Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,553 members, 7,955,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:40 PM

Conversion Of HND To Bsc - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Conversion Of HND To Bsc (34482 Views)

How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step / Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc / Hnd Holders, Universities With Hnd To Bsc Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by mkoabiola: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hw much is d fee at bells university and caleb
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by olukjamps(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2017
please can i know how this program is being run in BELLS
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by 247humble: 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2018
M
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by jojogirlx: 10:34am On Feb 15, 2018
Its a 2years programme. And lectures and exam are on weekends.
olukjamps:
please can i know how this program is being run in BELLS
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by jojogirlx: 10:36am On Feb 15, 2018
I know that they hav commenced the new session and lectures nd dey did matriculation about 2weeks ago. I dont know much as to if they are still adnitting. Check their website though.
247humble:

Please can I communicate with you urgently or any student here from Bell University?

I need to know if the admission is on now and if I can switch from Chemical Eng. to Electrical and Electronics Eng. because I'm already practicing Process Automation/systems Integration, I need Elect/Elect Background.

Thanks in advance
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by folajoy09(f): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2018
Visman:
i am an HND holder and presently working as a teller in one of the commercial banks,brothers,what i am facing as a teller is not what i would wish my enemy,discrimination of the highest order,as an hnd holder,you are pegged on the same salary as ond holder,and you have no choice but to feel inferior to your Bsc graduate colleagues whose monthly salary is 5times what you earn,and who has a career path.Recently,a friend of mine told me about a university;Salem university lokoja to be precise where hnd can be converted to bsc,a 2yrs programme of 6semeters,please brothers if this is true,i will be very much interested and if there are any other university where hnd can b converted to bsc kindly intimate me and how the programme is being run,thank you..

Why worry yourself traveling that far. Crawford University, is doing it and at affordable rate too. Crawford University is located at Igbesa, Ogun State very close to Agbara Estate.

1 Like

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by EngtTemmy(m): 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
Visman:
i am an HND holder and presently working as a teller in one of the commercial banks,brothers,what i am facing as a teller is not what i would wish my enemy,discrimination of the highest order,as an hnd holder,you are pegged on the same salary as ond holder,and you have no choice but to feel inferior to your Bsc graduate colleagues whose monthly salary is 5times what you earn,and who has a career path.Recently,a friend of mine told me about a university;Salem university lokoja to be precise where hnd can be converted to bsc,a 2yrs programme of 6semeters,please brothers if this is true,i will be very much interested and if there are any other university where hnd can b converted to bsc kindly intimate me and how the programme is being run,thank you..

Try Kwara state University, they are offering conversion programme
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by cmoney22222: 7:19pm On Feb 15, 2018
grin
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by dentrice: 9:49pm On Feb 16, 2018
Check LAUTECH ODL( open and distance learning). It is very fast and not affected by the strike. The program just started with just 4 courses( computer science, Accounting, marketing and nursing). The tuition fees IAS 100k and can paid twice. The program is for 2 years excluding nursing which is 3yrs. They are currently selling forms now. Textbooks are provided and E- tutors lecture you online using the learning management system (LMS) and you go to school for two weeks for face to face lectures and examinations. Hope this helps, you will be glad and grate full to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by annibro(f): 10:49pm On May 06, 2018
Visman:
thanks bro for the info but i live in the north,kaduna to be precise,i will prefare a university in the northern part that run the programme

Please did u get where to do the conversion stuff?
I also stay in KD and am interested in a school close by
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Ossaifamous(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2018
say9ng:

Caleb university ( four semesters) HND to bsc.
Eksu (four semesters) .HND to bsc
I was doing the 1 at Ajayi cowther University but could not continue due to the fact that it was conflicting with my daily schedules as we travel to oyo and use normal week days to write exams.
I will like another chance pls who has information on this caleb university
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Ossaifamous(m): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
folajoy09:

Why worry yourself traveling that far. Crawford University, is doing it and at affordable rate too. Crawford University is located at Igbesa, Ogun State very close to Agbara Estate.
please tell me much about this crawford, do you have a number for whatsapp... pls
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Linzo(m): 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
Visman:
My little piece, do not go to two years university B.sc program been offer in some private university if you actually want to progress in your career, it a rule in Nigeria academic system that for any one to be awarded a B.sc he or she must study for at least 3 academic sessions or full-time 6 semesters. Have you seen anybody that top up the 2 year B.sc in Salem university that ever progress in career wise even in your bank? No!!
Please note this, with the 2 years top up program you cannot use it for master program both in Nigeria and abroad. My advice get DE and be admitted into 200level. Also note this! No public university in Nigeria admit students into 300 level for 4yrs course. For 5yrs course you will be admitted into 300 level and 200_level for 4yrs course with your HND.

