Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (535654 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by nirJP(m): 1:49am On May 02, 2015
I am.ready now,how can You be for helpfull, tell me must guys that are just goind with business visa how will they get a house to stay before getting their own room, you know just the aiport you dont know anywhere to go how can one get a Nigeria brother to.be of help because getting to a new country You must need help.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:53am On May 02, 2015
[quote author=Chrizizon post=33327569]8

@acadollar..plz I need a business IV for sk, how can u
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:00am On May 02, 2015
pompido:
@Acadollar: what is the latest update on the potentials for proper sustainability after MSc in Gwangju area? This information will go a long way in helping one decide oo.
If you finish your Msc here and you can understand Korean language, you have opportunities especially those in IT or Engineering sector

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:01am On May 02, 2015
pompido:
@Acadollar: what is the latest update on the potentials for proper sustainability after MSc in Gwangju area? This information will go a long way in helping one decide oo.
If you finish your Msc here and you can understand Korean language, you have opportunities especially those in IT or Engineering sector..
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Pasca07: 6:38am On May 02, 2015
acadollar:

Pm me, i will also guide you and pick you up at the airport incase
happy new month bro.i dont understand dis PM stuff pls i am interested in getting the business IV dis is my email--alukodemola@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:35am On May 02, 2015
Pasca07:
happy new month bro.i dont understand dis PM stuff pls i am interested in getting the business IV dis is my email--alukodemola@yahoo.com thanks
I sent you a pm
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:38am On May 02, 2015
nirJP:
I am.ready now,how can You be for helpfull, tell me must guys that are just goind with business visa how will they get a house to stay before getting their own room, you know just the aiport you dont know anywhere to go how can one get a Nigeria brother to.be of help because getting to a new country You must need help.
Let me know when you need the iv,
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2015
yemzyray01:
@acadollar most schools I found online for language course in Korean are most for 10 to 15 weeks which is like 3 to 4 months, I want to go thru the language course first b4 I apply for masters and most of the schools made mention of a placement test can u please explain, and since the language program is 3 to 4 months would I be issued a 3 to 4 month student visa and can one apply for extension of visa there in SK.
Yes you can apply for extension here, is a normal thing..people do it steady. let me know if you need admission for language course so i can process from here
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:42am On May 02, 2015
[quote author=judith989 post=33264230]please, after going through the housing plan of so many schools, I am wondering if students are allowed to remain in the hostels even during summer break...because coming back to Nigeria is totally out of the question...[/quote
You can stay and enjoy hostel as much as you want girl so long you are still there student]
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:44am On May 02, 2015
You can stay and enjoy hostel as much as you want girl so long you are still there student

quote author=judith989 post=33264230]please, after going through the housing plan of so many schools, I am wondering if students are allowed to remain in the hostels even during summer break...because coming back to Nigeria is totally out of the question...[/quote]
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:45am On May 02, 2015
judith989:
please, after going through the housing plan of so many schools, I am wondering if students are allowed to remain in the hostels even during summer break...because coming back to Nigeria is totally out of the question...
You can stay at the hostel even during break
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:48am On May 02, 2015
pompido:

I hail all the bosses in the house most especially acadollar.

@Arnold: The first question is what program are you looking at? BSc,MSc or P.Hd? As far as i know, in GIST if admitted as an MSc student you automatically qualify for free tuition, monthly stipend amongst other things. If your CGPA is over 3.0 or 3.5 after the first semester, you can get additional scholarship. I have just completed my application process with GIST and gotten the final receipt number so awaiting application decision so I can give a few insights to the process for GIST as i have been following the school since 2008 while in school. I simply got my school to send my transcript to my office saying it is for employment purposes and paid for courier to make it faster. I then made copies, notarized the copies at the ikeja high court and sent to all the schools i applied to. Please do not use EMS for anything ooo. Instead use the regular Nipost mail or worse case scenario, the nipost registered mail (better to use the nipost office at international airports like MMIA in lagos arrival lounge). My Nipost registered mail to GIST took about 3 weeks to get there and the school informed me when they got it. It is actually required to write TOEFL so you really cant hide from that. Some schools actually request for a letter from your school's HOD as cover for your ability in english but better to confirm the exact requirements before you send your documents. GIST also has a matriculation fee of an equivalent of 70k -80k naira which can be waived if you get a letter from your HOD supporting the waiver and you also write an essay explaining why you should be considered for the waiver (I accepted to pay the waiver (even after they mailed me to confirm) because i hope that will allow them evaluate my credentials objectively without the bias of someone coming to depend completely on their opportunities. at least that is how i look at it for now and the money isn't that much compared to paying $12k smiley ) I hope I have thrown some light on some of your questions. All the best in your endeavors.

