Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,275 members, 7,954,090 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu (2744 Views)

Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. / President Jonathan Wants Me Dead Before Elections – Fr. Mbaka / Fayosa Stop Wishing Me Dead Begged Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by mistudreh(m): 10:44am On Sep 12, 2014
Nigerians should stop wishing me dead – Tinubu

A national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Senator Bola Tinubu, has cautioned Nigerians against wishing him dead.
The former Lagos State governor stated on Thursday that
there was no truth whatsoever in the speculation making
the rounds that he was flown to London for medical
attention.
Insisting that he was hale and hearty, Tinubu explained
that he travelled to the United Kingdom with his close
family members for a vacation as against the rumour that
he was lying critically ill in a London hospital.
The social media had been awash with stories of various
life-threatening ailments which Tinubu was reportedly
battling with. Many were already wishing him speeding
recovery.
But Tinubu’s media aide, Sunday Dare, in a statement
posted on Facebook described as “idle charter” his report
of ill-health, adding that the APC leader was in great shape.
According to Dare, his principal is not only in “great health” but also, on a “brief well deserved vacation” with his family members.
Urging Nigerians to discountenance the rumours of
Tinubu’s ill-health, he added that any contrary news is
patently false and malicious.
He said, “I find the idle charter on some online sites about the alleged ill health of Asiwaju BolaTinubu amusing. That some idle minds have continued to perpetuate this absolute falsehood to the point of the ridiculous is disgusting.
“They (rumour mongers) deserve our prayers for wishing
what is not on someone else. For the records, Tinubu is in
great shape and his associates who see him and speak
with him know this. I have been with him in the past three weeks and only returned to Nigeria on some assignments.”
Tinubu’s media advisor stated that the APC national leader had also taken advantage of his London visit to propagate the ideals and mission of the opposition party.
“He is in London helping APC spread the word about its
mission of change. He returns to the country soon and
those that wish him dead will be put to shame,” he added.
On a Twitter handle credited to Tinubu, the former APC
leader expressed concerns over the expansionist drive of
the Boko Haram insurgent group.
Tinubu warned that the seizure of towns and communities in the North Eastern states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States must not be allowed to continue.
“From Borno to Adamawa, Nigeria’s descent into war
unfolds. Yet an irresponsible government continues to look for scapegoats instead of doing something.
“The festering Boko Haram attacks on the North East and
massacre of innocent citizens is a concrete proof that
Nigeria has no government,” Tinubu added.
Meanwhile, the first African-American to earn a Ph.D. in
Applied Economics from Clemson University, United States, Gloria Bromell-Tinubu, has signalled her interest to run for a seat in the American Congress on the platform of the Democratic Party.
Bromell-Tinubu, who is seeking to represent South
Carolina’s 7th Congressional District at the American
Congress, has already made history by being the first
African-American woman in South Carolina to win the
Democratic party’s nomination for the seat.
Writing on Twitter, the 61-year-old lamented that South
Carolina had not had a woman elected to Congress in the
last 20 years and urged her constituents to change the
status quo by giving her their mandate.
The economist promised her constituents that she would
fight for social and economic justice for the working class in
South Carolina and beyond.
According to Bromell-Tinubu, the work of unions and the
labour movement in championing for justice and fairness
must be honoured and recognized adding that her first
assignment as a congresswoman would be to urge
Congress to raise wages.
Writing on her website, gloria2014.com, she added, “I
envision a 7th District where our citizens are healthy and
people have good-paying jobs and thriving businesses that
allow all citizens to take care of themselves and their
families. While many are working hard to make ends meet,
most people don’t have money to save and invest in a
better future for the next generation.
“People are just getting by.There needs to be a bridge: a
way for people to get from where they are–full of drive,
promise and potential–to where we all know they can be.
This is the American dream. As your congresswoman, I will fight to protect and promote an agenda that improves your life.
“In order to get people through these tough times, we
have to create a country where people can thrive because
they are able to create wealth for themselves by investing
in things like education, business, and a home.”
Source; http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/nigerians-should-stop-wishing-me-dead-tinubu/
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by hardywaltz(m): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2014
Lol
I think he meant Nairalanders should stop wishing me dead.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 12, 2014
hmmmm Yar, adua .. dejavu grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2014
Na so them deny Yar'Adua's death even after he had died.

Anyway. Good to know he's alive.(if this report is true).

