Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536199 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Na wa o, so I'll be paying 6M for a course that will cost just 2M in Canada n I thought South Korea was supposed to be cheap........
It should be 5m won not naira

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria has stated that, at the moment, there is no ban on the allocation of foreign exchange for the payment of medical bills abroad and school fees.

The disclosure was made on Friday, by the Director, Corporate Communications of the CBN, Alh Muazu Ibrahim.

According to Ibrahim, the CBN was compelled to make the clarification as a result of the widespread insinuations in that the apex bank had stopped allocation of forex for these purposes.
YNaija - The Internet Newspaper for Young Nigerians
Home Economy
EconomyNews
ad serving
‘There’s no ban on forex for school fees, medical bills’ – CBN
Kolapo Olapoju February 19, 2016

The Central Bank of Nigeria has stated that, at the moment, there is no ban on the allocation of foreign exchange for the payment of medical bills abroad and school fees.

The disclosure was made on Friday, by the Director, Corporate Communications of the CBN, Alh Muazu Ibrahim.

According to Ibrahim, the CBN was compelled to make the clarification as a result of the widespread insinuations in that the apex bank had stopped allocation of forex for these purposes.

“The Central Bank of Nigeria wishes to clarify to the general public that it has not stopped the allocation and sale of foreign exchange for purposes of paying school fees and settlement of medical bills overseas. The Bank therefore urges members of the public to disregard any contrary information in respect thereof.”

“Despite assurances from the CBN, some persons have continued to suggest that the Bank had stopped the allocation of Foreign Exchange to Nigerians seeking to pay school fees and medical bills overseas.”

“All genuine users desiring to obtain foreign exchange for the above-mentioned purposes are hereby urged to freely approach their banks with their requests and appropriate documentation.”

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:32am On Feb 20, 2016
Well if I'm not mistaken, there is much difference between the won and naira...... So 5M won z basically 8M naira.... D thing much o
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by whitec2016(m): 6:24am On Feb 20, 2016
acadollar:
For those that want to apply to Daehan,write to the dean thru this card for enquiries.
also tell him that a naija guy in semester one MSc is the one that gave u his contact.
so happy to find dis thread @acadollar, you are the baba......... i cant see the contact card pls i need help
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by emamos: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Well if I'm not mistaken, there is much difference between the won and naira...... So 5M won z basically 8M naira.... D thing much o
u are mistaken bro,5m won is about $4,080,den convert to naira
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by saipn: 10:48am On Feb 20, 2016
emamos:
u are mistaken bro,5m won is about $4,080,den convert to naira
hmmm that is 1.6 million naira and it may be more than that has naira depreciate
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Thanks to those that corrected me... Really grateful. Please I'm planning on studying Biotechnology, was actually planning on going to Canada but d increase in dollar exchange has affected that. So I wanna know - if d Korean language one year learning z compulsory considering d course will b taken in English 2) how secure z d place consider their relationship with N.K 3) R Biotechnology companies really on ground there? (Don't wanna b deceived by all this fine pictures online) 4) Though funding might really not b a problem, but as a student, r there jobs to make little cash (isn't really a criteria though), n r such jobs limited to some parts of d country cos I'll like to school in a top universities LOCATED IN A GREEN ENVIRONMENT
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Numerouuuno: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
Thanks to those that corrected me... Really grateful. Please I'm planning on studying Biotechnology, was actually planning on going to Canada but d increase in dollar exchange has affected that. So I wanna know - if d Korean language one year learning z compulsory considering d course will b taken in English 2) how secure z d place consider their relationship with N.K 3) R Biotechnology companies really on ground there? (Don't wanna b deceived by all this fine pictures online) 4) Though funding might really not b a problem, but as a student, r there jobs to make little cash (isn't really a criteria though), n r such jobs limited to some parts of d country cos I'll like to school in a top universities LOCATED IN A GREEN ENVIRONMENT

Lol, your username though! smiley

1. A year of study of the Korean language is to help you interact, adapt, solve little problems without help, and increase your chance of employment after your studies(BUT..., why BUT , keep reading....)
2.Korea is a very secure country, apart from the yearly threats of fire and brimstone of the mad bro up north, the country is safe.
3. Biotechnology related companies are present in Korea, but Korean Universities churn out Korean graduates having the same degree on a yearly basis, the probability of them picking a foreigner is 1/10 or inexistent. Even if you go to the SKY group of universities, MY OPINION is that it is still the same situation. The only program i can advise any Nigerian that has an hope of working here after graduation is to study ENGINEERING AND INFORMATION RELATED COURSES( BIG DATA, MIS, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING) et al.

