Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,915 members, 7,956,436 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:58 AM

World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders (40063 Views)

List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / Top 12 People With Highest IQ In The World / All Time Top Ten People With Highest IQ Ever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
sarutobie:
well it is your opinion so no qualms. .but being the first does not really mean being the best ever...Martin is just a genuis storyteller..I have read both books and I keep saying it, I dont believe martin wrote that book alone..I prefer Jackson' s interpretation of LOTR in the movies compared to how tolkien wrote it....HBO's game of thrones series pales in comparison to how Martin wrote it in the book..heck his descriptions are even more vivid than the movies.

Because Tolkien is so verbose
He rambles on and on about the flimsiest of details because he has a grand imagination.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Revolva(m): 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
the top guy na real freak....ooo kai..d guy know book pass book LMFAO
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by princessayesha(f): 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
1) Goodluck ebele jonathan. IQ estimated between 500-31. He had no shoes. He's blessed with the ability to act like a snail with the support of his capable wife. Fuel subsidy was his biggest achievement. The only president in the world that has ever fired all the medical doctors. And many more.....
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by BlackLeopard(m): 12:15am On Sep 15, 2014
Godskidmidas: I played an IQ test on my phone and it scored me 30...what does that mean?

That it's no IQ test because if your IQ was 30 you wouldn't be able to take a p*ss well on your own, let alone do anything with a phone.

Nothing against people for whom it's a real problem, but yeah, not all that passes for 'IQ test' actually is an IQ test, and intelligence isn't measured by a single test, either.

1 Like

Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by kolaaderin: 12:29am On Sep 15, 2014
mrceo63: 1. William James Sidis (IQ 250- 300)
He was born on April Fool's Day in 1898 in New York city. He became a strange combination of an April Fool and a 20th century genius vastly beyond common sentient
discernment.
His IQ was estimated to be between 250 and 300.
His parents, Boris and Sarah began their child's education in his first few months, and William's infant mind absorbed the
information at an extraordinary rate.
At six months, William uttered the word "door," and by the following month he had doubled his vocabulary to include "moon." At
eight months old, his proud parents boasted that he was able to feed himself with a spoon,
a skill that very few children develop within their first year.
By his first birthday-- an age when most children are still babbling-- he was honing his spelling skills. At one and a half years of age,
he was reading the daily newspaper.
His stunning accomplishments soon became a frequent feature on the first page of the New
York Times. He went to a grammar school at an age of 6 and graduated within 7 months.
At age nine William attempted to enroll at Harvard, and though the entrance exams were not a challenge for the young intellect, he was turned down on the basis that he was too "emotionally immature" for college life. He
went back to Harvard at an age of 11, graduated when he was 16.
In the meantime he continued to learn new languages, absorbing dozens of foreign tongues with ease, by the time he was adult,
he knew over 40 languages. He specialized in the field of mathematics. Sidis made a noble effort to avoid the public eye in his adult years.
He died in 1944 due to some brain damage and it was the same reason his father had
passed away.
Such was the end of the one-time prodigy..

Sidis must be seeing blue in death rather to just black. He died of hard disc crash similar to the mordern day blue screen of death. Hmmm I will say he is i-robot.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Oahray: 1:07am On Sep 15, 2014
ebdib:

Sigh.
Martin pales compared to Tolkien. I'm not even going to
indignify Tolkien by comparing him with martin. Even martin certainly doesn't even think he's as good as Tolkien.
#endof.
Nice job citing Martin. You expect him to blow his own trumpet? Bandwagoners with no opinion of their own never realise that Tolkien's works have really shallow plot lines behind all that fantastic landscape description.

Well, living legends are not nearly as appreciated as their dead counterparts. When all is said written and done, latter generations of readers would have their say.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Lailerh(f): 1:44am On Sep 15, 2014
Theanonymous9:
Lmao!! C'mon its just a typo..."d" is pretty close to "s"#dis
grin what are you talking about?
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Oahray: 2:08am On Sep 15, 2014
ebdib:

look at it this way.
Before Tolkein, Fantasy writing of that sort was pretty non existent.
He basically charted a course through which Martin followed.

At Princeton;s department of English Literature there's a small statuette of tolkein. Is it beans? grin

Besides on the vividness of the works. Tolkein wrote using old syntax. While martins English while trying to depict old english as much as possibe uses modern and more convivial syntax.