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 12, 2014
Only basta@rds wish death to innocent men that isn't threatening their lives.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by stebell(m): 11:18am On Sep 12, 2014
In Ukwa (Osuofia) voice, ''dis wan yu dey na life''?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by T8ksy(m): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2014
Point of correction, oga Tinubu. Not all Nigerians are wishing you dead, only the ones with flat-heads

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2014
Jagaban is not dying anytime soon! OccupySocialMedia for jonadafft, una go wait tire angry angry

I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Ngene Nwa Sisi tongue

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by stebell(m): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2014
@ OP, where is de pishure of him wit his family flexing. i don't believe it. why was he speaking through a spokesman? pls lets see the words come out frm his mouth

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by Scarpon(m): 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
next 40 years sef baba tinibu dey gidigba

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by boyt1: 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
stebell: @ OP, where is de pishure of him wit his family flexing. i don't believe it. why was he speaking through a spokesman? pls lets see the words come out frm his mouth
I fear oh just like yara's case speaking through an aid even in grave

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
Who is wishing a deadman dead.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by abu12: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
T8ksy: Point of correction, oga Tinubu. Not all Nigerians are wishing you dead, only the ones with flat-heads

Most Ibo kwenu are scare of tinubu, tinubu most have deprived them of many opportunity

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
and Bola Tinubu should stop wishing boko haram over-run Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by vecman22(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
:Phow can tinubu die....when gej is still alive? :Phow can tinubu die....when gej is still alive?
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by swtdrms(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Who will wish you dead if not the enemies of Nigeria, even if i don't support most of your ways and policies, the fact is still that u re instrumental in the project of reclaiming our dear country......Long live Asiwaju

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by poiZon: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Jagaban is not dying anytime soon! OccupySocialMedia for jonadafft, una go wait tire angry angry

I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Ngene Nwa Sisi tongue

U OWN bad o, u dey love anythng wey get money even if na MONKEY...
Him teeth no dey scARE u?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by BOAR: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Tinubu represent the face of the most formidable opposition in Nigeria.

However, some people don't want opposition to GEJ and PDP. To them PDP should continue with this misrule for the next 60 years (If Nigeria is still one), so they need to pray that he die, but they will die before him.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by poiZon: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
who dey wish this THIEF DEAD abasi mbok?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by arresa: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
I find the idle charter on some online sites about the alleged ill health of Asiwaju BolaTinubu amusing. That some idle minds have continued to perpetuate this absolute falsehood to the point of the ridiculous is disgusting.

“They (rumour mongers) deserve our prayers for wishing
what is not on someone else.

Many on NL I guess...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by Mogidi: 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lets all wait and see if indeed e'Bola Ahmend Tinubu is hale and hearty.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by tomakint: 2:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
*In old man's voice, these APShit touts will do anything for Tinubu........anyway the truth shall be revealed soon* .......I heard this type of denial in 1970 undecided

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by dridowu: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Enemies want him dead but they have forgotten that man proposes and God disposes. Some people that are wishing him dead/alive may even die before him.
Jagaban Of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by experimentist: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Watcha gona say, watcha gona do
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by haryomikun(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
voltron: hmmmm Yar, adua .. dejavu grin
Hahahahahaahahahahha grin
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by maslong(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
the same story was told about yaradua only to discover that he was dead already. I do not wish him death but if he is no more alive please let us know now, no super story
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by naffysa(f): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
PDP should stop wishing him dead
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by philantoxx(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
we won't loose sleep if he dies tho
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by koikoi2(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
Whatever, all I know is dat he will die before 31st December 2014. gringringrin
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by size38: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
Baba Tinubu, do not fear for the lord God will see u through. U will never die because u stand for d truth. U Stand to liberation Nigerians from the iron and wicked grip of the PDP.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by nawtyme: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
abu12:

Most Ibo kwenu are scare of tinubu, tinubu most have deprived them of many opportunity
Simple English language you cannot (spoke) speak. Please stop embarrassing yourself in public.
Re: Nigerians Should Stop Wishing Me Dead – Tinubu by Twistaray(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Very right,exhausively correct that those that wish this man dead are mostly Ibo's.

But,Sir,u won't die by fire.
Gbam

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Wished Evry Nigerian Politician Wud Be Like Tinubu After Watching Documentary / Nigerians Are Greedy,lazy And Like To Reap Where They Didnt Sow. / Thomas Sankara: An Unrivalled Selfless African Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.