Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Thread for South Korea prospective students - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread for South Korea prospective students (536229 Views)

Nigerians In South Korea / Any Prospective Students For University Of Essex, Southend On Sea Campus? / South Korea Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by gentlepal: 9:53am On Feb 29, 2016
saipn:
na wa oooo your own dey too much....what is your business with him?
Thanks @Saipn @Jugreency Whether na yam conference or ewedu conference, i v my reasons for asking that question. Everybody must not use sch.Thank u
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by emamos: 9:58am On Feb 29, 2016
[s]
jugreency3:

Yes o, am a child, u are a kid. Go and check the meaning of a kid.
[/s]
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 11:34am On Feb 29, 2016
gentlepal:
Thanks @Saipn @Jugreency Whether na yam conference or ewedu conference, i v my reasons for asking that question. Everybody must not use sch.Thank u
Use school to do what abeg?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by emamos: 12:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
acadollar:
Use school to do what abeg?
to go hustle/work he meant
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 12:49pm On Feb 29, 2016
emamos:
to go hustle/work he meant
Well, thats illegal, and saying things like that here will eventually cause problems for most of you guys that really want to study because it's obvious that V O are on nairaland.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 8:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
acadollar:

Well, thats illegal, and saying things like that here will eventually cause problems for most of you guys that really want to study because it's obvious that V O are on nairaland.

Make una delete an o. Una here ran now.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 12:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
gentlepal:
am a customer care personnel but must it b based on what u studied?
Please modify and remove my email here, yahoobois are extracting my email and throwing many virus to me.
Please
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by harjiboye(m): 11:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
acadollar:

You should know the type of conference you want based on what you studied or your job.
Email me your passport data page:
sir pls I have republic of benin passport with did I need to apply for conference visa?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by saipn: 7:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Henix:
what issue do they have with immigration?
sorry for the late reply,i comments on what i saw in page 58 and 57 about the school....
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 7:57am On Mar 03, 2016
harjiboye:
sir pls I have republic of benin passport with did I need to apply for conference visa?
Go to your country embassy and ask if your passport is visa free.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by travelxpat(m): 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
Thanks to everyone here and especially acadollar and the guy who mentioned kumoh institute of technology.my cousin applied for that school based on my advise and I couldnt cos I wasnt financially ready..I will attached the document and offer letter sent by yhe school.infact the admission officer helped in adding 5000kow to the tuition cos it was short of that.
Hopefully she should be heading to the embassy next week as the original document are still on the way via ems .
I am applying to a university in usula cos of the availability of established manufacturing companies in that region.I will keep the house posted

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by travelxpat(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
For those intesrested in kumoh institute of technology.I can guide you from a to z And If permitted I will drop the direct email address and telephone number of the admission officer for language.The next admission intake is for september.
University of uslan offers all 4 semesters .these universities dont require guarantor from korea.
Best of luck guys

4 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
travelxpat:
For those intesrested in kumoh institute of technology.I can guide you from a to z And If permitted I will drop the direct email address and telephone number of the admission officer for language.The next admission intake is for september.
University of uslan offers all 4 semesters .these universities dont require guarantor from korea.
Best of luck guys

can u give us the email and the procedures? how about the school fees? hope its not expensive?.. thanks
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by travelxpat(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
Sungmi Lee

Coordinator / The International Programs and Language Education Center

Kumoh National Institute of Technology

61 Daehak-ro, Gumi, Gyeongbuk 730-701, Korea

Office : +82-54-478-7221   Fax: +82-54-478-7222   Web : http://eng.kumoh.ac/

For this very university the tuition is just 1900usd for two semesters.this must be paid after admission letter is issued .Documents must be sent to the school via courier not by scan.
Accomodation is about 500usd per semester
Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
travelxpat:
Sungmi Lee

For this very university the tuition is just 1900usd for two semesters.this must be paid after admission letter is issued .Documents must be sent to the school via courier not by scan.
Best of luck

thanks for ur swift response ... one more question bro... do I notarize my results or legalize it bro?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by saipn: 12:14am On Mar 04, 2016
travelxpat:
Sungmi Lee

Best of luck

so kumoh institute issued Admission before payment of tuition fee?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by saipn: 12:18am On Mar 04, 2016
Henix:
what issue do they have with immigration?
i think acadollar was only referring to language study department not the msc department at daehan university

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by travelxpat(m): 8:19am On Mar 04, 2016
@saipn
Yes kumoh institute offers admission before you are asked to pay for tuition.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 04, 2016
travelxpat:
@saipn Yes kumoh institute offers admission before you are asked to pay for tuition.
reply me bro
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 9:04am On Mar 04, 2016
travelxpat:
Thanks to everyone here and especially acadollar and the guy who mentioned kumoh institute of technology.my cousin applied for that school based on my advise and I couldnt cos I wasnt financially ready..I will attached the document and offer letter sent by yhe school.infact the admission officer helped in adding 5000kow to the tuition cos it was short of that.
Hopefully she should be heading to the embassy next week as the original document are still on the way via ems .
I am applying to a university in usula cos of the availability of established manufacturing companies in that region.I will keep the house posted
Na man u be

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 04, 2016
This is what I got from Ms Lee this morning

Mar 4, 2016, 7:25 AM
From Sungmi Lee
Dear Anthony

Thanks for your interest in studying kit.

