Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan (19189 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Buhari Leaves Bokos To Chad But Sends Airforce Jets To The SS / We Can't Fight Boko Haram Alone: APC Defends Buhari's Trip To Chad, Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by ntyce(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Sheriff was there to cover his tracks.

Abati must be tired of all these denial speeches.
His existence in Aso rock will soon be denied too.

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jonathan keeps proving to the world that he remains clueless.

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by eluquenson(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nigerian govt can lie.
Walahi after Lucifer the next is our politicians, they tell lies too much.

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by sCun: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
sCun: looking a the pic below, it is 100% clear that Sheriff was part of the team WELCOMING Jonathan not part of the Presidential entourage. So the Presidency's version of him actually being in Chad before the is true.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1688634_eddee_jpeg1f1ac8353b0dae96fa690440fb5bbfa0

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by freshprincex49(m): 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Smartsyn: tolerance is all you need
of course! But it gets to a point where extreme tolerance becomes cowardice. Everything has its limits, tolerance inclusive. I am on the brink......para mode activated!
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by ideycraze: 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Abati has come again ,doing what he knows how to do best.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by klodike(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Bros the problem is u r leaving in the wrong part of town. 48hrs without light Show me picture or idontbelieveit
freshprincex49: What will they deny next? That the picture we all saw was photoshoped? Or that it was taken @ another event?..

I am slowly beggining to lose faith in this Government. How can people be so dumb and insensitive? Even if it were just for eye service, the presidency is supposed to distance itself from this man untill those allegations are cleared.

As I am typing this, my device will go off any moment because I've not had power supply for almost 48 hrs, yet somebody will tell me there is hope for this 'Hell' called Nigeria!

Leaders fail to understand that they will one day descend from the throne and give account of their actions! ......that day will surely come!
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by ITbomb(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Some people can be so bitterly dumb.
Sheriff was in Chad before Jonathan, he joined other Nigerians to welcome the president and was at the presidential office where he was received (second picture) and that is where he stopped.

During the main agenda, security meeting with the Chadian President, Sheriff was not involved.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by OLADD: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=mistudreh]This presidency can lie oooo... After everything don cast.
No be same Abati dey upload pic for twitter...[/

Can you guys show some decorum while speaking about your president? How will you feel if somebody insults your parents in like manner? A Special assistant to Modu Sheriff had issued a press statement dismissing Lai Mohammed's statement. Modu Sheriff had been in Chad before the President's visit. He is said to have business offices in that country. He only went to pay a welcome visit to his home president. Please you people should stop maligning the office of the president. Our free access to the internet should not be used as an excuse to become public nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by san316(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
I have a feeling that the FG is trying to experiment to find out whether Nigerians have functional brains or not. Within just two weeks, they have done many evidently clear things and later come out denying it expecting Nigerians to concur. This is sad. We have a lying government.

10 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by RockMaxi: 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Like my usual quote: "Never believe anything until it has been officially
denied."--Otto von Bismarck

Yes President you didn't travel with Sheriff, he is the one that came to meet you. Don't forget you both have official jet, yours is Presidential Jet while his is personal jet. grin

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by dustydee: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
sCun: looking a the pic below, it is 100% clear that Sheriff was part of the team WELCOMING Jonathan not part of the Presidential entourage. So the Presidency's version of him actually being in Chad before the is true.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1688634_eddee_jpeg1f1ac8353b0dae96fa690440fb5bbfa0
The question then should be in what capacity was he invited to sit at the "meeting" between the Chadian president and the Nigerian president?

