Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out (2163 Views)

Fayose Pardons 31 Ekiti Civil Servants Who Resumed Late To Work / Ekiti Civil Servants Kneel For Fayose Over Lateness (Photo) / The Governor Cannot Arrest Us || Ekiti Speaker Dares Gov. Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Badex10(m): 8:03am On Sep 04, 2014
by Adedayo Ademuwagun
It's been more than two months since
the
election in Ekiti state, and some civil
servants claim that since the elections,
they have been going without pay.
This week, health workers at the Ekiti
State Teaching Hospital threatened to
strike because they hadn't been paid for
July and August. Local government
workers also struck for two weeks last
month, but have since resumed work.
Anike, a worker in one of the local
government secretariats and said she's
not been paid for two months. "They've
not paid us since June. The government
never did this before the election.
"They used to pay salaries every month
end without fail. But since the election,
they've changed. The government has
lost motivation
"We heard rumours that Fayemi has said
we should wait till October when the
person we voted for will be in charge,"
she concluded.
Adebola, a teacher at a public secondary
school in Ife-Ekiti, said she just got paid
for July only week ago.
"I was paid last week. What we heard is
that the government has a lot of debt to
pay and Fayemi has said he cannot
borrow any more money to pay salaries.
So we should wait till the government
gets the next federal allocation."
Banke works at one of the government
ministries. She says, "I've not been paid,
but some people were paid in our
ministry last week. That means they've
begun to pay our salaries and those of
us
who haven't been paid will be paid
soon."
Speaking with YNaija, the Ekiti
Commissioner for Information, Tayo
Ekundayo refuted the stories. "We're not
owing anyone for June or July. We only
have August salaries to pay up, and we
are working on it. August just ended a
few days ago. So it's not like we've taken
a long time. Since we took charge four
years ago, we've been paying salaries
very promptly. In some other states, the
government perpetually owes its workers
months of salary. But we've never been
like that."
In Ekiti, the government is the largest
employer of labour and most workers in
the state work in the civil service.
Reports
suggest that civil servants were
disaffected by certain Fayemi policies
concerning them prior to the election
and that this caused them to vote for his
opponent, Ayo Fayose. The governor-
elect will assume office on October 16.
Source: www.locogist..com
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Badex10(m): 8:06am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 04, 2014
Too bad. Fayemi should eschew bitterness and pay the workers what is due to them. He shouldn't rubbish his legacies by being bitter. Power belong to God. He give it to whoever he please

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by mistudreh(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2014
Hahaha.... Una do d guy strong thing for not voting him for 2nd term. U all should chill till ur fayose take over, atleast fayemi try nah. Shey workers wey dey kogi state no fit talk abt their unpaid salaries too.
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by gbeseun(m): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2014
God catch dem all,dia rice don finish,make fayose come pay una now

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by ola6: 9:31am On Sep 04, 2014
Very bitter people. Faremi, once you leave office just travel out of ekiti because you will be beaten to stupor. Typical of APC's politics of bitterness... sad

9 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Tunjasko(m): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Tell d PDP led fed. govt. to always release d allocation promptly

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Tunjasko(m): 9:55am On Sep 04, 2014
ola6: Very bitter people. Faremi, once you leave office just travel out of ekiti because you will be beaten to stupor. Typical of APC's politics of bitterness... sad

na u wan beat am....ODE

10 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by ola6: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2014
Tunjasko:

na u wan beat am....ODE
grin grin grin
Na your god Tinubu ole I wan beat... Dunce. You guys will be chased out of the SW 2015. I dey laugh o...

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by ola6: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2014
Tunjasko:

na u wan beat am....ODE

See hin hand...because Fayemi done buy am laptop...shior.

9 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Tunjasko(m): 10:31am On Sep 04, 2014
ola6:
grin grin grin
Na your god Tinubu ole I wan beat... Dunce. You guys will be chased out of the SW 2015. I dey laugh o...

Go beat am nah....POLITICAL THUG
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Freest(m): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2014
APC...... Continue una hear!!!
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Tunjasko(m): 10:36am On Sep 04, 2014
ola6:

See hin hand...because Fayemi done buy am laptop...shior.

hey d.unce....u don finish d rice wey Fayose gve u....
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by lilprinze: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2014
Lol the Guy is still angry with them for not voting him for 2nd term eiya he should take heart and better pay them their salaries weather he pay them or not it would not change the fact that he lost.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by chamboy(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2014
PdP, Lp, Anpp, ad sef dey do the same thing (I can remember Alaka of Oyo didn't even pay sef till he left....) All of dem na same
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by KnowAll(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2014
To use Amosun's word, Fayemi's is bo--oby-trapping Fayose!!!
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Ghost01(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2014
Tunjasko: Tell d PDP led fed. govt. to always release d allocation promptly
...and fully! The FG should stop releasing monthly allocations in installments.
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by aljharem(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2014
But why are black people wicked to each other. So because I did not vote for fayemi, I dont get paid my salary that I have worked for.

He has forgotten that this were the same people that voted him in during his first term.

