Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram (1211 Views)

The Nigerian Army, The Fulani Herdsmen And Boko Haram; Spot The Differences. / Nigerian Troops Find Dead Bodies In A Well In Bama / THE NIGERIAN ARMY!!! The Need For Deep Reflection And Total Overhauling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by uzokingn(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2014
what is really happening in Bama Borno state Nigeria? with several conflicting report on the control of the town of Bama in Borno state Nigeria, the people of Nigeria have been thrown into total confusion on the situation of things in the north east part of the country. The media must portray the true state of the situation in this area in order not to throw the nation into confusion .
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by BlackTechnology: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2014
Who ever you wish to be in control cheesy
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by Idrismusty97(m): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2014
BBC is!
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2014
uzokingn: what is really happening in Bama Borno state Nigeria? with several conflicting report on the control of the town of Bama in Borno state Nigeria, the people of Nigeria have been thrown into total confusion on the situation of things in the north east part of the country. The media must portray the true state of the situation in this area in order not to throw the nation into confusion .

Trust me, if Boko Haram were to be in charge of Bama, you would have seen their videos flying everywhere. The media does not want this war to end, they are feasting on it big time.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by uzokingn(m): 10:38am On Sep 05, 2014
tokunboh:

Trust me, if Boko Haram were to be in charge of Bama, you would have seen their videos flying everywhere. The media does not want this war to end, they are feasting on it big time.
my brother I agree with u . they would ve shown the world their videos . To me the media is giving them cheap publicity. thank God the rate of bombing in our country have reduced.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by uzokingn(m): 10:40am On Sep 05, 2014
Idrismusty97: BBC is!
they said they colonised Nigeria yet I have not heard their position much in this issue.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 05, 2014
uzokingn: my brother I agree with u . they would ve shown the world their videos . To me the media is giving them cheap publicity. thank God the rate of bombing in our country have reduced.

I like the way the Nigerian Army is now handling information about their its counter-insurgency operations. The attack helicopters that has been pounding Boko Haram was secretly moved into the country a couple of weeks back and I'm glad it only just made the news after it has sent hundreds to Boko Haram members on the journey to meet their virgins. They just don't need to say anything to the press, they should keep holding their cards close to their chest.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by OreMI22: 10:42am On Sep 05, 2014
wetin concern agbero with overload.
They can put bama in the hands of ISIS or Taliban if they want.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2014
As at last night since Monday, evil boko unfortunately. was in charge even though the Nigerian military is fighting tooth and nail to recover it.
If the govt was in charge, surely her journalists would Av showcased such on nta like they did in time past. Since Monday, no show despite claims and counter claims.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by texaco1: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2014
I think we should just assume that the battle for bama is still ongoing

1 Like

Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 11:20am On Sep 05, 2014
texaco1: I think we should just assume that the battle for bama is still ongoing

5 days now and still counting?
What does this say about the Nigerian Military?
Do u have the confidence that this military can protect maiduguri against evil boko?
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by texaco1: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2014
Demdem:

Do u have the confidence that this military can protect maiduguri against evil boko?
yes they will protect maiduguri and I am sure boko haram can't take over maiduguri . The bama issue is a big embarrassment to the military and I know they will want to do everything to make sure bh doesn't pass that line .
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2014
texaco1: yes they will protect maiduguri and I am sure boko haram can't take over maiduguri . The bama issue is a big embarrassment to the military and I know they will want to do everything to make sure bh doesn't pass that line .

Unfortunately, Its a pity I don't share this optimism of urs. Bama has a solid military formation. Where were they when evil boko showed up?
Evil boko took Gwoza, and when we were trying to absorb this, those killers overrun Bama in less than 5 hours on Monday in a state that has been under emergency for so long. Bama is just some kilometres to maiduguri.
I love my country but on this issue, my fear is maiduguri is gone. I pray am proven wrong though.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by eejo(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2014
bama is now the new stainlingrad who ever win there win the war
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by unclejb2(m): 11:50am On Sep 05, 2014
tokunboh:

u are real smart.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:56am On Sep 05, 2014
there is silence from both camps, and nigerian media houses are so full of sh1t to even bother going to investigate themselves. so we are in the the dark about this one.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by MightyThor(m): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Demdem: As at last night since Monday, evil boko unfortunately. was in charge even though the Nigerian military is fighting tooth and nail to recover it.
If the govt was in charge, surely her journalists would Av showcased such on nta like they did in time past. Since Monday, no show despite claims and counter claims.
Demdem:

Demdem:

Unfortunately, Its a pity I don't share this optimism of urs. Bama has a solid military formation. Where were they when evil boko showed up?
Evil boko took Gwoza, and when we were trying to absorb this, those killers overrun Bama in less than 5 hours on Monday in a state that has been under emergency for so long. Bama is just some kilometres to maiduguri.
I love my country but on this issue, my fear is maiduguri is gone. I pray am proven wrong though.

