Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,559 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (25185 Views)

[story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Oya, leave that place and come and sit beside me.

make we gbadun the story together.

You want to change her sit from my side abi?....God dey o
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2014
cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
I decided to accept those chores as a normal thing inasmuch as this is my Uncle’s house and I am doing it for his sake, not until a day I overheard a conversation between Mary and her friend.

“Mary see how you are playing with sand don’t you know that your cloth will be dirty?” she paused for a while for Mary to respond but seeing that She have no intention of answering her she continues “I don’t blame you spoilt brat since your Mummy hires a washwoman”

“My Mummy has fired the woman, they have brought us a houseboy from the village” Mary finally responded and continue with her play.

I was overwhelmed with anger and I busted out of the room.

“Tell your mummy that she must be crazy for saying that” I told her with rage not knowing that her mummy has entered and she stand by the gate.

“I am crazy?” she asked in full amazement without expecting any answer from me because I guess she must have knew that i can’t give answer to her question.

But I replied her to put her into more shock “I think so if what your daughter said is true, how on earth could you tell your kids that I am your house-boy?”

“Yes it is true, so you can do your worst” she pointed out with a wicked smile.

This brought tears into from my eyes, I rushed in to pack my load but on getting inside I met my uncle on the floor struggling to get up, he must have overheard the heated conversation that ensued between me and his wife. He made some signs and utters some inaudible sounds which I guess was to appease me. His condition makes me to rethink about the situation and decided to have a little patient.

From thence, Mummy change drastically to me, raw food were measured by before by her before leaving the house for work so that I won’t cook in her absence, I must woke up as early as 4 O’clock in the morning to cook breakfast and worst of it all, I wasn’t allowed to eat from the food that I cooked, I must find means to eat in the morning myself but I can eat in the night from her food.

AFTER EIGHT MONTHS

I endured this for the last 8 months hoping that she will change for better, but alas! Things get from bad to worst but I thank God that my Uncle has improved in the last months. He can now talk, walk and do things like bathing and wearing of cloths by himself but I want to be sure that he is considerably okay before I leave him.

I started looking forward to the day I would be free from this mental, physical and psychological slavery.

On my eighteenth birthday, I received a call from my cousin, Kay, that my Mother was sick and if possible I should come down to hometown immediately.

With gladness of heart I left Lagos in the ninth month of my staying in Lagos, but what I met dealt another blow to my Destiny.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: cool cool cool cool

I sight you T-Dan..longtym sir
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
Larrysun !!! Please i need ur editing prowess here!!!
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by tmamuda(m): 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ur name shld be Endurance n Patience cos U show dat attribute. U knw it never last.

Need more...

Still wit U
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
tmamuda: Ur name shld be Endurance n Patience cos U show dat attribute. U knw it never last.

Need more...

Still wit U

Thanks so much bro.....scribling this down brings tears to my eyez....best to come!
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by tmamuda(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
marioking:

Thanks so much bro.....scribling this down brings tears to my eyez....best to come!

Can smell dat bro. Also feel ya pain.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by LarrySun(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
marioking: It was on Wednesday afternoon, freshly back from school and had just finished munching my morsel of Eba. (1. This is not a complete sentence; after '...morsel of Eba', the next punctuation should be a comma, not a full stop. What you wrote is not only grammatically faulty but also lacks complete statement; what really happened on Wednesday afternoon? We don't know; the statement leaves us hanging. Please rewrite: 'It was a Wednesday afternoon, freshly back from school and had just finished dining on a plate of eba, when... *take note of the comma and the adverb thereafter, then fill up the void. Also, notice the lower case and the italics in the word; 'eba' must be in italics because it's not an English word, and neither is the word a proper noun*)

“You need to be quick with the picking of those beans (apply a comma here) Tuyil(apply a full stop here)” fired in my Grandmother(apply a comma here)Racheal.

“Okay (apply a comma here)ma(apply a full stop here)” I retorted. Then my mind drifted back to my escapades in school today.

Today was unusually my happiest day in secondary school and I am (was) currently in Senior Secondary School one (SSS-1).

