Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,240 members, 7,825,927 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

High performance Cars info Zone - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High performance Cars info Zone (3203 Views)

Car Mileage And Engine Performance / Euro/American Vs Asian Cars (Reliability, Durability & Performance) / Hybrid Cars In Nigeria - Assessment, Performance & Maintainance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thread for potential buyers of sports /high performance cars to ask about price, pictures and specs of his or her respective car brand. Auto dealers are highly welcome! By the way, "trolls" are not allowed
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by sultaan(m): 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Can you please inform us on what you consider a sport car the view of the industry might be different from views of Nigerians.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
sultaan: Can you please inform us on what you consider a sport car the view of the industry might be different from views of Nigerians.
let's put it like this; HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
ZeusAyo: let's put it like this; HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS

That's a rather vague, and dare I say evasive response. An Audi S8 Quattro is a high-performance car. Does that make it a Sports Car?

Unless you're not sure yourself?

2 Likes

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Siena:

That's a rather vague, and dare I say evasive response. An Audi S8 Quattro is a high-performance car. Does that make it a Sports Car?

Unless you're not sure yourself?
that's ץ I changed it to "high performance cars"
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
Oga Siena, I thought S8 is a high performance sports sedan? grin

OP, give us examples o fwhat you mean since I think we're mostly confused still.

Is Corvette in, any AMG sedan out, the elusive Charger/Challenger is that out? I mean it has a HEMI, allegedly? grin
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
CityNG: Oga Siena, I thought S8 is a high performance sports sedan? grin

OP, give us examples o fwhat you mean since I think we're mostly confused still.

Is Corvette in, any AMG sedan out, the elusive Charger/Challenger is that out? I mean it has a HEMI, allegedly? grin
anything sporting Λ v6 engine upwards that's what I mean or do we have any 4cylinder high performance vehicle? And why siena like dey tackle me?
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
ZeusAyo: anything sporting Λ v6 engine upwards that's what I mean or do we have any 4cylinder high performance vehicle? And why siena like dey tackle me?

Yes we do.

You know, for someone who is going to "learn" us things, you shouldn't be asking these question o.

Lotus Espirit
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Any of the 4 cylinder jobs above will beat the V6 below to an inch of their lives

Pontiac Firebird
Chevrolet Camaro
Ford Mustang
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 10, 2014
ZeusAyo: anything sporting Λ v6 engine upwards that's what I mean or do we have any 4cylinder high performance vehicle? And why siena like dey tackle me?

So I guess a Toyota sienna is a high performance car?
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 6:12am On Sep 10, 2014
greenhulk:

shocked shocked shocked
anything sporting a v6, Like you mentioned earlier?? Hmmm. Maybe he needs to rest for a while, after virtually racing too hard... undecided

2 Likes

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 7:02am On Sep 10, 2014
greenhulk:

Your head is there, after all he mentioned V6 as a prerequisite, so the toyota sienna is a high performance car
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2014
yungboss:
shocked shocked shocked
anything sporting a v6, Like you mentioned earlier?? Hmmm. Maybe you need to rest for a while, after virtually racing too hard... undecided

grin
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 10, 2014
yungboss:
shocked shocked shocked
anything sporting a v6, Like you mentioned earlier?? Hmmm. Maybe he needs to rest for a while, after virtually racing too hard... undecided
lipsrsealed BWAHAHAHAHA I can't hold it any more grin
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
CityNG:
Yes we do.
You know, for someone who is going to "learn" us things, you shouldn't be asking these question o.
Lotus Espirit
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Any of the 4 cylinder jobs above will beat the V6 below to an inch of their lives
Pontiac Firebird
Chevrolet Camaro
Ford Mustang
First off, am not ''teaching'' as I know you implied but trying to ''acquire'' info and concerning those v4s you mentioned my guess s they have been heavily modified because unless the drivers of the camaro or mustang are pu55ies undecided undecided, i dont see how the evolution would beat them.
greenhulk:
its not a performace car but can be fine tuned into one and stop trying to twist my word, you know what i mean by HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS cheers!!!
yungboss:
shocked shocked shocked
grin grin wink
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
ZeusAyo: First off, am not ''teaching'' as I know you implied but trying to ''acquire'' info and concerning those v4s you mentioned my guess s they have been heavily modified because unless the drivers of the camaro or mustang are pu55ies undecided undecided, i dont see how the evolution would beat them.its not a performace car but can be fine tuned into one and stop trying to twist my word, you know what i mean by HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS cheers!!! grin grin wink

There's no such thing as a V4 and all those comparison are based on stock cars.

Go and read up on the evolution and then come back to class to answer some questions.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
CityNG:

There's no such thing as a V4 and all those comparison are based on stock cars.