1 Like

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Ossaifamous(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2018
Linzo:

My little piece, do not go to two years university B.sc program been offer in some private university if you actually want to progress in your career, it a rule in Nigeria academic system that for any one to be awarded a B.sc he or she must study for at least 3 academic sessions or full-time 6 semesters. Have you seen anybody that top up the 2 year B.sc in Salem university that ever progress in career wise even in your bank? No!!
Please note this, with the 2 years top up program you cannot use it for master program both in Nigeria and abroad. My advice get DE and be admitted into 200level. Also note this! No public university in Nigeria admit students into 300 level for 4yrs course. For 5yrs course you will be admitted into 300 level and 200_level for 4yrs course with your HND.
National Open is the answer then, to think that I rejected going to that school for a full time experience
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by pmax(m): 2:34am On Aug 07, 2018
Linzo:

With due respect this is not true. You can only kick start from 200L in a public school when ur are applying with OND. HND starts with 300L be it a 4 or 5 year course.

2 Likes

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by flass: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2018
pmax:

With due respect this is not true. You can only kick start from 200L in a public school when ur are applying with OND. HND starts with 300L be it a 4 or 5 year course.
I don't think there's any public uni dt will admit HND to 300L 4 a 4yrs course. I also started from 200L even with upper credit at HND level
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by xcelentattitude(m): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2018
By now, if the OP is a serious fellow, he must have gotten his BSc because this post is dated September 2014.
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Dclique(m): 11:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
IMPOSSIBLE
You are wrong. it is very possible.
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by fishguide(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Reach out for you research work.

No Plagiarism plus In-depth research analysis

contact in my BIO

1 Like

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by DorcasShalom: 6:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
flass:
I don't think there's any public uni dt will admit HND to 300L 4 a 4yrs course. I also started from 200L even with upper credit at HND level

There are....kwasu, bells, delsu, jabu, etc
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Maurista(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2019
Pls house, I want to know the chances of getting admitted into a public university with a private conversion Bsc in Nigeria?? Urgent response pls
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by africanman85: 10:40am On Jul 02, 2019
Maurista:
Pls house, I want to know the chances of getting admitted into a public university with a private conversion Bsc in Nigeria?? Urgent response pls
Wch uni did u do d conversion ?
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by iamleumas: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2019
Please which university is the best to run this conversion course. NB: I prefer varsities in the South West
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Papacypaul(m): 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
iamleumas:
Please which university is the best to run this conversion course.
NB: I prefer varsities in the South West
Kwasu runs topup programme
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by scofield2016: 6:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
Convert an HND into a BSc (4-Semester) Programme

The minimum entry requirements for admission into the Upgrade Programme at Southwestern University are:

A Higher National Diploma obtained at an accredited Polytechnic,
National Youth Service Corps. (Discharged / Exclusion / Exemption Certificate as the case may be),
A PASS GRADE in a written test to be taken before admission into the Programme.
AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
Courses available for the Upgrade Programme are as follows with a duration of (made up of 4 Semesters) are:

Computer Science
Accountancy
Business Administration and Management
Mass Communication
Microbiology
Biochemistry

https://southwesternuniversity.edu.ng/convert-an-hnd-into-a-bsc-4-semester-programme/

University Address
Southwestern University Nigeria
KM 20 Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Okun-Owa,
Ogun State Nigeria.

Lagos Liaison Office
4 Olaide Tomori Street, Off Simbiat Abiola Way, Ikeja, Lagos State.

To call : 08020860298, 08055477000
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by greatestman(m): 6:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Linzo:

Speak what you know. Many are about to finishing their masters with Degree from this Programme. Many PhD holders are trooping in their numbers.

Six semesters in 2 years is same with Six Semester in 3 years. Just the former is tasking. And the programme is accredited by NUC.