@Acadollar: As you already know (from my comments above), I am looking at attending GIST for my M.Sc only (I no get time for P.Hd o) and would like to know what the economy is like in Cheomdan, Oryong-Dong Buk-Gu,Gwangju Area for an ICT person like me. it would indeed be helpful if you can enlighten me on what is obtainable in this area for computer networks and IT professionals in general after M.Sc programs
Once you graduate with good grades, companies will absorb you immediately so far you are in IT sector

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2015
Demaejy:
Acadollar , please what is the nature of factory work in S.Korea.. How hard is it? Is there any qualification one should have before get employed?

Thanks
You don't need any qualification for Factory work.
Some jobs might be hard to you but all you got to do is to drop it and find companies that work with machines .
That makes works easier since you will just be a machine operator

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 9:54am On May 02, 2015
nirJP:
well well well brother I must tell you nice one from you I muct also think all those who did ask a question too brother how much can it talk to do a business visa and how long can it talk and hmm one think I see most guy have not ask here is what are the type of house there have there for Nigeria but I know some nija do go to good house and what are the number of guy that can be in a room because I have see some gust be in a room 10 ,12, 8 guys in one room you can ask anyone in Qatar. budai or any Arabic counry you know hmm when you talk abour factory jog what type do you talk about, and the police how are they when You dont have your papers and gat to meet You where you are work and I know you say they are good Koreans do the Guy get angry when you go out with their girl do they work on week end
Korea is not like Europe or Arab countries..
you can easily make money so far you are ready to work
and most houses are affordable, I do see two people share rooms because its affordable.
In Korea, is possible for you to rent a house under one month of coming so far you got a job

6 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by firstguy01: 8:01pm On May 02, 2015
Two hands up for those that have been helping fellow Nigerians on this thread especially acadollar infact u re doing a great job please keep it up.I enjoy and gain more about immigration on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by ekadi: 11:11pm On May 02, 2015
good day everybody in the house, i am back after a long time....
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Manweysabi(m): 11:58pm On May 02, 2015
ekadi:
good day everybody in the house, i am back after a long time....
How's SK nah... come gist us how e dey go over there na wink
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Arnoldo(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2015
pompido:

I hail all the bosses in the house most especially acadollar.

@Arnold: The first question is what program are you looking at? BSc,MSc or P.Hd? As far as i know, in GIST if admitted as an MSc student you automatically qualify for free tuition, monthly stipend amongst other things. If your CGPA is over 3.0 or 3.5 after the first semester, you can get additional scholarship. I have just completed my application process with GIST and gotten the final receipt number so awaiting application decision so I can give a few insights to the process for GIST as i have been following the school since 2008 while in school. I simply got my school to send my transcript to my office saying it is for employment purposes and paid for courier to make it faster. I then made copies, notarized the copies at the ikeja high court and sent to all the schools i applied to. Please do not use EMS for anything ooo. Instead use the regular Nipost mail or worse case scenario, the nipost registered mail (better to use the nipost office at international airports like MMIA in lagos arrival lounge). My Nipost registered mail to GIST took about 3 weeks to get there and the school informed me when they got it. It is actually required to write TOEFL so you really cant hide from that. Some schools actually request for a letter from your school's HOD as cover for your ability in english but better to confirm the exact requirements before you send your documents. GIST also has a matriculation fee of an equivalent of 70k -80k naira which can be waived if you get a letter from your HOD supporting the waiver and you also write an essay explaining why you should be considered for the waiver (I accepted to pay the waiver (even after they mailed me to confirm) because i hope that will allow them evaluate my credentials objectively without the bias of someone coming to depend completely on their opportunities. at least that is how i look at it for now and the money isn't that much compared to paying $12k smiley ) I hope I have thrown some light on some of your questions. All the best in your endeavors.

@Acadollar: As you already know (from my comments above), I am looking at attending GIST for my M.Sc only (I no get time for P.Hd o) and would like to know what the economy is like in Cheomdan, Oryong-Dong Buk-Gu,Gwangju Area for an ICT person like me. it would indeed be helpful if you can enlighten me on what is obtainable in this area for computer networks and IT professionals in general after M.Sc programs
unfortunately it appears my school FUTO wouldn't allow for sending of transcript to companies...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bollify(m): 9:45am On May 03, 2015
Please my people, thanks for being here for us all through this time.
@mr acadolar and any one with good advice. I ll bore u with some little story about me. Please bear with me.
I am a student from a very poor background, who finish high school in 2004. After my secondary education, and there was no money to further, I left home(edo state) for lagos. Did a lot of work ranging from flower gardiner to cleaner and conductor. 5 years after, I had saved enough money to start up a university education. I av always love to be a medical doctor ( a childhood dream) but when it was time to look for admission I realise I wouldn't be able to sponsor myself through medical school as I ll not av d chances of huzzling for subsequent school fees after d first year. So I put in for engineering. Had a jamb score of 288 and a post jamb score of 84, nd FUTA decided to favour me. Now I'm in 500l with a disapointing 2.2. I av never felt dis low of myself. On one of my search to travel section I stumbled on this thread, although I av been liking to study in south korea for abot 2 years now but don't know if dat could ever be possible. Thanks to this celestia thread I discovered its easier than I thought.
The problem is dat right now I'm confuse a little bit, on weather I should enroled for a master in automobile or I should start up another undergraduate career as a medical student which I av always wanted all my life. Please advice me sirs and mas... I ll be clocking 29 this year on d 5th of next month. Acadorla, please what does it take to study medicine in korea, will u advice me to rather go for a masters automobile? Whatever ur advice is, please which school will u advice me to take so I can start following them from now. I have started saving towards it already, and already learning d hangul and korean language with downloaded materials. I'm sorry for the long epistle. Thanks in anticipation.

