Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan (1118 Views)

Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / What Is Our Government Doing In Terms Of Infrastructure Construction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that the Federal Government needs about N485 trillion for the implementation of the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan (NIIMP), which is to be achieved in three phases.

Jonathan sated this in Abuja yesterday during the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, adding that the plan would be implemented over a period of 30 years from 2014 to 2043.

He explained that the first five years phase between now and 2018 will require $166.1 billion for implementation.

The plan will, among other things, address the lack of linkages in the infrastructure sector. It focuses on core infrastructure, including energy (power and oil and gas), transport (roads, rail, ports and airports), housing, water and Information and Communication Technology. Briefing State House correspondents at the end of the meeting, the Minister of State for Power, Mohammed Wakil, alongside the Ministers of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, National Planning, Abubakar Sulaiman and Transport, Idris Umar, recalled that Jonathan had in July 2012, approved that the National Planning Commission (NPC) coordinate the preparation of NIIMP for the country.

Other infrastructure classes include agriculture, mining, social infrastructure, vital registration and security.
http://odili.net/news/source/2014/sep/4/512.html

1 Like

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by omenka(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Are they planing on building a Kennedy Space Station in every state

1 Like

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by overhypedsteve(m): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Guess we may need to sacrifice for Nigeria now. This is what we need as a country, we need large scale projects. Not all this one that we hear the federal government is commissioning rice tank abi na silo, and we are all clapping, when we re still living in slums, the fact is that right now Nigeria needs projects that would directly improve the standard of living of its citizenry. And we cannot achieve that by building 5 star hotels or Olympic sized stadium ( i believe if there is a need for such luxuries then, it should be addressed) we need to connect people houses with pipe borne water, build schools that children of humans can learn in, provide electricity for all, wat about hospitals? Have you ever wondered why people die so easily in Nigeria? Well its because we do not have a working health system (i enjoyed NHIS for five years though), we just allow our people to live in their country like animals. Imagine a place where people buy what they eat, you ll see a large uncontrolled sewage and refuse dump, ( please i do not care about where you come from, cus i know that there is no state in this country no matter how much it claim to have developed, that can be excused from this) and still yet we have slum dwellers who will come on here on nairaland to post pictures of hotels and malls that their city is developing. Developing in what sense? How can humans exist without access to electricity, pipe borne water, health care, and not even a working police. Are we humans at all self? Have you ever thought of this? You may be living in a high end neighbourhood but that does not make you more human than those living in the slums,
those who know me on nairaland know that i would never comment on any thread on political parties or anything at all regarding nigerian polity, because we have lost it completely. The whole concept of communal existence is alien to most nigerian society. I know towns and communities in Nigeria that have a better economy than some abroad and yet when we go there it would be as if we are coming from a pig house. [b]they are not better than us, they can never be[/b ] but do we as nigerians respect that fact. See i think i am kind of veering off topic so i guess i would have to stop here. When i argue with this ghanians they always remind me that life and standard of living is worth more than all the money, and that is fact. We do not respect the life of our fellow men enough in Nigeria to even want to make laws to protect it or to create infrastructures for everyone to enjoy this beautiful gift of life. More people have died in this country from non access to basic necessities (which is our right as humans to have ) than boko haram or any other over zealous group that would come up in the future would ever kill.
@overhypedsteve

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Olyboy16(m): 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
It on and live. Rate GEJ's performance
in office here at the nairaland
version of the recent & disputed
NOIpolls. ->
https://www.nairaland.com/1885853/
poll-rate-dear-presidents-
performance
. Let you opinion count this time
around
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
omenka: Are they planing on building a Kennedy Space Station in every state
lmao.
The FG is planning to introduce a "Diaspora bond' which will help in financing the N400tr budget.

3 Likes

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by mistudreh(m): 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
Oluwa gba wa!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Olyboy16(m): 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
N485trn!!?...i'm sure some pot bellied political looter will have already started planning how many jets they'll buy, how many swiss accounts they would run and how many houses and mistresses they will acquire...no b Naija?? Mtchew

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by lilprinze: 9:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
FG and politicians Needs N485trn to loot. What have they done with the money they have? nothing apart from looting it into their accounts.

1 Like

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by eleojo23: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is a huge project. Nigeria's infrastructural development is very low. This is what we should have started long ago. Anyway, better late than never.

