Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". (3785 Views)

How Do I Tell Him That The Woman He Married Is A Marine Spirit? / 11 Harmful Lies Your Mind Loves To Tell You / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by plappville(f): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2008
My eldest brother who is jobless keeps disturbing me to send him money monthly, i can't continue like this am already taking responbibility of mum and two younger once in whom are in higher institutions.

This old man wont just let me be, he keep sending me (sms) (txt) flash without control and call hubby when he is at work times without number ((( he will say tell ur OYIBO husband to send me money)))

He has a kid and can't even take care of his kid and wife, he is still living with mum, doesn't spend money on anything as mum does the shopping at home.

Does any of u have this kind of brother he even senior 5 persons befor me.

I am tired of him seeing me as his source of living, he plays pool with any money sent to him after he will ask for more by force.

Plz help ooooooo i am runing out of patient, this can't countinue.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by arramyjay: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
That is just sad.you know wht maybe change your number,but dont insult him or be rude to him.Just watch how he will cope without you.Maybe 2months after then give him your new number,if he then asks you for money ask him how he survived without you for months.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by Godalone(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2008
This kind of man will not change any person that is addicted to playing pool he will forever be playing it.If you empty your account and give to him he will use it to play pool.Just do what you can and leave the rest,you cannot staisfy human being.You can change your phone number(s),besides giving him money you need to pray for him to give up playing pool.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by spikedcylinder: 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2008
This is sad.
He's probably doing it because he has no choice. I really don't know what to say as I haven't been in this situation before. What I don't like though is his rudeness.

Pele o.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by plappville(f): 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2008
spikedcylinder:

This is sad.
He's probably doing it because he has no choice. I really don't know what to say as I haven't been in this situation before. What I don't like though is his rudeness.

Pele o.

Is there no work in 9ja taxi drivers dey make am oooo, he has choice but just been lazy.

Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by spikedcylinder: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2008
plappville:

Is there no work in Nigeria taxi drivers dey make am oooo, he has choice but just been lazy.

There is but I'm sure with his rudeness and all, he'd be a proud man. Do you think someone with that much pride would like to resort to begging?
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2008
I know it's hard telling off your blood brother, do you have parents they would help you put him to order? undecided
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by ifyalways(f): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2008
change your numbers and your hubbys own,send him whatever you want/feel like giving him monthly without disclosing your number to him and keep praying for him.His your brother and you both are Africans,you really cant do much here.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by Outstrip(f): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2008
There is this beautiful word in the dictionary. Oh how I love that word. It is simple to say and even easier to interprete. wtf. Tell him NO and if he does not get that then you can always say HELL NO. You better nip this crap in the bud.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by JJYOU: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2008
plappville:

My eldest brother who is jobless keeps disturbing me to send him money monthly, i can't continue like this am already taking responbibility of mum and two younger once in whom are in higher institutions.

This old man wont just let me be, he keep sending me (sms) (txt) flash without control and call hubby when he is at work times without number ((( he will say tell ur OYIBO husband to send me money)))

He has a kid and can't even take care of his kid and wife, he is still living with mum, doesn't spend money on anything as mum does the shopping at home.

Does any of u have this kind of brother he even senior 5 persons befor me.

I am tired of him seeing me as his source of living, he plays pool with any money sent to him after he will ask for more by force.

Plz help ooooooo i am runing out of patient, this can't countinue.
i wont say what i think of this man here. you have others ahead of you. you are a young girl with responsibility. he should take money from your other sister that is the unnamed business. you know what they are like. he thinks you make money like the other lady.

as others have said just take off your sim card and get a new one. you dont owe him. let him continue with his pools. as for him calling your hubby, get your mum to make him stop that. that is out of order. he should be ashamed of himself. this is abuse of priviledge. dont bother talking to him so he doesn't mis-quote you
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by plappville(f): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2008
JJYOU:

i wont say what i think of this man here. you have others ahead of you. you are a young girl with responsibility. he should take money from your other sister that is the unnamed business. you know what they are like. he thinks you make money like the other lady.

as others have said just take off your sim card and get a new one. you don't owe him. let him continue with his pools. as for him calling your hubby, get your mum to make him stop that. that is out of order. he should be ashamed of himself. this is abuse of priviledge. don't bother talking to him so he doesn't mis-quote you

JJYOU You got the whole joke, but that other sister is even less concern about him, she won't give him a din kobo, mum is too old she has sword him to find a job and a place of his own he wouldn't listen. Dad was a very hard working man befor he passed away so no body else to talk to him.