“Tuyil (apply a comma here)please can you explain this simple equation to me today(apply a question mark here)” asked Funmi(apply a comma here)my girlfriend, (There should be a full stop here instead of a comma)

I simply answered no because I was feeling playful and joyful today even though the cause was unknown to me.

To some of my classmates, I was the second teacher in nearly every subject(apply a comma here)except Mathematics(apply a comma here)to some of my classmates (Kindly delete bolded) due to my brilliancy, but today was an exception. I have (had) up to four of them already because I was too immersed in many pranks.

I have (had) been unusually punished three times today for making noise during lectures and this came as a surprise to my entire classmate but who care? (Please remove)

“When will you finish picking those beans(apply a question mark here) Abi u don’t know that it’s getting dark already (apply a question mark here)” asked my grandma with a spank on the head that woke me up from my dream on the head (delete).

“I am almost through” I replied with a grudge(apply a full stop here)

“You better be(apply a full stop here)” retorted her (she).

All of a sudden, I saw our church Reverend accompanied by some elders trotting into our house to break a news that would forever shaped (shape) my life.
Rough review.

1 Like

Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by D9ty7(m): 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
And the master of that language called english is here.
LarrySun: Rough review.

1 Like

Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by tmamuda(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Waiting we are.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2014
LarrySun: Rough review.

Thanks so much i will get it done ASAP
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 29, 2014
tmamuda: Waiting we are.

I am sorry for keeping you waiting my bro.........to be honest with you i contemplated quitting this stories because it brings back some painful memories....but i tink i need to share it with you people to lessen the burden

1 Like

Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2014
I got to Ekiti on that very day which happened to be Tuesday though it was getting late in the evening, I was glad for my homecoming but also sad for the circumstances warranting it. After greeting my Grandma and briefing her on the situation of her son in Lagos, I dashed off to my maternal home to see my Mummy who they said has been sick.

The condition I met her reduced me to tears. It was my sobbing that woke her up from her sleep.

“Mummy, could this be you for Christ sake?”

“Yeah it’s me.” she responded with a faint smile.

Though she wasn’t that robust before, she wasn’t that slim either, but she has gotten so frail and weak that I barely recognized her lying down on a mattress in her room.
“I have been waiting for you these days so that I can get well” she continues her statement.

“Waiting for me?” I asked her in perplexing

“Yeah, because you are everything to me.” she replied me with tears in her eyes. I was confused of this statement but now that I am a little bit older I can now understand her better.

I moved closer to her and lifted her up so that she can rest her head on my laps. I asked her tearfully “But why didn’t they take you to the hospital?”

“No I don’t want that, I prefer to go as peaceful and calmly as I could.” she gave me the reply panting and gasping for breath.

“I am sorry, please take it easy” kissing her forehead amidst tears. But I kept wondering where she is referring.

“And Kay doesn’t tell me it’s up to this now.”

“I personally instructed him not to, so as for you to concentrate with your Uncle over there.” Such was the large heart of my caring Mummy; even in her own critical and deteriorated state when she needed me most, she still care enough for someone else.

“Kay shouldn’t have hidden this from me.” I insisted, “And you yourself should not have forbid him.”
“What drug have you taken and what is the nature of the sickness?” I put the question to her but she couldn’t answer anymore because she was exhausted and tired.

I broke down into uncontrollable tears and gently put her head down on the pillow. My grandmother comforted me that all will be well and she has been responding to treatment lately. I wonder what kind of responding is that, since she was put in home care.

I rose to go and looked back at the door to bid her goodnight that I will be back early the following morning, she fluttered her eyes open and said, “Goodnight my son, don’t make mistake and I love you.” And with that, my Mother spokes to me for the last time.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Jennydoris(f): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2014
Hmmmm!
Am so short of words.
Destiny, indeed has a way of dealing with us.
Sorry I have not been following all this while.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2014
Jennydoris: Hmmmm!
Am so short of words.
Destiny, indeed has a way of dealing with us.
Sorry I have not been following all this while.

You are welcome my dear sister
The whole story makes me believe that Destiny is not fixed and can be re-written!!!
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2014
I couldn’t sleep that night, my mind kept going back to the condition I met and left her. I kept asking myself maybe if I were around it wouldn’t have escalated to this state; I kept on blaming myself for staying long in that cursed Lagos and staying for long in that slavery caring for someone else whereas my own very Mother deserves more care than anyone at that particular time.

