Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Nigeria Politician Agree They Lack What It Takes To Survive Outside Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Politician Agree They Lack What It Takes To Survive Outside Politics (549 Views)

5 Things That Police Officers Do That Shows They Lack Proper Training / My Experience With The Police That Shows They Lack Basic Training / Igbos Are Noisy Exhibitionists & They Lack Humility And Quietness - Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Politician Agree They Lack What It Takes To Survive Outside Politics by ekaeme: 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nigeria: Return Back to PDP-Gov Aliyu Tells Defeated APC Senatorial Candidate

By Chinwendu Nnadozie
Minna — Governor Muázu Babangida Aliyu of Niger state has told the defeated Niger-East All Progressive Congress (APC) candidate and two time defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) Governorship candidate, Mr. David Umaru to retrace his steps from opposition forces back to the ruling PDP for him to succeed in his political adventures.

David Umaru cut his teeth politically in 2007 when he contested the Peopes Democratic Party (PDP) primaries but lost to late Alhassan Ahmed Gunna, a serving Permanent Secretary and anointed candidate of the then, Governor Abdulkadir Kure.

Governor Aliyu speaking at government house when he presented the certificate of return to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Niger-East Senator elect in last Saturdays' by-election, Dr. Shem Zagbayi Nuhu said he is appealing to Umaru to come back to the PDP fold.

"I am appealing to David Umaru to come back home to the PDP because his success is more in the PDP", Governor Aliyu said as he affirmed that the electoral fortunes of David Umaru will be better enhanced if he returns back to the PDP where he cut his political teeth.

Babangida Aliyu confessed that last Saturday's Niger-east senatorial by-election was the toughest electoral contest he has ever been involved in in his years of political career. He said, "Let him retrace his steps and come back home because that is where he started".

According to the Governor, "Since I began my foray into politics in 1983 as a fresher from school the last Saturday 30th August by-election which was concluded in supplementary election on 6th of September has been the toughest".

According to him, there was need for the PDP to put its house in order in the state, stressing that the experience in the last by-election has clearly shown that there are moles in the party that are working against the party's interest.

The worst enemies of the party are not from the opposition but, those who are sabotaging it from within, adding that some are doing it out of vengeance, greed and outright mischief, saying, "We must use this situation to learn a lot of lesson even though as a government we have done enough if we must be honest".

A visibly angry Aliyu relief all his Political Mobilization Officers (PMOs) of their duties and said, anybody interested in the past must apply just as he cautioned against selecting candidates by mere names and not on political weight capable of commanding followership.

"I hereby direct every PDP member elected or appointed to go back to their units, wards and local government councils to relate with their people for 2015. The truth is that, there must be a symbiotic relationship between the elected, appointed officials with the people".

Governor Aliyu also appealed to the party to henceforth only present candidates that has electoral values instead of impositions. "Let us bring in candidates that will win election".

Speaking earlier, Senator elect, Dr. Shem Zagbayi Nuhu warned PDP members to either shape up or lose 2015, warning that members of the party that are playing spoilers role within the party are playing with fire, explaining that should the party be voted out of power, most of them lacked what it takes to survive as opposition members.

"Some of us are taken our being in government from 1999 to date for granted but, I know some of us lacks skills to survive and will be hospitalized. The truth is that I always prefer to be a floor member of a wining party than the Presidential candidate of a losing party".

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria centenary Award Promo SCAM I GUESS. / The Cock-and-bull Story Of The Federal Government Over The Smuggled $9.3million / 4yr Old South/a Girl Found Alive In Synagogue Church Collapse Building Debris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.