Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son (2793 Views)

Mob Beat And Strips Tipper Driver Unclad For Beating Wife / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos / NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, widely considered to be the best at his position in the NFL, has been indicted in Montgomery County, Texas, on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child.

The charges reportedly stem from an incident in which Peterson allegedly punished his 4-year-old son by whipping him with a tree branch, leaving cuts and bruises on the boy’s legs, backs, buttocks, hand and scrotum.

SportsRadio 610 in Houston, which obtained the police report in the case, says Peterson told police that he believed what had happened was only normal discipline, and that he didn’t realize that he was cutting the boy’s legs until after the fact, and felt bad when he discovered those injuries. “To be honest with you, I feel very confident with my actions because I know my intent,” Peterson reportedly said. He is also said to have told police, “I know how being spanked has helped me in my life.”

Peterson is alleged to have sent a text message to the boy’s mother in which he said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right,” SportsRadio 610 reports.

In a statement, Peterson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, said, “Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas. Adrian has never hidden from what happened. He has cooperated fully with authorities and voluntarily testified before the grand jury for several hours ... It is important to remember that Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury.”

The Vikings said in a statement that they are “in the process of gathering information regarding the legal situation involving Adrian Peterson.” They have reportedly deactivated the running back for their game against the New England Patriots on Sunday.

In a separate incident in 2013, Peterson’s two-year-old son died, allegedly at the hands of the boy’s mother’s boyfriend. Peterson had only learned of that son two months before his death, and had not ever met him.

[img]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1938007.1410559310!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/adrian-peterson.jpg[/img]

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/sep/12/nfl-adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-injury-child

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
Beating up a child to the extent that the child has injuries is wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
My bad - I posted the wrong pic at first. grin

NFL has gone nuts...and the society we live in today is going to hell in a hand basket. As the black sheep in my family, I grew getting my ar.se whooped with belts and all kinds of things...and that obviously instilled a lot of things into me. It made me stronger physically and mentally, also made me fear my parents. Heck, to date - I can't even look straight into my pops' face and chat shiit to him. Despite being far taller, stronger, and bigger than him.

You should be allowed to beat your children!
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by BABE3: 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
shymexx: My bad - I posted the wrong pic at first. grin

NFL has gone nuts...and the society we live in today is going to hell in a hand basket. As the black sheep in my family, I grew getting my ar.se whooped with belts and all kinds of things...and that obviously instilled a lot of things into me. It made me stronger physically and mentally, also made me fear my parents. Heck, to date - I can't even look straight into my pops' face and chat shiit to him. Despite being far taller, stronger, and bigger than him.

Shymexx the boy is 4.

And it's mostly black people that have that "for my child to fear me I must leave marks on his body" mentality. Insecure souls. embarassed

Fűck could that poor little boy have done to be treated like Jesus Christ? Spanking, grounding, yeah but leaving marks and injuries? That's animalistic.

Some are clearly not fit to be parents.

He even left marks on his scrotum? Scrotum ni'tori olorun? I'm done. grin

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by EfemenaXY: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
Shymexx, what is it with you and violent NFL players?

And in response to your question, no. It's not right to beat up your kid. I'm totally against violence of any kind. There are better ways to make your point / drive home your message without resorting to using your fists, boots, belt buckles, tree branches, or upper-cut-knock-out-blows.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY: Shymexx, what is it with you and violent NFL players?

And in response to your question, no. It's not right to beat up your kid. I'm totally against violence of any kind. There are better ways to make your point / drive home your message without resorting to using your fists, boots, belt buckles, tree branches, or upper-cut-knock-out-blows.

Lol, I created the topics because of the media frenzy about the two incidents. And I'm also a big fan of the NFL. However, it's not like I admire violent people - I'm just trying to get people's opinions about personal standards vis-a-vis societal standards and what the mainstream media thinks.

Anyway, if you the old school methods of instilling discipline and morals in kids are somewhat archaic, and have no place in the 21st century. What methods should be applicable?
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
BABE3:
Shymexx the boy is 4.

And it's mostly black people that have that "for my child to fear me I must leave marks on his body" mentality. Insecure souls. embarassed

Fűck could that poor little boy have done to be treated like Jesus Christ? Spanking, grounding, yeah but leaving marks and injuries? That's animalistic.

Some are clearly not fit to be parents.

He even left marks on his scrotum? Scrotum ni'tori olorun? I'm done. grin

Let's say there were no cuts/marks involved - is it alright to smack a kid for being belligerent?
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Ishilove: 11:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
You tied a four year old to a tree and beat him to the extent that he had bruises on his body? shocked angry

I'm all for spanking naughty children but this is too much sad

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by cococandy(f): 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
The good days are finally here cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by cococandy(f): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
The more people are punished harshly for beating on those physically weaker than them,the better world it will turn out to be kiss

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by BABE3: 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
shymexx:

Let's say there were no cuts/marks involved - is it alright to smack a kid for being belligerent?

