Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

PHCN Pre-paid Scam! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Pre-paid Scam! (893 Views)

Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos / Two Firms Begins Pre-paid Meter Supply,Expect 20hrs Light-Eko Disco / PHCN Pre-paid Maintenance Fees Are Illegal - NERC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
The 'power holding company of nigeria'PHCN has been indiscriminately stealing in broad-day light and nothing is been done..
I went to the PHCN office on the 29th of last month to recharge my card, on getting there, there network was bad, so I and other consumers dropped our cards and money so the staffs would recharge it a not too far station. I went back back on monday (1st of this month)to get my card;checked the receipt and saw it was exactly #3k....... Got back home recharged(still had some units), but I didn't notice the amount of unit in total.
This very morning, our light just went off, thinking they've done their normal magic. An hour late, I just noticed light outside my house, so I hurried down to the meter only to find out my unit is completely finished!.... I was so shocked, I just kept on starring @d p.o.s receipt and still thinking of how possible we'd finished units worth 3k wethin 2 weeks without high consuming electricity utilities.
This's a very high level of theft.
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by blackfase(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
NEPA PHCN or whatever the hell they are called these days are nothin but a curse to Nigeria.
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by CharlesPhc: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
Why not go back to their office and vet your anger instead of doing it on NL...!!! I was at their office this morning and saw a fellow disgruntled guy like you almost beating up every identified PHCN staff on site this Saturday morning.
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by Zuria(f): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
If the last time you recharged was 3months ago, they would remove the N750 meter maintenance fee. Also, you have to pay for VAT. The pay slip should state it grin grin

With the above assumption, it's possible for a N3,000 recharge card to be exhausted after 5days with constant power supply grin grin grin

#QED
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Zuria: If the last time you recharged was 3months ago, they would remove the N750 meter maintenance fee. Also, you have to pay for VAT. The pay slip should state it grin grin

With the above assumption, it's possible for a N3,000 recharge card to be exhausted after 5days with constant power supply grin grin grin

#QED
I paid 4 2months.. And that's #1500 for maintenance... And I got light of 1500 which was about 120kwh+dlight I had b4.
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
CharlesPhc: Why not go back to their office and vet your anger instead of doing it on NL...!!! I was at their office this morning and saw a fellow disgruntled guy like you almost beating up every identified PHCN staff on site this Saturday morning.
Should have gone Buh 2day's saturday.
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by Freest(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
Now, i happen to be working with phcn and directly with vending/prepaid cards... Seriously, as far as your receipt carries 3k, i doubt if you where cheated, especially not by the cashier. Issues like that are either tarrif has been increased(which even if, wouldn't consume ur energy that much) or your house has an earth leakage which i presume is the major cause. I would suggest you recharge again, then watch the rate it consumes, if it repeats, you can call an electrician to check your house wiring and earthing. Plus you should also inform phcn. The prepaid is no scam... Be mindful of the accusation you claim!!! grin grin
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by soundtruth(m): 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
CharlesPhc: Why not go back to their office and vet your anger instead of doing it on NL...!!! I was at their office this morning and saw a fellow disgruntled guy like you almost beating up every identified PHCN staff on site this Saturday morning.

They have getting quite a number of beatings in recent times. Then they come and roll up their wires and leave or cut power out to those areas but the people do not care. 30 hours of light a week and you pay a uselessly inflated bill.
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
Tariff is now N16.44k/Kilowatt! It was N8+ this time last year! Nigeria is gone to the bottomless pit.
grin
Re: PHCN Pre-paid Scam! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
Freest: Now, i happen to be working with phcn and directly with vending/prepaid cards... Seriously, as far as your receipt carries 3k, i doubt if you where cheated, especially not by the cashier. Issues like that are either tarrif has been increased(which even if, wouldn't consume ur energy that much) or your house has an earth leakage which i presume is the major cause. I would suggest you recharge again, then watch the rate it consumes, if it repeats, you can call an electrician to check your house wiring and earthing. Plus you should also inform phcn. The prepaid is no scam... Be mindful of the accusation you claim!!! grin grin

Thank you....... I talked to someone about it and I was told to put back the card into the meter and I left it dere 4 almost 30minutes.. Nothing happened. So I decided to insert the exact figure(with approximation) into the machine n d light came on.
Thanks to everybody for helping me out. I apologize for 'scam' heading.
Still to criticize PHCN; from the time I started using this pre-paid meter, I had only just to put and remove the card without any extra effort, so I won't really blame myself for this. But still yet, PHCN;am sorry ohh...

(1) (Reply)

BODY LANGUAGE OF Tambuwal-gej. Is Absent / Politicians And Number Of Twitter Followers. Who's The Most Popular? / BREAKING NEWS: EFCC Detains Edo House Speaker, Majority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.