Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? (24939 Views)

Solomon Dalung Visits National Stadium Lagos (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Stadium, Nominated As World Stadium Of The Year (Pic) / Nigeria Vs Congo-4pm Today At Calabar Uj Esuene Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by englishmart(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
Its Not at all the best though.
But it's the most snake free stadium.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by gemmag: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
Foolish talk!!!! This shud not even make front page!!! We is UJE stadium up now cos we lost!!! SMH
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by arsetalks(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
Why can't we renovated the abuja stadium? Why can't the national stadium be renovated? What happened to Liberation stadium in port harcourt that was home to Eagles matches before now?

To me, everything is been politicised annd our football is suffering for it.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by bliss2al(m): 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
omo see kogi stadium
cute
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by kel4soft: 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dont worry OP, once Port Harcourt finished her new stadium of 42,000 capacity this december. SE will start using there. Is even close to the airport and have good roads networks.

Stadium prototype
Road Networks close to Airport
Aerial view of the stadium

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by iconize(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
That stadium is crap!

You could see disgust in the faces of the Congolese players.

The Abuja stadium has been abandoned for that refugee camp.

The Uyo stadium what about it?

Enugu stadium?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by tuader(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Bleep naija pitch
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by jsurg(m): 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
That stadium na disgrace to dis country, abeg tha senegal stadiun too fine
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by elobyobi: 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
onuwaje: It's not about the stadium u knw... most tyms u have to consider things like airports,hotels(standard ones) and road network.. also u have to consider security/protocol/safety measures.. u av done well by voicing ur view but these other places u listed do they have
1.Airports?(not airstrip/or runway)
2.Standard hotels for foreign teams?(i mean standard)
3.good road networks( I guess not)
4.security/safety and protocol measures (I leave that. For the house to answer)

I believe calabar can offer most of those I guess

#teamwarristadium cheesy

Cc:evestar dcmdad eyoniggar barackohandsom
Enugu has all these
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Akalia(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
Buchukwu: Is it because we lost yesterday? Shut up @OP and blame the coach,boys not pitch.
good response to that lame OP. Nigerian degrading themselves since 1960.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Oyimzy(m): 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
SE...defending champs...playing on a poor pitch (Brownish Green)

Naija govt. But why??
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
gboru: warri beats this once joor

Is the pitch real or artificial grass and has the drainage system been fixed?

Can you help us with better view?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Marcelinho(m): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
in as much as the pitch look somehow in the eye, was it not the Same pitch that Congo played and won, brother pitch or not the determination was not there in the super eagles, Maybe they were not motivated!
I rest ma case... next!
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by EddyNumerouno(m): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
It looked like the SE played on a big vegetable farm yesterday
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Tidyman: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
olimeh13: I just chop beans now now..... I come here to read comments and to m.e.s.s
make una cover una nose now
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
duni04:
Lol. For your mind

Check this out.

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Tidyman: 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
angry Oya clap for ur self
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Atouke: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
kel4soft: Dont worry OP, once Port Harcourt finished her new stadium of 42,000 capacity this december. SE will start using there. Is even close to the airport and have good roads networks.

Stadium prototype
Road Networks close to Airport
Aerial view of the stadium

the port harcourt new stadium under construction is crap. that stadium is a dissapointment and a waste of money it is outdated while underconstruction, An 18th century stadium design in the 21st century Amaechi needs to be flogged.
The Akwa Ibom state stadium under construction is the answer.

look at the pictures the difference is clear between Amaechi anachronistic design and Akpabios post modern design.

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
onuwaje: It's not about the stadium u knw... most tyms u have to consider things like airports,hotels(standard ones) and road network.. also u have to consider security/protocol/safety measures.. u av done well by voicing ur view but these other places u listed do they have
1.Airports?(not airstrip/or runway)
2.Standard hotels for foreign teams?(i mean standard)
3.good road networks( I guess not)
4.security/safety and protocol measures (I leave that. For the house to answer)