Unknown to me, she has been battling with leukemia, and she wouldn’t tell anybody since the Doctor have told her that there is slim chance of survival for her. I later saw the result when she has died and we were packing her belongings.

That night I did what I haven’t done for almost a year, I prayed! And I ask God to please spare her and also forgive me for coming to Him only in my time of trial.

Around three o’clock in the morning I drifted into sleep. I couldn’t go to her the following morning because I can’t bring myself to face the agony she was into, so I laid down behind closed door in my room until evening when I heard a knock on my door.

“Please wait for me I am coming.” I said to the person as I hurriedly stand up to dress up.
It was Funmilayo. “Ah aha”, I exclaimed and hugged her and clean my tears with the back of my palm.

“How was your journey?”

“It was fine, and by the way how on earth do you know I was around?”

“Never mind” but seeing the curiosity written in my face she continues “It is Oyegbenga your friend that told me this afternoon”.

“Okay”. I could remember that Oyegbenga was there when I alighted yesterday evening and baring him, none of my friend knew I was around.

“Tuyil what happened? You look like someone that has been crying all day.”

“Nothing, it’s just that I have been weak due to the fatigue of my journey”

“Hmmm…I know it’s because of your Mummy. Don’t worry she will be well” she said reassuringly and for the moment I forgot the matter.

She broke the silent some minutes later and asked about my admission processing.

“I am working on it.” I lied to her so that she won’t know that I have been serving as houseboy in Lagos for the past eight months and I haven’t opened a book since then.

“I have gained admission to University of Ado and we will resume by June.” She informed me amidst joy and laughter. I felt happy for her and we continue to discuss till it was dark before I saw her off to her house.

I noticed some changes in Funmilayo that day that were unusual, but I thought it might be because it has been long that we see each other last. I decided against going to see my Mummy that night and that decision stood out to be my greatest regret because had I go there, i might have been able to hear her last wishes.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by tmamuda(m): 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
marioking:

I am sorry for keeping you waiting my bro.........to be honest with you i contemplated quitting this stories because it brings back some painful memories....but i tink i need to share it with you people to lessen the burden

Be Strong cos God Comfort n Strenghten U for U to do dsame to others. U ve all cause to give Him praise. U re a VICTOR.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2014
Good morning fans of My story, My life, i would have updated you yesterday but i was banned yesterday by AntispamBot.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2014
tmamuda:

Be Strong cos God Comfort n Strenghten U for U to do dsame to others. U ve all cause to give Him praise. U re a VICTOR.

Tanks my bro....how was your night?
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2014
I couldn’t sleep that night, my mind kept going back to the condition I met and left her. I kept asking myself maybe if I were around it wouldn’t have escalated to this state; I kept on blaming myself for staying long in that cursed Lagos and staying for long in that slavery caring for someone else whereas my own very Mother deserves more care than anyone at that particular time.

Unknown to me, she has been battling with leukemia, and she wouldn’t tell anybody since the Doctor have told her that there is slim chance of survival for her. I later saw the result when she has died and we were packing her belongings.

That night I did what I haven’t done for almost a year, I prayed! And I ask God to please spare her and also forgive me for coming to Him only in my time of trial.

Around three o’clock in the morning I drifted into sleep. I couldn’t go to her the following morning because I can’t bring myself to face the agony she was into, so I laid down behind closed door in my room until evening when I heard a knock on my door.

“Please wait for me I am coming.” I said to the person as I hurriedly stand up to dress up.
It was Funmilayo. “Ah aha”, I exclaimed and hugged her and clean my tears with the back of my palm.

“How was your journey?”

“It was fine, and by the way how on earth do you know I was around?”

“Never mind” but seeing the curiosity written in my face she continues “It is Oyegbenga your friend that told me this afternoon”.

“Okay”. I could remember that Oyegbenga was there when I alighted yesterday evening and baring him, none of my friend knew I was around.

“Tuyil, what happened? You look like someone that has been crying all day.”

