Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536109 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 2:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
Please who can help me pay application fee in south Korea?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by YoungMil: 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2017
What kind of application fee?
Everest1989:
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2017
YoungMil:
What kind of application fee?
Thanks man, I have paid it. Do you know any cheap and fast courier service for sending documents to Korea?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by YoungMil: 10:09am On Nov 18, 2017
FedEx has always being the best for me and it's about 23k from Lagos...maxi 5days depending on where in Korea.
Everest1989:

Thanks man, I have paid it. Do you know any cheap and fast courier service for sending documents to Korea?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by solastar2: 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
I have used ems to post to south Korea before.
It was delivered on the fifth day and it cost me less than 14k.
Everest1989:

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
solastar2:
I have used ems to post to south Korea before.
It was delivered on the fifth day and it cost me less than 14k.
okay...thanks.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
YoungMil:
FedEx has always being the best for me and it's about 23k from Lagos...maxi 5days depending on where in Korea.
okay...thanks.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Makiey18(f): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello

How do you authenticate your Documents when you are presently out of the country and have no relative around to do so for you?

I need urgent answers please because I’m in a fixed right now.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by YoungMil: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
Are you an alien?
Everest1989:

okay...thanks.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by BlaQWolf: 8:52am On Nov 21, 2017
krezorn:

Yes i think they do accept.

but I suggest you ask the school b4 applying.

Krezorn I sent a mail..Kindly reply
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by pmax(m): 9:49am On Nov 21, 2017
Everest1989:

Please what school are you applying to.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2017
YoungMil:
Are you an alien?
no, I am not.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2017
pmax:

Please what school are you applying to.
chonbuk national university
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by segunojo866: 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
Everest1989:

chonbuk national university
please can i get lists of schools that don't require IELTS
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Bamibor: 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

The pay is good but you have to be strong bro. The one he is talking about (6pm-7am) pays 80,000 won minimum which is roughly 80 dollars or lesser. So in a mouth you will be earning roughly 1800 dollars or more. This is assuming you worked throughout the month. Mind you, it's not easy to juggle this with your studies but you have to do it because others are doing it. The fillip side of being here is that you will have the opportunity of migrating to another country or remaining here after your studies, which is not a bad idea. Anything you want. Let me sound a note of warning, abroad is not easy and making money here is also difficult, not just Korea, but everywhere in the world. You will face the same challenges, so brace up. If you know what you're doing, you can save up money and use it to migrate to another country after your programme if you wish. I met a naija guy here in my school, he just concluded his masters and the money he was able to save up got him a ticket for a PhD in Germany. He paid the block money by himself. He is now in Germany doing his PhD. So have a plan and know that for you to achieve your plan you have to make sacrifices. I'm not trying to discourage anybody but to tell you how it is here but hey, if the Uzbeks, Sri Lankas and other Asian and African guys can do it, you can also do it bro.

Hello sir,
Kindly advice me, I have a sibling who's intending to get into SK using a visiting visa. The intention is for him to eventually secure an admission there and study. Please let me know how possible it is for him to secure an admission while already in SK and all the potential pros and cons of this plan. More so, where in SK would you recommend for someone who intends to combine studying with working
Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
Bamibor:

Hello sir,
Kindly advice me, I have a sibling who's intending to get into SK using a visiting visa. The intention is for him to eventually secure an admission there and study. Please let me know how possible it is for him to secure an admission while already in SK and all the potential pros and cons of this plan. More so, where in SK would you recommend for someone who intends to combine studying with working
Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Really, it is difficult. He can get admission while he is here but can he extend his visa to a student visa while on visit visa? I think it will be difficult or impossible to do that. My Ghanaian friend who is doing a language programme could not secure admission in my school with his language visa simply because his visa will be expiring soon. They asked him to extend his visa before they will give him admission. He has to renew and pay for another language programme so that they can extend his visa.
Coming to the area to stay, I think Seoul, Busan, Gumi etc are good places. Make no mistake, most of the jobs here are factory work which is not easy to do. But there are other jobs but it's not easy to get because of language barrier. The good side is that the factory work pays and you use it for something meaningful if u save and manage yourself well. Peace be!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

