Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? (24915 Views)

Solomon Dalung Visits National Stadium Lagos (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) / Nigeria Vs Congo-4pm Today At Calabar Uj Esuene Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by iceberylin(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2014
OVER-HYPED STADIUM!!!!

WE HAVE BETTER STADIUMS!!!
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Erotex(m): 11:49am On Sep 07, 2014
Absolutely no!!
It's just that their sports minister is doing a great job
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 07, 2014
Akpabiooooooooooooooo'suncommon transformation grin
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Youngzedd(m): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2014
Losers must surely have an excuse.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by nerodenero: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
Until we have good maintenance culture, our stadia will always remain terrible.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Wolison(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Op@pls, Nigerians don't build stadium;they build training pitch
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by peteofi(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
To be honest with you, that stadia is terrible. I think the only thing that worked was the floor lights. What happened to the stadium in Lagos or even Abuja... Wait forget Abuja stadium. Gosh. This country self

1 Like

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by bada007(m): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
ebolablast: I no know say naija get Dis kind fine fine stadiums o..chai
me to
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by ideyvexnow: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
Asking questions like this topic, is what is so wrong with many Nigerians. We like to only remember bad things and easily forget good things.

When the Super Eagles were winning their previous matches in Calabar, why didn't you ask questions like this.

Now that they lost only 1 match out of over 40 matches, you come now to criticize. You didn't even consider the fact that our football house is
not in order and that our coach is out of contract, volunteering to work without pay,and that all this brouhaha can psychologically affect both the coach and the Super eagles.
All you can focus on is criticism. Na wa for you oooo.

For me, failing 1 out of over forty exam questions will still give you 99% which is equivalent to an A score.

2 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by meforyou1(m): 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
If not for the attitude of lagos fans always booing super eagles when they are losing, lagos state stadium opp national stadium surulere is the ideal place for nigeri's home matches
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by kendrick93(m): 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
due to luck factor and also support.. b4 yesterday,we havn't lost a game there b4.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Solupeace: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Youngzedd: Losers must surely have an excuse.
No,it's called appraisal.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by kendrick93(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
due to luck factor and also support.. b4 yesterday,we havn't lost a game there b4.
btw nigeria don't hav any worldclass football stadium
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Cooljoe1(m): 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
Keshi didn't complain *which means im lyk d pitch bdat niyen *lol
after our yawa don gas ystadae,we started giving excuse lyk
*pitch no gud
*i saw Nigeria losing-keshi
*na nff cause am
*na russian babe wey mikel dhey date cause am
*ik.uche wey no play ni o
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by whisper88(m): 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
H
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
I think it's about the fans. Home crowd. The turn out in Calabar has been consistently great. Far better than what we used to have at the National stadium in Abuja. There may be doubts about the spectatorship that would be found elsewhere. And then, our players have been known to complain about artificial pitches ( why I think they've ditched the Teslim Balogun stadium.)
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by ugoezeik(m): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Tazmode: cow nid trainin? Dis ur post ehn grin
hahahahahaha dis one na counter attack. U rili serve him hot one
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Superstar007(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Don't worry when the Olympic size stadium in Aks is completed. We won't have to be using the Calabar stadium anymore cool

1 Like

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by fflamingo(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Am getting pissed off with everything super eagle has to offer. Tactical coherence; NO, nigeria football federation; fraud, players; scams, coaches; tactical silly and a fúcking ímbecile; pitches/stadium pathetic. How clueless can the federation be.....erratic nonsense
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Revolva(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Except for teslim balogun stadium in surulere lagos and abuja stadium....I don't see any good standard one in naija there rest are just too poor to be compared internationally
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Youngzedd(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Solupeace:
No,it's called appraisal.

Had it been we won, do you think all the excuses will come up.

We gotta fully utilize what we have instead of appraisal.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Cooljoe1(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
honeric01: After yesterday's match, i kept asking myself if in the whole of 36 states of Nigeria (+ FTC), we can only showcase Africa and the world at large our national heritage, the Super Eagles in a stadium like UJ Esuene Calabar.

