Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating (20161 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Kog45(m): 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
phreakabit: Nazi should stop learn his role and stop being "A David Luiz" In the midfield. He wants to play DM/CM and AM all by himself. I agree he is one hell of a hard worker, but when he moves up the field he chokes Mikel and Azeez makinh them move out of place. Mikel is a better passer he should leave the cm role to him, and also allow Azeez some space, so he can move. He tends to be overly zealous a times as evident in the penalty he caused.
What a great analysis.D major problem in super eagle is Onazi and d team will continue to struggle with Onazi style of play.He should go back to Onazi of Afcon glory tha protect his defence that enabled Mikel and Mba to do the passing and goal scoring.Today's match clearly show that Onazi always choked the midfield to the extent that other midfielders find it so difficult to express themselves on the field of play and this always led to lack of cohesion in the team.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by jacabi(m): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
na fear of ebola and boko haram cause am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by litetias(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
I think you have to take into account the fact that due to the small size of the pitch the congolese were better able to deny the eagles space to create goal scoring chances. A bigger pitch like the one at Abuja would have allowed the eagles the space to show the flair that they possess and allow a pacy winger like Musa to put defenders on the run. Also the congolese would have had more ground to cover and would have tired early as a result. The choice of that compact stadium fit perfectly into the congolese game plan of frustrating the eagles.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by mbhs139(m): 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
doctokwus: U rated oduamadi higher than obi;pls.That guy shd not evn make d U-17 team(2/10).
D problm mikel has is d wt of expectation based on his club level.He had a poor game,but he was mobile and covered in d defence in d first half(3.5/10)
Everytime Ejike mounts d goalpost,no matter d nature of match,u get d impression dat guy is being paid by those asian betting syndicates.He is so suspicious in his moves,even wen he doesn't seem to be @fault(3/10).
5/10 for ahmed musa?D only significant play he made was d freekick dat led to d 1st goal.He cudnt control a well laid pass by omeruo and his other play was all round lousy 3/10
For dat nosa igiebor,his rating is for another day.
All others average 3/10

I thought as much too...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by san316(m): 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
I thought calabar was the Eagle's slaughter house? I thought slOwbi Mikel has been fired? I thought they've added Oshoala to the SE squad so as to show them how to score? Lallai kam.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by hardeyswaggz: 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
@OP, U DIDN'T RATE THAT USELESS COMMENTATOR, 0/100. WATCHING THE SUPER EAGLES TRAIL ISN'T JUST FRUSTRATING AS WATCHING UNDER A SENTIMENTAL. FRUSTRATED NIGERIAN COMMENTATOR...HIAN!!! THAT GUY IS PATHETIC.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by hardeyswaggz: 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
TWAS TOO FAST TRYNA BRING BACK WHAT WE HAD BEFORE WORLD CUP. AND AGAIN I FELT THE ERA OF LOBING THE BALL FROM DEFENCE TO ATTACK HAD STOPPED WITH THE FRANCE GAME.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by hardeyswaggz: 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
AND AGAIN WE CANNOT PUT ASIDE WHAT NFF IS GOING THROUGH AS REGARDS THE ELECTION AND FIFA BAN AT THIS MOMENT, I SAW THIS COMING BUT DEFINITELY NOT WITH CONGO.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Tobilastik(m): 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
the game was boring dht I didn't know when I slept off wen d match was 1-1 only to wake up nd see 1-3 ....it was a real 4q up
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Segadem(m): 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
LAST BULLET : You win some, you lose some. I'm
not so embittered. In any case, SE's usual wives,
Bafana Bafana, go hear wien on Wednesday
don't b overconfident about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by JEITO: 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
Black belle o!!!!

Why will you rate Mikel 2 with all the performance he put in angry

Oboabona should get zero.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
phreakabit: Onazi should stop learn his role and stop being "A David Luiz" In the midfield. He wants to play DM/CM and AM all by himself. I agree he is one hell of a hard worker, but when he moves up the field he chokes Mikel and Azeez makinh them move out of place. Mikel is a better passer he should leave the cm role to him, and also allow Azeez some space, so he can move. He tends to be overly zealous a times as evident in the penalty he caused.
Thank you. Mikel gets all the sticks but as Arsene Wenger pointed out—The Super Eagles problem is indiscipline.

Many did not understand Coach Arsene Wenger then. Onazi does not play his role and causes the team to be imbalanced.

Mikel needs a defensive midfielder who would protect the back four. As long as Onazi continues this his Yaya Toure football, forgetting Yaya Toure had Fernandinho and Javi Garcia protecting the back four, our pre-World Cup/World Cup form will continue.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by PapiShigo1: 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
it was a litu bit painful

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
Kog45: What a great analysis.D major problem in super eagle is Onazi and d team will continue to struggle with Onazi style of play.He should go back to Onazi of Afcon glory tha protect his defence that enabled Mikel and Mba to do the passing and goal scoring.Today's match clearly show that Onazi always choked the midfield to the extent that other midfielders find it so difficult to express themselves on the field of play and this always led to lack of cohesion in the team.
That was what Mikel was complaining about in the friendly match against USA that many criticized him for telling Onazi to chase the ball.

