Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,875 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders (39660 Views)

List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / Top 12 People With Highest IQ In The World / All Time Top Ten People With Highest IQ Ever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by gbafched: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2014
Deo facts

2 Likes

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Donfamous(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2014
Lailerh: lol grin noo, he has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, an encephalopathy that damages the neuromuscular system
hmmm no scatter ma brain o. btw are u a doctor or doctor to be pls?
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2014
2. Terence Tao (IQ 225 - 230)
He was born on 17th July, 1975 in Australia. He has an IQ between 225 and 230. Being a mathematician, he specializes in harmonic analysis, partial differential equations, additive
combinatorics, ergodic Ramsey theory, random matrix theory, and analytic number theory.
He currently holds the James and Carol Collins chair in mathematics at the University of California, Los Angeles. He was a co-recipient of
the 2014 Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics.
He exhibited extraordinary mathematical abilities from an early age and knew basic arithmetic when he was 2 years old.
In 1986, 1987, and 1988, Tao was the youngest participant to date in the International Mathematical Olympiad, first competing at the
age of ten, winning a bronze, silver, and gold medal respectively. He remains the youngest winner of each of the three medals in the Olympiad's history, winning the gold medal
shortly after his thirteenth birthday.
At age 14, Tao attended the Research Science Institute. When he was 15 he published his first
assistant paper. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees at the age of 16 from Flinders University under Garth Gaudry. In 1992 he won a Fulbright Scholarship to undertake post graduate study in the United States. From 1992 to 1996, Tao was a graduate student at Princeton University under the direction of Elias Stein, receiving his Ph.D.at the age of 21. He joined the faculty of the University of California, Los Angeles in 1996. When he was 24, he was promoted to full professor at UCLA and remains the youngest
person ever appointed to that rank by the institution..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2014
Who bin measure Da Vinci IQ?undecided

21 Likes

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2014
Translation pls
Lailerh: lol grin noo, he has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, an encephalopathy that damages the neuromuscular system
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by LORDI(m): 10:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Nigerians supposed dey there na,our politicians have large iQ for money laundry and evading the law.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by yorex2011: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2014
Zedric:

See Ur mouth. As if u knew her b4 opening d thread.
bros i play chess a lot..also used d chessmaster series by ubisoft where you get to knw about many of these grandmasters.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Lailerh(f): 11:51am On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: hmmm no scatter ma brain o. btw are u a doctor or doctor to be pls?
Doctor to be, though not anytime soon cheesy
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Donfamous(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2014
Lailerh: Doctor to be, though not anytime soon cheesy
aspiring here also
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Lailerh(f): 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: aspiring here also
oh that's amazing
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Lailerh(f): 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Translation pls
a neurological disorder caused by the thickening of tissues in the spinal cord which tends to weaken organs like the limbs

3 Likes

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Donfamous(m): 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lailerh: oh that's amazing
thanks. But can I AV ur contacts to be ble to get some advice and guidelines from u?
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
See as the tin simple...I sabi am b4 na grin
Why u come make am be like JAMB tongue

Thanks tho
Lailerh: a neurological disorder caused by the thickening of tissues in the spinal cord which tends to weaken organs like the limbs

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by cooljoe(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
yorex2011:
gary ma real guy..
Gary Kasparov, best of d best
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by haryomikun(m): 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
iamsegsy: what about snoop dog ? I heard his IQ is about 200? isn't DAT true??
No ohh. Its actually 150. That's the exact IQ required for Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ †̥Φ be a genius
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
mrceo63: Intelligence along with street smarts is what is needed in today’s # world. Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is a measure, a score obtained from a test, measuring a person’s intelligence or how sharp their brain works. These tests are for certain areas like language fluency, 3 dimensional thinking, etc.
IQ scores are used as predictors of educational achievement, special needs, job performance and income. The average IQ of the population is 100 as many score between 70 and 130.
World’s 10 highest IQ holders are:..
10. Stephen Hawking (IQ 160)
Stephen William Hawking was born on 8th January, 1942 in United Kingdom. His IQ is 160.
He is devoted to the core fields of science and have worked on gravitational theorems in the
framework of general relativity, and many theoretical predictions on black holes stating that they emit radiations and known as hawking radiation. He attended Oxford University in 1959 when he was only 17 years old.
He was the first to explain the cosmology thesis by a union of the general theory of relativity and
quantum mechanics. He is a vocal supporter of the many- worlds interpretation of quantum
mechanics.
Stephen is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, a lifetime member of the Pontifical Academy of
Sciences, and a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom – the highest civilian award in the
United States.
He was also a professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge between 1979 and 2009.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by haryomikun(m): 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
fr3do: Were Nigerians tested?
We have some geniuses too o.

