Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,385 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? (1893 Views)

African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way? / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Some African Parents Destroy Beautiful Love Relationships With Their Prejudices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

We were talking about Nigeria.

How do your sources prove that "African parenting" helped maintain a low crime rate in Nigeria?

So what helped maintain low crime in Nigeria?
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 9:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kanwulia:

. . . .And who are the criminals. . . .?

THE MINORITIES WITH POOR PARENTING! WITH ALL THEIR BABY MAMMA DADDA DRAMA BASTARDS FOR GREEN CARDS!kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHwzfpS0d2c

AFRICANS ARE THE #1 CRIMINALS!!!!!

40% OF BLACKS HAVE CRIMINAL RECORDS! kiss

All that matters is the fact that they were raised in America
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:

So what helped maintain low crime in Nigeria?

Low??

1 Like

Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Kanwulia: 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:

All that matters is the fact that they were raised in America

I did not argue that! kiss
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Kanwulia: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
troy20:
nairalands suzanne warren a.k.a crazy eyes

Na who be dat? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4scFQOfJFV8

Bwaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpy0iecgzL8

I LOVE HER! grin
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kanwulia:

I did not argue that! kiss
Lol..

*avoiding argument with Kanwulia cheesy
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Low??

cheesy

*speechless
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:
cheesy

*speechless

Why? undecided
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why? undecided
I wish I could convince you smiley
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Kanwulia: 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:
Lol..

*avoiding argument with Kanwulia cheesy

Ooooooh. . . I really appreciate it! wink
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:
I wish I could convince you smiley

Convince me of what?
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kanwulia:
Ooooooh. . . I really appreciate it! wink
hehe cheesy
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 10:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Convince me of what?
That African parenting helped maintain minimal crime rate in Nigeria
smiley
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:
That African parenting helped maintain minimal crime rate in Nigeria
smiley

So the crime rate in Nigeria is minimal?

2 Likes

Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So the crime rate in Nigeria is minimal?
From the international perspective, yes. wink
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:
From the international perspective, yes. wink

First of all, we have to differentiate between countries which have proper reports of crimes reported and those that lack such reports. Anyway.

If your thesis that shouting and beating lead to lower crime rates was right then countries such as Russia, for example, would have "low" crime rates too.

2 Likes

Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

First of all, we have to differentiate between countries which have proper reports of crimes reported and those that lack such reports. Anyway.

If your thesis that shouting and beating lead to lower crime rates was right then countries such as Russia, for example, would have "low" crime rates too.

Sadly, I don't know how to argue with ladies sad
You have a point there ^
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:

Sadly, I don't know how to argue with ladies sad
You have a point there ^

In the same way you would argue with a gentleman. wink
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

In the same way you would argue with a gentleman. wink

lol, I don't think so
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:
lol, I don't think so

You said you don't know how to argue with a lady and I told you how. I didn't ask your opinion. wink tongue cool
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 10:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You said you don't know how to argue with a lady and I told you how. I didn't ask your opinion. wink tongue cool
omg
grin
Are you a Lawyer?
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis: omg
grin
Are you a Lawyer?

smiley
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

smiley
True?
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
Acidosis:
True?

No.
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Acidosis(m): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No.
Alright, ma smiley
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Stillfire: 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
100% overhyped.
I would rather live under the bridge than live with an elderly African, except my dad. cool Can't live with my mom either. Love her but mbanu. Got no time for the analysis of how respectful one is or not.
If there is one thing they've bastardized, it is respect, especially particular groups in Nigeria who use their own cultural background to demand some ridiculous pettiness from others. I've gotten into trouble because I could not understand some of these pettiness. Can't wait for them to go to 'heaven' or 'hell' and carry their ego tripping with them. Totally useless to my existence in this life.

1 Like

Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by aderonila18: 11:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What discipline? Where?

Thank you jare which discipline? If discipline is a part of our culture then how come Nigerians are generally some of the most unruly people on earth. Came on a plane with Nigerians today and I was shaking my head through out. Adults who can never obey simply instructions , even cto stay on a queue becomes a problem. If African parenting is so effective why do the adult Nigerians lack discipline? Whites don't shout about discipline yet their society reflects that they end up more disciplined than us. We like to make noise about having morals and values yet our society does not reflect that!
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Stillfire: 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
aderonila18:

If discipline is a part of our culture then how come Nigerians are generally some of the most unruly people on earth. Came on a plane with Nigerians today and I was shaking my head through out. Adults who can never obey simply instructions , even common queue g becomes a problem. If African parenting is so effective why are we such do the adult Nigerians lack discipline? Whites don't shout about discipline yet their society reflects that they end up more disciplined than us. We lie to make noise about having morals and values yet our society does not reflect that!

Thank you for this.
The issue of discipline in the Nigerian setting is a big farce.
As I grow older I realize the adults do not have any respect for the young ones. You are to keep on kissing and kissing these aged ones ass till you quench.

2 Likes

Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by aderonila18: 12:04am On Sep 10, 2014
Stillfire:

Thank you for this.
As I grow older I realize the adults do not have any respect for the young ones. You are to keep on kissing and kissing these aged ones ass till you quench.

Nigerians generally are very hypocritical, we love paying lip service yet when you check our society you can see clearly the discrepancies between what we preach and what we do.
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by aderonila18: 12:06am On Sep 10, 2014
Stillfire:

Thank you for this.

Most of them just use the "respect" thing to keep us in bondage. It's the same way they'll tell us we mustn't criticize out leaders or Pastors because they are your elders. Young people are beginning to see the light, people rob us blind and we are expected on prostrate after sef! A society where people cannot be corrected irrespective of their age or position will never develop.
Re: Are African Parents Over Hyped? ??? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
aderonila18:

Thank you jare which discipline? If discipline is a part of our culture then how come Nigerians are generally some of the most unruly people on earth. Came on a plane with Nigerians today and I was shaking my head through out. Adults who can never obey simply instructions , even cto stay on a queue becomes a problem. If African parenting is so effective why do the adult Nigerians lack discipline? Whites don't shout about discipline yet their society reflects that they end up more disciplined than us. We like to make noise about having morals and values yet our society does not reflect that!

This is exactly what I was thinking when I asked this question. I just disagree that ALL white nations show discipline but that's a different topic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lol!!! Look At How This Man Celebrated The Birth Of His Baby Boy (pics) / She Slept With All The Boyfriends I Had So I Dated Her Brother / 7 Things A Man Will Never Do If He Truly Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.