4 Likes

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
overhypedsteve: Guess we may need to sacrifice for Nigeria now. This is what we need as a country, we need large scale projects. Not all this one that we hear the federal government is commissioning rice tank abi na silo, and we are all clapping, when we re still living in slums, the fact is that right now Nigeria needs projects that would directly improve the standard of living of its citizenry. And we cannot achieve that by building 5 star hotels or Olympic sized stadium ( i believe if there is a need for such luxuries then, it should be addressed) we need to connect people houses with pipe borne water, build schools that children of humans can learn in, provide electricity for all, wat about hospitals? Have you ever wondered why people die so easily in Nigeria? Well its because we do not have a working health system (i enjoyed NHIS for five years though), we just allow our people to live in their country like animals. Imagine a place where people buy what they eat, you ll see a large uncontrolled sewage and refuse dump, ( please i do not care about where you come from, cus i know that there is no state in this country no matter how much it claim to have developed, that can be excused from this) and still yet we have slum dwellers who will come on here on nairaland to post pictures of hotels and malls that their city is developing. Developing in what sense? How can humans exist without access to electricity, pipe borne water, health care, and not even a working police. Are we humans at all self? Have you ever thought of this? You may be living in a high end neighbourhood but that does not make you more human than those living in the slums,
those who know me on nairaland know that i would never comment on any thread on political parties or anything at all regarding nigerian polity, because we have lost it completely. The whole concept of communal existence is alien to most nigerian society. I know towns and communities in Nigeria that have a better economy than some abroad and yet when we go there it would be as if we are coming from a pig house. [b]they are not better than us, they can never be[/b ] but do we as nigerians respect that fact. See i think i am kind of veering off topic so i guess i would have to stop here. When i argue with this ghanians they always remind me that life and standard of living is worth more than all the money, and that is fact. We do not respect the life of our fellow men enough in Nigeria to even want to make laws to protect it or to create infrastructures for everyone to enjoy this beautiful gift of life. More people have died in this country from non access to basic necessities (which is our right as humans to have ) than boko haram or any other over zealous group that would come up in the future would ever kill.
@overhypedsteve

Damn, channeling your inner Jay-z: "What more can I say?"

Really though, what more can I say? You've said it all! We need to get real developments going, most especially human development, like the George Bush "No Child Left Behind" policy pertaining to education.

We need standards in this country, badly! For instance, a standard for road construction that MUST include drainages, and sidewalks in areas densely populated by pedestrians amongst other things. Another example is a standard for learning centers, schools and so on that mandates the provision of a conducive environment for learning which includes basics like modern chairs and tables, mandatory computer labs and so on.

There should be no way a project gets approved without meeting the "standard", but alas we are in Nigeria, and things do get bastardized.

The only practical solution I see is for the masses to stone erring politicians, since they don't go to jail.

4 Likes

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by daveP(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2014
That figure is just 1% of all the cash embezzled since 1990. Oil and Gold is there.

But anytime i hear talk like this, a new exploration starts. Enough of illegal minning in the North. We truly need big fund and nt all this tap-cutting, bungalow dedications we see them do as if they were opening a church. (lowers intonation) i hope Abuja isnt among the beneficiaries if it is implement? Let other states develop simultaneously too.

1 Like

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by overhypedsteve(m): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2014
UchihaMadara:

Damn, channeling your inner Jay-z: "What more can I say?"

Really though, what more can I say? You've said it all! We need to get real developments going, most especially human development, like the George Bush "No Child Left Behind" policy pertaining to education.

We need standards in this country, badly! For instance, a standard for road construction that MUST include drainages, and sidewalks in areas densely populated by pedestrians amongst other things. Another example is a standard for learning centers, schools and so on that mandates the provision of a conducive environment for learning which includes basics like modern chairs and tables, mandatory computer labs and so on.

There should be no way a project gets approved without meeting the "standard", but alas we are in Nigeria, and things do get bastardized.

The only practical solution I see is for the masses to stone erring politicians, since they don't go to jail.
sir, the burden of the crimes against humanity that is being committed by our government at our expense weighs heavily in my heart
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by overhypedsteve(m): 11:56am On Sep 05, 2014
CFCfan: President Goodluck Jonathan has said that the Federal Government needs about N485 trillion for the implementation of the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan (NIIMP), which is to be achieved in three phases.

