Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,468 members, 7,954,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:26 AM

My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! (1803 Views)

IGP Arase, Obi, Ahmed, Others May Be Sacked- Daily Trust / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / Osundare, Ajasin, Falola, Other Eminent Nigerians Call For National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by adeoladrg(m): 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
My Adventure to ELEWEERAN as written by
Falola Ahmed O.

Greatest Nigerian Students,
I stated in my previous Press Release that the
oppressors of affordable education in the State
had extended their tentacles by offering bribes to
Student Leaders, many of whom duly accepted
while the rest of us dutifully rejected. I state it
now that they have resorted to again extend their
tentacles, but this time, it is by witch-hunting
and intimidating those few of us radical, nay,
sincere enough to not dance to their tune, who
will not be bribed or bought or silenced, who
realise that ‘he calls the tunes who pays the
piper,’ and will not be paid so we may be called
to shush when we should in fact hush these
oppressors of affordable education in the State.
For that is what you elected us for, that is the
mandate you gave us, and that is what we shall
do– even in death.

It is a stance that has cost many a night, and
much peace of mind. It is a stance that has
incurred the wrath of these oppressors, most of
whom, it is sad to say, are elected officials
barking orders from above, and using the powers
of State against sense and reason. It is a stance
that threatens life, even mine, especially mine.
But we will not cower; for we believe that they
can only try so much, for like Galileo Galilei, we
“do not… believe that the same God who has
endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has
intended us to forgo their use”, for we know that
death is only a phase, a transition, not a
standstill– so that we shall continue to stand for
justice even from beneath.
And so I may yet serve you while am alive, and
evade the wicked, watchful, eyes of these
oppressors, I changed my residence a few weeks
ago, and moved out of their territory, or so I
believed at the time. Alas, evil is ubiquitous, and
our irresponsible political representatives-
turned-oppressors have such infinite capacity for
evil, so much that one wonders how easy life
would be for us all if their selfish selves
sanctified their disingenuous ingenuity, and
spread the wealth, our wealth, rather than hoard–
and plot for more.

THEIR PLOT AGAINST THE TRUTH
The evening of Sunday, 31st of August, 2014,
saw me heading home from Imaweje via TASUED
after a brief meeting with some of our comrades,
which meeting put me in high spirits, hoping for
the peaceful resolution of our disagreement with
the State Government on the OOU SUG issue
amidst others, and willing our Government to
berth at the shores of reason, and desert the
turbulent tides of insanity where they yet remain.
Then the NANS car I was driving began to jerk…
I am an amateur in driving, there was little could
I do than park the car and lock it, but not before
retrieving essential documents resident therein.
That done, I trekked home since nothing seemed
strange or funny hitherto, since home was only a
few streets away, since I did not know that the
oppressors yet held “strange” and “funny” in
store for me.
I woke up the following morning, observed my
subhi prayer at Itanri Central Mosque and
thereafter set out for the car, only to reach the
spot where I had parked it the previous night and
not meet it. Perhaps the car had decided to go
home after all. You know cars, don’t you?
strange and funny.

At first I was rooted to the spotted, tempted as
we all were who have lost valuables to do the
most ridiculous of things, to look in the most
ludicrous of places, to say the darnedest things.
But I soon learnt that some policemen had towed
the car to their Station. Thus relieved, I made my
way to Obalende Police Station, Ijebu Ode, and
made my complaints known to the DPO and the
DCO, who proceeded to detain me. And then
Strange began to happen:
“Where is the police gun you took? Where are
your other gang (sic)?” I was dumbfounded,
understandably. I had come to ask for my car,
apologise for whatever inconveniences caused,
and retrieve same, only for strange queries to be
directed at me. How does one answer such
complex questions? I was at a loss for words, as
you can imagine; but not Obasilanta Francis, a
police officer with the number 385007 who took
it upon himself to beat me. And it all seemed
strange, and aloof, until he said, “You this small
thing disturbing the peace of Ogun State.”
Then Funny played out: Right there and then, it
began to make sense, everything, including the
rest of this Release. It consequently took quite a
while for them to get me a statement form, and
that they did twice! I thereafter managed to reach
out to the National President of NANS, to my
lawyer, and to the Director of the SSS. And they
were members of the ERC and the Students’
Union of TASUED, to whom I am indebted, who
mobilised to barricade the Police Station
chanting Aluta hymns, facilitated my release on
bail at exactly 6: 30 pm, September 1st, 2014,
and without whose supported I might as well
have been forgotten in the cell, deprived of life by
the unrelenting grip of our infamous oppressors
at the top.
The IPO, Charles by name, subsequently asked
me to come for the car the following day,
yesterday, and when I went there by 8 am i was
told that the Commissioner of Police has shown
interest in my case, that I was to go to Eleweeran
Police Station, Abeokuta. At Eleweeran, I was
detained for what I do not know anything about;
and as the policemen told my lawyer when he
came to the Station: "this issue na order from
above."

