Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

What Is The Morning Star ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Morning Star ? (1724 Views)

5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning / Why Are Both Jesus And Satan Called The Bright Morning Star / Jesus Is Lucifer Aka Morning Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Morning Star ? by Emmafrancis: 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Please my christian brothers and sisters. Help me to understand who exactly is the "morning star". As with regards to Rev 2:28

My friends have argued that the morning star refers to lucifer. But in other passages this title have been use clearly to refer to Jesus.
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lucifer, bringer of light, morning star.

That's my Father.
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by eunisam: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
sonOfLucifer: Lucifer, bringer of light, morning star.

That's my Father.
This your username. Nawao

1 Like

Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
eunisam: This your username. Nawao
What's the problem?
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by eunisam: 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
What's the problem?
i no fit halla
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by tpia1000k: 6:03am On Jan 04, 2015
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by johnydon22(m): 9:28am On Jan 04, 2015
Emmafrancis:
Please my christian brothers and sisters. Help me to understand who exactly is the "morning star". As with regards to Rev 2:28

My friends have argued that the morning star refers to lucifer. But in other passages this title have been use clearly to refer to Jesus.
let me clearify you. the word lucifer is the latin word for morning star or bringer of light. . . the early christians fictiously added dis name to the mythical devil cus the book of isaiah talked about a vision where it saw him falling like a morning star... so lucifer is not anybody's title or name. its just a latin word which means morning star.. till today morning star is translated as lucifer in latin and their is nothing bad in it or supernatural about it...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by PastorAIO: 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
The star in question is Venus.

Hesperus is the personification of the "evening star", the planet Venus in the evening. His name is sometimes conflated with the names for his brother, the personification of the planet as the "morning star" Eosphorus (Greek Ἐωσφόρος, "bearer of dawn"wink or Phosphorus (Ancient Greek: Φωσφόρος, "bearer of light", often translated as "Lucifer" in Latin), since they are all personifications of the same planet Venus. "Heosphoros" in the Greek Septuagint and "Lucifer" in Jerome's Latin Vulgate were used to translate the Hebrew "Helel" (Venus as the brilliant, bright or shining one), "son of Shahar (god) (Dawn)" in the Hebrew version of Isaiah 14:12.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesperus
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by ekochris(m): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
lucifer is a latin word for morning

Lucifer is the proper name of d devil before his fall.

So Lucifer was the morning star; but not anymore.
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by PastorAIO: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
ekochris:
lucifer is a latin word for morning

Lucifer is the proper name of d devil before his fall.

So Lucifer was the morning star; but not anymore.

But the planet Venus is still in the sky. So where did he fall to?
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by twosquare(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
Emmafrancis:

Jesus is not just the morning star but the bright morning star. That is this Jesus you see is superior to the morning stars. The morning star is not only Lucifer (now known as Satan), there are many morning stars but this one is bright-meaning He is superior to them. Morning stars are the first class of angels that were created. They're also called sons of the morning. So it is a title that belongs to the angel of the the 3rd/1st order(in the ascending order/descending order).
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by ekochris(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
PastorAIO:

But the planet Venus is still in the sky. So where did he fall to?

have u seen it before? just believing wat scientists say
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by PastorAIO: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
ekochris:

have u seen it before? just believing wat scientists say

Lots and lots and lots of times. Last night Venus was the evening star. as time goes it will set later and later in the evening till it reaches a certain distance from the sun then it'll reverse and start setting earlier and earlier. I've done a little bit of study of astronomy and so I'm not just believing what scientists say. I see it.

The following is photographic evidence of venus and mercury setting together a few days ago. Above them you can also see mars.
http://astronomer.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Mercury-Venus-1024x609.png
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by ekochris(m): 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
PastorAIO:

Lots and lots and lots of times. Last night Venus was the evening star. as time goes it will set later and later in the evening till it reaches a certain distance from the sun then it'll reverse and start setting earlier and earlier. I've done a little bit of study of astronomy and so I'm not just believing what scientists say. I see it.

The following is photographic evidence of venus and mercury setting together a few days ago. Above them you can also see mars.
http://astronomer.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Mercury-Venus-1024x609.png

You simply highlighted some stars and tagged them Mars, Venus, Vegas etc. Are you saying that you can see other planets with naked eyes from earth
Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by PastorAIO: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
ekochris:

You simply highlighted some stars and tagged them Mars, Venus, Vegas etc. Are you saying that you can see other planets with naked eyes from earth

Yes, I'm saying that you can see other planets with naked eyes from earth?

Please let's not extend this. there are 7 planets (wanderers) that can be seen with unclad eyes from earth and we have been aware of for thousands of years. Namely, The Sun, The Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. We used them to name the 7 days of the week.
Sun- Sunday
Moon - Monday
Mars (german twi) - Tuesday (french Mardi)
Mercury (german woden)- Wednesday (french Mercredi)
Jupiter (norse Thor) - Thursday (french Jeudi)
Venus (norse Freya) - Friday (french vendredi)
saturn - Saturday

when telescopes and stuff were discovered that was when we became aware of other planets that the eyes cannot see, such as uranus, neptune and pluto.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Morning Star ? by SeverusSnape(m): 11:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Purity / How 100,000 Britons Have Chosen To Become Muslim.and Average Convert Is 27-year / The Lord Satan! I Hail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.