Mikel was pointing to Onazi that he had left his position and causing lack of cohesion.

Mikel Agu of FC Porto should be given a call up. He plays that role and is about to break into the Porto team. Onazi needs a top competition to remind him of his role.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by obiseq: 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
mummyson26: But to say d fact dat referee and d pitch also contributed to our loss, but wait oo must s/p play in calabar ni abi we no get another better pitch for naija again?
stop deceiving urself. dat is naija pitch no be congolese pitch oo. a lazy man always blames his tools. is it not d same bad pitch a visitor beat ur team. if congo beat ur team in their country den u say it is bad pitch+weather+ referee+caf+fifa etc dat gave dem victory. smh for SE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by donem: 11:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
ednut1: bad day for betting hahaha
Truth.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Booty4me: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
after the match, news headlines be like:

-Keshi blames omueru for not playing to
instructions.

-Eminike still obsess about his land dispute
-mikel blames the snail he ate last night for his
lackadaisical stamina.

- musa afraid to make contacts with Congolese
defenders for fear of Ebola
-efe ambrose blames the unfavorable weather.
- ejede denies match fixing.

-echejile blames NFF for bad turf.

-nairalanders blames enyema for not obliging to
keshi's invitation.

-nairalander FP be like :should keshi be sacked?

- angry Nigerians be like "no winning, no #15m
wages for keshi.

-patriotic Nigerians be like "we need prayer in the
NFF.

-nairalander , jarus, be like, ratings : mikel 2.3,
ejede 1.5, musa 0.9.....etc
-great northerners be like : calabar is not the
slaughter house.

happy lagosians be like: this poo can't happen in
Lagos. wey them wan pass go house?

-illustrious easterners be like : this is what you get
when you lie on ike uche's head.

nairaland politics sec be like: APC at work

south southerners be like :loss or win , GEJ till

oya make una add una own

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by kris(m): 11:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
litetias: I think you have to take into account the fact that due to the small size of the pitch the congolese were better able to deny the eagles space to create goal scoring chances. A bigger pitch like the one at Abuja would have allowed the eagles the space to show the flair that they possess and allow a pacy winger like Musa to put defenders on the run. Also the congolese would have had more ground to cover and would have tired early as a result. The choice of that compact stadium fit perfectly into the congolese game plan of frustrating the eagles.

I'm pretty sure that the pitch is the same size. The stadium might be small, but the actual pitch has to be the same official size.

Also na una pick pitch, no be Congo pick am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by nedz(m): 11:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
Advertise your products free and more!...register with us today
http://naibac.com/register_page.php?source=referred&referer=Versatility
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
kris:

I'm pretty sure that the pitame size. The stadium might be small, but the actual pitch has to be the same official size.

[b]1. Manchester City, City of Manchester Stadium, 116 x 77 yards,
2. Manchester United, Old Trafford, 116 x 76 yards,
3. Blackburn Rovers, Ewood Park, 115 x 76 yards,
4. Everton, Goodison Park, 112 x 78 yards,
5. Aston Villa, Villa Park, 114 x 75 yards,
6. Middlesbrough, Riverside, 114 x 75 yards,
7. Arsenal, Emirates Stadium, 114 x 74 yards,
8. Derby County, Pride Park, 114 x 74 yards,
9. Reading, Madjeski Stadium, 111 x 76 yards,
10. Sunderland, Stadium of Light, 114 x 74 yards,
11. Wigan Athletic, JJB Stadium, 114 x 74 yards,
12. Portsmouth, Fratton Park, 115 x 73 yards,
13. Chelsea, Stamford Bridge, 110 x 75 yards,
14. Fulham, Craven Cottage, 110 x 75 yards,
15. Liverpool, Anfield, 110 x 75 yards,
16. Birmingham City, St. Andrews, 110 x 74 yards,
17. Newcastle United, St. James’s Park, 110 x 73 yards,
18. Tottenham Hotspur, White Hart Lane, 110 x 73 yards,
19. Bolton Wanderers, Reebok Stadium, 110 x 72 yards,
20. West Ham United, Boleyn Ground, 110 x 70 yards,

Pitches have different sizes/dimensions. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by ola20ng(m): 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Our players are not that bad individually. Any decent coach,local or foreign, can get the best out of these players. Anybody,even with minimal knowledge of the modern football, will not deny the ineptitude of our coaching staff.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Spiff20(m): 12:01am On Sep 07, 2014
I read it here on nairaland that d super eagles have neva lost a game in calabar before and that calabar stadium is there slaughter house. Guess that record has been broken. Quite unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by litetias(m): 12:09am On Sep 07, 2014
kris:

I'm pretty sure that the pitch is the same size. The stadium might be small, but the actual pitch has to be the same official size.