Greatest Nigerian students, Good people of Ogun
state,
I urge you with the words of the revered Nelson
Mandela, late, yet ever conscious in our hearts
and present in every struggle against oppression
and oppressors, even ours: “If you have just
course, fight it with your last breath; even if no
one appreciates you, posterity will never forget
you." I urge you to stand for what is right, what
is fair, what is true. I urge you to prevail on the
powers that be, including Tola Banjo, the Deputy
Speaker of the OGHA and in whose constituency
this “issue” occurred, to not do this to me.
I solemnly swear to you this day that I know
nothing about the robbery of a police officer I
stand accused of. I have been in activism since
2007: I was an SUG president in 2009, I never
robbed; I was the General Secretary of the Ogun
Youth Association in 2012, I never stole; and I
am presently the NANS Chairman in Ogun State.
In spite of all the challenges, today marks 1 year
and 3 days that I have been fighting for justice in
Ogun State. Why will I steal now?

As I write, I am in detention over activism and
the fight for a just course. I do not know what
fate awaits me. It may take a year to return to
you, perhaps a month, perhaps a day; but even if
I die here, someone must take up the
responsibility. But it is never right to blow me
away because I speak the truth, because I fight
for us, because I cannot be bought.
Affordable education in Ogun State is what we
want.
No retreat. No surrender. The end is always the
beginning. And we shall overcome, this time too.
Till we meet again, if indeed we do,
FALOLA AHMED O.
NANS CHAIRMAN, OGUN STATE.
Bb: 288c8410

1 Like

Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by whitecat007: 3:25am On Sep 04, 2014
You are a pdp paid agent, and you will pay if you are working for the govt that has held your people hostage for 15 years.

What is Amosun's sin? He reduced the tuition fee and it will kick in less than a year but, you paid agent of the devil don't want to have any of that. What could be so hard in a bill that will take less than 12 months to be implemented? Even if you are not going to benefit from it, what about those new students that will find it helpful? Or will you be the last to attend the school? Pdp is written all over you but, do think about other students who couldn't pay the old fee but, will enroll to pay the reduced fee. May you rot in hell if you are working for pdp or any politician cos, we are not buying it!

2 Likes

Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by adeoladrg(m): 9:37am On Sep 04, 2014
^^ Unfortunately, I'm not into politics. I also don't care about APC or PDP. I'm in this struggle myself just like thousands of my colleagues.

2 Likes

Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by aljharem(m): 9:46am On Sep 04, 2014
adeoladrg: ^^ Unfortunately, I'm not into politics. I also don't care about APC or PDP. I'm in this struggle myself just like thousands of colleagues.

I don't think these people understand. Not everyone is APC or PDP. Some of us are just ordinary citizens and we can see that APC is nothing but an extension of PDP that they insult each day.

1 Like

Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2014
adeoladrg: ^^ Unfortunately, I'm not into politics. I also don't care about APC or PDP. I'm in this struggle myself just like thousands of colleagues.
I'm not a student, and even so, not affiliated with any political party. I will stand and vote for who is right and who is right depends on his/her performance we can see.

For years, Ogun state has been living on past glory: no overheads bridges except the one that OBJ struggled to make happen at sango, major cities are a mess with single lane roads, institutions are jes there (except mapoly which has tried to move with the tides), etc.

Now, OGD increased the fees, u have been fighting since 3 years and you never deemed it fit to fight this fight except now!

If you have brains and you are not paid by the opposition, I biliv u shld allow ds man rest and finish whatever he started.

You are an agent of the PDP and nothing else! Even from what I'm hearing from the parents, they are surprised that people as you can be ungrateful!

OOU for instance is taking new shapes in terms of administration and delivery. Most of you are just students who are not serious. The new VC is clearly not making things easy. Doing things normally has became a problem to you. You want it the PDP way, the corrupt way!
Paying to pass and boycotting fees. Bribing staffs and sliding underneath hurdles while hardworking students have nuttin to show for it.

At the mention of OOU as ur school, people knw u are a joke!!! These things are foreign to you, jes admit it and stop hiding under the guise of fighting for freedom!

Where were u three yrs ago? A sane person knws you have lost the fight! Most people had paid and even filled their course form!

Amosun will go for second time! Even his 3yrs is better than the 12yrs combined of both AD and PDP!!

You can only try, you won't submerge the truth. Out of 11 schools, only you? You no dey shame?

And even if the others accept bribe, it's called politics.

The good man had spoken: he won't reduce it, stay at home. Is that not a hallmark of OOU?

A course of 4 yrs will stretch to 6yrs! It's not new!!! Most of your graduates stay 2yrs before serving because of the rot in your system!

OOU is a joke, we all knw dt!!!

1 Like

Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by adeoladrg(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I'm not a student, and even so, not affiliated with any political party. I will stand and vote for who is right and who is right depends on his/her performance we can see.

For years, Ogun state has been living on past glory: no overheads bridges except the one that OBJ struggled to make happen at sango, major cities are a mess with single lane roads, institutions are jes there (except mapoly which has tried to move with the tides), etc.

Now, OGD increased the fees, u have been fighting since 3 years and you never deemed it fit to fight this fight except now!

