Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Covering Hair Palava!!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Covering Hair Palava!!! (3414 Views)

Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use / Covering Of The Hair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
Its surprising how, someone who encouraged me to observe my prayers regularly,now doesn't want to be with a muslim lady,who covers her hair(not that I wear full hijab fa!). Though,he still claims to be a muslim,and I keep wondering if some people really understand ISLAM,they claim to practice!!!

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2014
When you marry, marry from those who will increase you in deen.
However I am disappointed in the bolded part.
rahma2husna: Its surprising how, someone who encouraged me to observe my prayers regularly,now doesn't want to be with a muslim lady,who covers her hair [b] (not that I wear full hijab fa!) [/b]Though,he still claims to be a muslim,and I keep wondering if some people really understand ISLAM,they claim to practice!!!
A muslimah should be ashamed To admit this.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by golpen(m): 7:22am On Sep 13, 2014
XketchDesigns: When you marry, marry from those who will increase you in deen.

that's rather harsh! what do you mean she should be ashamed? instead of encouraging her, what you said is disheartening. may allah forgive us our shortcomings.

7 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
golpen:

that's rather harsh! what do you mean she should be ashamed? instead of encouraging her, what you said is disheartening. may Allah forgive us our shortcomings.
Ameen.
But You should read her comment well and notice the attitude.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2014

I'm not going to insult you,because you're obviously ignorant,mind you I never said I was in a relationship with this person. So I don't know what is there to be ashamed of,pls next time,read and think very well before replying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
rahma2husna:
I'm not going to insult you,because you're obviously ignorant,mind you I never said I was in a relationship with this person. So I don't know what is there to be ashamed of,pls next time,read and think very well before replying.
Thought you said you will not insult?
I never said anything relating to relationship in my post as well. And I will stand with my post anywhere! A muslimah should be ashamed to admit that.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
The reason I did this post,was that I'm marvelled at the way life is,while I'm aiming to be a better muslimah,my friend seems to be lost in worldly status.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Thought you said you will not insult?
I never said anything relating to relationship in my post as well. And I will stand with my post anywhere! A muslimah should be ashamed to admit that.
Admit what?
Sorry,it is well with ur soul!!!
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
But since you brought that up, which is not what I was referring to. Why don't we analyse your statement.

rahma2husna: Its surprising how, someone who encouraged me to observe my prayers regularly,now doesn't want to be with a muslim lady,who covers her hair(not that I wear full hijab fa!). Though,he still claims to be a muslim,and I keep wondering if some people really understand ISLAM,they claim to practice!!!
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
rahma2husna:
Admit what?
Sorry,it is well with ur soul!!!
Of course it is.

What you admitted in the original post, part I tried to bold. Did you even read my post at all?
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
[quote author=XketchDesigns]But since you brought that up, which is not what I was referring to. Why don't we analyse your statement.
Lol,so I should be ashamed to admit that someone encouraged to be pray regularly? My dear brother,I can never be ashamed,in fact
I'm grateful I had someone to encourage me 12 years ago,not every one had that kind of friends in life,that's why I'm sad to see him turn out the way he did,after so many years.

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
^^^smh..
I give up.

Just a better muslimah ok!? Cheers
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by rahma2husna: 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
[quote author=XketchDesigns]^^^smh..
I give up.

Just a better muslimah ok!? Cheers
SMH!!!
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by ajibawealt(m): 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
@ poster, your friend is entitled to his opinion (of not wanting to be with a Muslim lady that wears hijab), which I believe goes against the principle of Islam. As you pointed out in your previous post, may be he is derailing and it is your duty to get him back on track.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by dyfatai(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
[quote author=rahma2husna][/quote] i think you misunderstood that brother, thats what is causing this friction. He meant you should be ashamed of your statement of 'not wearing the full hijab' and admitting it publicly. it has nothing to with whether you are in a relationship or not.

4 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Alima2(f): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
rahma2husna: Its surprising how, someone who encouraged me to observe my prayers regularly,now doesn't want to be with a muslim lady,who covers her hair(not that I wear full hijab fa!). Though,he still claims to be a muslim,and I keep wondering if some people really understand ISLAM,they claim to practice!!!

since the Guy had encouraged u in the past u can also do the same to him now,
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2014

Mr. Holy-Holy, I bet your beard is up to your navel and all your pant are three-quarter length.
Talking about pharisees. (Oops na Muslim them self....) Salaam aleikun *sneak out of thread*

3 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by ayinba1(f): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
I am sure you mean well but better language next time. Make we no fight. Everything is gradual. May Allah make it easy for us all, Amin.

XketchDesigns:
Of course it is.

What you admitted in the original post, part I tried to bold. Did you even read my post at all?
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by ayinba1(f): 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
I posted a thread a few years ago asking our members here that how many of them would support their undergraduate /graduate daughter if she decides to start covering her hair/wearing hijab? I can tell you the responses were not encouraging.