The pitch really did look small

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 07, 2014
Wolison: ....and how would this bring back my hard earned N3,000.00 that I bet on their head;ego mu weree sii etua wee gwue mmiri!...#sob#
tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by akolat(m): 1:09am On Sep 07, 2014
it wasn't an impressive performance from the eagles. All 3 points needed against south africa on wednesday

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by MissTeaseMe(f): 2:31am On Sep 07, 2014
arnold75: Nigerians enjoy victory by chance or fluke, keshi has never impressed me. Cracks when he faces good oppositions, being saved all these while by sheer brilliance of individual players and he had been taking the glory. Now the players whose brilliance gave him a good name iddnt come to party today. What was keshi's pattern today? What wad his formation? What was his plan b, smh he needs to upgrade his tactics as we might face more humilations in the hands of SA. A 38 yrs old record broken today i hope we have not become man utd in the hands of moyes.
This is what i have always told those who praise keshi. I just dont see the tactics behind his game, there is just no plan. It is as if he just tell the players to get on the field and just do what ever the feel right individually.
People shld just stop hyping this man, even his player selection is always poor, always have grudges with the best players. Mtchew, abeg i cannot go and come and kill myself on top super pigeons jare.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by texaco1: 2:43am On Sep 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: [b]1. Manchester City, City of Manchester Stadium, 116 x 77 yards,
2. Manchester United, Old Trafford, 116 x 76 yards,
3. Blackburn Rovers, Ewood Park, 115 x 76 yards,
4. Everton, Goodison Park, 112 x 78 yards,
5. Aston Villa, Villa Park, 114 x 75 yards,
6. Middlesbrough, Riverside, 114 x 75 yards,
7. Arsenal, Emirates Stadium, 114 x 74 yards,
8. Derby County, Pride Park, 114 x 74 yards,
9. Reading, Madjeski Stadium, 111 x 76 yards,
10. Sunderland, Stadium of Light, 114 x 74 yards,
11. Wigan Athletic, JJB Stadium, 114 x 74 yards,
12. Portsmouth, Fratton Park, 115 x 73 yards,
13. Chelsea, Stamford Bridge, 110 x 75 yards,
14. Fulham, Craven Cottage, 110 x 75 yards,
15. Liverpool, Anfield, 110 x 75 yards,
16. Birmingham City, St. Andrews, 110 x 74 yards,
17. Newcastle United, St. James’s Park, 110 x 73 yards,
18. Tottenham Hotspur, White Hart Lane, 110 x 73 yards,
19. Bolton Wanderers, Reebok Stadium, 110 x 72 yards,
20. West Ham United, Boleyn Ground, 110 x 70 yards,

Pitches have different sizes/dimensions. [/b]
I quiet agree with u that there maybe very very small variations in size but there is a standard fifa size and measurement for football feilds. And before any pitch can be allowed to host a caf or fifa match this standard measurement must be met.going through the different measurements pointed out,those differences can't be blamed for a team loss because even players or team playing on it wouldn't notice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:46am On Sep 07, 2014
texaco1: I quiet agree with u that there maybe very very small variations in size but there is a standard fifa size and measurement for football feilds. And before any pitch can be allowed to host a caf or fifa match this standard measurement must be met.going through the different measurements pointed out,those differences can't be blamed for a team loss because even players or team playing on it wouldn't notice.
No standard size but maximum and minimum dimensions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:52am On Sep 07, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
This is what i have always told those who praise keshi. I just dont see the tactics behind his game, there is just no plan. It is as if he just tell the players to get on the field and just do what ever the feel right individually.
People shld just stop hyping this man, even his player selection is always poor, always have grudges with the best players. Mtchew, abeg i cannot go and come and kill myself on top super pigeons jare.
If the coach just says play, how did they train to play a high line defence?

In tournaments, we improve as the tournament goes on under Coach Keshi, do you think it is just go and play?

In the Nations Cup, we played a formation that had the strikers, Ideye and Emenike go wide to play as wingers, stretching the marking defenders wide to follow the attackers, creating room for Mba to penetrate from the midfield and score.

Please there are lots of technicalities to Coach Keshi's game. It just takes time to gel.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo: Player Rating by texaco1: 2:54am On Sep 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: No standard size but maximum and minimum dimensions.
we are both saying the same thing . I can remember during my pe classes in secondary school ,we were taught the measurement of pitches for each sport and told it could be eg. 2m but not exceeding 2.7m.this is just an example . Why I am taking time to stress this is because some people may believe that some sttadiums have huge pitches due to the way they maybe seeing it on tv

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIBA Throws D’tigress Out Of 2022 World Cup After Fg’s Withdrawal / Mikel Obi: 'I Have Beaten Messi At Club Level, I Hope To Do It Again Today’ / Let's Kill The Bookie As I Would Be Dropping My Daily Guaranteed Tips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.