APC government is very bad and autocratic . This is how a dictator will behave

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by aljharem(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2014
gbeseun: God catch dem all,dia rice don finish,make fayose come pay una now

So because I decided to vote because of rice, I don't get paid my salary. I believe it is within my rights to decide who to vote for without prejudice

After all fayemi too distributed rice and even added 5 thousand naira to it.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by aljharem(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2014

I think you are very stu.pid for that statement. So the state has no savings or reserved for workers salaries ?

Moreover the fg has released funds only that APC fayemi is bitter for losing

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
Fayemi is one of the biggest frauds in Nigeria. With that his smiling face and sweet tongue you will think Ekiti is ruled by a gentleman but spend some time there first! All that is a carefully cultivated media image. The man is a ruthless, autocratic dictator with a huge, out of whack ego and a nasty, vindictive streak. I remember when I served there during the election period, I heard from a corper at Ektv that someone lost his job because he mistakenly played a Labour Party campaign advert during the tv broadcast of an APC rally. That same day they gave him his sack letter.

The man is vicious with a deceptive exterior. These kind of people are the most dangerous people on earth!

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Tunjasko(m): 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
aljharem:

I think you are very stu.pid for that statement. So the state has no savings or reserved for workers salaries ?

Moreover the fg has released funds only that APC fayemi is bitter for losing

Give me d proof dat FG has released the funds.....idiotic m.oron

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
Fayose will. Just a little bit longer. grin
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
He go wan stash some loots for future use na..
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by comos: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Badex10: by Adedayo Ademuwagun
It's been more than two months since
the
election in Ekiti state, and some civil
servants claim that since the elections,
they have been going without pay.
This week, health workers at the Ekiti
State Teaching Hospital threatened to
strike because they hadn't been paid for
July and August. Local government
workers also struck for two weeks last
month, but have since resumed work.
Anike, a worker in one of the local
government secretariats and said she's
not been paid for two months. "They've
not paid us since June. The government
never did this before the election.
"They used to pay salaries every month
end without fail. But since the election,
they've changed. The government has
lost motivation
"We heard rumours that Fayemi has said
we should wait till October when the
person we voted for will be in charge,"
she concluded.
Adebola, a teacher at a public secondary
school in Ife-Ekiti, said she just got paid
for July only week ago.
"I was paid last week. What we heard is
that the government has a lot of debt to
pay and Fayemi has said he cannot
borrow any more money to pay salaries.
So we should wait till the government
gets the next federal allocation."
Banke works at one of the government
ministries. She says, "I've not been paid,
but some people were paid in our
ministry last week. That means they've
begun to pay our salaries and those of
us
who haven't been paid will be paid
soon."
like that."
In Ekiti, the government is the largest
employer of labour and most workers in
the state work in the civil service.
Reports
suggest that civil servants were
disaffected by certain Fayemi policies
concerning them prior to the election
and that this caused them to vote for his
opponent, Ayo Fayose. The governor-
elect will assume office on October 16.
APC finally showing their true colour.
I pity osun people,
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by aljharem(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
Tunjasko:

Give me d proof dat FG has released the funds.....idiotic m.oron

Mo.ron before making allegations get proof

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
like that."

Who is sponsoring these Civil Servants? I suspect Fayemi is blocking their "choppings", hence their dissatisfaction for his government.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Tunjasko(m): 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
aljharem:

Mo.ron before making allegations get proof

Gve me d proof dat allocations hve been paid....ODE
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by comrChris(m): 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
mistudreh: Hahaha.... Una do d guy strong thing for not voting him for 2nd term. U all should chill till ur fayose take over, atleast fayemi try nah. Shey workers wey dey kogi state no fit talk abt their unpaid salaries too.
which legacy are you talking about? The only tangible thing that thief did is the beautification project of ado ekiti which he took from his predisessor( segun oni).and even till today am still wondering whether ado ekiti was beautfied or not,

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Collynzo16: 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
For me, I still don't understand the reason for such a long gap between elections and handover of power in Nigeria.
It should be 2 weeks maximum
Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
You need to ask where other states which have been regular and prompt in paying salaries get their own funds from. Is it not wicked owing workers for 3 months? What do you expect them to feed on?
barcanista: Speaking with YNaija, the Ekiti
like that."

Who is sponsoring these Civil Servants? I suspect Fayemi is blocking their "choppings", hence their dissatisfaction for his government.
Silly questionand suggestion. If Fayemi was paying them, do you think they will collect money from PDP to rubbish his govt as you seem to suggest?

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Is No Longer Paying Us – Ekiti Civil Servants Cry Out by mistudreh(m): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
comrChris: which legacy are you talking about? The only tangible thing that thief did is the beautification project of ado ekiti which he took from his predisessor( segun oni).and even till today am still wondering whether ado ekiti was beautfied or not,
Am sure you were eager to pour out your hatred for this man without reading the thread... We are talking about unpaid salaries ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between PDP And APC Manifestos.. / Igbo Nation Is The Oldest Kindom In Africa / Sambo Delivers Polling Unit, Defeats APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.