Really, it is difficult. He can get admission while he is here but can he extend his visa to a student visa while on visit visa? I think it will be difficult or impossible to do that. My Ghanaian friend who is doing a language programme could not secure admission in my school with his language visa simply because his visa will be expiring soon. They asked him to extend his visa before they will give him admission. He has to renew and pay for another language programme so that they can extend his visa.
Coming to the area to stay, I think Seoul, Busan, Gumi etc are good places. Make no mistake, most of the jobs here are factory work which is not easy to do. But there are other jobs but it's not easy to get because of language barrier. The good side is that the factory work pays and you use it for something meaningful if u save and manage yourself well. Peace be!
Thanks for your advice, so, what is your advice to people coming with language study visa to do, to avoid the problem your Ghanaian friend is facing ?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
segunojo866:
please can i get lists of schools that don't require IELTS
sorry dear, I don't have any.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 6:41am On Nov 23, 2017
Everest1989:

Thanks for your advice, so, what is your advice to people coming with language study visa to do, to avoid the problem your Ghanaian friend is facing ?
He has solved the problem, he is no longer facing the problem. I used him as an example of how it is difficult to change your visa from a visit visa to a student visa. I'm not saying it's impossible but it may be very difficult. Before you come here with language visa, try and come with all your attested certificate so that you can apply from here when you're through with your language programme. My advice is just have a plan, that is, prepare yourself and get all the requirements for a postgraduate in your field before coming here for your language programme so that it will be easy for you to apply for a masters or PhD if you wish.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kaybabba: 9:23am On Nov 23, 2017
acadollar:
*GOODNEWS* I've found about the school that can change ure status if u come with conference or tourist visa and u still have a valid visa..sch fees is 1000 dollars
thank you accadollar for your help,please you didn't post the name of the school that can convert conference, tourist visa as you mentione in page 12.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

He has solved the problem, he is no longer facing the problem. I used him as an example of how it is difficult to change your visa from a visit visa to a student visa. I'm not saying it's impossible but it may be very difficult. Before you come here with language visa, try and come with all your attested certificate so that you can apply from here when you're through with your language programme. My advice is just have a plan, that is, prepare yourself and get all the requirements for a postgraduate in your field before coming here for your language programme so that it will be easy for you to apply for a masters or PhD if you wish.
okay, thanks a lot...but can someone use Korean language certificate get a job? or get full funded scholarship?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Everest1989:

okay, thanks a lot...but can someone use Korean language certificate get a job? or get full funded scholarship?
Of course you can get job here if you can write and speak Korean language fluently. In fact you can easily get Korean to English translation jobs here easily. Scholarship depends on your field and the school involved. Also some organisation do offer scholarship in some specific discipline. For example, this semester, an organisation offered scholarships in fishery science or something like that Pukyeong national university. Just google it and see
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Everest1989(m): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

Of course you can get job here if you can write and speak Korean language fluently. In fact you can easily get Korean to English translation jobs here easily. Scholarship depends on your field and the school involved. Also some organisation do offer scholarship in some specific discipline. For example, this semester, an organisation offered scholarships in fishery science or something like that Pukyeong national university. Just google it and see
Okay man, thanks...I really appreciate.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Bamibor: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

Coming to the area to stay, I think Seoul, Busan, Gumi etc are good places. Make no mistake, most of the jobs here are factory work which is not easy to do. But there are other jobs but it's not easy to get because of language barrier. The good side is that the factory work pays and you use it for something meaningful if u .save and manage yourself well. Peace be!