PS: I'm sorry for any grammatical blunder as I am typing this I a haste cos I am also reading for a paper 2moro.

5 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2015
bollify:
@mr acadolar and any one with good advice. I ll bore u with some little story about me. Please bear with me.
I am a student from a very poor background, who finish high school in 2004. After my secondary education, and there was no money to further, I left home(edo state) for lagos. Did a lot of work ranging from flower gardiner to cleaner and conductor. 5 years after, I had saved enough money to start up a university education. I av always love to be a medical doctor ( a childhood dream) but when it was time to look for admission I realise I wouldn't be able to sponsor myself through medical school as I ll not av d chances of huzzling for subsequent school fees after d first year. So I put in for engineering. Had a jamb score of 288 and a post jamb score of 84, nd FUTA decided to favour me. Now I'm in 500l with a disapointing 2.2. I av never felt dis low of myself. On one of my search to travel section I stumbled on this thread, although I av been liking to study in south korea for abot 2 years now but don't know if dat could ever be possible. Thanks to this celestia thread I discovered its easier than I thought.
The problem is dat right now I'm confuse a little bit, on weather I should enroled for a master in automobile or I should start up another undergraduate career as a medical student which I av always wanted all my life. Please advice me sirs and mas... I ll be clocking 29 this year on d 5th of next month. Acadorla, please what does it take to study medicine in korea, will u advice me to rather go for a masters automobile? Whatever ur advice is, please which school will u advice me to take so I can start following them from now. I have started saving towards it already, and already learning d hangul and korean language with downloaded materials. I'm sorry for the long epistle. Thanks in anticipation.

PS: I'm sorry for any grammatical blunder as I am typing this I a haste cos I am also reading for a paper 2moro.
To the best of my knowledge, Choosing your career is supposed to be what only you can do for yourself because you alone knows your weaknesses and strenghts and that is the only thing that you will hold on to in choosing your career.
For example, i might tell you to choose automobile whereas you are not good with HANDWORK and MATHEMATICS, so look at your strenght and weaknesses and ask God to direct you.
As for 2.2 Cgpa, there are many schools in Korea that will accept you for masters with such CGPA so never mind.

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 11:42am On May 03, 2015
Arnoldo:

unfortunately it appears my school FUTO wouldn't allow for sending of transcript to companies...
Then have your school send the original copies to GIST..they will accept it because its official
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Numerouuuno: 3:01pm On May 03, 2015
bollify:

Hello, kudos to you as you strive to make a name for your self,
I'm not trying to limit your hope but studying medicine in Korea means you will want to attend the best medical school available which is Seoul National University.
The 2014 medical school entry exams conducted in the university accepted only people who Had 400/400.
Except you can get this score, go for the automobile engineering.
Also they MOSTLY don't like foreigners even Americans to study and practice Medicine there(only medicine o).
they prefer their citizens.
If you have a very good project topic and can find lecturers in dat area of research in one of the SKY universities. contact them and tell them about yourself and the availability of research assistantship for your studies.
you might have an headway.
May God bless your hustle

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by bollify(m): 10:34pm On May 03, 2015
@ acadolar, thanks for ur response. Actually if its about the strength, I'm a kind of a versatile science/tech student. In calculation, I ll answer my name, so it is with non-calculation courses, although we don't av much of it in mechanical engineering. It was about what I really love to be (problem with interest). I don't know I be wise pursuing my childhood dream or if it ll be better to accept d new me and move on with engineering. And again, which of dem present a better opportunity.

