Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Could Mr President Possibly Be A 'lame Duck' ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Mr President Possibly Be A 'lame Duck' ? (474 Views)

Nigeria's Lame Duck CBN Governor Takes A Bashing / Goodluck The Lame Duck President / Yaradua's Masterstroke And The Making Of A Lame Duck Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Could Mr President Possibly Be A 'lame Duck' ? by Factism(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
According to wikipedia the term 'lame duck' can be attributed to the status of a sitting president choosing not to seek another term at the expiration of the current term. Its about about four months to the next general election and the president is yet to verbally sghow his intention to seek another term in office, though the body language seem so.
I dont want to believe the defending words such as 'he need to concentrate on the current job at hand and not be distracted with 2015' if you are politically inclined you will know thats not possible. VARIOUS support groups and even people from his clan are clamouring that he declare his intention.
With all these a part of me is of the opinion that the pqresident might want to be humble and trail the path none in the history of Nigeria has voluntarily trailed to surprise us. Who can say.
This is my personal view and opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Insensitive And Foolish: Washington Post Blast Pres. Jonathan Over Slogan / Boko Haram Control In Northeast Nigeria --Roman Catholic Archbishop / CBN Refunds N17bn To Customers Over Illegal Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.