I checked other African countries that played their qualifiers, only 2 countries had horror pitch like we have in Calabar, Ghana and Sudan, the others looked so great, i thought they moved their game outside the shores of Africa, check out Gabon's stadium, Tunisia, Senegal, Zambia e.t.c, their pitches look great and nice to the eyes.

Why can't we move our games to a more suitable pitch anywhere in Nigeria? fine, UJ stadium was once a beauty to behold (Pitch wise) but as usual, once any Nigerian business/person/state/e.t.c begins to get great patronage, they start dropping standards, UJ Esuene stadium is becoming an insult to Nigeria and i think it's time we move the Super eagles out of that state until they wake up to do the needful.

I took out time to check on other stadiums in Nigeria and i was able to locate few stadiums that should be given chance to host the Super eagles.

Lagos
Abuja
Enugu
Kano
Kaduna
Kastina
Port Harcourt (Looks sick though)
Bauchi
Kogi

Though some of them are artificial pitches, but i don't mind seeing the SE play there than the rubbish pitch i saw yesterday even though Calabar is in a region that enjoys heavy rainfall and nice weather.

And once the one in Akwa Ibom is completed, our super eagles home games should be moved there until the National Stadium in Lagos and Abuja is revamped.

Attached are 4 stadiums (Side by side), compare them, Calabar (REAL), Lagos (ARTIFICIAL), Kano (REAL) and Enugu (ARTIFICIAL).
our yawa burst against congo ni abi?
No worry,God go help us tear south africa apart nd u wont av 2 worry abt stadiums for sometym
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by otokx(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Remove Port Harcourt from that list.

1 Like

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Lavidah: 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
UJ Esuene is quite good but certainly not the best we've got. It enjoys frequent schedules for Super Eagles because they had not suffered defeat on that pitch, until yesterday when Leroy's Congo Brazzaville beat Keshi 'the big boss' & his Eagles there in Calabar... Finally, shakara don END o!
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
AKS int. stadium will do cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Luminary1(f): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
Blackchampion: U lost it dude. Beta luck next time

mind ur biz na ??

TATAFO
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by duni04(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
Afam4eva: I have said it before that the Calabar stadium does not project our image as a country that well. Our main national team should be playing in a world class stadium. That notwithstanding, i wonder why this issue of stadium always comes up whenever we perform badly in a match. I remember how people condemned the choice of Kano as the venue of our Germany 2006 qualifiers against Angola just because we lost. If we had won convincingly, the choice of Kano would never have come up. People have alkso criticized the choice of the Abuja stadium is the past citing the fact that the fans are too bland and that the city is not fit to host the SE. No matter where it is taken to, people will complain as far we are not doing well. Let's just make sure we play in standard stadiums irrespective of the location.
Did u see the game? That pitch was a mess! Was like watching a nigerian premier league game. Wonder why they're avoiding lagos. We have the fans, security, the best hotels and an excellent stadium and more than enough commercial sponsors. I'm sure its politics or bureaucracy
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by duni04(m): 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
gladpresh: AKS int. stadium will do cheesy
Lol. For your mind
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by orobs93(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
The pitch be like wetin dem take cutlass take clear and come leave grass untop d pitch,dat time our school field just need only mower e go turn to wembley...calabar was. The worst pitch yesterday and the congolese were used to dat type of pitch,if we don't av any natural pitch dat is green and not bumby we av so many artificial turfs please take dem to any after all the linzki stadium of moscow is artificial...I just tire for naija very simple tins dat little money and common sense can do dey will want to tief money first.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Emmysteve(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
When i called the stadium a potatoes farm prior to the match some body nearly crucified me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Premier League Relegation: Manchester United Fighting A Battle To Avoid It / Raymond Ekevwo Is Africa’s Fastest Man / What EVERY Premier League Club Wants Before January Transfer Window Closes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.