Numerouuuno@ I greatly appreciate appreciate ur effort. Thanks so much for dat insightful reply. That 400/400 looks really tough though. But I know I can scale over 300 if d standard is similar to jamb. As regard their unwelcoming nature to foreign medical practitionals, I gues if I happen to av the opportunity of going through medicine there, I may relocate after my bachelor's degree in southkorea to a place I can practice it. As for masters in automobile, its not something I can't do as well as I am lucky with d gift from God of d skill of handling machine and other technical equipment. This much was exposed during my internship at an oil servicing coil where I dealt with instrumentation, especilly of pressure safety valves. I didn't even take up to 3 working days with our test bench b4 I started operating it albeit with d help of d manual. I can assemble and disassemble any conventional or pilot operated psv. So practical work also comes just natural. Maybe due to the years of trying to survive as a lone man after ssce. Once again I thank u for ur time. However, if I'm to do masters automobile, which school/s will u advice me to apply to? Cost effective and how much must my minimum target be as regard d money aspect assuming 1 dollars equal 200 naira. God bless ur huszle boss
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Numerouuuno: 10:52pm On May 03, 2015
bollify:
@ acadolar, thanks for ur response. Actually if its about the strength, I'm a kind of a versatile science/tech student. In calculation, I ll answer my name, so it is with non-calculation courses, although we don't av much of it in mechanical engineering. It was about what I really love to be (problem with interest). I don't know I be wise pursuing my childhood dream or if it ll be better to accept d new me and move on with engineering. And again, which of dem present a better opportunity.

Numerouuuno@ I greatly appreciate appreciate ur effort. Thanks so much for dat insightful reply. That 400/400 looks really tough though. But I know I can scale over 300 if d standard is similar to jamb. As regard their unwelcoming nature to foreign medical practitionals, I gues if I happen to av the opportunity of going through medicine there, I may relocate after my bachelor's degree in southkorea to a place I can practice it. As for masters in automobile, its not something I can't do as well as I am lucky with d gift from God of d skill of handling machine and other technical equipment. This much was exposed during my internship at an oil servicing coil where I dealt with instrumentation, especilly of pressure safety valves. I didn't even take up to 3 working days with our test bench b4 I started operating it albeit with d help of d manual. I can assemble and disassemble any conventional or pilot operated psv. So practical work also comes just natural. Maybe due to the years of trying to survive as a lone man after ssce. Once again I thank u for ur time. However, if I'm to do masters automobile, which school/s will u advice me to apply to? Cost effective and how much must my minimum target be as regard d money aspect assuming 1 dollars equal 200 naira. God bless ur huszle boss

The graduates of the SKY- SNU, KOREA UNI AND YONSEI are given much favoritism when it comes to finding a job after studies, Korean companies like recommendations from Dean of Faculties before employing people, the SKY faculty members because they are many and well connected and represented in almost all sectors have influence in many places.
The basis of studying is to work, if you want to work in Korea after studies, chose they SKY.
if you want to work outside Korea after studies, chose the SKY universities too, they have the widest range of global recognition.
I'm not saying others like Daegu Uni, Kaist , Ajou, et all are bad o, its just that they are not considered much like the SKY.
but of course, if you're very good in what you do, you'll surely have an headway irrespective of the school you attend.
Check the websites of studyinkorea.go to check the schools in Korea and see what university offers your field.
after that, you'll see all the necessary informations like dorm fees, school fess and scholarships available.
Masters application opens soon or its opened already sef, so that right away.
Contact the necessary persons in the school and get additional information where clarity is required.
Best.
PS: forget the 300/400, it won't cut it for SNU, I don't know about other med schools anyway. also i don't know how they set their exams.
The M.ENG is your best bet.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by kaykad: 9:10am On May 05, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

Am posting this on behalf of a friend i just met, who has a S/korea visa. he just got the visa and he want to know hw life is over there, what to do who to help out and how to get a job over there. he can repair any kind of phone, that his profession here.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by milkydaddy(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2015
I am 31yrs old married man,I had H.N.D in Accountin in d yr 2007 in one of nija reputable fed.poly bt wit poor grade of 2.43(pass),bt nt dt i was a daft student then bt differ my study 4 travelin procesin whch i was later duped.Hw can u be of help?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by milkydaddy(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2015
Though i had O.N.D.. upper credit in accountin in d yr 2003.my questn is?Can H.N.D holder wit dt grade of mine & age secure an admission in s/korea university for BSC program or can i get any institutn dt we acept me 4 P.G.D orMSC program?Plz reply
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Chrizizon: 1:41pm On May 05, 2015
@acadollar

how do I pm u?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Chrizizon: 1:51pm On May 05, 2015
@acadollar Have just pm u now.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2015
kaykad:
Dear Nairalanders,

Am posting this on behalf of a friend i just met, who has a S/korea visa. he just got the visa and he want to know hw life is over there, what to do who to help out and how to get a job over there. he can repair any kind of phone, that his profession here.
If he can repair laptop well, he can be getting jobs if he come here but i don't think he can make anything from phone because the main company for phones like Samsung is here, you can always give them your bad phone to repair or change so let him take note.
If he come here, he look for factory work and do.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2015
Chrizizon:
@acadollar

how do I pm u?

I have replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.