Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,773 members, 7,959,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:09 PM

What Is Speaking in Tongues??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Speaking in Tongues??? (856 Views)

Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by danielmichael(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Last sunday I burst into laughter as I heard my neighbour in church gnashing on an uproar of what they kall speaking in tongues as the pastor direct(raba tatata busi mege jareti mumumusi) very strongly..nw if you look at the last word MUMUMUSI is jus like mumu which I refer as to the neigbour.I find it so difficult to speak in tongues,,they say its the holy spirit..for what to some dudes who can't utter those balderdash,,,please MBOK wetin BE speaking in tongues Cos they might be causing ma mum and I dnt knw....ratatatat busi adiok ono fi tara satana iko tabaya!!!! FOR WETIN
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
To begin with,I strongly advise that you should never mock or belittle the Holy Spirit as He is the giver of spiritual gifts and belittling tongues,belittles the giver. So back to the question, speaking in tongues is the evidence of the initial baptism of the Holy Ghost as it was in Acts 2. Verse 4 says 'and they began to speak in OTHER TONGUES as THE SPIRIT gave them UTTERANCE'. So tongues is the evidence of baptism of fire. Matt 3:11. Speaking in tongues is not a die hard gift but it is necessary for believers. Acts 1:8. And to address the issue in 1 Cor 12:10- the tongues that was in mention here is the diversity of tongues which can be interpreted by an interpreter of tongues-1 cor 10. 1 Cor 14:2. And diversified tongues when interpreted may be equivalent to prophecy. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give you insight and deeper revelation. Thanks. Shalom
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by diamondpaul(m): 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Forget that shit's....speaking in tongue is nothing but trash....ppeo do it and am sure they themselve's doesn't understand it...so they link it to the intervention of the holy spirit..I see nothing than meaningless word's from tongue's speaking.
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 12, 2014
Before I proceed in my exposition of the scripture, I would like to ask, please bro,are you a christian?

1 Like

Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2014
danielmichael: Last sunday I burst into laughter as I heard my neighbour in church gnashing on an uproar of what they kall speaking in tongues as the pastor direct(raba tatata busi mege jareti mumumusi) very strongly..nw if you look at the last word MUMUMUSI is jus like mumu which I refer as to the neigbour.I find it so difficult to speak in tongues,,they say its the holy spirit..for what to some dudes who can't utter those balderdash,,,please MBOK wetin BE speaking in tongues Cos they might be causing ma mum and I dnt knw....ratatatat busi adiok ono fi tara satana iko tabaya!!!! FOR WETIN
that's nonsense.
I was a xtian for close to two decades.. I think holy spirit talk to me sometimes.
When i left the religion i realised nothin like holy spirit ever communicated with me.
Nothing like holy spirit.
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by asalimpo(m): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
Arcsniper: that's nonsense.
I was a xtian for close to two decades.. I think holy spirit talk to me sometimes.
When i left the religion i realised nothin like holy spirit ever communicated with me.
Nothing like holy spirit.
ar u now an atheist?
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
asalimpo:
ar u now an atheist?
nope
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by factorial1(m): 4:06am On Sep 13, 2014
danielmichael: Last sunday I burst into laughter as I heard my neighbour in church gnashing on an uproar of what they kall speaking in tongues as the pastor direct(raba tatata busi mege jareti mumumusi) very strongly..nw if you look at the last word MUMUMUSI is jus like mumu which I refer as to the neigbour.I find it so difficult to speak in tongues,,they say its the holy spirit..for what to some dudes who can't utter those balderdash,,,please MBOK wetin BE speaking in tongues Cos they might be causing ma mum and I dnt knw....ratatatat busi adiok ono fi tara satana iko tabaya!!!! FOR WETIN
If you study your bible(if you have one though), the spirit of God will give you revelation about speaking in tongues and the benefits behind it. To know more about the gift of the spirit in which speaking in tongues is part of it... then study 2 Corinthians 12.
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by tos4u(m): 4:41am On Sep 13, 2014
If u want to grow in Gods spirit and wholesomeness faster and more effective than other xtian, then speaking in tougues is a must
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2014
factorial1: If you study your bible(if you have one though), the spirit of God will give you revelation about speaking in tongues and the benefits behind it. To know more about the gift of the spirit in which speaking in tongues is part of it... then study 2 Corinthians 12.

Flash me on 08038938117v
Re: What Is Speaking in Tongues??? by factorial1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
DonaldGenes:

Flash me on 08038938117v
what for sir?

(1) (Reply)

The Love Of The Christian God / VIDEO: New, Shocking CCTV Footage Of Synagogue Collapse / Born Again Christians Pls Help With Spirit Of Stagnancy/retrogession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.