Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War (53733 Views)

Nigerian Troops Find Dead Bodies In A Well In Bama / Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes / Nigerian Air Force Helicopter Crashes In Bama, Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Sagamite(m): 7:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
WeNdigbo: Boko Haram: Jonathan declares full-scale
war ,deploys warplanes
on september 06, 2014 at 9:50 am in headlines
Facebook Share Twitter Share
By Kingsley Omonobi (With agency reports)
Nigerian warplanes are carrying out air strikes
against Boko Haram militant bases at Bama,
Borno State, a senior official said yesterday, in a
government counter-attack against Boko Haram’s
drive to create an Islamist enclave.
The official, who asked not to be named, told
Reuters Nigeria’s military was battling Boko
Haram fighters at Bama, 70 km (45 miles)
southeast of the Borno state capital Maiduguri.
Air strikes have been carried out “on all the Boko
Haram bases”, the official said, adding this
reflected President Goodluck Jonathan’s order for
a “fully-fledged war” against the group which has
waged a bloody insurgency since 2009.
“Bama today is the centre of the military battle
with the terrorists … Boko Haram is being repelled
by the Nigerian troops as we are talking now,” the
government official said, without giving details of
the operations or casualties.
The battle over Bama, and Boko Haram’s storming
of towns and villages to the north, east and south
of Maiduguri in recent weeks, has raised fears of
an attack on the Borno state capital, prompting
hundreds of civilians to flee.
“Even today, we can see so many people leaving
… the buses are going out plenty now,” Musa
Sumail, a human rights activist in Maiduguri who
reports on the violence in the northeast, told
Reuters. He said he had seen at least one or two
Nigerian government fighter jets in the skies
above Maiduguri.
We ‘ll do everything to defend our territorial
integrity –Defence Hqtr
Indeed, the Defence Headquarters said the
armed forces will do everything to defend the
nation’s sovereignty.
In a statement by Major General Chris Olukolade,
Director of Defence Information said, the armed
forces said: “DHQ wishes to reiterate the pledge
and commitment it made while briefing the Joint
Committee on Defence of the National Assembly
to the effect that everything will be done to
reverse the situation and defeat the rampaging
terrorists.
“While welcoming all the concerns shown by
Nigerians and a section of the international
community following the increased menace and
activities of terrorists, it is necessary to reassure
all that the Nigerian Armed Forces is more than
ever determined and committed to the defence
of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of
Nigeria, regardless of any odd.
“It is not only the pride and reputation of the
military that is at stake but that of the entire
nation. We therefore urge our citizens not to lose
hope or be disenchanted but to remain steadfast
and supportive of the military as all steps are
being taken to ensure the success of the counter-
insurgency operations, especially at this crucial
time when our sovereignty is being challenged.
“With this in mind, it is important to reiterate that
the Nigerian military is fully conscious of its
obligations to the Nigerian state and remains
willing and ready to perform its duties with
utmost diligence. Therefore, what the military
requires at this critical period in the nation’s
history is not pillories but continued support from
all stakeholders and comity of nations.
“Indeed, this is not the time to despair or shift
blames. Rather it calls for concerted effort by all
and sundry to stop the agents of darkness who
seek to destroy our country and civilization. On its
part, the Nigerian military as a fighting force,
assures Nigerians once again that this battle will
be won.”
Military ‘ve killed 1,200 insurgents –AVM
Marizu
Sharing this view, former Air Officer Commanding
Logistics Command of the Nigerian Airforce, Air
Vice Marshall Chris Marizu (rtd), yesterday,
cautioned politicians against utterances that were
capable of pitching the armed forces against the
citizens they were supposed to protect noting that
the military forces have killed 1200 Boko Haram
insurgents in the battle for Bama, Borno State.
He spoke in the light of the current challenges in
the counter-terrorism efforts in the North east
which has understandably elicited a sense of
apprehension among citizens and even foreign
allies, as
He made the disclosure just as the President of
Course 18 participants of the Nigeria Defence
Academy, Air Commodore Olufemi Agbetuyi
warned that it was high time the nation stopped
mixing politics with security issues.
Speaking at the 18th regular course re-union in
Abuja yesterday, AVM Marizu said, “People should
know that some persons who have done so much
for this country and the military institution cannot
just be rubbished on the altar of politics.
“Some unscrupulous citizens of this country are
using the advantages that they enjoy under
democracy to malign the military with innuendos
and statements without facts. All the things that
Mr. Davies said for instance, there was nothing in
it and no facts to buttress anything. The angle of
aircraft for instance, was Ihejirika the Chief of Air
Staff?
“It shows there are undemocratic elements
working in tandem with outsiders trying to
destroy this country. For instance, the last few
days, the media has been awash with reports that
Boko Haram has over-run Bama and taken over
the city whereas, the reverse is the case. We have
troops there and we are in touch on a daily basis”
“The truth is that as at Tuesday, our soldiers had
killed over 700 Boko Haram insurgents during the
battle. The following day, another 500 terrorists
were killed.
What is happening is not what is being reported in
the newspapers and sometimes I wonder if the
media are Nigerian media or what they seek to
gain by running our soldiers down” In his
contribution, Air Commodore Agbetuyi cautioned
politicians in the country against trying to bring
the name of the military into disrepute warning
that doing so will amount bringing down the
military. On allegation against General Azubuike
Ihejirika, he said, “Some political elites do not
understand what the man went through as COAS,
the sleepless nights, the sacrifices General
Ihejirika made for the country.
I recall how he was tackling the security challenge
in the country and some Nigerians who do not
understand or pretending not to, or some
enemies of Nigeria said the army was killing
people indiscriminately. The same people today
are saying he sponsors Boko Haram. Does it make
sense?”
SOURCE: ww.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-jonathan-declares-full-scale-war-deploys-warplanes/

