Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner (854 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. / Marriage: What Part Of The Bed Should A Man Sleep On (right Or Left) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by clemigho(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
During the weekend I paid a visit to a friend of mine & while there, a cousin sister of his came to break the news of her coming wedding. This conversation came up between them:
Cousin Sister (CS): Big bros am actually here to inform u dat me & my fiance, we are taking our relationship to d next stage which is marriage & we are planning visiting both of our parents to do the needful & choosing of date for our wedding.
My Guy (MG): Really! this is a good news, congrats.
CS: Thanks
MG: hmm... my sister hope both of u are really set to embark on this journey
CS: haba! big bros... yes of course we are more than set.
MG: well am asking base on experience as a married man... by the way 've you both answered some of the important questions about marriage?
CS: big bros abeg na wish questions be important questions of marriage...
MG:okay... have u asked your fiance of what he will do if all of your offspring's happens to be one kind of sex... say girls?
CS: no we never discussed such probability
MG: what of if your union have delayed child bearing or no issue at all?
CS God forbid... bros are you wishing me bad & why are u being negative
MG: am not wishing you bad nor being negative but this are some of the realities & eventuality of marriage.

So back to my topic, please fellow nairalanders, especially the experienced married ones & marriage counselors, what are the questions one need to ask his/her intending life partner before getting married.
I really want to learn so do others who are yet to marry like me.
Thanks.
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by Unionised(m): 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
BRB

Questions of Life....

How could they not have discussed and agreed on such ALL IMPORTANT issues.

Seriously, intending couples should ensure they have proper understanding of what each party wants out of the marriage.

This is to avoid future friction. It's even better to have a signed document stating their agreements.

For example, before I married my wife, we both agreed that she would give me 11 Boys.

As an avid supporter of the following clubs:
Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U Liverpool, Mancity, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletico, Bayern, Borussia D, and PSG, I will ensure that each of my sons play for one of these clubs.

We are currently on the 4th son.

Any girl she gives me in-between will join the SUPER FALCONS.
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by ideyhere(f): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
waiting patiently...
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by Kanwulia: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
Instead of asking questions. . . .
Look at his/her academic, social and financial accomplishments.
The family background will tell you all you need to know.
Simple! kiss

I don't bother asking questions. What I need to know are in YOUR ACTIONS AND HOW YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE! kiss
You can't fake those! kiss
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by clemigho(m): 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
Unionised: BRB

Questions of Life....

How could they not have discussed and agreed on such ALL IMPORTANT issues.

Seriously, intending couples should ensure they have proper understanding of what each party wants out of the marriage.

This is to avoid future friction. It's even better to have a signed document stating their agreements.

For example, before I married my wife, we both agreed that she would give me 11 Boys.

As an avid supporter of the following clubs:
Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U Liverpool, Mancity, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletico, Bayern, Borussia D, and PSG, I will ensure that each of my sons play for one of these clubs.

We are currently on the 4th son.

Any girl she gives me in-between will join the SUPER FALCONS.
lolz... ur wife na baby-making machine grin
but u make sense.
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by clemigho(m): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
ideyhere:

Op are you dating somebodyelse's husband? undecided
babe am a Man & I no be gay
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by raumdeuter: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Key Questions:
What is your name

Who fine pass Ini Edo or Tonto Dike?

What is your mileage?
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by drestoneokuta(m): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
If you like ask am all the question wey dey dis world, the most important question you need to ask a girl BEFORE you marry her is "WILL U MARRY ME?" Which other question wan important pass that 1?

Well what I believe is that there should be sacrifises and understanding between the 2 parties, most scenerio u may ask her b4 marriage may not play out.
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by ideyhere(f): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
clemigho:
babe am a Man & I no be gay

Sorry I realized that...that's why I modified the post
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by clemigho(m): 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
ideyhere:

Sorry I realized that...that's why I modified the post
apology gladly accepted wink
Re: Before Marriage, What Questions Should You Ask YOUR Partner by ideyhere(f): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
clemigho:
apology gladly accepted wink

Tanku kiss

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Gets Sacked From The Job She Hasn't Gotten / Parents Please Preview (pirated) Children Movies Before The Kids Watch Them. / Can Young Allow Your Wife Wear This On Your Wedding Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.