Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles (50646 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / Stars Who Missed Out On World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Arsenate(m): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Angelo Ogbonna and David Alaba are the biggest lost for the country.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Lilimax(f): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
THUNDER4real: Nigeria will end their career, let them remain where they are.
undecided
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by bosun11(m): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
feyif: Just In Case It Makes Fp

fine babe...how re u
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by eruchboy(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
They are all good especally alaba,adebayor but please we dont need some who are flat footed players from division one england,we dont want another "MIKELis OBIlis" in the making.we dont want players crying nigeria have wrecked their careers after only playing 3 extra time mins in one friendly match they should just play for those foriegn teams
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Lilimax(f): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
mikron: medicine after death. btw we have other tallented players that have not been called up to the national team that are better than some of these guys u mentioned. naija is truelly blessed
So true!
The beautiful ones are not born... smiley
Nigeria is blessed with lots of talents.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by edo70: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
This goes to show that a counrry has to place much value in its citizens for them to equally to reciprocate in kind.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by feezy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
feyif: Just In Case It Makes Fp
whaooo
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by bosun11(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lilimax: undecided

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by jeeqaa7(m): 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
La la la. Alalalalalal alalalalalalal front page king heheheheheh
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
We only need 2 or 3 of them. The rest are liabilities!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by successking401(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ayaf hear
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by MsNas(f): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bobbystanley: What about me?

I am born of Nigerian Parents but decided to play for India national team.

I wouldn't want to play for a clueless Coach like Keshi and play with a snail that calls himself Mikel Obi.
Lmao. And then you woke up cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Reference(m): 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
I will have felt bad if they were top players. In a Nigerian shirt from a Nigerian camp coached by a Nigerian and warehoused by a Nigerian FA, I doubt if they will have turned out better than what we have now. There has always been this fascination with foreign born and bred talents but we've not seen a lasting impact. From the Reuben Agboola's to the chap that fractured his foot enroute Brazil 2014, they have been decent but not spectacular and certainly not worth the hype.

I think the category of players that have impacted the game most were those set of guys who left our shores early, unknown and unheralded but turned spectacular over time. The likes of Jay Jay, Richard Owubokiri, the late Sam Okwaraji and of course Victor Moses. This is the clutch of players we should be exploiting not necessarily the former.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by freemanbubble: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Apart from david alaba, the rest are everything but good! We are much better without them
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by nifton(m): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Na dis supa chicken wey play yestanite dem wan play for,my only worry is dat some gud players dia have been used and dumped by dia adoptive countries,not dat they switced allegiance.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by ibrhyme77(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Emmanuel Adebayor was rejected by Nigeria when he came to camp for one U-17 tourney.I av forgotten the year but the guy really wanted to play for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by edi287: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Well alaba was rejected in favor of grandpa edile for the u17...funny how no one knows where he is now.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by msmon(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
SB
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Johnnoo(m): 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nice work pal but what about Jordan Ibe

THUNDER4real: Nigeria will end their career, let them remain where they are.

Thanks a lot

@Feyif; You too like FP things
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by nifton(m): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
edi287: Well alaba was rejected in favor of grandpa edile for the u17...funny how now one knows where he is now.
U dnt mean it,buh dat edile was gud back then o,2007 under 17 world cup.
You made me remember coach Adeyemi Tella,make i no go sobber o.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
What about Olisadebe?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by asodeboyede(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Alaba all the way!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by lordsilver: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
chimeluiz: The ones we have now nkor...only David Alaba, Oguchi n Ogbonna would offer us anything better because we lack real quality at the heart of our defence

Meanwhile what has happened to Obafemi Martins that we pleaded with to play for Nigeria, where is he today in the super eagles n let us not mention Victor Moses who has declined steadily since his first game with the Super Eagles. What of Sone Aluko, Bright Dike, Leon Balogun and the list goes on...

Our problems are not the players alone, its the entire system, its not Just Keshi or Mikel angry its the entire system from Danagog (sports minister) down to the players meanwhile we also the fans have to share the blame too angry

#EnuffSaid

Well Said.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by gaetano: 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
@Op, Why my name no dey der na

For that I'm closing this thread.

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
TrollMan: They did the right thing by ignoring Nigeria.
I'm Happy For Them.
lol
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by Tchiman(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
If all of them were to play for nigeria,it will still make no difference cos I've nt seen the impact them made individually at various adopted countries
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by seankay(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
edi287: Well alaba was rejected in favor of grandpa edile for the u17...funny how now one knows where he is now.
Thanks, dat was what I was going to type. Austria reacted quickly and capped him when he was 17! What a loss
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by slap1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Most of them are really average players. What's Oguchi Onyewu doing on that list? He couldn't even feature well for a crappy AC Milan team.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles by abolem369(m): 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
etebefia: Emmanuel Adebayor is not a nigerian.
one of his parent is from Ejigbo! Ejigbo is in osun state! Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Returned To Kano Pillars – Ahmed Musa / Aaron Samuel: Mercy Eke Denies Having Sexual Affairs With Super Eagles Star / CAF Releases Shortlist Of Nominees For The African Player Of The Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.