As for the phone number i will change mine, but hubby can't because it's an official line, am afraid he will continue to contact hubby as soon as he discovers i ve change my line. ((((pain in the ass))))

[b]ifyalways[/b]change your numbers and your hubbys own,send him whatever you want/feel like giving him monthly without disclosing your number to him and keep praying for him.His your brother and you both are Africans,you really can't do much here

Why is the younger brother working? i am not his boss that i will ve to continue giving him mone monthly, u re not getting me i am tired of him.

he is not the only brother i ve but he is the only one that has refused to work simple.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by abujabooks(f): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2008
A man is supposed 2 take care of a woman.

Teach him responsibility & stop sending him money.

He needs 2 grow up!
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by plappville(f): 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2008
u talk well, he need to grow up, but the man don pass 40, how he wan take grow up??

if i teach him responsibility he will see it as insult, u know how our people behave sad sad sad
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by tRoOE(f): 11:34pm On Nov 16, 2008
[size=13pt]Your family is your family jare, help the guy with wateva u can 4 him to survive, do you think it easy for him, asking his little sister for money.
since you are in the position do so, why can't you help him, instead of bringing your family issue to nland

[/size]
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by H2O2: 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]Your family is your family jare, help the guy with whatever u can 4 him to survive, do you think it easy for him, asking his little sister for money.
since you are in the position do so, why can't you help him, instead of bringing your family issue to nland

[/size]
Don't mind the girl. She's talking as if she's being asked to save the world. Crybaby.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by tRoOE(f): 12:02am On Nov 17, 2008
H2O2:

Don't mind the girl. She's talking as if she's being asked to save the world. Crybaby.
[size=13pt]no mind that yeye woman jare
Was she not the same person that created a thread a while ago, saying her sister is jealous of her undecided
[/size]
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by Flakybaby(f): 12:12am On Nov 17, 2008
I can feel u, just take things easy and always put him in prayers becos as long as he has ur hubby's fone numba he will always call,
There r BLACK SHEEP IN EVERY FAMILY but they might not like ur brother,
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by iice(f): 3:42am On Nov 17, 2008
You spell it out for him how much responsibility you have with taking care of you mum, your younger ones and your own family. Try to make him understand the pressure you are going through. And if he doesn't get it, well there is only so much you can do undecided
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by TOYOSI20(f): 4:16am On Nov 17, 2008
@ OP

Not much you can do tho, if you don't have the money, . . . . I guess you just don't have it. . . . . undecided
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by hotstuff06(f): 7:14pm On Nov 17, 2008
There is no big deal in this issue.
Whenever hea skes you for money, if u can, send him some and if u can't tell him u don't have any at the moment. Don't worry about whatever else he says at least he is not with you. You can ignore his 1 million text messages until u can afford it.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by uzwu: 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2008
Poster, could you plzzzzzz tell me what's wrong with helping an elder brother who is in need? Remember this is Africa you know; If you have share with him and stop whinning grin
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by janykute: 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2008
You said you have been sending him money monthly,i guess that is for pocket money.Why not save the money(no matter how long it takes) and send it in bulk for him to establish something.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by plappville(f): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2008
Some of u are talking rubish, i thought this is a family thread section, so what is wrong in posting about my family here do u know how many time he has been given money to start up a small business that he will end up playing pool with it >: Too much of everything is bad, i harly think for myself becos of his problem, this is a guy that dad spent all he has just to make him somebody, he dissapointed every1, i cant how many times he was expealed during collage, (a hen is a hen anywhere she goes) if u give him 1 million na pool go finish the money.

tRoOE:

[size=13pt]no mind that yeye woman jare
Was she not the same person that created a thread a while ago, saying her sister is jealous of her undecided
[/size]

Yes i was the one, so what if u are one of those lucky once that doesn't ve family stress count urself lucky.
stop doubting what people write here, i don't find fun writing about my family here is just that the stress was too much for me to bear.
Anyone who is in my shoe will understands better.

(
H2O2:

must i be asked to save the world befor i cry. tell me what u can do to help a senior brother whom u ve given several amouth of money to help himself and also u take responsibilty of his son and he is still putting his bordering on u ((u just dey carry talk))
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by macro: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2008
when you marry your priority changes. so you have tried your best. taking care of your mom and other jr ones in school is enough. pls forget the old guy and let him fend for himself. he has a family of his own.

i don't like this 'it is african tradition' that make pple lazy and dependent on others. it is not a good way of life to depend on other family member for your livelihood. especially when you are over 25. so Plapp you have tried. it can be embarrassing calling your husband at work for money, na wah o.

change your number or better tell him sorry, i don't have money and tell him your life story how hard is it for you and your kids. tell your mom to warn him that he is disturbing you and that you don't have enough after taking care of the jr ones and her.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by JJYOU: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2008
no mind this people o. stop sending him money. the man has no shame. why must he be given money by a junior sister?
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by tRoOE(f): 3:50am On Nov 19, 2008
plappville:

Yes i was the one, so what [b]if u are one of those lucky once that doesn't ve family stress count yourself lucky.[/b]stop doubting what people write here, i don't find fun writing about my family here is just that the stress was too much for me to bear.
Anyone who is in my shoe will understands better.

