Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

How Do I Improve My Maths? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Improve My Maths? (20442 Views)

My Encounter With My Maths Teacher Today / How Do I Improve On My Maths Skill / How To Improve My Spoken English? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Improve My Maths? by amram(m): 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2009
One good way to solve your problem is to go back to basics in mathematics. Not minding your present status go back and start from indices, simple simultaneous equation and such things. In our days it was form three work this days possibly Jss3 or SS1 work. When you master the basic it will be easier to build on it. mathematics is like building, when the foundation is poor it becomes difficult to built on it if not practically impossible.

I am very sure that if you can just commit more interest, get some one to help you , start learning the basics continue to build on it very soon you will become a force to reckon with in mathematics
Re: How Do I Improve My Maths? by tpia5: 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
amram: One good way to solve your problem is to go back to basics in mathematics.

very true.

for example, roman numerals.

I=1
II=2
III=3
IV=4
V=5

IX=9
X=10

etc etc
Re: How Do I Improve My Maths? by lambalamb(m): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2012
shilling: My major is Economics. I'm very good at all my other courses even Statistics. But, Math is usually 50-60% (I sometimes fail my tests). What's wrong with me? It's been like this since high school. I was thinking of going to see our Pastor for deliverance but I think he'll just laugh it off and tell me to study.

Math geniuses and others, how do I improve my Math grades?

Well they have said it all.......just grad from the uni with a first class in maths so i think passion is the key. my frnd u nid to develop passion for the course.
Re: How Do I Improve My Maths? by DrinkWater10: 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ibime:
(1.) Overcome your inner fear of Mathematics

(2.) Shun your calculator. Do everything in your head. This improves your speed, understanding and helps you to build mental shortcuts. It also helps you to grasp concepts easily, believe it or not.

(3.) Grasp the concept of BODMAS fully. Funny enough, 90% of adults cannot apply BODMAS correctly, although they think they can . . .  and that is the main reason they struggle with Maths.

These are the three basic steps that will improve your efficiency in Mathematics. I am a Mathematician and have studied Maths through these 3 simple rules. Most things in Maths involve processes and formulas. Those can be learnt and forgotten again. . . . but if you have these three basic tools in your armoury, you should be OK.
hi ibime, can you teach me mathematical induction? I really want to get a hold of it.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lasu Part Time Campus Result Is Out. Good Luck Lasuites / Over 10,000 Candidates Caught Cheating In Anambra- JAMB / Let's See How Clever You Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.