Yes, if it's absolutely necessary. Kids are very easy to "mold"; they emulate what parents do/say and what they see in their environments. If you're a wonderful parent yourself there will be no need to use beating as a method of discipline.

Beating is a very lazy way of parenting.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by edwife(f): 6:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
This is just wrong in so many levels,poor child. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
Where did I read that again? What was it?... Aha it says “Spare the Rod and spoil the child”.

Now don't get me wrong, spanking is good, really good but assault is a different thing on another insane level. Like this one, really Bad but he did the right thing.
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
Well...i beat mine...not proud of it ..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Seriously beating up a 4 year old until he has bruises and cuts undecided Dont understand why these american footballers cant to stick to showing their aggression on the field on people their own size and not on their families
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by damiso(f): 8:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
Bruises and Cuts is a no no. Kids are different and the occasional smack is something I won't castigate but bruises and cuts signifies alot of anger and most times alot of anger actually defeats the purpose of actually correcting the child cos its just transferred aggression.

I try never to smack my kids when I am very angry. These days sef my son would prefer a smack to facing the corner.
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2014

i only got 2 slaps from my dad as i grew up and until today i will never say crap in his face, and i respect and love that man more than life itself. That is no way of treating a 4year old child. How can u honestly think leaving cuts and bruises on a 4year old is a fit punishment.? And when these kids go around mercilessly beating other kids (because thats all they ever knew) in school you will blame it on the mother for not bringing up the child in a proper manner undecided
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by EfemenaXY: 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
shymexx:

Lol, I created the topics because of the media frenzy about the two incidents. And I'm also a big fan of the NFL. However, it's not like I admire violent people - I'm just trying to get people's opinions about personal standards vis-a-vis societal standards and what the mainstream media thinks.

Anyway, if you the old school methods of instilling discipline and morals in kids are somewhat archaic, and have no place in the 21st century. What methods should be applicable?

This question is too general.

What I can say though, is that there is a whole range of methods of instilling discipline and morals in kids. You just have to tailor your approach to suit the age and personality make-up of the child in question. For example, the way you'll relate to a toddler would be much different to how you would to an older child and again, very different to a teenager.

With regards to the personality make up of the child(ren) in question, it's worth remembering that not all kids are the same. Some are very sensitive to tone of voice and simply stating your displeasure with them may do the trick. For others, you might need a different approach. It's can be quite useful to let children know that for every action they take, there are consequences. This not only trains them to think before acting, it also encourages them to take responsibility for what they do.

One should also remember that parenting isn't just about reprimanding naughty behavior, but to listen, encourage, support, and reward good behavior.

There is a whole lot more to what I've written here and suffice to say, I've only given very general statements at best on here.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Godmystrength: 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2014

And you think this is okay? Would you want same for your children?
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
It's not just nice to beat up a kid this way,even if he is a 12 year old,this is the reason why many of these kids grow up and become violent in schools and in their relationships,cos they are used to it...how can one beat up a four year old this way angry
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 16, 2014
BABE3:
Yes, if it's absolutely necessary. Kids are very easy to "mold"; they emulate what parents do/say and what they see in their environments. If you're a wonderful parent yourself there will be no need to use beating as a method of discipline.

Beating is a very lazy way of parenting.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that.

Hopefully, I'll take note of that as I get into fatherhood in the future.
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 16, 2014
EfemenaXY:
This question is too general.

What I can say though, is that there is a whole range of methods of instilling discipline and morals in kids. You just have to tailor your approach to suit the age and personality make-up of the child in question. For example, the way you'll relate to a toddler would be much different to how you would to an older child and again, very different to a teenager.

With regards to the personality make up of the child(ren) in question, it's worth remembering that not all kids are the same. Some are very sensitive to tone of voice and simply stating your displeasure with them may do the trick. For others, you might need a different approach. It's can be quite useful to let children know that for every action they take, there are consequences. This not only trains them to think before acting, it also encourages them to take responsibility for what they do.

One should also remember that parenting isn't just about reprimanding naughty behavior, but to listen, encourage, support, and reward good behavior.

There is a whole lot more to what I've written here and suffice to say, I've only given very general statements at best on here.

Insightful. I kind of grew up in a militaristic household. My pops was in the Nigerian army for a short period, before he left the country - so high-handedness when it comes instilling discipline in the boys (my sisters were never touched) was just normal. And being the most troublesome one, it was more like a weekly thing for me - like a boot camp exercise. It was so bad that mum used to run inside her room whenever the beating session starts. I got used to it with time. Coupled with the fact that you've to be tough, to be able command some respect where I was raised. Regardless, I hated my pops so much growing up.

