Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death (1264 Views)

Mysterious Death Of Soldier Leads Family To Suspect Military Cover-up / Eze Uche Dimgba Asks Igbos In Lagos To Vote For APC / Check Out Photos Of Ex Abia Governor, Orji Uzor Kalu Living In Opulence! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by ocular007(m): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor fingers over Dimgba Igwe's mysterious death

Dimgba Igwe a renowned Journalist and one of the pioneer Editors of the Sun Newspaper is dead.

Dimgba Igwe we learnt was killed by a hit and run car in what appears to be an assassination while jogging this morning around his residence in Okota area of lagos where he lives.

The Newspaper columnist who worked with defunct Concord and later became the pioneer Editor of the Sun Newspapers with Mike Awoyinfa was sacked by Orji Uzor kalu few years ago over his stand against Kalu's interference in the paper.

Mr Igwe and Awoyinfa floated a paper that didn't survive as kalu pleaded with him to come back. Igwe who is from Igbere accepted partially to maintain his column, he was later made the Vice chairman editorial board of the Sun but that did not change his principle as he continued to challenge Kalu's unprofessional style of running the Sun Newspapers

We gathered that Mr. Dimgba Igwe who is popular with the entire work force has become a thorn In Ouks flesh as he confronted the publisher over the 8 months salary he is owing them. A staff of the SUN told us that Dimgba had a shouting match with kalu few days ago on the salary issue. Igwe told kalu to bury his face in shame as he can't pay them. It was learnt that kalu who was visibly shaken swore to deal with Igwe.

However, according to an insider report, accusing fingers are being pointed at kalu for Igwe's mysterious death. As at the time of writing this report, some SUN NEWSPAPERS Staff have deserted the Kirikiri area office of the Sun Newspapers.

The Publisher of the SUN, Kalu yet to visit the family, he is said to have been in Lagos. Every phone contact made to get him to comment on the death of Mr. Dimgba were unsuccessful.

RIP Oga Dimgba but your killers will not hide forever

Re: Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by doctokwus: 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
This moniker must b same as patrikobi,obinhale etc.U write poorly,always making weird allegations about orji uzor and any member of his family.Are u actually being paid for dis horrendous job u are doing bc I don't see how any sane person wud b paying u for all ur poor trash.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by tiswell(m): 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
RIP dimgba igwe,ur legacy lives on!
Re: Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by philantoxx(m): 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
strong allegations,or could be mere coincidence.
Re: Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by psucc(m): 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
But from other sources the same OUK had made comments on Dimgba's demise.

This is not time to joke about this 'golden pen'.
Re: Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by abu12: 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
OUK is broke
Re: Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by Collynzo16: 9:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
I said it earlier that the number one suspect is the absolutely useless governor of Abia state T.A. Orji. Now he has sent his boys to accuse OUK all over the internet in order to divert attention from him.
T.A Orji killed that man and he will not go scot free.
Re: Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by 9jii(m): 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
I like his column(side view).

Re: Breaking News: Ex Abia Governor Fingers Over Dimgba Igwe's Mysterious Death by Collynzo16: 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
Articles like the one below have made the Sun a fierce critic of the useless T.A. Orji and he hasn't failed to express his dislike for the newspaper. Immediately I heard of their Vice chairman's murder the first suspect that came to my mind was T.A. Orji. Now that he has sent his boys like the OP to divert attention by accusing someone else, I have no doubt in my mind that he knows somehing about the death of that editor.

(1) (Reply)

Am Back#victoryfornigeriaarmy / 2015: I Can Replicate Kano Success Story For Nigeria — Kwankwaso / Sent By GOD (OCHENDO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.