Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,914 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Rejection Can Lower Your I.Q - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Rejection Can Lower Your I.Q (520 Views)

Rejection Can Lower Your I.Q (final Post) / Are Second Class Lower Graduates Still Relevant In Our Society? / Graduating With A Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejection Can Lower Your I.Q by insidifyguru: 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
Life deals us many blows. One of the most potent of these blows is rejection. As long as you are breathing, rejection will always be a given. Not everyone is going to like you. In fact, thinking that everyone is going to like you is the number one way to make sure you are far more hurt by rejection than you should.

Reject, from the Merriam-Webster dictionary, is defined as 'to refuse to accept, consider, submit to, take for some purpose, or use.

Rejection, and its accompanying feeling, is very real. To crystallize for you how real rejection is, an article in Psychology Today stated: "MRI studies show that the same areas of the brain become activated when we experience rejection as when we experience physical pain." The article also mentions that rejection can temporarily lower I.Q and inhibits the ability to think reasonably.

The bottom line is that rejection CAN produce powerful psychological and emotional reactions. Over time, hearing and feeling rejection can begin to chip away at self-esteem and self-confidence which can greatly, adversely affect your level of productivity at work and life.

So, with all of these facts about the reality that is rejection, how can one be able to go on?

To avoid lengthy posts, I've broken this post into two so as not to bore you to sleep. smiley Please watch this space for the concluding piece tomorrow.

Have a beautiful evening. #Insidify
Re: Rejection Can Lower Your I.Q by braine(m): 9:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tomorrow loun loun? Why not now? Don't worry, I'll google the article and help you post the remaining part.
Re: Rejection Can Lower Your I.Q by insidifyguru: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
braine: Tomorrow loun loun? Why not now? Don't worry, I'll google the article and help you post the remaining part.

Lol, you want it now Braine?
Re: Rejection Can Lower Your I.Q by braine(m): 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
insidifyguru:

Lol, you want it now Braine?

Yes please.
Re: Rejection Can Lower Your I.Q by insidifyguru: 10:51am On Sep 10, 2014
braine:

Yes please.

Please find in the part 2 just posted. Thank you. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Banking/finance Sector: What Skills Do I Need to be There? / Dangote's Aptitde Test For Senior Academy / Public Relations (PR) Professional Exams- Info, Lectures And Study Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.