Maybe their world is N. America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Abi naw. One notable Nigerian philip emeagwali was called the father of modern computers due †̥Φ his reasearch on computers. He was publicly honored by President Geroge bush. Surprised he wasn't on this list tho

2 Likes

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by SpaceGoat: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
KillerBeauty: 1: me(iq 220)
grin
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Lailerh(f): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: See as the tin simple...I sabi am b4 na grin
Why u come make am be like JAMB tongue

Thanks tho
LOL grin You're welcome Buddy

2 Likes

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Lailerh(f): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: thanks. But can I AV ur contacts to be ble to get some advice and guidelines from u?
I might be the one who needs your help. I'm in the first year grin
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Donfamous(m): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lailerh: I might be the one who needs your help. I'm in the first year grin
is ur pm working? So I can send u one?
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by iamsegsy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
haryomikun:
No ohh. Its actually 150. That's the exact IQ required for Ɣơ̴͡u̶̲̥̅̊ †̥Φ be a genius
oh I see kiss
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by armadeo(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Has anyone wondered why no Nigerian nay African is on the list.

Let help you.

Our society does not allow the nurturing of talent. It does not reward excellence. Imagine a math prodigy born to a vulcaniser e in with his brilliance he would be chased away for school fees or no trans fare.

Do you know how many physicist are bike men today.its all about survival here.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by RockMaxi: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Where is 2 and 1, OP come and finish in time I'm loving the thread.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Coldfaya(m): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
Richiy: Sheldon Cooper in bbt. Lol.

Bazinga

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by watchthisposter(m): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2014

I got a headache just from reading that single sentence! angry

Seriously, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU DOCTORS!!

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Lailerh(f): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Watchthisposter, shocked sorry o. Aspirin or Bayer Bufferin Ecotrin no dey chemist? grin
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by spanzed(m): 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
I would get there someday
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2014
1. William James Sidis (IQ 250- 300)
He was born on April Fool's Day in 1898 in New York city. He became a strange combination of an April Fool and a 20th century genius vastly beyond common sentient
discernment.
His IQ was estimated to be between 250 and 300.
His parents, Boris and Sarah began their child's education in his first few months, and William's infant mind absorbed the
information at an extraordinary rate.
At six months, William uttered the word "door," and by the following month he had doubled his vocabulary to include "moon." At
eight months old, his proud parents boasted that he was able to feed himself with a spoon,
a skill that very few children develop within their first year.
By his first birthday-- an age when most children are still babbling-- he was honing his spelling skills. At one and a half years of age,
he was reading the daily newspaper.
His stunning accomplishments soon became a frequent feature on the first page of the New
York Times. He went to a grammar school at an age of 6 and graduated within 7 months.
At age nine William attempted to enroll at Harvard, and though the entrance exams were not a challenge for the young intellect, he was turned down on the basis that he was too "emotionally immature" for college life. He
went back to Harvard at an age of 11, graduated when he was 16.
In the meantime he continued to learn new languages, absorbing dozens of foreign tongues with ease, by the time he was adult,
he knew over 40 languages. He specialized in the field of mathematics. Sidis made a noble effort to avoid the public eye in his adult years.
He died in 1944 due to some brain damage and it was the same reason his father had
passed away.
Such was the end of the one-time prodigy..

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 13, 2014
I was ban by AntispamBot that was why i couldn't finish the posting on time...

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2014
RockMaxi: Where is 2 and 1, OP come and finish in time I'm loving the thread.
V done that.. i was banned by a softward wic tot i was creating a spam.. dnt knw where d spam came from! sorry for d delay!

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2014
Lailerh: a neurological disorder caused by the thickening of tissues in the spinal cord which tends to weaken organs like the limbs
wow! r u a doc..
My IQ is far way too much.. IQ 500+ measured by my computer... if i dey lie go nd ask .......? cheesygrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ABU Zaria Student Proposed To Colleague During NUGA 2022 In UNILAG / Hadiza Saddik-Mahuta Breaks Record In The UK After Bagging Distinction In Law / Snake Bite Kills Student Of IMT, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.