Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,031 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister (25418 Views)

ASUU Take U-turn Over Public Outcry, Schools May Resume On Monday, As Lecturers / Schools May Resume On Monday After Emergency NEC Meeting This Weekend / ASUP May Resume Strike, Says President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by ultraawesome(m): 5:43am On Sep 04, 2014
But the training of two teachers from each school has not even commenced yet
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by rezzy: 5:44am On Sep 04, 2014
0955eb027: Which kain tin be dis 1 nah? Abeg make una no try reverse d decision una don make earlier o... Na to collect ma nonsense NYSC cert I dey wait for o come oct 16... Anambra don tire me o

I pray it shouldnt be nonsense to you at last.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by presh2mos: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2014
[quote
author=slap1]There should also be protective measures in schools to
arrest any possible spread of the disease.
That said, I believe the government should deliberate efficiently on any
decision before announcing it to the public. Going back on its
decisions is a sign of weakness.[/quote]

This really is the problem I have with this goverment ........ INSTABILITY
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 04, 2014
elobyobi: tongue All those teaching corpers that have travelled, leaving us the medical and legal corpers....NTOOOOO!!! tongue

See how re.tarded your thinking is.
Ebola didn't even concern you, kids safety neither. You're thinking of how to console your wretchedness with someone else's misery.

Sadist
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by dedarkman(m): 6:34am On Sep 04, 2014
Can u imagine,after they made us miss 3 weeks camp because of this useless Ebola virus issue now they want to go back on their words cmmmm Nigeria I hail
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Tekzyflex(m): 6:35am On Sep 04, 2014
No way!

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by elobyobi: 6:36am On Sep 04, 2014
ebdib:

Ebola didn't even concern you, kids safety neither. You're thinking of how to console your wretchedness with someone else's misery.

Sadist

How did u know my baptismal name? grin
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by IYANGBALI: 6:41am On Sep 04, 2014
bunmioguns: good news
baaaaaaaaaad news. January 2015 is better
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Lovable14(f): 6:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Fg shd stick to the oct 13 resumption date. They shd not go contrary to their decision because some parents have readjusted their programmes in line wit d new date.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 04, 2014
ebdib:

Sadist

That young man was obviously kidding, your reply was rather harsh; just saying.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by wallex1983(m): 6:50am On Sep 04, 2014
EmmaOgbu: School better resume oo. No time. If Ebola shld make u close schools, churches shld be closed too

When these kids go to school, they are on their own. But if they all report in church, they are covered by the blood of Jesus.
Diaris God oooooº°˚˚˚°º°˚˚˚°º‎​
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by ibroopeyemi(m): 6:53am On Sep 04, 2014
good idea.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by doninno(m): 7:12am On Sep 04, 2014
They are all confused bozo y close primary nd secondary schools leaving uni nd poly, well close every public gathering to justify ur act nd tank God it will resume soon
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by AriDsexy(f): 7:22am On Sep 04, 2014
And they go ahead and say things they can't do.What's the point not sticking to the previous date....playing politics with people's life!
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by hakunajay(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2014
0955eb027: Which kain tin be dis 1 nah? Abeg make una no try reverse d decision una don make earlier o... Na to collect ma nonsense NYSC cert I dey wait for o come oct 16... Anambra don tire me o

Boss, i tell it to you that your nysc certificate will never be nonsense in the name of Jesus, amen!
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by kennz(f): 7:30am On Sep 04, 2014
i tot dey sed dey will train teachers from each schl. wat abt dat? Nigerian leaders!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Calebosko(m): 7:30am On Sep 04, 2014
olasmith10: its a good development so far preventive measures will be put in place when they resume.. at least this my troublesome brother can now go to school earlier than supposed..
make ur troublesome brother go and die abi?if he catch am u go folow
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by jiggalo(m): 7:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Am full.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by weaseloo: 7:40am On Sep 04, 2014
The kids better remain at home till this Ebola thing is over. It will surprise them how fast this thing can spread with children involved.

Imagine a case where the child begins to get symptomatic in school and vomits on other children, how do they intend to manage it. Abeg, for their safety and the safety of the population, we can all hold on for a few more weeks. Let them not forget how fast Ebola kills.
The private schools may not live to enjoy the money they are pursuing.

I agree with the comments here saying they are confused. Going back and forth shows un-seriousness.