12 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Akalia(m): 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
News reportage has become a joke in Nigeria, the media makes matters worst by dancing to the tunes of political forces coupled with their sheer incompetence of non-investigative journalism.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by olapluto(m): 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
He's supposed to be under SSS investigation, but somehow he's there in Niger and rolling with our president. Evidently present in the meeting for the cameras.
So what our president is trying to say is: He was only with us in public, he didnt take part in the private meeting?
Liar

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by OLADD: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
san316: I have a feeling that the FG is trying to experiment to find out whether Nigerians have functional brains or not. Within just two weeks, they have done many evidently clear things and later come out denying it expecting Nigerians to concur. This is sad. We have a lying government.
[color=#006600][/color]

Please talk about what you know. That picture does not necessarily mean Modu Sheriff was on entourage with the president. The special assistant to Module Sheriff had just issued a press release dismissing Lai Mohammed's statement. Sheriff had been in the country as a businessman in Chad .He only went to pay homage to his home president. He did not travel with Jonathan to Chad. Stop been fooled by Lai Mohammed and his propagandist APC!

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by MARKone(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jona..

9 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Djicemob: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Spot on bro.Its clear for all to see.

Still waiting for the janjawe3dians to mention themselves. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by arresa: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
misterh: What an unconvincing lie. So even them in a room together was him welcoming GEJ. Feck you very much.

In the same room with interpreter behind him translating their conversation. It's possible to overlook the airport welcoming lie, but the pic of both in the same room and interpreter sounds way too hard to swallow...

Sad to know the chief law enforccement officer of the federal repiblic of Nigeria is a pathetic and needless lair...

11 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
denigma2: Was this photoshopped
I even watched this scene on NTA. May be he was trying to tell us they travelled separately
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
the moment I saw the picture of Sherrif and GEJ in Chad, I knew this country was in real deep brown stuff.

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by jeffizy(m): 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
Quote me: The President and his Numbskull assistants are MAD!!!
I have never in my life seen this alarming rate of stupidity in my entire existence!

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by arsetalks(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Never believe anything until it has been officially denied - Claud Cockburn

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by experimentist: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jona baba, I hail o

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by experimentist: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
EmmyBoy2: the moment I saw the picture of Sherrif and GEJ in Chad, I knew this country was in real deep brown stuff.
as eh, watery purged shits

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by arresa: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
olapluto: He's supposed to be under SSS investigation, but somehow he's there in Niger and rolling with our president. Evidently present in the meeting for the cameras.
So what our president is trying to say is: He was only with us in public, he didnt take part in the private meeting?
Liar

What SSS investigation? Hope you didn't believe that useless SSS political market woman and her lies...
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by OLADD: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]

My guy, you are really brilliant and reasonable. Modu Sheriff was not in the President's entourage. He had been in Chad as a businessman and he only went to pay a welcome visit to his home president. The special assistant to Sherriff has issued a press statement to that effect. It's obvious that some people have been brainwashed by Lai Mohammed and his alarmist party, the APC.

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by sufficientGrace: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
We have noted with surprise, the unnecessary hue and cry raised by the All Progressives Congress (APC) and other bigoted critics of the Jonathan Administration over the claim that the President is “hobnobbing” with the former governor of Borno State, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff who was recently accused by the Australian, Stephen Davis of being one of the chief sponsors of the terrorist group, Boko Haram. Continue...

The totally erroneous basis for that charge was the spurious claim that Senator Sheriff accompanied President Jonathan on his recent trip to Ndjamena as a member of his entourage.