Jonathan sated this in Abuja yesterday during the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, adding that the plan would be implemented over a period of 30 years from 2014 to 2043.

He explained that the first five years phase between now and 2018 will require $166.1 billion for implementation.

The plan will, among other things, address the lack of linkages in the infrastructure sector. It focuses on core infrastructure, including energy (power and oil and gas), transport (roads, rail, ports and airports), housing, water and Information and Communication Technology. Briefing State House correspondents at the end of the meeting, the Minister of State for Power, Mohammed Wakil, alongside the Ministers of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, National Planning, Abubakar Sulaiman and Transport, Idris Umar, recalled that Jonathan had in July 2012, approved that the National Planning Commission (NPC) coordinate the preparation of NIIMP for the country.

Other infrastructure classes include agriculture, mining, social infrastructure, vital registration and security.
http://odili.net/news/source/2014/sep/4/512.html
oga cfcfan you better find a way of moving your thread to the frontpage oh!
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
overhypedsteve: oga cfcfan you better find a way of moving your thread to the frontpage oh!
@ Mukina2, Seun, frontage pls
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Lordlexyy: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
This is how developed countries think. Mounting big infractural projects with the citizens in mind and not some patches of completed roads, rail lines and what are few. Development like this give people some sense of belonging and it raises the spirit of patriotism individual value and competitiveness. The resource is there, what we need is the will, determination and continuity to execute it.

1 Like

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
Like the Government is sincere..
What happened to the economic development Plans we had in the Past?
NEEDS, SEEDs and LEEDS?
Vision 20:20
MDG Plan 2015?
Now ther have extended it... Nonsense
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by RockMaxi: 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: Like the Government is sincere..
What happened to the economic development Plans we had in the Past?
NEEDS, SEEDs and LEEDS?
Vision 20:20
MDG Plan 2015?
Now ther have extended it... Nonsense

Well we still need a rolling plan, Population growth is at an exponential rate while Economic development and infrastructural development is crawling. Federal government is trying compared to our years of neglect. My main fear now is where to source this money from owning to the increasing debt portfolio.
And assuming we sourced for this money what of the will power to see the project through or is it not the same Nigeria..
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
RockMaxi:

Well we still need a rolling plan, Population growth is at an exponential rate while Economic development and infrastructural development is crawling. Federal government is trying compared to our years of neglect. My main fear now is where to source this money from owning to the increasing debt portfolio.
And assuming we sourced for this money what of the will power to see the project through or is it not the same Nigeria..
What do you mean they are trying? Specifically tell me what the Government has done to warrant the trying?
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
is dis One vision 2043?

1 Like

Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
To break it down, the country would need N16tr every year for infrastructural development. Considering the present state of the finances of both the FG and the states, this seems to be a tall order.
Maybe the private sector could play a. Expanded role here.
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
CFCfan: To break it down, the country would need N16tr every year for infrastructural development. Considering the present state of the finances of both the FG and the states, this seems to be a tall order.
Maybe the private sector could play a. Expanded role here.

grin dream on
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Sweetguy25: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
And our budget is little over 4 trillion naira. grin grin Yet, some mugus will say we have the money.
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by ifyan(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
[quote author=Lordlexyy post=26043673]This is how developed countries think. Mounting big infractural projects with the citizens in mind and not some patches of completed roads, rail lines and what are few. Development like this give people some sense of belonging and it raises the spirit of patriotism individual value and competitiveness. The resource is there, what we need is the will, determination and continuity to execute it. [/quote
Supported. Seconded. Lovede.followded.

What more can I say. .

True talk bro.

You know. ....
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by richidinho(m): 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
The first programme shld be how to check the population growth of the K-states

Thanks
Re: FG Needs N485trn For Implementation Of Infrastructure Master Plan by Gr8amechi: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Please this man stop saying all this shit, he knew all this and 2015 budget had over 90% as recurrent, this guy is the President I hate most because he knows what is right but refused to do them, shame on this guy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Has No Future / Open Letter To GEJ And TAN / Jonathan's IMPEACHMENT BATTLE - 130 Lawmakers Signed Impeachment Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.