Remember, this is my opinion.
I hope this helps.Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:38am On Feb 21, 2016
Numerouuuno:

Lol, your username though! smiley

1. A year of study of the Korean language is to help you interact, adapt, solve little problems without help, and increase your chance of employment after your studies(BUT..., why BUT , keep reading....)
2.Korea is a very secure country, apart from the yearly threats of fire and brimstone of the mad bro up north, the country is safe.
3. Biotechnology related companies are present in Korea, but Korean Universities churn out Korean graduates having the same degree on a yearly basis, the probability of them picking a foreigner is 1/10 or inexistent. Even if you go to the SKY group of universities, MY OPINION is that it is still the same situation. The only program i can advise any Nigerian that has an hope of working here after graduation is to study ENGINEERING AND INFORMATION RELATED COURSES( BIG DATA, MIS, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING) et al.

Remember, this is my opinion.
I hope this helps.Goodluck.

Thanks.... U got me laughing at mad bro up north. D information was really helpful

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Billyjim: 8:37am On Feb 21, 2016
안녕하세요
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by xp17(m): 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
Billyjim:
안녕하세요
an nyeong ha se yo
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by chizaramekpere: 9:03am On Feb 22, 2016
Oppa annong,jeonun Zara inmida. I intend to study in south korea. But i'm not willing to stay in the school dorm unless there is a plan for students who want to live in a single room. and if there is, how much would it cost? + how long is a semester there? how much does a semester cost? which of the universities do u attend? Kuregu, compared to Enugu state university (esut), how expensive is it to study in Korea? Forgive my inquisitiveness, hopefully you'll answer.[color=#000099][/color] smiley wink
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Billyjim: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2016
Go thru the thread from first to last page. you will definately found answers to your questions also you can take it further by making a google search.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
chizaramekpere:
Oppa annong,jeonun Zara inmida. I intend to study in south korea. But i'm not willing to stay in the school dorm unless there is a plan for students who want to live in a single room. and if there is, how much would it cost? + how long is a semester there? how much does a semester cost? which of the universities do u attend? Kuregu, compared to Enugu state university (esut), how expensive is it to study in Korea? Forgive my inquisitiveness, hopefully you'll answer.[color=#000099][/color] smiley wink
Oga, who do u na think k is not busy in sk that will take his time to answer your kind of questions? Cant u Google? Every body helps every body here and not one person depending on others to do what he cam do.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
God is great!I was given study visa to korea.Thank you God.I also want to thank my good brother who i met on this forum sometime last year.His username is acadollar.The dollarman.Acadollar has been of great help to me since i met him here.He has been answering all my questions even some of them that look childish.He never got tired of me.Anytime i call on him he will always be there to clear me.I tried getting it last year but it did not workout.I started all over again.I contacted acadollar and he promised to be there anytime i need him.His advise and encouraging words helped me even when i went for interview.I was able to stood my ground when the interviewer was firing questions at me and never pitied me for more than90minutes.All because i have known what to study and the information that is needed.Acadollar is very honest man.I dealed with him for like 9 months now.He never lied to me.He never cheated me.He never insulted me because of my questions.Because i ask question alot.Thank you my brother.My good brother swonpon i thank you too for being there for me.God bless you.Our oga justwise thank you for your wise counsel.You are doing a good job here.God bless you.My big sister nkechimma ,you are just good.May God bless all of us and grant us good things in life.Love you all

10 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Billyjim: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
PURITYMYPRIDE:
God is great!I was given study visa to korea.Thank you God.I also want to thank my good brother who i met on this forum sometime last year.His username is acadollar.The dollarman.Acadollar has been of great help to me since i met him here.He has been answering all my questions even some of them that look childish.He never got tired of me.Anytime i call on him he will always be there to clear me.I tried getting it last year but it did not workout.I started all over again.I contacted acadollar and he promised to be there anytime i need him.His advise and encouraging words helped me even when i went for interview.I was able to stood my ground when the interviewer was firing questions at me and never pitied me for more than90minutes.All because i have known what to study and the information that is needed.Acadollar is very honest man.I dealed with him for like 9 months now.He never lied to me.He never cheated me.He never insulted me because of my questions.Because i ask question alot.Thank you my brother.My good brother swonpon i thank you too for being there for me.God bless you.Our oga justwise thank you for your wise counsel.You are doing a good job here.God bless you.My big sister nkechimma ,you are just good.May God bless all of us and grant us good things in life.Love you all