[size=13pt]Even if they do, we know how to settle the situation without inviting the 3rd,4th e.t.c party into it.
Who said i doubted your story, all am saying is that, you should learn how to solve your family issue outside nland. when things were going fine with you and your brother back in Naija, or you want to denial the fact he has never helped, before you traveled abroad, now that things went sour you can here crying fowl.
Plz we has never been in your shoes, nor do i see them complaining about it
[/size]
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by plappville(f): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]Even if they do, we know how to settle the situation without inviting the 3rd,4th e.t.c party into it.
Who said i doubted your story, all am saying is that, you should learn how to solve your family issue outside nland. when things were going fine with you and your brother back in Naija, or you want to denial the fact he has never helped, before you traveled abroad, now that things went sour you can here crying fowl.
Plz we has never been in your shoes, nor do i see them complaining about it
[/size]

You see where u make mistake, what makes u think he has helped me befor i left Nigeria?? i was never dependent to anyone after my dad died.
I was playing football earning salary and schooling at the same time, where was my senior brother all those while he has never shown any quality of a senior brother, i didn't even asked him to help me, let him help himself by looking for something to do than playing pool can't u understandif u don't know don't judge.

A grown up family man that doesn't want to work simply because he has sister in europe, does he think i pluck mony from tree here listen to me, @ troOE, if my hubby can wake up as early as 6 am and go to work, if i can work while i was 6 months pregnant, i see no reason why my brother cannot work. u are one of those Nigerians that surport bad thing.

be informed that as the Nairaland family section is concern, i will post any family issue that borders my heart without fear, ((((if u hid ur sickness u will die with it)))) so my dear leave that thing and mind ur business if u no get better advice to contribute thank u.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by jacq(f): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2008
It is not easy i know what you going through ,you see i have this senior bro he asked for 100knaira to start a bizzness begin this year i gave him my first month loan this year to do start the bizzness and ever since he don't bother me and me i don't ask what you did with the money (bicos i just know say money grow k -leg ) did i help him or not i did what i could for him it is up to him to make the best out of it.

Then i get this second bro, he is a tailor with his own store and 2 kids, i sent him a car to use and make some money out of it but still i get calls say food no dey house and naija no easy en all dat.

so that is how most people try to help family and still dey will still keep asking for more and more,
bicos dey think you have a money growing tree in ur back yard.
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by tRoOE(f): 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2008
[size=13pt]Miss Independent ahahah so he has never given you 1 naira, what a liar !!gosh you need help

What is use of having a husband, mother and sibling if they can't advice me, why display my dirty laundry in public like you.

One thing you failed to realize is that, you might have 2day but tomm isn't guarantee.
So if you want to help him or not, na your wahala be that,so case close

[/size]
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by whatever90(f): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2008
@poster

first of all,anytime u open up a thread,u always or rather like shifting the blame to the other party,and then leave urself blameless,ive noticed this,d last time it was ur sister,now ur brother,im not gonna judge or insult him,or support u,like u want us to,no way,cos i dont know d full story

@topic

wat is ur husband saying about dis?
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by tRoOE(f): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2008
whatever90:

@poster

first of all,anytime u open up a thread,u always or rather like shifting the blame to the other party,and then leave yourself blameless,ive noticed this,d last time it was ur sister,now ur brother,I'm not going to judge or insult him,or support u,like u want us to,no way,because i don't know d full story

@topic

what is ur husband saying about this?
gbam, she said it all
Re: A Pest Brother! "looking For Words To Tell Him". by whatever90(f): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
tRoOE:

gbam, she said it all

yea,d last time,it was her sis,how her sis is jealous of her because she happend to gain a lot from d country they live in,like having kids and husband,while her sis have none,after reading all that,i was wondering who the jealous person is,she or her sis?

get a hold of ur family's life off this forum poster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nagging And Non Caring Wife / Has My Wife Finally Moved On ? Update 2 / Photo: Ladies This Is What You Get From "No Sex Before Marriage"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.