Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders (39701 Views)

List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / Top 12 People With Highest IQ In The World / All Time Top Ten People With Highest IQ Ever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:47am On Sep 14, 2014
How does one measure iQ? I Thot that concept was already outdated, anyway what questions were asked ? undecided
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by optimusprime2(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2014
There is this Nigerian lady who works with NASA, I remember her name now, Oluwatosin Helen Otitoju... she was said to have an I.Q of 175-190
Google her Bio for Clarity.
I also fink Chimamanda Adichie's I.Q is on the High Side, though its not been recorded.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by arsetalks(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Where am I on the list?
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by mstik(f): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2014
whoaaaa shocked shocked shocked
the nos. 1 guy though...
abeg anyone with iq 170-300 and above available for marriage grin grin

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2014
watchthisposter:

I got a headache just from reading that single sentence! angry

Seriously, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU DOCTORS!!

angry angry angry
its Latin don't blame her. All this vernacular go stop one day.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Allstar123: 8:56am On Sep 14, 2014
http://www.wwgtfy.com/?q=World%E2%80%99s+10+Highest+IQ+Holders
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by fadjnr(m): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2014
angry
WoodcrestMayor: Who bin measure Da Vinci IQ?undecided

na Wetin I be wan ask be that sef angry
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by falcon01: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2014
there must be a more mistake on this list cos I can't find my name or picture......

cry
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by sexylogan(m): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2014
isnt it funny that the worlds richest people and most powerful leaders dont have high IQs?

i guess being intelligent doesnt necessarily translate to Naira and Kobo...
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by presegsADESIDA(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2014
mrceo63: 5. Garry Kasparov (IQ 194)
He was born on 13th April, 1963 in Soviet Union, Russia. He has an outstanding IQ of 194. He is a Russian chess grand - master, a
former World Chess Champion, a writer and a political activist, considered by many to be the
greatest chess player. He began taking chess as a serious matter at an early age when his parents gave him a chess problem and he was able to propose a solution. He started his training at an age of 11.
He won his first championship which was Soviet Union Junior Chess championship, by the age of 13 years. In 1985 he won the first
title of world championship in Moscow by earning twelve and a half points. He officially retired from major chess tournaments, on 10th March 2005. He also played against and got defeated by a supercomputer opponent
that can calculate 200 million moves in every second.
Ha ha ha ha
Played with supercomputer?
Over-sabi spoilt his profile a little.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by obyrich(m): 9:18am On Sep 14, 2014
Lailerh: lol grin noo, he has Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, an encephalopathy that damages the neuromuscular system
Are by any means related to Patrick Obahiagbor? grin
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by isacolukay(m): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2014
I'll rather be a billionaire than get all the IQ that dont translate to shiiit.

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2014
cheesy grin cheesy
I no trust d guy result...1400's technique for wack dat time undecided
fadjnr: angry

na Wetin I be wan ask be that sef angry
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by sweetguy10(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2014
mrceo63: 7. Leonardo da Vinci (IQ 180 - 190)
Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was born on April 15, 1452, in Italy. He had an IQ between 180 and 190. He is often described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of “unquenchable
curiosity” and “feverishly inventive imagination”.
He was extremely talented and dedicated to his work specially art.
He did an informal education in Latin, geometry and mathematics. His first painting was a monster
spitting fire. His famous artworks are Mona Lisa, the Last Supper, and the Vitruvian Man.
He was skilled as a painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and
writer. Wow..
He died on May 2, 1519.

The brightest mind that ever walked the surface of the earth , followed by Albert Einstein

2 Likes

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by cgniyi(m): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2014
sexylogan: isnt it funny that the worlds richest people and most powerful leaders dont have high IQs?

i guess being intelligent doesnt necessarily translate to Naira and Kobo...

Yes nah!, cos all these "geniuses" are busy playing chess, solving advanced calculus or travelling to space - basically, sh*t that don't matter in the real world

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by sweetguy10(m): 9:59am On Sep 14, 2014

Me sef tire ooo nobody for this list reach the guy
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Reference(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2014
grin They are not money men so Nigerians are not interested.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by iriskiki(f): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2014
KillerBeauty: 1: me(iq 220)

In the words of my village people... I pray o... grin
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Superstar007(m): 10:07am On Sep 14, 2014
mstik: whoaaaa shocked shocked shocked
the nos. 1 guy though...

mstik: whoaaaa shocked shocked shocked
the nos. 1 guy though...

