Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536522 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by icebabyemerald: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
krezorn:

are you through with your application?
I haven't even started.. you?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Godsonice(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
krezorn:

if you want to confirm your documents by the korean embassy. you will 1st. go to your school and collect attestation letter from dean and it must be stamp and signed by dean. 2nd. go to the federal ministry of education for authentication of your documents. 3rd. go to federal ministry of foreign affairs for authentication of your documents. 4th. go to court for affidavit that you are the rightful owner of your documents. 5th. coloured copy of your international passport data page. 6th. go to VFS in abuja and submit. The price is 4500 per document. It will take 5 working days for your documents to be ready. goodluck

If your in Lagos you can use the Lagos embassy located at parkview estate. there you pay just $4 for all the document you wished to notarize. the money must be in dollar because they don't accept payments in naira. you can source for $5 from money changers and the dollar should be series 2013 upward. Anything below series 2013 is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by judith989(f): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
where are you applying to is it for language course or masters
krezorn:

am almost done with mine.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by judith989(f): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
its such a long process. Not all Korean universities reuire this. right
krezorn:

if you want to confirm your documents by the korean embassy. you will 1st. go to your school and collect attestation letter from dean and it must be stamp and signed by dean. 2nd. go to the federal ministry of education for authentication of your documents. 3rd. go to federal ministry of foreign affairs for authentication of your documents. 4th. go to court for affidavit that you are the rightful owner of your documents. 5th. coloured copy of your international passport data page. 6th. go to VFS in abuja and submit. The price is 4500 per document. It will take 5 working days for your documents to be ready. goodluck
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by frank2075: 11:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
@ Acadollar can you send me ur email add to frank2075@yahoo.com wants to ask for some guidelines on southkorea visa
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by solastar2: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
krezorn:

I paid mine with gtb atm card. current account. It's not a difficult.
Which sch did u apply to??
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Boblee: 6:34am On Jul 11, 2017
Bro... how about students on scholarship
Does this applies to dem also?

acadollar:

After one year of study, you need to extend your visa in order to keep your studentship.
If you are unable to extend your visa due to finance, you are automatically no more a student, and you become illegal and liable for deportation if caught.
It's not to scare you after all there are hundreds of intl students here but its to get yourself prepared.
You can raise some part of the money here but all money has to be traced via your account.
If for example you worked in Korea and make $10,000, your employer name will reflect on your account as the depositor.

But then you are supposed to work 20 hours per week and that is after your ist 6 months of study with good grades.
Immigration has to check your transcript and you will get a job first before work permit will be issued so it's hard to get $10,000 if you work 20hrs a week. That is not even obtainable.
Everything is possible.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by solastar2: 8:17am On Jul 12, 2017
Did u get the admission to GIST? Right now am planning to apply to GIST. I have my recommendation letter signed already and I have registered for TOEFL. I want to know if u get it so or not. So I can use ur experience.
pompido:

I hail all the bosses in the house most especially acadollar.

@Arnold: The first question is what program are you looking at? BSc,MSc or P.Hd? As far as i know, in GIST if admitted as an MSc student you automatically qualify for free tuition, monthly stipend amongst other things. If your CGPA is over 3.0 or 3.5 after the first semester, you can get additional scholarship. I have just completed my application process with GIST and gotten the final receipt number so awaiting application decision so I can give a few insights to the process for GIST as i have been following the school since 2008 while in school. I simply got my school to send my transcript to my office saying it is for employment purposes and paid for courier to make it faster. I then made copies, notarized the copies at the ikeja high court and sent to all the schools i applied to. Please do not use EMS for anything ooo. Instead use the regular Nipost mail or worse case scenario, the nipost registered mail (better to use the nipost office at international airports like MMIA in lagos arrival lounge). My Nipost registered mail to GIST took about 3 weeks to get there and the school informed me when they got it. It is actually required to write TOEFL so you really cant hide from that. Some schools actually request for a letter from your school's HOD as cover for your ability in english but better to confirm the exact requirements before you send your documents. GIST also has a matriculation fee of an equivalent of 70k -80k naira which can be waived if you get a letter from your HOD supporting the waiver and you also write an essay explaining why you should be considered for the waiver (I accepted to pay the waiver (even after they mailed me to confirm) because i hope that will allow them evaluate my credentials objectively without the bias of someone coming to depend completely on their opportunities. at least that is how i look at it for now and the money isn't that much compared to paying $12k smiley ) I hope I have thrown some light on some of your questions. All the best in your endeavors.

