Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Impact of Google Earth - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Impact of Google Earth (2522 Views)

Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers / Impact Of E-waste In Nigeria / Gps Gsm Real Time Tracker Use's Any Local Software/google Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impact of Google Earth by dbosa187(m): 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2005
Can someone make some comments on the impact of Google Earth?
Re: Impact of Google Earth by vexxy(f): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2005
What is google earth? Is it anything like MSN Earth?
Re: Impact of Google Earth by dbosa187(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2005
Google Earth puts a planet's worth of imagery and other geographic information right on your desktop.

check up http://earth.google.com/
Re: Impact of Google Earth by dbosa187(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2005
i guess there are a couple of similarities between both of them but google pioneered the invention
Re: Impact of Google Earth by vexxy(f): 3:47am On Sep 22, 2005
Wow, it looks to be pretty amazing. Is the free version worth the download? Only saying that because MSN requires no downloading but then it doesn't zoom far in, especially in other countries besides the US.
Re: Impact of Google Earth by DC(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2005
Yes I think this has the potential to be big.... Although you need good internet speed + 3dcard and at least 512 ram, to get it going smoothly on your machine. Talking about that what can we post on it in Nijarr.. Any Ideas ..... grin
Re: Impact of Google Earth by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 24, 2005
well i heard it's not so developed to give good Nigerian images (work in Naija). i dont think my system has the correct specs to try it out. nevertheless it's a cool invention as i hear from my friends abroad.
Re: Impact of Google Earth by demmy(m): 3:23am On Nov 13, 2005
Using Google Earth you can see the National Assembly in Abuja clearly enough. Great tool.

Re: Impact of Google Earth by OluAbuja(m): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2005
Demmy, yeah its a great tool but very dangerous. If you could locate the NA through google earth, then our territorial air space can be violated and Aremu and the boys in NA could be easilly bombed.

My fear is the fanatical suicide bombers and terrorists all over the world that can use this tool to destroy lives and monuments.

Lets pray that IT will not cause problem for the world.

There are presently 3 offers, first one is free, 2nd is Google Earth Plus $20 and the 3rd is professional Google Earth Pro $400.

Olu
Re: Impact of Google Earth by Seun(m): 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2005
You can also locate the National Assembly by simply taking a Taxi! smiley
Re: Impact of Google Earth by demmy(m): 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2005
@Olu Abuja anything is dangerous in the hands of evil minds and besides terrorists don't need satellite photos to carry out their activities; they have shown that clearly enough many times. I am more interested in the positive use it can be put to. During the katrina disaster Google Earth photos helped relief workers a lot with individual pinpointing areas where help was needed. It could have been of assistance recently in Nigeria with the Bellview disaster when rescuers spent 2 days to locate where the plane fell.
Re: Impact of Google Earth by demmy(m): 5:27am On Dec 10, 2005
Kano became Nigeria's first city with high resolution satelite photo in Google Earth.

For more Nigeria sat photos go to http://www.mapnigeria..com

Re: Impact of Google Earth by larger20(m): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2005
terrorist might use this to spy a country....what is it with the aeroplane with a broken wing in that photo?
Re: Impact of Google Earth by alabiyemmy(m): 3:19am On Dec 29, 2006
check out www.ceaser-web.com

Nigeria's similitude to google maps.
Re: Impact of Google Earth by dblock(m): 6:17pm On Apr 28, 2007
Google earth was formed from an acquisition of Key hole corp. Nigeri'as resolutuon|coverage is pretty poor compared to countries like America, UK and Australia. I pray the resolution improves cry cry cry cry
Re: Impact of Google Earth by Mustay(m): 10:13pm On Apr 29, 2007
D stuff is rather cool. Saw it on a documentary. We got a long way to go
Re: Impact of Google Earth by zexyworm: 8:40pm On May 03, 2007
Does anyone here know when Google Earth is likely to offer respectable high-resolution imagery of Nigeria?
What are the factors delaying this coverage? Nigeria is the among 2 African nations to sport its own satellites including the NigSat-2 for satellite imagery (poverty alleviation, etc.) but we are yet to see detailed imagery of Abuja or even Lagos on google Earth!

Hair-pulling, to say the least? Does anyone here care?
Re: Impact of Google Earth by simplyme3(f): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2007
try www.ceaser-web.com. People already have high resolution imageries of Nigeria on their online application:

http://www.ceaser-web.com/cm/maps/directions/images.asp . I have used and I think it is cool.
Re: Impact of Google Earth by Mustay(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2007
thanks

(1) (Reply)

GAIM Instant Messenger / Free Browsing On Laptop / Pc Using Your Mobile Phoneline As A Modem / Uk Used Hp 650 With 320gb/4gb For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.