Go and read up on the evolution and then come back to class to answer some questions.
okay am back!
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by abatically(m): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
ZeusAyo: First off, am not ''teaching'' as I know you implied but trying to ''acquire'' info and concerning those v4s you mentioned my guess s they have been heavily modified because unless the drivers of the camaro or mustang are pu55ies undecided undecided, i dont see how the evolution would beat them.its not a performace car but can be fine tuned into one and stop trying to twist my word, you know what i mean by HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS cheers!!! grin grin wink

A Toyota sienna v6 is not faster than a Honda accord I4. Some i4's are faster than some v6 even with stock engine. I can tell u that a 2001 vw golf iv 1.8T with 1.8L i4 and 178hp is faster and better performance car than a 2001 Toyota sienna with 3.0L v6 and 210hp.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
abatically:

A Toyota sienna v6 is not faster than a Honda accord I4. Some i4's are faster than some v6 even with stock engine. I can tell u that a 2001 vw golf iv 1.8T with 1.8L i4 and 178hp is faster and better performance car than a 2001 Toyota sienna with 3.0L v6 and 210hp.
I beg to differ on that sienna and accord. The accord is not a sport car, if you put the i4 accord and v6 sienna 2001 model together, the sienna will dust the accord, it has only 15xhp or less, torque is not that good and the RMP of the sienna is wider than the accord of that same year.

The golf will beat both cars because that engine configuration I guess is turbocharged also the GOLF is built for racing and performance every tom dick and harry knows that
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Denn(m): 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:
Your head is there, after all he mentioned V6 as a prerequisite, so the toyota sienna is a high performance car

You don start... sienna high performance ke? Only for transporting passengers from ojota to abuja....
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Denn:

You don start... sienna high performance ke? Only for transporting passengers from ojota to abuja....
Denn you have come here to stalk me again, LOL. He said v6 engines as criteria for high performance better put ur sport trac, but don't try to include the Rio it is just a box on wheels. Lol
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:
I beg to differ on that sienna and accord. The accord is not a sport car, if you put the i4 accord and v6 sienna 2001 model together, the sienna will dust the accord, it has only 15xhp or less, torque is not that good and the RMP of the sienna is wider than the accord of that same year.

The golf will beat both cars because that engine configuration I guess is turbocharged also the GOLF is built for racing and performance every tom dick and harry knows that
put it like this the accord would accelerate and reach its top speed faster but when the sienna starts kicking, na dusting get the acCord
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Denn:

oga denn welcome sir
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:

The Golf GTI was never built for "racing". I will entertain that the Golf R may have VWs racing heritage.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
CityNG:

The Golf was never built for "racing".
I don't mean actual track racing, the kind of racing I mean is performance wise (you could actually think it is a small car but underneath is power).
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:
I don't mean actual track racing, the kind of racing I mean is performance wise (you could actually think it is a small car but underneath is power).
like Λ rally right?
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by yungboss(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:

the Siena will have the edge in some aspects of acceleration, but the accord will ultimately be faster...what's the power to weight ratio of both cars,that matters alot,drag coefficient and other factors would come to play.

1 Like

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
nurey:

I stand by my statement which never mentioned track racing. The VW Golf GTI, while a top performer is not a high performance car. There are other factory variants of the GTi, like the R, that are race inspired.

Have you owned a VW Golf? I have and I don't mean on EA Street Racing either.
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
ZeusAyo: okay am back!

So which of the vehicles listed on both categories have you owned?

The Lancer hangs my Trans AM with a V8 out to dry.

I love the Trans AM for it's imposing presence and my Evo for the way it carves canyons.

Try to get perspective from real world experiences.

The Evo has a stock 300hp engine (260 advertised but many cars have more hp than advertised), it's a honest to God performance car. It ticks all the boxes for performance, Brembo brakes, fully adjustable suspension, fully adjustable AWD, recaro seats, etc, etc

Re: High performance Cars info Zone by ZeusAyo: 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
yungboss:
the Siena will have the edge in some aspects of acceleration, but the accord will ultimately be faster...what's the power to weight ratio of both cars,that matters alot,drag coefficient and other factors would come to play.
reverse is the case bro the accord would accelerate faster but the sienna would be faster
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
CityNG:

I stand by my statement which never mentioned track racing. The VW Golf GTI, while a top performer is not a high performance car. There are other factory variants of the GTi, like the R, that are race inspired.

Have you owned a VW Golf? I have and I don't mean on EA Street Racing either.
Nope I have never owned or driven one, but I have seen the Golf 3 and 4 in action1.6 and 1.8L. Engine

The one I love most is the. Golf 4 VR5 or is it VR6 forgotten once those backs moves closer to the ground, its speed speed speed.

EA street racing is the best especially when you are the MOST WANTED. Lol
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by nurey(m): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
yungboss:

I have actually tried this on thirdmainland bridge

I beat a i4 accord DC the sold in Nigeria version with the sienna, once I reached 130km/h I stopped accelerating the guy didn't even catch up to me, it was on 3rd mainland bridge, he had the upper not due to speed but moving inbetween lines if you tried that with the sienna the car wobbles at high speed changing lanes so during the quater mile of the bridge B4 getting to iyanoworo the bridge is kinda straight and it was free, I stepped on the gas, 80, 90, 100, 110 I came to par with him, 120 I was ahead, 130 he was straining to see my brake light until I turned to oshodi and he went straight.

Its a 4 cylinder accord DC not the V6
. Most people think the sienna is heavy 1998-2002 but it is just a slightly heavier camry
Re: High performance Cars info Zone by Readonee35L(m): 8:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is For GAZZUZ...... / Can You Advice Me To Buy Honda City 2011 / How Good Is The Honda Ridgeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.