Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog (996 Views)

EFCC Is A Toothless Bulldog-Obasanjo / EFCC Has Become Toothless Bull-dog, Says Obasanjo / Ese: Our Constitution And Security Forces Are Toothless! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by 500samuel(m): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2014
Is like NCC is a toothless dog or it does not
know what national branding entails??
My dstv subscription expire in d course of d
weekend and i could not recharge my
account so i av no option than to watch free
channel but to my surprise no local station is
free not even NTA which is our national
television and i was super-surprised when i
saw CCTV as a free station. CCTV is chinese
govt owned television meant to project the
image of their country outside d shores of
their country and it is free but our own NTA is
not free even in our own country!!!
I hope NCC people are thinking at all??
Nigeria: good people, great nation

1 Like

Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by Brahms(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
It's time you get a Consat Decoder.
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by eluquenson(m): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
This is not a breaking news as Nigeria as a nation has no greater value in the international community.
I watch Ghana TV stations for free here in Nigeria
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
If dstv doesn't have the license from nta to broadcast them for free on dstv then u won't have it for free in ur country

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by 500samuel(m): 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
Brahms: It's time you get a Consat Decoder.
how does it work
how does it work
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by lomprico(m): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
What's dat?
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by Brahms(m): 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
lomprico:
What's dat?

500samuel: how does it work

genny2kuk: Consat is a Direct to Home (DTH) broadcasting service owned by CBS (Continental Broadcasting Service, owners of TVC and Radio Continental).

Consat TV currently has 40 free channels upon fresh installation and activation, and these free channels run for a month. After which you can subscribe for any of the 4 available bouquets. They are:

I. Free-to-View - 29 channels

II. Basic - 40 channels

III. Mini-Premium - 55 channels

IV. Premium - 66 channels and still counting

Some of the available channels are:

- Dove TV
- TVC News
- LTV
- NHK
- France 24
- Bloomberg
- A-Plus Movies
- DW
- Nigezie
- TVC Nolly (English)
- TVC Movies (Yoruba)
- TVC Movies (Hausa)
- Yoruba Swagger
- Al-Jazeera
- Fashion TV
- BET
- Viasat Nature
- Fox Business
- Fox News
- BBC
- Optima Sports
- Sports Plus
- Motovision
- Eurosports News
- Nickelodeon Europe, etc

The Consat system comes with a 90cm dish, decoder, smart card (which is married to the decoder when activated), and dish accessories.

Installation of Consat is similar to any PayTV setup, only you need to be familiar with the parameters to get the best possible signal quality. For setup, you are strongly advised to use an MPEG4 decoder with satellite tracking abilities (Infinity, Strong would do).

The frequency is 11293 and symbol rate 45000 H. It is positioned at 16 oE. When tracking for signal, you need to achieve signal strength and quality over 80% to get stable feed. Once you achieve this with the Strong decoder, you can then replace it with the Consat decoder and start up the system.

For fresh installation, you should always do a software upgrade (be sure that the power supply is steady to avoid interruption and possible damage to the decoder). Please make sure that the software upgrade is carried out by a duly qualified so as to avoid damage to your decoder.

During installation, you should liaise with the dealer you bought the system from so it can be activated for you.

Hope this has being helpful.
Source: http://consat.tv
https://www.nairaland.com/1583671/consat-tv-information-installation-guide
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by 500samuel(m): 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by Brahms(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
500samuel:

list some of the free channel

TVC Nigeria (NEW)
TVC News (International)
TVC Entertainment
BBC World News
Al-Jazeera
France 24
Fox News
DW
NHK
WAP TV
Galaxy TV
Yoruba Swagger
BCÕS (Oyo)
LTV (Lagos)
OGTV (Ogun)
EBS (Edo)
OSBC (Osun)
RSBS (Rivers)
BSES (Ekiti)
Daystar International
LRA Media
Muslim World TV
Sunnah TV
Kennis Music
X2D
Smash
Sports Plus
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by Adofaya: 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Consat is coming up gradually, let's support them. Dstv is over hyped.
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by citizenY(m): 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
What is the cost involved..hardware and sunscription for the bouquets?
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by Brahms(m): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
citizenY: What is the cost involved..hardware and subscription for the bouquets?
Just 14,999.. Free Installation.
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by 500samuel(m): 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Brahms:
Just 14,999.. Free Installation.
am working in Ekiti how will I get it....with installation
Re: DSTV Exploiting Us, NCC Is Toothless Dog by Brahms(m): 10:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
500samuel: am working in Ekiti how will I get it....with installation
I'm not in the marketing board, but I doubt if there's a Consat Shop there in Ekiti.

Your best option is to get it through someone in Lag.

For now, Consat has almost 20,000 Active Subscribers. Get it asap!! Nigeria is going Digital next year. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Protesting Tanker Drivers Block Apapa Wharf Road / Badeh To Troops: Flush Out Boko Haram Before Saturday Poll / God bless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.