Although Senator Sheriff himself has already given the lie to that claim through his Media Adviser, the Presidency wishes to affirm, for the purpose of emphasis, that the former Borno State governor was not on President Jonathan’s delegation to Chad.
In keeping with          President Jonathan’s commitment to transparency and openness in the conduct of government business, names of the key members of his delegation were announced a day before his trip to Ndjamena.
They included the National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.), the Minister of Communications Technology, Mrs. Omobola Johnson, the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Dr. Nurudeen Mohammed and the Director-General of National Space Research and Development Agency, Prof. Seidu Mohammed.
As can be easily verified from the complete list of members of the Presidential entourage to Chad which was also circulated on Sunday and never changed, Senator Sheriff’s name was not on it. The only other persons on the list were the President’s aides, security personnel and journalists.
The APC and others who rushed to condemn President Jonathan for a non-existent indiscretion would have found, if they took the least trouble to double-check, that there was absolutely no factual basis for their accusation.
Those who associate with Senator Sheriff know that he has longstanding interests in Chad and often spends a lot of his time there. He happened to be in Ndjamena at the time of President Jonathan’s visit and joined other Nigerian residents of the Chadian capital in coming to the airport to welcome their President.
That was the full extent of his participation in the visit and it was also at Ndjamena Airport that the pictures which formed the basis of the bogus allegation of President Jonathan hobnobbing with an “accused sponsor of terrorism” were taken.
The former Governor’s presence in Chad was certainly not at President Jonathan’s instance and he did not participate in any of the President’s discussions with President Idriss Deby or his other engagements in Ndjamena.
President Jonathan is fully aware of the allegation made against Senator Sheriff by Stephen Davis. That allegation is already being investigated by the security agencies who will make their findings known to the public in due course.
The President assures all Nigerians that he has not willfully taken any action that could prejudice the outcome of that ongoing inquiry.
He seizes this opportunity to reassure the nation once again of his total commitment to doing all within his powers to bring all identified and verified sponsors of terrorism to justice, and ending the menace of violent extremism in the country.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
Media & Publicity
September 11, 2014
Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by mistudreh(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=OLADD][/quote]
The fact that GEJ is the president doesn't mean we shouldn't condemn him whenever he is wrong... Let's stop being coward and say the truth. With this post of yours, you aren't helping the situation. This govt is getting used to telling lies.
The same thing happened concerning the #BringBackGoodluck campaign which was launched by Doyin Okupe...

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by korondo: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
freshprincex49: What will they deny next? That the picture we all saw was photoshoped? Or that it was taken @ another event?..

I am slowly beggining to lose faith in this Government. How can people be so dumb and insensitive? Even if it were just for eye service, the presidency is supposed to distance itself from this man untill those allegations are cleared.

As I am typing this, my device will go off any moment because I've not had power supply for almost 48 hrs, yet somebody will tell me there is hope for this 'Hell' called Nigeria!

Leaders fail to understand that they will one day descend from the throne and give account of their actions! ......that day will surely come!

seconded

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by ntyce(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
OLADD: [color=#006600][/color]

My guy, you are really brilliant and reasonable. Modu Sheriff was not in the President's entourage. He had been in Chad as a businessman and he only went to pay a welcome visit to his home president. The special assistant to Sherriff has issued a press statement to that effect. It's obvious that some people have been brainwashed by Lai Mohammed and his alarmist party, the APC.

So the picture showing him seated with Jona too lied abi??
Where was the Nigerian Ambassador to Chad? wasn't he supposed to occupy that seat?
Even if it was coincidental, reasoning suggests that a man under investigation shouldn't be seen smiling with the C in C and also attending a security meeting (where he's a key factor).

he probably was in Chad to do his usual business - buying harms and recruiting soldiers for BH.

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by san316(m): 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
OLADD: [color=#006600][/color]

Please talk about what you know. That picture does not necessarily mean Modu Sheriff was on entourage with the president. The special assistant to Module Sheriff had just issued a press release dismissing Lai Mohammed's statement. Sheriff had been in the country as a businessman in Chad .He only went to pay homage to his home president. He did not travel with Jonathan to Chad. Stop been fooled by Lai Mohammed and his propagandist APC!
It's not about APC or PDP. I don't care about political parties but what is commonsensically right. It was Abati that posted the pics and not APC. There is a second pic which shows sheriff seated with the two presidents. What's the denial for?

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Travel To Chad With Sheriff, Says Jonathan by OLADD: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Jonathan keeps proving to the world that he remains clueless.
[color=#006600][/color]

On the contrary, you and your similar dumb heads are the ones clueless. Some of you cannot stand and see your parents been so disparaged. If you care to know, Modu Sheriff was not in the president entourage. He only went to visit his own president. Stop spitting rubbish at your president.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Lose The Election, Accept Defeat – Jonathan Tells Tanzanian Politicians / Atiku Says INEC Refused To Release Documents Despite Collecting ₦‎6 Million / Buhari To Visit Bayelsa, To Commission Maura Airport Project In August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.