The whole point is about brilliance. And if you ask me,the guy who came up with the original crazy thoughts about orcs, elves, wizards, imps, dragons etc wins hands down.
Tolkien didn't originate fantasy writing. Stop the misinformation please. There were good pre-Tolkien fantasy writers like Lord Dunsany and William Morris. Tolkien only popularised an existing but not so popular genre, and thus earned his "father of modern high fantasy" tag.

Tolkien's good (I especially liked 'Silmarillion' for its complexity), but his popularity is mostly because he was one of the first to be recognised. First doesn't always translate into best. For me, Martin is better. Read his 5 published ASOIAF books and related works like The Princess and the Queen.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Kunbee: 2:32am On Sep 15, 2014
Chess seems to boost IQ o
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by purplepatchy(f): 3:10am On Sep 15, 2014
I m a genius too... I done vex sha
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by mfm04622: 5:35am On Sep 15, 2014
haryomikun:
Abi naw. One notable Nigerian philip emeagwali was called the father of modern computers due †̥Φ his reasearch on computers. He was publicly honored by President Geroge bush. Surprised he wasn't on this list tho
The man is a fraud! He didn't achieve anything. All his claims were lies
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by mfm04622: 5:47am On Sep 15, 2014
diiiiipo:

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I meant the IQ didn't give most of them an advantage to amass huge wealth. U would think the people with the greatest IQ would be the richest in the world. I can see they are all living comfortably.

They never wanted wealth.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 15, 2014
Oahray: Tolkien didn't originate fantasy writing. Stop the misinformation please. There were good pre-Tolkien fantasy writers like Lord Dunsany and William Morris. Tolkien only popularised an existing but not so popular genre, and thus earned his "father of modern high fantasy" tag.

Tolkien's good (I especially liked 'Silmarillion' for its complexity), but his popularity is mostly because he was one of the first to be recognised. First doesn't always translate into best. For me, Martin is better. Read his 5 published ASOIAF books and related works like The Princess and the Queen.

I haven't read the silmarillion but reviews about it are pretty good.
Anyway here's my point. Martin had some referrals to Tolkien's works.
For example in the lord of the rings. The popular language was sindarin. Which Tolkien even devised as am artificial language and gave it words, structure and what not. Now look to ASOIAF and you'd see the same with valerian.

Its hard not to see why a contemporary modern reader wouldn't prefer martin's works.
Easier language
A more gory plot. (think ethics in 1920's Vs now)
More sexual innuendos

And then again
Tolkien is notorious for his circuitousness and verbosity. He goes round and round the flimsiests points so he needed a good adapter who could seive the wheat from the chaff. Here comes Jackson.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by haroon313: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Is it real or spam?
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by godG: 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
ebdib:

I haven't read the silmarillion but reviews about it are pretty good.
Anyway here's my point. Martin had some referrals to Tolkien's works.
For example in the lord of the rings. The popular language was sindarin. Which Tolkien even devised as am artificial language and gave it words, structure and what not. Now look to ASOIAF and you'd see the same with valerian.

Its hard not to see why a contemporary modern reader wouldn't prefer martin's works.
Easier language
A more gory plot. (think ethics in 1920's Vs now)
More sexual innuendos

And then again
Tolkien is notorious for his circuitousness and verbosity. He goes round and round the flimsiests points so he needed a good adapter who could seive the wheat from the chaff. Here comes Jackson.

Tolkien, no doubt, is a brilliant writer I admire. But for me, James Joyce walks tall in the league of brilliant word weavers. Bro, get a copy of Finnegan's Wake and see what we are saying!
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
godG:

Tolkien, no doubt, is a brilliant writer I admire. But for me, James Joyce walks tall in the league of brilliant word weavers. Bro, get a copy of Finnegan's Wake and see what we are saying!

hmmmm... nice
will check it out on amazon.
It better be a good read..or i'll throw you a stone from across the atlantic. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by godG: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
ebdib:

hmmmm... nice
will check it out on amazon.
It better be a good read..or i'll throw you a stone from across the atlantic. grin grin grin grin grin

grin

Truth is that it is a difficult-to-understand book. It is a challenging book. If you read 15 pages without dropping it, then your IQ is outta this world. grin James Joyce is basically a difficult but imaginative writer. grin

I'm challenging you. grin Good to know you read! I have a soft spot for classics.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by haryomikun(m): 10:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
mfm04622:
The man is a fraud! He didn't achieve anything. All his claims were lies
Hehe. Boss, if I was a fraud and coerced a whole American president †̥Φ publicly announce me as the 'father of modern computer', o boi, I smart no be smal ooo grin grin grin
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Theanonymous9: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lailerh: grin what are you talking about?