GEJ for Life!

https://www.nairaland.com/1889856/confab-fg-sets-up-presidential/3#26079797

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by IYANGBALI: 7:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Na half scale him declare before?mtcheeeew
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Psylas(m): 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
If possible use chemical weapon!
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Acidosis(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
As usual, majority will comment without reading some important points.
For instance, the last few days, the media has been awash with reports that Boko Haram has over-run Bama and taken over the city whereas, the reverse is the case. We have troops there and we are in touch on a daily basis” “The truth is that as at Tuesday, our soldiers had killed over 700 Boko Haram insurgents during the battle. The following day, another 500 terrorists were killed.

To win the war against terrorism; the military needs to deal (severely) with all stu. pid journalists (and media houses); PDP sponsored or APC sponsored.

It is high time we realized the military alone cannot solve this issue. Boko Haram sympatizers (such as posters on page (0) should keep their idiocy in their pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by hansad: 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
To resist, humiliate or even bring down OBJ administration in 2000, north proclaimed sharia'a rule in north. Boko Haram followed and js fightimg for sharia'a-friendly country. North brought this calamity to ittself. Go home Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Bini, etc. From north. North has finished itself. All some northern leaders now want is Aso Rock to proclaim Nigeria an Islamic country. Guess why a whole Nigerian Army have been unsuccessful to drive off Boko Haram. Insider sabotage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by arsetalks(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
eleojo23: Enemies from within have made this war rather tough.
Efforts against these insurgents has suffered a lot of sabotage by sympathizers/sponsors in that region.
To take care of the leaves we need to cut down the tree from its roots.
Enemy within? If I employ someone and he is sabotaging me, I will boot him out. There is intelligence gathering for a reason.
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Alubosa: 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
I took my time to read through all the posts looking for all these APC e-Ninjas and internet warriors.....abeg wey dem?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hmmmm... I hope its 4 real....
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Slickest(m): 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
I taya 2 read abeg...e 2 long...no proof!!!!
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by BabaO2: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
adamskutty: wow! this is good news, they should have done this earlier
No, they dont want OBJ's solution b4, now it's dawn on them, OBJ is courted, solution is applied. President in training
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by weazzy(m): 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
its nw our president knows its time to wage war smh
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by SBG: 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
This is what we have been expecting for long. If this is true then I drop my cap for the Nigerian Army. May God grant you total victory. Go on Nigeria Army in this thy might! Kill them. Make sure no survivor is left behind. Nigerians are behind you.
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by oneeast: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
The military should apply the use of Biological weapons on the north.. cool
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Faun(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
Yes! I love this!
Death to ALL Northerners! grin
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by UnknownT: 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Make dem extend the war enter Sambisa forest! Make e no end for Bama n Gwoza! May the God be with our Gallant Men
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
no evidence??just empty words??...make una get out jor...i no need super story abeg....i don big pas dat stage....
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Tundeiab(m): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
Hero10001: 1200 BH dead?? And how many died from the NA's camp?
This a wrong report emanating from wrong FG officials.
BOKO SYMPATHIZER...
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by pider(m): 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Abeg hu dey count d corpses?
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by moyems(m): 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
No pictures, no proof. Our government lies about this whole boko issues
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Stevosty: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
I hope this is true, better late than never. Thumbs up for the Nigerian military. But the chibok girls eh?
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by authority2006(m): 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
atlwireles: There will be thousands dying across Northeastern Nigeria in the next couple of weeks. The only good news is most will be boko haram or north easterners supporting boko haram. It never had to come to this. The armed forces are now determined to make Odi look like a child's play. God bless the Nigerian army and my condolences to the Northerners that will be killed like rats in the next weeks. Remember you brought this unto yourselves.
If you don't have sensible thing to say, just they read they go. Your posts reek of tribalism rather than nationalism. Kid, grow up.
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by SUGARSON(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
atlwireles: There will be thousands dying across Northeastern Nigeria in the next couple of weeks. The only good news is most will be boko haram or north easterners supporting boko haram. It never had to come to this. The armed forces are now determined to make Odi look like a child's play. God bless the Nigerian army and my condolences to the Northerners that will be killed like rats in the next weeks. Remember you brought this unto yourselves.

