Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (58122 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
lanrezion01: This post is not a complete truth, I rarely comment on NL but this particular post got me. I understand that most private universities don't have the infrastructures and history public universities have but there are certain facts you must know. 1- The lecturers in private universities are products of public universities who are teaching the same curriculum they learnt in the public universities to private university students. If that is the case, what is the difference in the content of what they both are learning? 2- Not all private universities have iron-clad rules, some are liberal e.g. Igbinedion University,Okada and you can be sure that they'll produce mature minds just like their public university counterpart because they have the freedom and exposure. 3- To say that products of private universities are better academically is a myopic view from an academic eye suffering from Astigmatism of reality. Covenant university graduates had the largest number of scholars in the last FG scholarship exam here in Nigeria, their public university counterpart were trailing behind them. 4- Damilola Sunday made a First Class in Law in Igbinedion University, Law School(breaking records od years) and now in Harvard as one of the few Nigerians privileged to attend by scholarship. It is not about the school, its about you. 5- Labour market no longer respects school name, a lot of UI,Unilag,OAU,UNN, UNIBEN graduates are jobless while some of this private uni guys are riding on exotic cars as corporate persons. Pray poverty out of your life so that you can afford what is good for you.
IUO awoo... guy, i dey miss iya sholz o

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
vulpeslopez: Guy,I disagree on all the reason u gave....I attended igbinedion university and when it comes to book....no worry and I even had 3 visiting professors from uniben (ask any chemical engineering undergraduate from uniben about profs aluyor,igbafe and dr aisie they go tell u) we read book by force and mind u ppl still get extra year.igbinedion university no care about how much u pay for school fees
@ Orlando owoh,bros no disrespect but I no no student from which school u meet but if u see real dudes that attended a private university u will feel intimidated....mind u private school different from private schools @ donpeey22,I agree on the relyin on part time lecturers from federal universities but igbins stand out when it comes to social life....no restrictions u are free to do anytin u want(I mean anytin and everytin)
@ lanrezion01,only an igbins student will know of DAMILOLA SUNDAY....I hail u @ samconquer,leave onylibazz....one session na him go use him leg run comot @koyyes, BIU is a missionary school so wat do u expect?morals must be taught
@ dryakson the op,reason 1 na B.S( unless u meant missionary schools I.e C.U,BABCOCK etc) reason 2 "how cheap is cheaper" ask LASU and UNILAG students how much they pay and come back make we talk..( education is not cheaper anymore bro wake up) reason 3 I had friends in UNIBEN and OAU and them no sharp pass me ( I am not arrogant)na them we dey even call learners and jonzing boys...I learnt real street hustle in igbins...forget all the packaging...a typical igbins student go run u street...reason 4,5 and 6 na rubbish.....u got it all wrong bro......*proudly igbins*

P.s...one guy said some tin like this in camp and he couldn't even speak good English.....when I finished him with reasons even his friends begged me to stop ( he graduated from OAU but that doesn't mean everybody from OAU are Olodo like him)
Scott?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by protonz(m): 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
UNILAG tinx on p!!!!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 11:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
koyyes:
Then take it from those who have visited private schools, attended one of them and are studying for a second degree else where. the op is 100% right.

If I may ask,
Why exactly are you studying for a second degree
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:00am On Sep 10, 2014
Really?!
How many kings and queens have u seen with d so called freedom u meant.
Kings and queens are always under scrutiny...logically,u didnt make any point bro
haryomikun:
˚˚˚°º‎​=)). =))º°˚˚˚°ºL☺ℓº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) . Kings and queens have freedom. CU students have........ #MouthShut undecided

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by jibsai(m): 12:04am On Sep 10, 2014
Lol companies like

opella: Also some companies don't accept graduates from private universities.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by WoodcrestMayor(m): 12:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Itz Covenant and not convenant....thank me later wink
aremed:

Even if my father is Jonathan,i wil neva go to private university cos why wud a university says i shldnt use a fone,must attend church service...like [b]convenant [/b]university...chidish university...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by jibsai(m): 12:24am On Sep 10, 2014
lipsrsealed #jibsai™
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by musiwa94: 12:26am On Sep 10, 2014
vv
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by musiwa94: 12:29am On Sep 10, 2014
x
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 10, 2014
thelastgenius:

If I may ask,
Why exactly are you studying for a second degree
Doesn't matter, i was just generalizing. Some private university graduates leave to study either a second degree course or a masters degree else where. One thing for sure is that we've observed a huge difference between both environments....take it or leave it.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 12:33am On Sep 10, 2014
koyyes:
Doesn't matter, i was just generalizing. Some private university graduates leave to study either a second degree course or a masters degree else where. One thing for sure is that we've observed a huge difference between both environments....take it or leave it.

"Some"

I insist on "leaving" it

I'm not saying that Priv Unis are so perfect...
Just dis-like the myth that public uni guys are better.