I salute your courage and I also understand why some muslims may be wary of the head covering/hijab. When we fear the creature more than the Creator, we begin to compromise. Our men are not as supportive as they should be for multiple reasons. The only and best reason for a muslimah to cover her hair/modesty is because Allah commands it. That is the most rewarded one.

May Allah ease our paths

[quote author=rahma2husna][/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
ayinba1: I am sure you mean well but better language next time. Make we no fight. Everything is gradual. May Allah make it easy for us all, Amin.

Ameen thuma ameen
It was her attitude.

(not that I wear full hijab fa!)

you could sense there was no remorse. Like to wear a full hijab is a bad thing!

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by thandii1: 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
dyfatai: i think you misunderstood that brother, thats what is causing this friction. He meant you should be ashamed of your statement of 'not wearing the full hijab' and admitting it publicly. it has nothing to with whether you are in a relationship or not.

there is no way she could have known he was referring to that part of the write up because he didnt embolden it properly. She misunderstood the statement to be for her whole initial post...

still, his statement is kinda harsh

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by dyfatai(m): 1:45am On Sep 22, 2014
well, i knew and you know, so there was actually a way she could have known.

don't mind me, just playing on words

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by ladymichael: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
@xketchdesigns...
Bros, na wa oooo! Wtin cause this harshness? Abi u like the chick?
How many people don't even pray at all? She's even improving by her statements and you dare to criticise? Who the hell are you?a sain?
You should be praying for the man who doesn't want to marry one of your fully clothed sisters not insult the sister who is striving to improve.smh

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by XketchDesigns(m): 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
ladymichael: @xketchdesigns...
Bros, na wa oooo! Wtin cause this harshness? Abi u like the chick?
How many people don't even pray at all? She's even improving by her statements and you dare to criticise? Who the hell are you?a sain?
You should be praying for the man who doesn't want to marry one of your fully clothed sisters not insult the sister who is striving to improve.smh
Would you shut up!
In which islam is lady not suppose to be ashamed to make a statement like "it's not like I cover fully fa"??

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by ladymichael: 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
My Goooooooooddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this how you wish to correct her? With such harshness. Kaiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!! Please can the muslims talk to this person on attitude. Haba'!!!!!!!!!
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 27, 2014
rahma2husna:
................... So I don't know what is there to be ashamed of............

What he meant by that was that

You should feel ashamed admitting pubicly that u don't wear full hijab.

This is my hypothesis on why he said so.

The sunnah teaches muslim women that when they are to cover their body, it should be from head to toe. And as you know, the face and hands can be excluded.

So when u said u don't wear full hijab,,,,he interpreted it as "u don't cover from head to toe"

Hence the reason he made that comment.

Allahu a'llam

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by ayinba1(f): 1:14am On Sep 27, 2014
MuhdG:

What he meant by that was that

You should feel ashamed admitting pubicly that u don't wear full hijab.

This is my hypothesis on why he said so.

The sunnah teaches muslim women that when they are to cover their body, it should be from head to toe. And as you know, the face and hands can be excluded.

So when u said u don't wear full hijab,,,,he interpreted it as "u don't cover from head to toe"

Hence the reason he made that comment.

Allahu a'llam

Correction should be made with kind words.
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 27, 2014
ayinba1:

Correction should be made with kind words.

Okay noted!
But out of curiosity, is that directed to me or who or all of us?
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by ayinba1(f): 7:55am On Sep 27, 2014
MuhdG:

Okay noted!
But out of curiosity, is that directed to me or who or all of us?

All muslims, including me smiley

1 Like

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by maclatunji: 8:12am On Sep 27, 2014
ayinba1: I posted a thread a few years ago asking our members here that how many of them would support their undergraduate /graduate daughter if she decides to start covering her hair/wearing hijab? I can tell you the responses were not encouraging.

I salute your courage and I also understand why some muslims may be wary of the head covering/hijab. When we fear the creature more than the Creator, we begin to compromise. Our men are not as supportive as they should be for multiple reasons. The only and best reason for a muslimah to cover her hair/modesty is because Allah commands it. That is the most rewarded one.

May Allah ease our paths

Ameen
Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by maclatunji: 8:19am On Sep 27, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Would you shut up!
In which islam is lady not suppose to be ashamed to make a statement like "it's not like I cover fully fa"??

In all honesty bro. Her admitting to not using hijab publicly is less offensive because that duty is to Allah not to any of us than what you are doing, which is addressing her in an inconsiderate manner.

It is wrong, if the Prophet (SAW) cleaned the human waste of a jew, who are we to treat with disgust our fellow Muslims or any other person that is decent?

3 Likes

Re: Covering Hair Palava!!! by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 27, 2014
ayinba1:

All muslims, including me smiley

Jazakallah khair. May Allah (S.W.T) increase us in knowledge. Ameen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIQOB ( Women Face Cover ) In Islam / Is Allah God? / Islamic Holy Days And Special Occasions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.