But I'd say that toughness induced by whatever most see as "abuse" today somewhat helped me build a survival mechanism against all odds. And most times when I look back now, I kind of appreciate my pops more - and I love him to bits for that, even if his approach might have been the wrong one. It might be Stockholm Syndrome on my part, but I just know I'm mentally stronger than most people that most people, and nothing can break me. I guess that's why I'm not viewing this from the same perspective as everyone else - naivete on my part.

Also, I remember Tony Blair once alluded to how he smacks his children whenever they do anything wrong. I can't really speak on how he does that, and the extent in which he goes. However, I believe he's also somewhat "old school" in his approach.

Anyway, thanks for the post. I guess I've to start looking at it for what it's - violent approach, and something that has no place in the 21st century.
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by soulglo: 3:15am On Sep 16, 2014
These NFL players take hits to the head a lot so they are all losing their minds. This animal needs to be tied to a tree and his testicles flogged until they fall off. Phucking low grade animals
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 16, 2014
soulglo: These NFL players take hits to the head a lot so they are all losing their minds. This animal needs to be tied to a tree and his testicles flogged until they fall off. Phucking low grade animals

Darn!! Why are you so bitter and hateful towards men? Have you got any bad experience(s) or something with an abusive guy? - you need to tell me who the guy is, so I can find him and knock his ar.se out. I just hope you're either married or in a relationship, because angry black women always stay losing hence a lot of women folk are still single despite getting closer to menopause by day.

At least, the guy is trying to be in his children's lives unlike the deadbeat ones. Yes, his methods might be somewhat old school and regrettable, but that's not enough to wish harm on a guy that has been able to go against all odds, to become a success story. I think you need to read about his background - and how much of a decent, religious, and stand-up guy Adrian Peterson is. Not all men are the same. And he has apologised for what happened.
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by soulglo: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
shymexx:

Darn!! Why are you so bitter and hateful towards men? Have you got any bad experience(s) or something with an abusive guy? - you need to tell me who the guy is, so I can find him and knock his ar.se out. I just hope you're either married or in a relationship, because angry black women always stay losing hence a lot of women folk are still single despite getting closer to menopause by day.

At least, the guy is trying to be in his children's lives unlike the deadbeat ones. Yes, his methods might be somewhat old school and regrettable, but that's not enough to wish harm on a guy that has been able to go against all odds, to become a success story. I think you need to read about his background - and how much of a decent, religious, and stand-up guy Adrian Peterson is. Not all men are the same. And he has apologised for what happened.

You would just love for it to be so. That way you could justify your nonsense. I love men. Got no place in my life for boys. A conversation about what a man is would be a fruitless conversation with you. Sorry. Just my observations. You make excuses for the worst sort of human beings. They beat up women and children and you find a way to justify it as if your very life depends on it. It makes my skin crawl. You're right about one thing though and that is you sense some disgust in my post when I talk about specific kinds of men. I'm sorry I just can't stomach them and that will never change. Women are no different. I don't like stoopeed people. Just generally. You for example blames every body for your failures. All your posts blame black women, the system, everything but yourself for the poor poor black man. Most of the men I associate with would be embarrassed to associate with someone with your mentality. I work with mostly men and when I find the time to socialize it is usually with men. So sorry Shymexx I do not have problem with men. Specific kinds of me then hell yes.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
soulglo:

You would just love for it to be so. That way you could justify your nonsense. I love men. Got no place in my life for boys. A conversation about what a man is would be a fruitless conversation with you. Sorry. Just my observations. You make excuses for the worst sort of human beings. They beat up women and children and you find a way to justify it as if your very life depends on it. It makes my skin crawl. You're right about one thing though and that is you sense some disgust in my post when I talk about specific kinds of men. I'm sorry I just can't stomach them and that will never change. Women are no different. I don't like stoopeed people. Just generally. You for example blames every body for your failures. All your posts blame black women, the system, everything but yourself for the poor poor black man. Most of the men I associate with would be embarrassed to associate with someone with your mentality. I work with mostly men and when I find the time to socialize it is usually with men. So sorry Shymexx I do not have problem with men. Specific kinds of me then hell yes.

Lmao... This has to be most ridiculous summation that I have ever read lol. Where did I blame anyone for my woes? All I did was explain why people might become a product of their own environment and their upbringing, and that's a subconscious process that you won't understand because you are bitter and spiteful. How about cite where I blamed people?

