Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,600 members, 7,958,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:04 AM

Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment (12229 Views)

Nigerian Volunteers To Sierra Leone, Liberia Locked Up In Hotel Over Unpaid Bill / Lagos Ebola Volunteers Demand Unpaid Allowances / I Propose We Make A Cure For Ebola. Volunteers Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by Chaleeee: 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
DrLuv:
Lol.bro they are well paiddddddd.when i mean well päid i mean to say well päid

Who were well paid??

Doctors without borders or the ones on missionary humanitarian service?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by billyG(m): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
If them no pay una make una rub Ebola shit 4 dia mouth.currupt pple.
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by adconline(m): 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
Chaleeee: Did they not "volunteer"? Nigerians and money eeh!
Folks who have never given a hungry person chinchin for free always expect others to lay down their lives for free.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by Chaleeee: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
adconline:
Folks who have never given a hungry person chinchin for free always expect others to lay down their lives for free.

I didn't ask them to lay down their lives!! They slept, woke up and say "I want to volunteer"! They shd keep it at that....
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by adconline(m): 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
Chaleeee:

I didn't ask them to lay down their lives!! They slept, woke up and say "I want to volunteer"! They shd keep it at that....
U have no idea what volunteer means in emergency. Naija military is a volunteer force, does it mean that the govt should owe them? Isrea has conscript force- all citizens over 18 yrs must serve
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by phreakabit(m): 10:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
This story is true oh! The helpline is not working and the webchat is gone too. . . I just checked for confirmation! My goodness can you imagine?
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by Chaleeee: 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
adconline:
U have no idea what volunteer means in emergency. Naija military is a volunteer force, does it mean that the govt should owe them? Isrea has conscript force- all citizens over 18 yrs must serve

Stop exposing the shallowness of your intellect on the world wide web. Naija military is not a voluntary employment. They applied, passed thru training and are paid monthly. Even when they go for peace keeping, they are paid allowances.

How does "conscript" equate "volunteering"?
Abeg no quote me again. You are all length and no depth
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by adconline(m): 12:37am On Sep 08, 2014
Chaleeee:

Stop exposing the shallowness of your intellect on the world wide web. Naija military is not a voluntary employment. They applied, passed thru training and are paid monthly. Even when they go for peace keeping, they are paid allowances.

How does "conscript" equate "volunteering"?
Abeg no quote me again. You are all length and no depth
You lack logical reasoning to grasp the meaning of " volunteer" from " conscript" force. US just like Naija runs all volunteer force.. The fact that's a volunteer force does not mean no pay.. It means you elect to serve in spite of the difficulty but not without pay. Doctors who work for UNHCR, WHO, Doctors Without Borders get paid. Keep exposing your ignorance on full HD!
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by alkonami(m): 6:57am On Sep 08, 2014
adconline:
You lack logical reasoning to grasp the meaning of " volunteer" from " conscript" force. US just like Naija runs all volunteer force.. The fact that's a volunteer force does not mean no pay.. It means you elect to serve in spite of the difficulty but not without pay. Doctors who work for UNHCR, WHO, Doctors Without Borders get paid. Keep exposing your ignorance on full HD!
Don't waste your mb replying that dude. Many guys have tried enlightening him, but he prefers been a dolt

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by obailala(m): 9:46am On Sep 08, 2014
ceaser: It's unimaginable. But I think Nigerians have had to much exposure to too much irregularities from successive terrible government for far too long. This has brought about mutation in ideologies and outlook to life in a way that a normal occurrence is viewed and analysed as abnormal, sanity viewed as insanity, honesty viewed as stupidity and wrongly recompensed as such while dishonesty is viewed as smartness.

How else do you explain people blaming these workers and supporting the government that has reneged on their agreement? The other time, some peeps in this forum hurled abuses on Nigerian students on scholarship to Russia who has been abandoned by the government for almost a year. Some even went as far as blaming their parents for not being able to afford the "paltry" $350 (=N=60,000) given to their wards as part of the scholarship package and depending on the government instead.

Such warped thinking is nothing in the league of Stockholm's syndrome. It's much severe and can only be explained as a form of ideological mutation of some sort, resulting from exposure to massive doses of some toxic environmental and social variables.
You couldn't have said it better... You have just given a perfect diagnosis of the prevalent ideological malady in our society... Not too long ago, Keshi cried out that he hasn't been paid his salary for about 6 months and instead of querying the NFF, a lot of people on this forum actually castigated Keshi for being greedy undecided
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by kleenUch: 10:42am On Sep 08, 2014
Agreementii is agreementii oooo (2X). E don reach for settlement you come dey do them nonesense. Agreementii is agreementii ooo! FG why withheld their Pay when you know too well that you can't even lay ur own life for ur afflicted citizen. Pay our patrotic volunteers that v placed their lives on the line.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
chaii!!!so after risking there dear lives,they're idiocentric ryt?A consensual agreement has already been reached so Wat's d hullabaloo all about?make FG pay 'em jawe!!!
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
ehn ehn?
Re: Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment by spikerose: 2:38am On Sep 12, 2014
lomaxx: I need to check my dictionary for the meaning of "volunteer" again. Maybe the definition has changed.
walie talie
i swear!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#StopNMA20kBuildingLevy: Doctors Protest Over NMA 20K Building Levy On Twitter / COVID-19: Enugu State Releases Phones Numbers To Call / Nigeria Ranked Among TOP 5 Countries That Defecate In The Open – UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.