Respect.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by naturefellow(m): 12:35am On Sep 10, 2014
sirjohnson: Not enough reason not to attend a private uni. Now Click Here to read why you should never go to university at all. Trust me, you actually shouldn't go to university
there is something wrong with ypu grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by vulpeslopez(m): 12:39am On Sep 10, 2014
@crixtex.....Present sir.....identify yourself.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by sirjohnson(m): 1:55am On Sep 10, 2014
naturefellow: there is something wrong with me grin

Of course something is wrong with you tongue
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:58am On Sep 10, 2014
Bootybuttchic: dat *mnenonic* whatever

ya gudnait
I never typed "mnenonic", but mnemonic. Go through it again. Your school (or do I say, alma mata)? How was your night?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by samypopson: 5:24am On Sep 10, 2014
dam007: ode! 201 and you're bragging? i scored 232 and was admitted the very year a graduated from secondary school.. now i'm a proud law graduate currently in the NLS!! and i finished from a private uni!! guess what?? now everyone knowS your financial status!! RETARDEEN grin cheesy
FUNNY.....I still find it difficult to believe dat sum1 wif 232 n jamb is calling a person wif 201 ODE!!...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by drizzy009: 5:29am On Sep 10, 2014
samypopson: FUNNY.....I still find it difficult to believe dat sum1 wif 232 n jamb is calling a person wif 201 ODE!!...
grin grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by whyx06(m): 6:25am On Sep 10, 2014
One of my friend tag private uni students as, ' WOUNDED JAMB CANDIDATE.

#IrepGrateIFE
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 10, 2014
vulpeslopez: @crixtex.....Present sir.....identify yourself.
scott na christian jae... IUO, mech eng... Ogudu
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by aremed(m): 7:13am On Sep 10, 2014
[quote author=ichommy]#Yinmu, no matter what, i still rep CU home of kings and queens #eagle wink[/quote
do u now use fones in ur CU?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by aremed(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2014
Let dem continue going to Bowen,Convenant etc...and lets see wat d outcome is...their fathers like Obasanjo,Yar'dua,Jonathan didnt attend Private universities yet they rulled over the so called private university goers...RUBBISH + WASTE OF MONEY = NONSENSE...
I even hear say na OOU DAVIDO dey attend...omo igboro
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by vulpeslopez(m): 7:26am On Sep 10, 2014
@crixtex..my engineering brother,how far?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by ichommy(m): 7:38am On Sep 10, 2014
No. Lol
[quote author=aremed][/quote]
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2014
musiwa94: look at the building careful.. Can Nigeria build this in 3 month in 1960... Seun osewa stop misleading people..

[size=18pt]Independent building was built just many years after.. occupation of Western Nigeria by Nigeria. just like the amalgamation building..by jonathan cover up the truth . In future people will claim Amalgamation building was built in 1914. [/size]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1685162_mdg--lagos-nigeria-011_jpegb04aaa30acc6ffcdd7abc7472fb2e4b2[/img]

[size=28pt]independent house calabar[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1686004_111_jpege3273191215fc89594980a4b9fe1f650

Nigeria can not build this from october 1st to december 1960 as claim.. it is wrong information... first of all the government would settle down for 1 month.. so it had just 2 month to build it.. It never happen that way..

look at the video of lagos in 1971.. you can see, that the independent house is a new building while the Western Nigeria house is an old building look at the video carefully.

The independent house is like Amalgamation tower(Millennium Tower) story been build by Goodluck Jonathan.. people in future would believe the amalgamation tower was build in 1914,

North korea wins the world cup in 2014....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcljBeNtCZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=086KJOCAQJw

It took the United state, a super power with all its technology and speed. 6.2 days to build each floor of Empire State Building .. It took the USA 18 month to build.

In Nigeria. it will take 10 days to complete a floor from my engineering knowledge.

For a 23 floor building. It will take 23 X 10 days.. 230 days == 7.6 month to complete. not 2 month..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1626937_untitled_png72ba537fea64fbab95b2ae67b65a354d
OMG.....the lunatic is here!
Run guys...
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 10, 2014
samypopson: FUNNY.....I still find it difficult to believe dat sum1 wif 232 n jamb is calling a person wif 201 ODE!!...
judge am nah,bro!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2014
well at least he wasn't braggn! What was your score again? DuM_B F@T P1G
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by vulpeslopez(m): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2014
@aremed,from your post u sound like a frustrated guy with a low self esteem who thinks trashin private university students will increase the size of ur dick......Private universities started in 1999 with igbinedion university okada and others followed and in dat short time leaders have been groomed......... davido OOU?Oga get ur fact right abeg

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 10, 2014
dam007: well at least he wasn't braggn! What was your score again? DuM_B F@T P1G
bro,this early morning?
I'm just disappointed.....
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by klens(m): 8:04am On Sep 10, 2014
Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, BBM 7523226E. www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by aremed(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2014
vulpeslopez: @aremed,from your post u sound like a frustrated guy with a low self esteem who thinks trashin private university students will increase the size of ur dick......Private universities started in 1999 with igbinedion university okada and others followed and in dat short time leaders have been groomed......... davido OOU?Oga get ur fact right abeg

Ar u a CU stdnt?jst askin...lol...ode
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 8:12am On Sep 10, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: bro,this early morning?
I'm just disappointed.....
clearly it was a deliberate attempt to infuriate me!! cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Snakes Living In DELSU Student's Room / Nigerian Man Shares His Shocking Transformation Photos / Study These Courses And Save Yourself From Unemployment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.