“Nothing, it’s just that I have been weak due to the fatigue of my journey.”

“Hmmm…I know it’s because of your Mummy. Don’t worry she will be well” she said reassuringly and for the moment I forgot the matter.

She broke the silent some minutes later and asked about my admission processing.

“I am working on it.” I lied to her so that she won’t know that I have been serving as houseboy in Lagos for the past eight months and I haven’t opened a book since then.

“I have gained admission to a University in the state and we will resume by June.” She informed me amidst joy and laughter. I felt happy for her and we continue to discuss till it was dark before I saw her off to her house.

I noticed some changes in Funmilayo that day that were unusual, but I thought it might be because it has been long that we see each other last. I decided against going to see my Mummy that night and that decision stands out to be my greatest regret because had I go there, i might have been able to hear her last wishes.

1 Like

Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Thanks to God I have just been unbanned.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
FRIDAY

I woke up today feeling kind of nervy and I couldn’t explain the reason behind it. Fortunately, Tope, my old classmate was with me that day. He suggested we go to a farm and whine away the time there.

“My mind is with my mummy today, I think I need to go and see her. I can’t keep avoiding her all in the name of avoiding her agonies.” I said plucking an orange from the tree.

“I thought as much.” He responded and came down from the tree. We started for home immediately.

“Let me cut this tree and use it for chewing stick”

“I can’t laugh o, a Lagosian like you still uses chewing stick?” Tope asked me jokingly.

“Why not? At least they sell it on Lagos streets.” I said to correct his notion about Lagos. “Anyway let us hurry so that we can get home on time.” I said as we hurried back home.

As we were approaching my house, I caught the glimpse of Kay, my cousin. Tope sensed this and tried to divert my attention to another thing.

“Tuyil, you won’t believe that this primary school building over there is the best in the state.” He pointed out the school and I smiled. Unknown to me he has seen some people crying at the other side of the house.

We got to the house and almost immediately one of my relatives broke the news to me that my Mummy died early this morning!

I discovered that I have gotten used to crying and I found it difficult to shed a tear! All I could do was laughing hysterically throughout the burial. My relatives became suspicious and asked me maybe I was alright but I told them that nothing is wrong with me.

After the burial, I became so lean and frail because I could not eat. I resigned into my shell and would refuse to come out for almost a week. Both grandmas tried their possible best to cheer me up but all to no avail.
The stroke that broke the camel’s back came the following month when I received a letter from Funmilayo and it reads:

Dear Tuyil,
With deep sense of regret I am writing this letter to you. I just want to tell you that I won’t be able to continue with our relationship.
The reason is simple, as you yourself know already that nearly anybody that loves you dies prematurely and I don’t want to die now.
Pls I am very sorry.
Yours Funmilayo
N.B. I still loves you.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Is it true that I am responsible for those deaths? I asked my rhetorically. This shattered my heart more because its Funmilayo that has been my source of comfort for the time being.
It all changed one day when one of my friends came to our house and introduced me to drugs.

“This is weed naw, I no fit take am.” I said absentmindedly.

“Just take am, e go make you forget wetin don happen.” He said reassuringly. And with that I gave in to peer-pressure and started taking drugs.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by tmamuda(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
Weldone.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
hmmmm every updqte is a touching one God guy u really are a strong fella
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by jaymomma(f): 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nice story cooking here
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 01, 2014
tmamuda: Weldone.

Thanks my brother and Hapi new month and Independence day!
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by tmamuda(m): 7:30am On Oct 01, 2014
marioking:

Thanks my brother and Hapi new month and Independence day!

Same to U.
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 01, 2014
snowprince07: hmmmm every updqte is a touching one God guy u really are a strong fella

those are just summary of those experiences!...hence my popular saying that ''We are all born thesame way but not brought up thesame way''

Hapi new month and independence day SNOWPRINCE07

1 Like

Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2014
jaymomma: Nice story cooking here

Its not just a story but an experience of a Nairalander!
Hapi new month and Independence Day
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2014
jaymomma: Nice story cooking here

Hapi new month and Independence Day!
Re: My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) by jaymomma(f): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
marioking:

Hapi new month and Independence Day!

For real?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.