Thanks a bunch sir, for the response.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
Bamibor:

Thanks a bunch sir, for the response.
I think from your explanation, the options are either going with the visiting visa and settling for work or applying for a study visa directly from here before he leaves.
I'll also like to know sir, how possible is it for someone who comes with a visiting visa to eventually move on to another country (say Canada or Europe ) or work towards getting a residency visa?
Thanks again for your help.
I never said the highlighted please rather I suggested implicitly that it is better not to come with a visit visa with the hope of extending it to a study visa. Again, you can't work with a visit visa, it is prohibited. Yes, of course it is possible and easier to migrate to those countries you mentioned insofar you have a legal stay here in SK. Peace be!
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by tobiasbeecher: 9:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Please, if you know your sole aim of coming here is to hustle and abandon your studies then don't come because you will be deported. Seriously, we Africans are always the cause of our problem. A Nigerian guy in Inje university that came for his Msc has being declared wanted because he has abandoned his studies for work immediately he got his Alien registration card. His school has reported him to immigration and he will likely be fished out and deported. Now tell me, if that university will accept any Nigerian easily again? Today my department conducted interview for masters and PhD and the Africans that were interviewed were bombarded with questions regarding absconding. They were asked to prove if they come here they will not run away to go and work. Before, Korean immigration was giving two years visa to Nigerians for masters but they have now reduced it to one year just because of what some people have done over here. The next will be to ignore our applications just as the US and Canada do to us. When I came here, I was amazed it was only me that they gave just one year visa. Other students from other countries were given two years visa and their resident permit was also two years straight. Nobody said you should not work, but you have to do it with sense. Never you miss classess or abscond to go and work, they will fish you out and deport you immediately. My annoyance is not because you're being deported but you made the chances of other people to come here very slim. These guys are changing their immigration rules because of the actions of some Africans. Please let us stop jeopardising the chances of others that will come after us. Peace be!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Danny4show(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
tobiasbeecher:
Please, if you know your sole aim of coming here is to hustle and abandon your studies then don't come because you will be deported. Seriously, we Africans are always the cause of our problem. A Nigerian guy in Inje university that came for his Msc has being declared wanted because he has abandoned his studies for work immediately he got his Alien registration card. His school has reported him to immigration and he will likely be fished out and deported. Now tell me, if that university will accept any Nigerian easily again? Today my department conducted interview for masters and PhD and the Africans that were interviewed were bombarded with questions regarding absconding. They were asked to prove if they come here they will not run away to go and work. Before, Korean immigration was giving two years visa to Nigerians for masters but they have now reduced it to one year just because of what some people have done over here. The next will be to ignore our applications just as the US and Canada do to us. When I came here, I was amazed it was only me that they gave just one year visa. Other students from other countries were given two years visa and their resident permit was also two years straight. Nobody said you should not work, but you have to do it with sense. Never you miss classess or abscond to go and work, they will fish you out and deport you immediately. My annoyance is not because you're being deported but you made the chances of other people to come here very slim. These guys are changing their immigration rules because of the actions of some Africans. Please let us stop jeopardising the chances of others that will come after us. Peace be!
You nailed it boss. Sincerely I don't understand why some of our brothers outside the country are heartless. The fact that a country has more opportunities doesn't mean we should mismanage it. I'd just hope this people won't mess things up in S.K the way they did in Canada and other countries. There are many people out there looking for this opportunity and there you are destroying our image.
If you must work while studying​, Why not do it with sense and dignity. I'm tired of hearing all these debasement news here and there.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Billyjim: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hello gurus in the house i have a question, let assume my sponsor has a company and he used the comapnay name to open his bank account. If i want to make affidavit for sponsorship would i used his name or the name of his comapany
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ifecobaba(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
Good pm gurus, please how can I apply for any scholarship program in Korea for Korean language..

Any one can reach me on this 08163218584=WhatsApp.

Pls it's urgent.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by sholabentikay(m): 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Playing add me.. 07066332217
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by sholabentikay(m): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
WILL10:

Your undergraduate and/or postgraduate transcripts as the case may be (for Msc (or) for PhD) is required Sir.

Obtaining your O'level transcripts are a plus or known as "other supporting document"

Cheers.
Pls giv me your mailing address. I want to discuss something with you. Im new here but I have be following the post
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ifecobaba(m): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
Jachan:
Goodday everyone, I'll be applying for Kgsp scholarship 2018, though I know the application is not on yet but I want to prepare before hand. Please is my waec result good for the the scholarship, I got 3A, 5B and a C and my transcript grade average from ss1-ss3 are all above 80%

I want to apply as well have started... Here's my number 08163218584

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.