Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:07 AM

Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles (50858 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / Stars Who Missed Out On World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by nijanigga: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
etebefia: Emmanuel Adebayor is not a nigerian (i wonder why people see him as a nigerian, probably because of his name) for the list i don't see any of them that nigeria is missing EXCEPT David Alaba..... Ooohhhh, ohh Alaba Market.
If Nigeria is a welcoming place, they will be rushing to play for Nigeria,alas god-father ism and politics. Has FIFA lifted the sanction on Nigeria? just asking.lol
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by easyelliot(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
All I could think of is we Nigerian men,, like foreign women well well.....

But seriously Alaba is the one that pains me he is a very good player, Adebayor is a close second.

I didn't see Fashanu on the list or Emanuel Olisadebe who played for Poland.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Laitesmart(m): 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Haaaahaaaa!!!!! What about Mario Danladi Balotelli and Luis Feyinmusu suarez? Ooooh!!!! U dont knw they are Nigerians too abi? Now you know... You can thank me later

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Bigzig(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hope they would have been more impressive if they were to play for the super eagles
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Yemimovich(m): 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=etebefia]Emmanuel Adebayor is not a nigerian (i wonder why people see him as a nigerian, probably because of his name) for the list i don't see any of them that nigeria is missing EXCEPT David Alaba..... Ooohhhh, ohh Alaba Market.[/quote) not because of his name..he is a Nigerian..just visit togo and see the number of Nigerians living there
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Lero15(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
etebefia: Emmanuel Adebayor is not a nigerian (i wonder why people see him as a nigerian, probably because of his name) for the list i don't see any of them that nigeria is missing EXCEPT David Alaba..... Ooohhhh, ohh Alaba Market.
Adebayor is a Nigerian by birth....his father is from Osun State.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by mikron(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
TrollMan: They did the right thing by ignoring Nigeria.
I'm Happy For Them.
which kind talk be dis?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by mikron(m): 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lilimax: So true!
The beautiful ones are not born... smiley
Nigeria is blessed with lots of talents.
exactly my sister
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Flygerian1(m): 10:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Well
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by daveP(m): 11:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
One thing is common wif them all.
None of them except oguchi has played more than 15 international games. Nedum still has a chance. They use you and sidetrack you. Gabby can testify. The English team keeps rotating strikers. Thus even Heskey had to step aside. Thats how they used david James and dumped him. Joe hart go hear am soon. If they played for Nig, their caps would have been much by now. Ask Victor Moses grin
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
mikron: which kind talk be dis?

Because Nigeria don't appreciate a talent when they see one.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Wisdytech(m): 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
It is wel............................
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by tigonana: 1:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Hmm dat small boy wey dey play for everton,ross barkely the guy good die and na naija guy.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by code11(m): 2:50am On Sep 12, 2014
Guy our Major problem is Politics spoiling our football
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by ddeola: 2:58am On Sep 12, 2014
All those who have represented Nigeria, apart from the pride of representing their fatherland what have they benefitted?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 12, 2014
You don't say! I've always thought he's portuguese
Kcinho: Another player we haven't approached is Tiago ilori. The Liverpool kid on loan to Bordeaux
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by YomaA(m): 6:49am On Sep 12, 2014
Emm ross barkley of everton has nigerian decendants too
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nmeri17: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2014
BlazeyJ: I only miss DAVID ALABA!!.. That guy is the best LB in the world.
His versatility is impeccable!, cos he plays CM or DM for Austria.. Massive talent missed.
Just imagining him with the #3 jersey.....

don't imagine him in a Nigerian Jersey. If he was raised here, chances are he won't turn out as good as he has
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by pek(m): 7:08am On Sep 12, 2014
etebefia: probably the mother and not the father. And that doesn't make him a nigerian.
then you don't know the rules of nationality! you are a citizen of a country if either of your parents is from that country. for FIFA, a lot of factors qualifies you to play for a particular country.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by iscom(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2014
And sterling the great in Liverpool is a Nigerian. Seriously am not joking.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 12, 2014
Thank you sir
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by severee(m): 8:34am On Sep 12, 2014
angry op you dey mad ni? where my name dey? SE still dey beg me till now to come play for them so better do the needful and look me up
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Kcinho(m): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2014
Phlegmwash: You don't say! I've always thought he's portuguese
His full name is Tiago Abiola Delfim Almeida Ilori. His father is English of Nigerian descent. So maybe with enough persuasion he can play for us. England is already trying to get him.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by ndidibabe(f): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2014
I remember there is a Nigerian guy that played for Italy against us ij a friendly. Can anyone remind me of his name?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by ndidibabe(f): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2014
I remember there is a Nigerian guy that played for Italy against us in a friendly. Can anyone remind me of his name?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 12, 2014
Bobbystanley: What about me?

I am born of Nigerian Parents but decided to play for India national team.

I wouldn't want to play for a clueless Coach like Keshi and play with a snail that calls himself Mikel Obi.
You're cracking me up I swear grin
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by raphy(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2014
its all in the name of money.money is the main reason they ,reject nigeria.but oneday they will come to invest it in nigeria.what goes around comes around.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by LajaLaba: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2014
raphy: its all in the name of money.money is the main reason they ,reject nigeria.but oneday they will come to invest it in nigeria.what goes around comes around.
Money is not the only thing u dumbie
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by youngbest(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2014
Most of these guys aren't even worth considering except Alaba, I think the fact we might loose them is what makes them exotic.

Seriously, its a choice most of these guys grew up in another place, had friends there, went to school, enjoyed social security and you expect them to abandon the country they owe all to and have lived all their lives, for one country their parents just happened to have ran away from and they personally know nothing about .

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by youngbest(m): 10:50am On Sep 12, 2014
ndidibabe: I remember there is a Nigerian guy that played for Italy against us in a friendly. Can anyone remind me of his name?

I think it's Angelo Ogbonna
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Chigold101(m): 11:47am On Sep 12, 2014
all these names u mentionedhere are not even contributing anything to football except for ALABA & ADEBAYOR. The rest are monumental failures...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals / Idah Peterside Welcomes Baby After 10 Years Of Marriage. Photo / Aaron Samuel: Mercy Eke Denies Having Sexual Affairs With Super Eagles Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.