Parents should speak out and kick back too. We are the first to contact this things when it beings to spread. Take to twitter and other social media mediums to make our voices heard.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Biggyd2: 7:42am On Sep 04, 2014
I hope Chukwu and his masters know exactly what they are doing. This is a country where people are still dying from ebola in PH, they are still confirming more cases and someone who is supposed to be quarantined, is still at large. I pity most of the public schools. These people should not politicise this problem.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by olasmith10(m): 7:46am On Sep 04, 2014
Calebosko: make ur troublesome brother go and die abi?if he catch am u go folow

Where die take enter dis tori now..
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by olami100(m): 7:46am On Sep 04, 2014
What will it take dis private skool owners to adhere to simple instruction frm federal govt! Honestly speaking, is it that they don't care for the children or what and once kids and children begin to contract ebola, they will cast the blame on jonathan and his cohort! To me The private school owners are just after their own pocket not after the safety of the children! Until we begin to accept and do the right tins in this country! We will never grow as a nation!!
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Crixina(f): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Oooooh!here I was praying the October 13th date be extended to like say January next year

#sad#
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by amanze15(m): 7:48am On Sep 04, 2014
public officers "maradoning" information< tshweeeeewwwww i dey one villlage abi town for bassa LGA in Kogi waiting patiently for my NYSC cert cry
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 04, 2014
Will schools in Rivers and Lagos States resume earlier too? I just hope and pray they know what they are doing before sending innocent children back to school. I thought they were going to use the extension to sensitize school owners and stakeholders, set standards and even set up inspection committee to ensure that the set standard is religiously adhered to in schools.

Why the rush to go back to school now? The same way they rushed to announce that naija is finally ebola free,
The same way they lied to us that they had all Sawyer's primary contacts under surveillance or quarantined, only for one to turn up in PH!

As usual, the onus is on us parents to adequately protect our angels because naija government can't take a firm decision! Besides, school owners are too greedy to allow this extension.

God will protect our children in Jesus name!
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Calebosko(m): 8:03am On Sep 04, 2014
olasmith10:

Where die take enter dis tori now..
ebola na deadly deaseas brother
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by JustCurious: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2014
doninno: They are all confused bozo y close primary nd secondary schools leaving uni nd poly, well close every public gathering to justify ur act nd tank God it will resume soon

School children need be protected because they are more vulnerable. They know next to nothing about EVD, the symptoms and preventive measures. #Let the kids stay safe
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Lucky77: 8:24am On Sep 04, 2014
Yeeee paripa oooooo.
So these powerful private school owners have finally arm-twisted and intimidated the education minister to bow to their request.
Whose interest are these people protecting for heavens sake? Their pocket or the future of the children? All that matters is the profit they make when school resumes and not the risk the children are subjected to? In market, churches, or other public gatherings, they are fully accompanied and guided by elders, but in school classes..? I only hope and pray that some schools will not end up been converted to quarantine centres.
Parents must rise up and speak. The school owners are only after their MONEY.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by lurvy: 8:30am On Sep 04, 2014
[size=18pt]Please house... When did the minister of health become the minister of education??

Who gave the minister of health the audacity to speak about when school should resume or not?

He hasn't shown enough competency to handle the health sector yet but now wants to dive in to the education sector!.. Really absurd!

What steps did the minister of health take to prevent EBOLA from getting into Nigeria ?? Knowing fully well that EBOLA was prevalent in countries like Liberia, etc for over six months before it got to Nigeria and nobody from the health sector was deployed to at least check or quarantine suspected EBOLA carriers at the borders and various point of entry into Nigeria.

In Nigeria.. people usually wait till something happens before action! Why always reactive measures.??

What happened to preventive/ proactive measures?

The health minister should better concentrate on the health sector and leave the education sector for the education minister!

Enough measures should be put in place to curtail EBOLA virus before any school resumption!

If adults and health workers have been this vulnerable to the EBOLA virus... What will be the fate of kids who'll even be more vulnerable?

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by Sammyblaq(m): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2014
in the course of education, it is a good development FG...*whispering* but dont let those jonker-kids hear am o. From october 13th to mid-september.
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by RAO1(m): 9:01am On Sep 04, 2014
elobyobi: tongue All those teaching corpers that have travelled, leaving us the medical and legal corpers....NTOOOOO!!! tongue
Chai ! I'm now in Ibadan o o . Kogi state again
Re: Ebola: Schools May Resume Mid-september – Health Minister by MARKone(m): 9:10am On Sep 04, 2014
Nigerian Government and policy sormasault. Was Mr Chukwu or the ministry of health not consulted before the Oct 13th was fixed, what changed. Please they should not play politics with the safety of our children, what is wrong in waiting till the new resumption date of Oct 13, hopefully the Ebola must have been contained effectively, school fees will still be paid Full.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia Polytechnic Manufactured ASEPA Bins (Photos) / JAMB Speaks On Universities’ Cut-off Marks, Admission Criteria / Translate This To English.."e Don Tey Wey Day Break"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.