Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention (1138 Views)

Free Me From DSS Detention – Nnamdi Kanu Begs Court.. / Nnamdi Kanu's Sister Says DSS Men Are Trying To Kill Her Brother In Detention / Banana Republic Of Nigeria - Missing Couple Found In Ogun Dss Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by henroe2k2(m): 7:32am On Sep 11, 2014
SXTY-FIVE days after an Islamic
cleric, Abdul Ganiyu Jumah and his wife, Muinat,
were reportedly abducted by unknown gunmen at
their residence, they were found at the detention
facility of the Department of State Services, DSS in
Ogun State.
The couple, who were residing at 27, Fagbemi
Street, Ijoko, in Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government
Area of the state, were declared missing after
unknown gunmen stormed their residence and
reportedly whisked the man and his pregnant wife
away at 3:am.
A family source, who spoke with Vanguard on
condition of anonymity said he received a call from
one Lukman Oketokun on Tuesday instructing him
to go to Abeokuta Headquarters of the DSS to see
the Deputy Director, Operations at 10:am the
following day.
The source further said the witness met with the
official who released the wife of the cleric.
The woman told Vanguard shortly after her release
that the DSS did not tell them their offence.
According to the woman, “they only released me
and are still detaining my husband without telling
us what our offence was.
“They only gave me a letter from a gynaecologist
who advised me to proceed to the hospital for
delivery.”
Attempt to get reaction from the DSS was
unsuccessful.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/missing-couple-found-ogun-dss-detention/
Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by Omexonomy: 7:57am On Sep 11, 2014
What is their offence as their will be no smoke without fire.

3 Likes

Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by talktimi(m): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2014
Omexonomy: What is their offence as their will be no smoke without fire.
if it was our police that took this action i wouldn't be surprised but DSS, make the couple search their conscience talk true
Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2014
talktimi: if it was our police that took this action i wouldn't be surprised but DSS, make the couple search their conscience talk true

I don't care.....DSS should arrest openly and let people know why they're being arrested!
Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by akpanoka: 8:18am On Sep 11, 2014
SSS no go arrest u for nothing.
Shebi no be that Ogun them d do rituals well well? Abi them folo ni?

SS no be mad people, make those people talk true

2 Likes

Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by idupaul: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2014
smartchoice:

I don't care.....DSS should arrest openly and let people know why they're being arrested!

The DSS are totally wrong , how do you arrest sombody for a whole 65 days secretly . Even if na Osama Bin Laden they should have let the world know the couple were in their custody .

2 Likes

Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by lakpalakpa: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2014
This is wrong!!

The SSS is fast losing it's reputation...

grin grin grin
Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by talktimi(m): 8:35am On Sep 11, 2014
smartchoice:

lets just see as the story unfolds sha
Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2014
talktimi: lets just see as the story unfolds sha

Anyway it unfolds no one should be kept behind bars without notifying their kinsmen.....is it not the same DSS that terrorists battled to standstill at their Natl HQs? Abeg free me.....even if they're murderers!
Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by gunuvi(m): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2014
idupaul:

The DSS are totally wrong , how do you arrest sombody for a whole 65 days secretly . Even if na Osama Bin Laden they should have let the world know the couple were in their custody .
by the time the DSS comes out to say what the man knows or is planning most of you will open your mouth. DSS operatives are well trained and knows how best to stall preplanned attacks.
Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2014
Agreed, the couple may not be innocent but the DSS can't just go about detaining people for months without even having the decency to tell them why. I think every suspect should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. Na so police own start o.
Re: Missing Couple Found In Ogun DSS Detention by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 11, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

(1) (Reply)

Opininon: The Problem Of Nigeria Today Is The Youth!!! / Stella Oduah Should Be Imprisoned. Look What She Did... / Fayose Sacks Ekiti LG Chairmen, Boards … Shuns Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.