@Acadollar: As you already know (from my comments above), I am looking at attending GIST for my M.Sc only (I no get time for P.Hd o) and would like to know what the economy is like in Cheomdan, Oryong-Dong Buk-Gu,Gwangju Area for an ICT person like me. it would indeed be helpful if you can enlighten me on what is obtainable in this area for computer networks and IT professionals in general after M.Sc programs
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by krezorn: 6:18am On Jul 14, 2017
icebabyemerald:

I haven't even started..
you?

am through with mine.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by krezorn: 6:20am On Jul 14, 2017
judith989:
where are you applying to is it for language course or masters

I applied for korean language course. am through with it.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by krezorn: 6:31am On Jul 14, 2017
judith989:
its such a long process. Not all Korean universities reuire this. right

Yes not all korean school. but doing it will boost your chances of getting admission. 2nd. u must do it b4 applying for visa. so if u do it now you will not do it again wen applying for visa
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by krezorn: 6:43am On Jul 14, 2017
solastar2:

Which sch did u apply to??
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by rockyk: 11:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
krezorn:

am almost done with mine.

Which school brother?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by frank2075: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2017
@ Ansu can u write me on frank2075@yahoo.com i cant open my NL ACC
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by krezorn: 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
rockyk:

Which school brother?

hankuk university of foreign studies
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by krezorn: 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
krezorn:

hankuk university of foreign studies
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by pompido: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hello guys,

I didn't follow through with GIST as I opted for Germany where I am right now.

I hope it works out well for you guys.

@judith: I got your mail but couldn't respond as it was giving failure delivery.

Best regards

solastar2:
Did u get the admission to GIST? Right now am planning to apply to GIST. I have my recommendation letter signed already and I have registered for TOEFL. I want to know if u get it so or not. So I can use ur experience.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by judith989(f): 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
Please can someone do this document confirmation for me? If I have the affidavit and letter from the Dean, can someone do it for me??
krezorn:

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by judith989(f): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
I plan applying to GIST and KAIST too... Who's with me??

. Good luck in Germany pompido

pompido:
Hello guys,

@judith: I got your mail but couldn't respond as it was giving failure delivery.

Best regards

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by solastar2: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
I will be applying soon, but the decision is based on the result of my recent application.
judith989:

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by solastar2: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
OK. All d best in Germany.
pompido:
Hello guys,

Best regards

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by saintandsinnerz: 12:44am On Jul 17, 2017
judith989:

What are you applying for, masters or language course?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 3:53am On Jul 17, 2017
saintandsinnerz:

Lol, this is preposterous! Do they even think it through before coming out with such policy? Many sponsors will not agree to transfer such a huge amount of money abroad for obvious reasons. If they want to start a block-money policy like the Germans do, then they should demand that the money is transferred to a Korea bank before the student is issued a visa not when the student is already in Korea. What of students that no longer rely on their sponsors after securing legitimate part time jobs that take care of their needs, will they be required to produce a Korean bank statement that has $20000? And will a student who is already in Korea studying be deported as a result of his sponsor's inability or refusal to transfer the said amount? Please, if you don't mind can you share a link concerning this policy, let me read up as it is confusing. Thanks.
Will10 Please, can you comment on this.

We(KIT's IO and myself) did visit the immigration office last week to get a clearer picture and have just got a confirmation from the immigration office hot-line about visa extension related-issues.