Wow! Actually, I have an I.Q of 3,760. Thats just an estimation by the way cos the machine that was measuring my I.Q malfunctioned when it got to 3500.
But before you proceed you must have at least half my I.Q. Then we are good to go.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by bknight: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2014
diiiiipo: From what I can see from the list, IQ doesn't buy wealth.

Its not meant to buy wealth. It earned them honor.

Or is/was any of them poor?
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by swtdrms(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2014
This is ojoro, i no gree, y african no go dey on dat list...@op, u beta correct this ur list or else...
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by iriskiki(f): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2014

Good question. No black people. Is that so?!
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by bknight: 10:14am On Sep 14, 2014
armadeo: Has anyone wondered why no Nigerian nay African is on the list.

Let help you.

Our society does not allow the nurturing of talent. It does not reward excellence. Imagine a math prodigy born to a vulcaniser e in with his brilliance he would be chased away for school fees or no trans fare.

Do you know how many physicist are bike men today.its all about survival here.

Imagine a law that prohibits qualified students from enrolment based on age. I think below 16 can't get into Universities.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by bknight: 10:22am On Sep 14, 2014
isacolukay: I'll rather be a billionaire than get all the IQ that dont translate to shiiit.

Unfortunately, all your billions don't mean shiiit to those guys.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by cassyrooy(m): 10:31am On Sep 14, 2014
mrceo63: 1. William James Sidis (IQ 250- 300)
He was born on April Fool's Day in 1898 in New York city. He became a strange combination of an April Fool and a 20th century genius vastly beyond common sentient
discernment.
His IQ was estimated to be between 250 and 300.
His parents, Boris and Sarah began their child's education in his first few months, and William's infant mind absorbed the
information at an extraordinary rate.
At six months, William uttered the word "door," and by the following month he had doubled his vocabulary to include "moon." At
eight months old, his proud parents boasted that he was able to feed himself with a spoon,
a skill that very few children develop within their first year.
By his first birthday-- an age when most children are still babbling-- he was honing his spelling skills. At one and a half years of age,
he was reading the daily newspaper.
His stunning accomplishments soon became a frequent feature on the first page of the New
York Times. He went to a grammar school at an age of 6 and graduated within 7 months.
At age nine William attempted to enroll at Harvard, and though the entrance exams were not a challenge for the young intellect, he was turned down on the basis that he was too "emotionally immature" for college life. He
went back to Harvard at an age of 11, graduated when he was 16.
In the meantime he continued to learn new languages, absorbing dozens of foreign tongues with ease, by the time he was adult,
he knew over 40 languages. He specialized in the field of mathematics. Sidis made a noble effort to avoid the public eye in his adult years.
He died in 1944 due to some brain damage and it was the same reason his father had
passed away.
Such was the end of the one-time prodigy..
Cow! Died the same way a #CHINA product blows up when overused.

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by popekay(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2014
I think Christopher Langan is also worthy of mention. He's reported to have an IQ between 195-210.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 14, 2014
oyeludef: our president suppose dey there na
guy were u on my mind?? I was thinking of him2 cheesy
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2014
cgniyi:

Yes nah!, cos all these "geniuses" are busy playing chess, solving advanced calculus or travelling to space - basically, sh*t that don't matter in the real world

This is an example of the very pathetic state of mind of many Nigerians. A good number of these greats are not even remotely interested in the meaningless struggle for wealth. Materialism is too dumb a notion to be accommodated in their minds. They are very contented with living decent lives and are highly respected in the community of intellectuals. By the way, without calculus, the efficient algorithms that run on the device used to make this post would likely have been impossible to analyze. Some of these guys and their kind have contributed immensely to civilization as we have come to know it;and this, to sane people, is what matters in the real world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 14, 2014
Why mama PEJ no deiy dia?? D woman don invent many words and sentences nah haba angry
Op I smell partiality oo are u sure APC no bribe u 2 remove her name tongue
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Slatemsk(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2014
Good thread,
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by firstolalekan(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2014
11, Me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adenike Oyetunde Who Lost Her Limbs To Cancer At 20 Becomes A Lawyer & OAP(pics) / I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education / ASUU Strike: Moment Soldiers Were Sent Away By Protesting OAU Students (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.