Well done Missy well done smiley
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by SenatorJames(m): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
God bless this great people. How I wish we Nigerian youths can have a re-think, on how to better the living of human race, rather than all these PDP-APC and Yoruba-Igbo fight.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by iamrealdeji(m): 1:50am On Oct 30, 2014
Horayce:
I really doubt Einstein had that high an IQ. I've read his biography. He was a genius but he wasn't awesome at tests.
Test doesn't mean anything,dont we have numerous first class graduates here that can't stand near him when it comes to intellect? Maybe he wasn't serious with his studies then,but there's no doubt about the fact that he contributed to physics more than most of these geniuses
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by iamrealdeji(m): 1:54am On Oct 30, 2014
Donfamous:
The first guy's head don turn, aLl for d sake of books. Awon efiwe
Stephen Hawkins,hes literally paralyzed,he would have contributed more to science,but as he is,he can't raise his hands not to talk of writing,he calculates by representing equations with graphics in his head,and he can't even talk,a computer on his wheel chair processes what he thinks in his brain,type it and voice it out for him
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by iamrealdeji(m): 2:18am On Oct 30, 2014
mrceo63:
1. William James Sidis (IQ 250- 300)
He was born on April Fool's Day in 1898 in New York city. He became a strange combination of an April Fool and a 20th century genius vastly beyond common sentient
discernment.
His IQ was estimated to be between 250 and 300.
His parents, Boris and Sarah began their child's education in his first few months, and William's infant mind absorbed the
information at an extraordinary rate.
At six months, William uttered the word "door," and by the following month he had doubled his vocabulary to include "moon." At
eight months old, his proud parents boasted that he was able to feed himself with a spoon,
a skill that very few children develop within their first year.
By his first birthday-- an age when most children are still babbling-- he was honing his spelling skills. At one and a half years of age,
he was reading the daily newspaper.
His stunning accomplishments soon became a frequent feature on the first page of the New
York Times. He went to a grammar school at an age of 6 and graduated within 7 months.
At age nine William attempted to enroll at Harvard, and though the entrance exams were not a challenge for the young intellect, he was turned down on the basis that he was too "emotionally immature" for college life. He
went back to Harvard at an age of 11, graduated when he was 16.
In the meantime he continued to learn new languages, absorbing dozens of foreign tongues with ease, by the time he was adult,
he knew over 40 languages. He specialized in the field of mathematics. Sidis made a noble effort to avoid the public eye in his adult years.
He died in 1944 due to some brain damage and it was the same reason his father had
passed away.
Such was the end of the one-time prodigy..
His brain blew up eventually because he was too brilliant?
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 30, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Test doesn't mean anything,dont we have numerous first class graduates here that can't stand near him when it comes to intellect? Maybe he wasn't serious with his studies then,but there's no doubt about the fact that he contributed to physics more than most of these geniuses
That was my point. Yep.
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by proflomo(m): 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hi! I'm Yinka, man, 35, 5 ft 8", dark-skinned, slim, intelligent, creative, science teacher, nonreligious, philosophical, sincere, open-minded, Osun state indigene, Lagos-based, ......... I need for a serious relationship, a very intelligent, educated, creative, tall, beautiful, open-minded, sincere, communicating lady. She should be less than 29 years and can be from any part of the world. Preferably, she should have great interest in academics - possibly, interested in becoming a professor later in life. My contact: 09021309101; BBM: 7E0C0C4F. Thanks!
Re: World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders by proflomo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2014
Horayce:
I really doubt Einstein had that high an IQ. I've read his biography. He was a genius but he wasn't awesome at tests.
quote author=iamrealdeji post=27567711]
Test doesn't mean anything,dont we have numerous first class graduates here that can't stand near him when it comes to intellect? Maybe he wasn't serious with his studies then,but there's no doubt about the fact that he contributed to physics more than most of these geniuses[/quote]

Einstein was extremely brilliant chap while in school. He scored high marks in his Physics and Mathematics subjects. It was while in elementary school in Germany that he had some problems with his learning. And that was due to the 'difficult' teaching method of the Germans. This is better understood when one considers the difficult relationship between the Jews and the Germans then: Albert being a Jew growing up in the Nazi Germany.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation / List Of Items Banned In Ajayi Crowther University Students’ Hostels / MTN Celebrates UNILAG's Daniel-Dada Ayodele (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.