For D-2 Visa extension

1. If you stay in Seoul or Gyeonggi-do area, you have to submit certificate of financial ability which proves that you have $20,000 USD at least.

2. If you stay in Non-Seoul or Non-Gyeonggi-do area, you have to submit certificate of financial ability which proves that you have $18,000 USD at least.

3. If you are enrolled in the university which is selected as IEQAS (International Education Quality Assurance System), then the certificate of financial ability can be exempted when extending Visa, but the immigration officer will ask you to submit certificate of financial ability (USD 9,000 at least) if your CGPA is below C grade.

KIT is selected as one of the IEQAS recipients, hence foreign students are exempted, but be informed that there is always exception, so immigration officer might ask you to submit additional certificate even if you are a bonafide student of KIT.

NB: The source and bank information is silent and when we further inquired, we were told they would accept any account details (either from Country of Origin or from SK), provided it has a legitimate cash in it.

So i suppose all Mr. Acadollar has spoken kinda tally-up to our own investigations from KIT except for very few ones here and there. [i][/i]

I hope this helps guys!
Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by pompido: 5:49am On Jul 17, 2017
Thanks guys.

Been in Germany since 2015 though and almost done with my masters.

Wishing you all the very best.

Kind regards

judith989:

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by saintandsinnerz: 7:10am On Jul 17, 2017
WILL10:

We(KIT's IO and myself) did visit the immigration office last week to get a clearer picture and have just got a confirmation from the immigration office hot-line about visa extension related-issues.

For D-2 Visa extension

1. If you stay in Seoul or Gyeonggi-do area, you have to submit certificate of financial ability which proves that you have $20,000 USD at least.

2. If you stay in Non-Seoul or Non-Gyeonggi-do area, you have to submit certificate of financial ability which proves that you have $18,000 USD at least.

3. If you are enrolled in the university which is selected as IEQAS (International Education Quality Assurance System), then the certificate of financial ability can be exempted when extending Visa, but the immigration officer will ask you to submit certificate of financial ability (USD 9,000 at least) if your CGPA is below C grade.

KIT is selected as one of the IEQAS recipients, hence foreign students are exempted, but be informed that there is always exception, so immigration officer might ask you to submit additional certificate even if you are a bonafide student of KIT.

NB: The source and bank information is silent and when we further inquired, we were told they would accept any account details (either from Country of Origin or from SK), provided it has a legitimate cash in it.

So i suppose all Mr. Acadollar has spoken kinda tally-up to our own investigations from KIT except for very few ones here and there. [i][/i]

I hope this helps guys!
Cheers.
Thanks, bro, this is a more detailed and unambiguous clarification. Well, all the student needs to do is to ask his/her sponsor to send the statement of account. Lol, no sponsor will agree to transfer such a huge amount of money abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by krezorn: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2017
judith989:
Please can someone do this document confirmation for me? If I have the affidavit and letter from the Dean, can someone do it for me??

Yes someone can do it for you because wen I went there for my own I saw people that came for their friends and relations.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by krezorn: 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
pls when is the time to pay application fee for Korean language course?
is it after gotten admission? or at the time of applying?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 2:35am On Jul 18, 2017
saintandsinnerz:

Thanks, bro, this is a more detailed and unambiguous clarification. Well, all the student needs to do is to ask his/her sponsor to send the statement of account. Lol, no sponsor will agree to transfer such a huge amount of money abroad.
Someone used a Nigerian bank statement and told me they accepted it but I personally used Nigerian bank statement, they rejected it.
I had to print straight from my Korean bank account so anyways can work for anyone though.

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Bedafud: 12:56am On Jul 21, 2017
Alhamdulillah! I got my visa.

4 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by WILL10: 3:32am On Jul 21, 2017
Bedafud:

Congratulations....
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by arena07: 5:32am On Jul 21, 2017
Bedafud:
congratulations,which embassy did you use?how much is the visa fee?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by saintandsinnerz: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
Bedafud:
Did you use a sponsor's bank account or your own account? And which programme did you apply for? Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.