If you have brains and you are not paid by the opposition, I biliv u shld allow ds man rest and finish whatever he started.

You are an agent of the PDP and nothing else! Even from what I'm hearing from the parents, they are surprised that people as you can be ungrateful!

OOU for instance is taking new shapes in terms of administration and delivery. Most of you are just students who are not serious. The new VC is clearly not making things easy. Doing things normally has became a problem to you. You want it the PDP way, the corrupt way!
Paying to pass and boycotting fees. Bribing staffs and sliding underneath hurdles while hardworking students have nuttin to show for it.

At the mention of OOU as ur school, people knw u are a joke!!! These things are foreign to you, jes admit it and stop hiding under the guise of fighting for freedom!

Where were u three yrs ago? A sane person knws you have lost the fight! Most people had paid and even filled their course form!

Amosun will go for second time! Even his 3yrs is better than the 12yrs combined of both AD and PDP!!

You can only try, you won't submerge the truth. Out of 11 schools, only you? You no dey shame?

And even if the others accept bribe, it's called politics.

The good man had spoken: he won't reduce it, stay at home. Is that not a hallmark of OOU?

A course of 4 yrs will stretch to 6yrs! It's not new!!! Most of your graduates stay 2yrs before serving because of the rot in your system!

OOU is a joke, we all knw dt!!!

You're the type that failed comprehension in secondary school. You lack reasoning.

I was expecting a normal person to condemn what happened to the young man. Yet, you went OOU is this, OOU is that. No one has mentioned the VC here, someone we are overly satisfied with. Oh so bribe is okay now? I'm so getting you! I won't be mincing words with you this time. Hope your farming business is doing well?

1 Like

Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by adeoladrg(m): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
aljharem:

I don't think these people understand. Not everyone is APC or PDP. Some of us are just ordinary citizens and we can see that APC is nothing but an extension of PDP that they insult each day.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
adeoladrg:

You're the type that failed comprehension in secondary school. You lack reasoning.

I was expecting a normal person to condemn what happened to the young man. Yet, you went OOU is this, OOU is that. No one has mentioned the VC here, someone we are overly satisfied with. Oh so bribe is okay now? I'm so getting you! I won't be mincing words with you this time. Hope your farming business is doing well?
I expect a comment for someone with brain and not a toddler like u..

If you are pained, change ur school and get a life!

Apart from medicine and law, OOU is a complete joke!

Allow Saburi (the new VC) to work and allow the govr some slack!

And abt comprehensive reasoning, u are so damn dumb dt u didn't knw that I dnt av to go on a one way traffic with u!!

And like u asked, my farming business is working just fine.

If must knw, I'm just planning to go into plantain plantation by next year. Land already acquired at ago iwoye. And the cassava farm is prospering,

The different btw u and successful people is common sense. There's nutting that concern u and my farming business, and people who knws that balotelli is crazy but an asset understood that business is diff from other things!

If by chance you leave school and cldnt get a job on time, contact me and I'll help u start up a little farm. Ur backyard won't be a bad starting point.

If u're pained, leave school or go die!

1 Like

Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by adeoladrg(m): 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I expect a comment for someone with brain and not a toddler like u..

And abt comprehensive reasoning, u are so damn dumb dt u didn't knw that I dnt av to go on a one way traffic with u!!

If must knw, I'm just planning to go into plantain plantation by next year. Land already acquired at ago iwoye. And the cassava farm is prospering,

The different btw u and successful people is common sense. There's nutting that concern u and my farming business, and people who knws that balotelli is crazy but an asset understood that business is diff from other things!

If by chance you leave school and cldnt get a job on time, contact me and I'll help u start up a little farm. Ur backyard won't be a bad starting point.

Hahaha don't tell me that's the best you can do. C'mon!
Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by emmatok(m): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I expect a comment for someone with brain and not a toddler like u..

Did you bother to read the post at all.
Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by emmatok(m): 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2014

What has all this got to do with illegal detention of the young man
Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by adeoladrg(m): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
emmatok:

What has all this got to do with illegal detention of the young man

I don't understand.. Probably his support for APC has beclouded his reasoning.
Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
adeoladrg:

I don't understand.. Probably his support for APC has beclouded his reasoning.
probably the stipends paid to you has dimmed your dignity!

Keep lying..

By the way, I dnt support APC or any party, I support amosun, I support change
Re: My Adventure To ELEWE ERAN. By Falola Ahmed.. Pls Read! by adeoladrg(m): 12:00am On Sep 05, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: probably the stipends paid to you has dimmed your dignity!

Keep lying..

See, my school fees is 212K. There's no hostel, house rent is 85K per year. That's already almost 300K. Feeding, books and the remaining necessities will require more money..

This is the case for more than 20,000 of us. If you don't feel good with the struggle, then BACK OFF!!

(1) (Reply)

AFCON QUALIFIER: Check Full List Of Players Invited By Keshi For Sudan / A Man Gets A Knock-out Kick For Calling Someone A Ka**ir At An ATM (south Africa / Oyinlola To Receive 150billion Naira Damages From MTN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.