5 Likes

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Adeboye4421(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
hello beautiful minds, which is better of this two programmes

HND direct entry into university of full time programme
HND Top Up/Conversion of part time programme
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Nkflerzy: 10:59am On May 26, 2021
My Opinion....

HND conversion/Top up is the best option, and I’m currently running the program with Kwasu.

Top up is normally 2years with 3 semesters in each year I.e 6 semesters in total, you can say 200lv, 300lv and 400lv .. you can go for Masters afterwards

2:It is not affected by ASUU strike in any way, so 2 years means 2 years unless there is a pandemic ��
3:Tuition fee for the first year is #171k and it is being paid as follows
First semester =#61k
Second semester =60k
Third semester =50k
Repeat the Same method for the second year

4: Lectures holds from Friday , Saturday and Sunday. N:B —Friday classes are virtual class

5:As for Kwasu lecture venue is not in there main campus which is in Malete but in ilorin
Ilorin is the capital city and it’s a developed city, Accommodation is cheap, if you are willing to relocate and getting a job here too is good and starting a business is not a bad idea cause there is unilorin and kwara poly students willing to patronize you.

6:In terms of Ranking of universities that offers Hnd top up, Kwasu is number one followed by Bellstech uni.

Ps: lecturers here are highly qualified, once you start you will definitely know the difference between HND and Bsc.

I’m currently in my second semester studying Biochemistry..Yes we do practicals as normal student

Our coordinators pick 2 Saturdays or Sundays in each semester for practical.. it is being done in Malete I.e Kwasu main campus and there laboratory is well equipped..we go by Kwasu school bus from ilorin to malete is 1hr drive

As for Direct entry it basically 3 years because you’ll be admitted into 200lv and think about the ASUU strikes that might occur, Maybe 3 years will now turn to 4 to 5 years after spending 5 years in polytechnic to get HND plus One year Service..

Choose wisely..Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by cmoney22222: 9:39pm On May 26, 2021
I am interested in this. Pls can you tell us the next admission pls.

Thank
Nkflerzy:
My Opinion....

HND conversion/Top up is the best option, and I’m currently running the program with Kwasu.

Top up is normally 2years with 3 semesters in each year I.e 6 semesters in total, you can say 200lv, 300lv and 400lv .. you can go for Masters afterwards

2:It is not affected by ASUU strike in any way, so 2 years means 2 years unless there is a pandemic ��
3:Tuition fee for the first year is #171k and it is being paid as follows
First semester =#61k
Second semester =60k
Third semester =50k
Repeat the Same method for the second year

4: Lectures holds from Friday , Saturday and Sunday. N:B —Friday classes are virtual class

5:As for Kwasu lecture venue is not in there main campus which is in Malete but in ilorin
Ilorin is the capital city and it’s a developed city, Accommodation is cheap, if you are willing to relocate and getting a job here too is good and starting a business is not a bad idea cause there is unilorin and kwara poly students willing to patronize you.

6:In terms of Ranking of universities that offers Hnd top up, Kwasu is number one followed by Bellstech uni.

Ps: lecturers here are highly qualified, once you start you will definitely know the difference between HND and Bsc.

I’m currently in my second semester studying Biochemistry..Yes we do practicals as normal student

Our coordinators pick 2 Saturdays or Sundays in each semester for practical.. it is being done in Malete I.e Kwasu main campus and there laboratory is well equipped..we go by Kwasu school bus from ilorin to malete is 1hr drive

As for Direct entry it basically 3 years because you’ll be admitted into 200lv and think about the ASUU strikes that might occur, Maybe 3 years will now turn to 4 to 5 years after spending 5 years in polytechnic to get HND plus One year Service..

Choose wisely..Thanks
Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by Nkflerzy: 10:03am On May 27, 2021
cmoney22222:
I am interested in this. Pls can you tell us the next admission pls.

Thank

The Admission form is currently on sale... Check Kwasu portal and the price is #7500
Next Admission is till September..

If you need info WhatsApp me :081 six six zero seven eight three zero four

1 Like

Re: Conversion Of HND To Bsc by JOHNSONHUB247: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2022
Hi, get your Airtel line converted to postpaid and enjoy lots of benefits.
Click on the link: https:///FKAfImx9VdwA1wgz5sXQmb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ADVICE: I've Gotten 2 Admissions, Which One Should I Choose? / ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October / Difference Between ‘in the night’ and ‘at night’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.