Congrate Bro am so happy for you.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
Thank you@Billyjim.I forgot to add that acadollar gave me all his time without collecting a dime from me.What would have cost me good money.God bless you the dollarman.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Pasca07: 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
PURITYMYPRIDE:
congrats, but what surprised me is the 90minutes interview besides what is the name of the university u choose?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by justwise(m): 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
PURITYMYPRIDE:

Congratulations! Happy it worked out for you
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Thanks my oga.The name of the university is daehan theological university.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
[quote author=PURITYMYPRIDE post=43182925] God is great!I was given study visa to korea.Thank you God.I also want to thank my good brother who i met on this forum sometime last year.His username is acadollar.The dollarman.Acadollar has been of great help to me since i met him here.He has been answering all my questions even some of them that look childish.He never got tired of me.Anytime i call on him he will always be there to clear me.I tried getting it last year but it did not workout.I started all over again.I contacted acadollar and he promised to be there anytime i need him.His advise and encouraging words helped me even when i went for interview.I was able to stood my ground when the interviewer was firing questions at me and never pitied me for more than90minutes.All because i have known what to study and the information that is needed.Acadollar is very honest man.I dealed with him for like 9 months now.He never lied to me.He never cheated me.He never insulted me because of my questions.Because i ask question alot.Thank you my brother.My good brother swonpon i thank you too for being there for me.God bless you.Our oga justwise thank you for your wise counsel.You are doing a good job here.God bless you.My big sister nkechimma ,you are just good.May God bless all of us and grant us good things in life.Love you all[/quoted ]
Congrats ma. So share the details with us.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Congrats ma. So share the details with us.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 11:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
Bro, i am not ma oo lol.I am a man.I believe acadollar has given us all that we need.But if there is any other thing you need to know,you are free to ask me.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 12:00am On Feb 24, 2016
oga justwise, when i say 90minutes i meant it.I checked my time before and after the interview.He really dealt with me.Questions from all angle even from what i studied in school and questions that has to do with my family.My own family too.Infact alot of questions believe me.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by travelxpat(m): 2:49am On Feb 24, 2016
@puritymypride congratulstions brother.. one question please.The last time I went to make enquiries I was told submission shoild be at vfs center , which I even visited..
1. Did you make your submission there?
2. If yes, where you later called for the interview by the embassy?
3.does your sponsor matter?

Congrats once again and I really look forward to the answers to my questions sir..
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:49am On Feb 24, 2016
Billyjim:

Congrate Bro am so happy for you.
Congrats man
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 6:13am On Feb 24, 2016
PURITYMYPRIDE:
oga justwise, when i say 90minutes i meant it.I checked my time before and after the interview.He really dealt with me.Questions from all angle even from what i studied in school and questions that has to do with my family.My own family too.Infact alot of questions believe me.
Ok brother, were you the one that sponsored your self. I mean ur account statement?
If not, how did u convince the co that u relate to your sponsor?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Henix(m): 6:14am On Feb 24, 2016
Congratulations bro! How were u contacted for the interview? Was it done at the embassy, vfs centre or thru phone? If thru phone, how many days did it take them to contact u for the interview after submission? Like how many days did it take them to process the visa application after submission? How were u communicated of the visa result? @puritymypride
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 6:42am On Feb 24, 2016
Good morning all.My oga acadollar i hail you.@travelxpat , yes i submitted at vsf center.Yes, i was called by the embassy for my interview.Then, for your last question i sponsored myself.I used my bank account statement.

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 6:47am On Feb 24, 2016
Good morning jugreency3.I sponsored myself.I used my bank account statement.If you dont have enough money in your bank account and you need someone to sponsor you.I suggest you ask acadollar to tell you the kind of proof you need to provide.He will tell better.God bless you
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 6:51am On Feb 24, 2016
@Henix,I was called for interview a day after i submitted.But i told the person that called me that i cant make it.It was then shifted to the upper week.The whole process took me 13days.Mind you not business days oooo.Sundays and saturdays included.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 6:56am On Feb 24, 2016
A day after my interview i saw a text message from vsf center telling me that they have gotten my visa application from the embassy.That they have given it to one courier service.And that i will get it within 2 business days.Nobody will tel you wheather you are successful or not until you open your passport.God bless you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.