I believe calabar can offer most of those I guess

#teamwarristadium cheesy

Cc:evestar dcmdad eyoniggar barackohandsom

Of the states/stadiums i listed, which of them do you think don't have what you asked?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by rhames(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
This man is very funny and i think he just wasted time asking this pitch or which one will be better for the Super Eagles next match. Accept defeat in plain terms and pray that the next match will be an easy victory( which i doubt as a football fan) for our dear Super(Suffering) Eagles. Learn how to handle defeat. Despite the Brazilians trailing by seven goal in the last world cup, The home fans still gave a standing ovation to their team. grin
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
Afam4eva: I have said it before that the Calabar stadium does not project our image as a country that well. Our main national team should be playing in a world class stadium. That notwithstanding, i wonder why this issue of stadium always comes up whenever we perform badly in a match. I remember how people condemned the choice of Kano as the venue of our Germany 2006 qualifiers against Angola just because we lost. If we had won convincingly, the choice of Kano would never have come up. People have alkso criticized the choice of the Abuja stadium is the past citing the fact that the fans are too bland and that the city is not fit to host the SE. No matter where it is taken to, people will complain as far we are not doing well. Let's just make sure we play in standard stadiums irrespective of the location.

Did you read the post well or you are posting before reading? i am not against the state hosting the super eagles but the standard of the stadium is dropping drastically and the state government or whoever is managing the stadium is not doing the image any good. the pitch is becoming a shadow of itself and no longer camera friendly. i hope you can spot my points now?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by IYANGBALI: 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
The most suitable stadium in Nigeria is in sambisa forest,I wonder why we aint playing there,the name alone will put fear in the minds of our opponets
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
ideyvexnow: Asking questions like this topic, is what is so wrong with many Nigerians. We like to only remember bad things and easily forget good things.

When the Super Eagles were winning their previous matches in Calabar, why didn't you ask questions like this.

Now that they lost only 1 match out of over 40 matches, you come now to criticize. You didn't even consider the fact that our football house is
not in order and that our coach is out of contract, volunteering to work without pay,and that all this brouhaha can psychologically affect both the coach and the Super eagles.
All you can focus on is criticism. Na wa for you oooo.

For me, failing 1 out of over forty exam questions will still give you 99% which is equivalent to an A score.

Comprehension! is the post about the performance of the SE?
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Jaypower2(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
olimeh13: I just chop beans now now..... I come here to read comments and to m.e.s.s
make una cover una nose now
kids on nairaland angry
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by honeric01(m): 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirChotas: I think it's about the fans. Home crowd. The turn out in Calabar has been consistently great. Far better than what we used to have at the National stadium in Abuja. There may be doubts about the spectatorship that would be found elsewhere. And then, our players have been known to complain about artificial pitches ( why I think they've ditched the Teslim Balogun stadium.)

UJ Eusene stadium has a capacity of 18,000 while Abuja National stadium is more than 40,000, what you think is "crowd" in Calabar is likely less than half of the number of people that come to watch matches in Abuja. you need 2.5x number of people in Calabar stadium to fill up what we have in Abuja.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Reference(m): 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Quite frankly the Cross-River state government has taken Nigeria for a ride. They have not invested adequately in infrastructure. They have not shown any returns for the huge amount of publicity, hospitality and tourism income that has accrued to them from all our national teams.

If they cannot do it let them lay the charge on at least the hotels who are making a killing. In the future the FA should open annual hosting bids for all cities with the best financial and infrastructural packages. No more sentiments. That pitch played against us yesterday. It is high time governments chased after the FA not the other way round. With the trophies won recently our football is more marketable than ever before especially to failing politicians who wish to launder their sordid images since the game is as potent and hallucinating as narcotics.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Suarezilla(m): 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
No it is not..It's just a myth surrounding it that we have never lost a match played there (not until yest). But now some other venues will be tried out..mayb we can find a fortress somewhr else
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by 14teenK: 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lwkmd........really the stadium isnt attractive to the eye at All, we need to step up, 4 a Country like Nigeria **AfRICAN CHAMPIONS** shd we call that the best Stadium we Have in 9ja Think am na?...
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Krasid(m): 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
The stadium used yesterday was an eyesore.Nigeria has a lot of good stadiums, so i wonder why the UJ Esuene stadium is always used.I suggest that the uyo stadium should be used for super eagles games immediatelely it is completed.
Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Atouke: 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
Opening soon, the Akwa Ibom Sport complex! This post modern stadium will wipe away the shame of decrepit stadium from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
Op, wld u hv brought dis up if u won d match?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uruguay Vs Russia: World Cup (3 - 0) On 25th June 2018 / Harry Maguire Dropped As Manchester United Captain / Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.