We have two semester like spring, fall semester.
You can apply for fall semester will begin on Sep around May.

Here is required documents.

1) Application & Study plan & Self Introduction (Attachment File)
2) Three identification photos (White Background)
3) Copy of passport
4) Certificate of balance more than $5,000
5) Certificate of graduation and official transcript of the most recently attended school
(Applicant from the countries in the below box should get an 'Apostille' or a 'Consular legalization)
6) Certificate of income (applicant's or applicant's parent)

Tuition fee is 2,200,000 KRW (per semester)

* Admission Process
Application -> Screening Process -> Notice of Admission -> Tuition payment -> Issue a certificate of admission -> Applying for VISA -> Entry and registration.

I hope see you in Korea.

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by travelxpat(m): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2016
@antonreal

The 2, 200, 000 covers the session of two semesters that what she means.

Best of luck my friend

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by judith989(f): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hello house...please I am trying to apply for the KOREAN government scholarship program...and I need to notarize my document... is there anyone in the house who has tried notarization of Transcript with high court in LAGOS...I need to know the cost please...
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
judith989:
Hello house...please I am trying to apply for the KOREAN government scholarship program...and I need to notarize my document... is there anyone in the house who has tried notarization of Transcript with high court in LAGOS...I need to know the cost please...

just notarization or legalization? they are two different things my dear cos most schools I search for always needed legalization...stand to be corrected tho
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by xkunzo(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pls
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
travelxpat:
@antonreal

The 2, 200, 000 covers the session of two semesters that what she means.

Best of luck my friend
The money is just for one semester, around 4 months or thereabout, you pay the amount twice every year.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
xkunzo:
Pls house , I need ur advise on this issue , one my cousin apply for conference last year march 2015 at south korea embassy in lagos , the application was rejected with no reason given , now is planing to apply for student visa , pls need urgent advise on this issue

Im wondering what you need advise on because Im sure no one here works at the embassy, even me but rejecting someones visa does not mean that the person can not apply again.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by jugreency3: 3:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
acadollar:

The money is just for one semester, around 4 months or thereabout, you pay the amount twice every year.
Boss na wen this admission dey start?
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
judith989:
If you're sure that its "notarization" not "legalization"
The price differs in court, it depends on the court and state that you're in but most times around 500 per document or less.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
judith989:

If you're sure that its "notarization" not "legalization"
The price differs in court, it depends on the court and state that you're in but most times around 500 per document or less.
Some places 1000 for 3 documents or less or more but around that price, you have to negotiate well

1 Like

Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
antonreal:
This is what I got from Ms Lee this morning

Mar 4, 2016, 7:25 AM
From Sungmi Lee
Dear Anthony

Thanks for your interest in studying kit.

We have two semester like spring, fall semester.
You can apply for fall semester will begin on Sep around May.

Here is required documents.

1) Application & Study plan & Self Introduction (Attachment File)
2) Three identification photos (White Background)
3) Copy of passport
4) Certificate of balance more than $5,000
5) Certificate of graduation and official transcript of the most recently attended school
(Applicant from the countries in the below box should get an 'Apostille' or a 'Consular legalization)
6) Certificate of income (applicant's or applicant's parent)

Tuition fee is 2,200,000 KRW (per semester)

* Admission Process
Application -> Screening Process -> Notice of Admission -> Tuition payment -> Issue a certificate of admission -> Applying for VISA -> Entry and registration.

I hope see you in Korea.
Next semester resumes september
Legalize your documents in Ministry of education and foreign affairs.
The tuition fees for one year should be 2,200,000 KRW × 2 Semesters = 4,400,000 per year but you will pay 2,200,000 krw for a start which is still not that bad.
Re: Thread for South Korea prospective students by acadollar(m): 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
travelxpat:
Sungmi Lee

Best of luck

Thats a good one but Im wondering how there tution fee for two semesters is 1900 usd because that 1900 is supposed to be for just one semester.( around 4 months).

Secondly do they really offer admission letter(full visa documents) before school fees is paid because thats unlike most schools in Korea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (189) (Reply)

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.