This is a refreshing change from your pre-nairaland crash of using insults. kudos.
As per Bama i believe the fight is ongoing and yes i believe that the insurgents did take over maybe initially.
My reason are.
1. Given the huge media coverage of the episode the military would have promptly refuted claims especially those made by the senator, to restore civilian confidence in the military and save face. (or the military is play possum to lure the bandits into a false sense of security)
2. There was a report of an air-force jet bombing the barracks to prevent the insurgents taking the armory, that indicates that the barracks was overrun or about to be overrun. (bomb it was a good tactical maneuver by the way, b4 those boko guys get more hardware which i believe may have been part of their overall operational goal.)
3. Maiduguri is still filled with refugees who refuse to go back to Bama and gave a horrid account of the proceedings and the picture they painted was not pretty for the army.

However i believe the army will take over those locations back cos i don't think the bandits can hold these town for long. they will surly retreat if heavily attacked else they are wiped off completely. beside they will need to establish a visible resupply route to bama to be able to hold those points and the organizational, logistics and funding required will be huge and apparent for a competent special army unit or SSS to trace and discover their source.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
uzokingn: my brother I agree with u . they would ve shown the world their videos . To me the media is giving them cheap publicity. thank God the rate of bombing in our country have reduced.

Don't be deceived, from past evil incidences, evil boko videos have been coming late far after their heinous crimes.
For instance, it took weeks after. Nyanya bombings that evil boko video came out as regards the bombing.
Also, it took weeks after the chibok kidnap before evil boko came out to claim they av the girls.
This incident is still fresh, less than a week. From precedence, it's too early to see evil boko video as regards Bama.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
MightyThor:

This is a refreshing change from your pre-nairaland crash of using insults. kudos.
As per Bama i believe the fight is ongoing and yes i believe that the insurgents did take over maybe initially.
My reason are.
1. Given the huge media coverage of the episode the military would have promptly refuted claims especially those made by the senator, to restore civilian confidence in the military and save face. (or the military is play possum to lure the bandits into a false sense of security)
2. There was a report of an air-force jet bombing the barracks to prevent the insurgents taking the armory, that indicates that the barracks was overrun or about to be overrun. (bomb it was a good tactical maneuver by the way, b4 those boko guys get more hardware which i believe may have been part of their overall operational goal.)
3. Maiduguri is still filled with refugees who refuse to go back to Bama and gave a horrid account of the proceedings and the picture they painted was not pretty for the army.

However i believe the army will take over those locations back cos i don't think the bandits can hold these town for long. they will surly retreat if heavily attacked else they are wiped off completely. beside they will need to establish a visible resupply route to bama to be able to hold those points and the organizational, logistics and funding required will be huge and apparent for a competent special army unit or SSS to trace and discover their source.

In otherwords u agree that the govt has been economical with the truth so far? I also believe that the fight for bama is ongoing but just that evil boko is inside Bama while the military is outside bombing the town.

My only disagreement with u is ur take as regards ur doubts about them being able to hold on.
Don't underestimate these terrorists. There have been reports of kidnap of young men and small children. As they are fighting, it's obvious that they are also recruiting and swoaring in number. The longer this continues, the stronger they become, that is the bitter truth. The evil boko of last year is not what we are fighting today. They seems to be far better and organised than before and our military allowed this to happen right under their nose in a state that has been under emergency.
As days goes by, likewise my confidence in the Nigerian Military dwindles unfortunately .
By the way, demdem never initiates insults, he only respond in kind.
Re: Bama! Who Is In Charge? Army, The Media Or Boko Haram by uzokingn(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
pls any borno person pls we need live report. for some people saying none of their business. hmmmm I pity u. insurgency spread like wildfires .

(1) (Reply)

Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. / The APC Vs PDP Thing Worth It ? / 2015 General Election Detailed Time Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.