NO BE SMALL THING!
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by atlwireles: 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
authority2006: If you don't have sensible thing to say, just they read they go. Your posts reek of tribalism rather than nationalism. Kid, grow up.

Sorry, Mr, you have been a strong supporter of boko haram on several threads on this forum., why are you pissed now? The Nigerian army is now ready to bomb and burn down every town in the Northeast where boko haram finds support, this, should make you happy not angry.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by youngguru23(m): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by abrahamind(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2014
My concern is that why are they killing the northerners.Are they not their ppl
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by atlwireles: 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
obayaya:

I feel so too!!! But unlike Odi, BH and North East had 2 years to to resolve this. Odi wasn't given up to a month.

I hope they remember this.

I agree, the army has tried and above all the political leadership in the country has tried to avoid an all out war. Instead boko haram and their media supporters thought they had the upper hand. Let's have a taste of unhinged Nigerian army assault. In words of Adekunle, shoot and kill every moving thing. Let me see, who the cowards truly are.
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by olapluto(m): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
atlwireles:

Sorry, Mr, you have been a strong supporter of boko haram on several threads on this forum., why are you pissed now? The Nigerian army is now ready to bomb and burn down every town in the Northeast where boko haram finds support, should make you happy not angry.
Childish comment. Everyone is now a boko haram supporter. You probably have never been to NE before.
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by atlwireles: 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
olapluto:
Childish comment. Everyone is now a boko haram supporter. You probably have never been to NE before.

You are not hard to spot out. Army children school Maiduguri, probably before you were born. back then it was actually called Northeast and not Borno state.
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by ballackthetruth: 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
Were re the pictures of those boko haram dead bodies.
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by ojtech8291: 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
Immediately I heard obj paid a visit to gej, I knew something must surely happen against this insurgence. Thank God!!!
Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by LordRahl001: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
datguru: How are we sure they are terrorists
if u had doubted d figure, it wuld av been fine, if it had been d news itself, wuld av been great!! Xome moment ago u were shouting inactivity, now its whether they r killing d terrorists or innocent youths right!!! Nice reasoning bro!! Keep it up!!!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
When the Americans or other nations r fighting you see evidence in their media. First of all, all the stupid news agent Vanguardngr, Punchng, Thisdaylive and the rest said Sahararepoters are casting wrong news that boko haram didn't seize Bama. Then why are our soldiers fighting to reclaim Bama? Infact am beginning to bliv all the report given by Saharareporters than any oda news media. Bloody liars! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EndSARS protests: Police Assist Protesters With Their Vehicles / Tony Kabaka Buys 2 Lions For Security In Edo / What A Military Man Did To A Danfo Driver Today In Apapa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.