Then again, that is the bane of black people in general because we never take time out to analyse things properly and look at the bigger picture. Once we think a new consciousness is in vogue, we just jump on the bandwagon, and everyone else that can't evolve as quickly as you can, becomes a scum. People are from different backgrounds and different experiences, and you can't expect everyone to be like you. So, when people make regrettable choices in life - you should always endeavour to give them a second chance. And that's what I have been preaching. Anyway, it seems critical analysis isn't in your "dictionary" and everything about you is linear.

Also, it's hysterical that those who don't even know what a real man is, are always the first to scream "men." Being a man has absolutely nothing to do with docility and being a white knight...and I don't see how whatever mistakes these people made negated their manhoods. Anyway, I'm more of a man than any guy you have ever met - and that is on everything. It takes a man to be able to look at all sides of a story, and make judgement without allowing "groupthink" bully him. I do me, and you deal with your sissified manginas - guys who would never be able to be to make decisions without being influence by what the majority think.

Anyway, Nigerians tend to define everything in a way that defies logic. So you might be entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Let me post the ages of the two guys, so you will be able to come-back with a better retort:

Adrian Peterson: 28 years old and that was his first offence.

Ray Rice: 27 years old and that was also his first offence.

So, basically because they both made mistakes, in which they have apologised for, they ought to be destroyed, no? Despite still young and just starting out in life. I bet the "men" you run around with don't make mistakes, yes? Perfect and clean as snow in grandiose delusions.

As for what you said about making excuses: I guess you came to that conclusion based on what I posted on babe3's thread this morning. And anyone who has taken time to study the fundamental problems of black people in diaspora would agree with me.

Perhaps you should focus on why black women are the least achieving group on the planet. At least black men dominate a lot of things. What do black women dominate apart from being loutish and leading a fake lifestyle trying to be like white women?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by soulglo: 1:38am On Sep 17, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao... This has to be most ridiculous summation that I have ever read lol. Where did I blame anyone for my woes? All I did was explain why people might become a product of their own environment and their upbringing, and that's a subconscious process that you won't understand because you are bitter and spiteful. How about cite where I blamed people?

Then again, that is the bane of black people in general because we never take time out to analyse things properly and look at the bigger picture. Once we think a new consciousness is in vogue, we just jump on the bandwagon, and everyone else that can't evolve as quickly as you can, becomes a scum. People are from different backgrounds and different experiences, and you can't expect everyone to be like you. So, when people make regrettable choices in life - you should always endeavour to give them a second chance. And that's what I have been preaching. Anyway, it seems critical analysis isn't in your "dictionary" and everything about you is linear.

Also, it's hysterical that those who don't even know what a real man is, are always the first to scream "men." Being a man has absolutely nothing to do with docility and being a white knight...and I don't see how whatever mistakes these people made negated their manhoods. Anyway, I'm more of a man than any guy you have ever met - and that is on everything. It takes a man to be able to look at all sides of a story, and make judgement without allowing "groupthink" bully him. I do me, and you deal with your sissified manginas - guys who would never be able to be to make decisions without being influence by what the majority think.

Anyway, Nigerians tend to define everything in a way that defies logic. So you might be entitled to your opinion.

Shymexx you sound roughly between the age of 16 and 22. You simply sound like you have not experienced enough to see beyond your nose. You keep referring to yourself as a real man and then you shoot off at the mouth without thinking. You use words like mangina, sissified, over emotional etc to describe any man who does not reason like you. The whole time you're using those words you sound exactly like you're describing. You are so overly emotional but any chance you get you state that you're not some tampin wearing over emotional woman. The part that just blows my mind is that you don't see it. Your nurturing has somehow left you with this mentality that men who do not behave like you are feminine in behavior and not only that they are feminine but they are also very irrational. As far as men being docile, you pulled that right out of your arse right? Because nowhere did I say a simple minded or docile man is the definition of masculity. You assume that because you have convinced yourself that when a woman has a preference for an intelligent gentleman then she must want a man who is brain dead. I can't speak for you or the type if women you like. I like intelligent men. I do not like pushovers. I don't like men who bounce of the walls with ideas that are outlandish. I like a man this I can learn from and one who could learn from me. In fact I can honestly say I have never dated a stoopeed man.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by soulglo: 1:53am On Sep 17, 2014
shymexx: Let me post the ages of the two guys, so you will be able to come-back with a better retort:

Adrian Peterson: 28 years old and that was his first offence.

Ray Rice: 27 years old and that was also his first offence.

So, basically because they both made mistakes, in which they have apologised for, they ought to be destroyed, no? Despite still young and just starting out in life. I bet the "men" you run around with don't make mistakes, yes? Perfect and clean as snow in grandiose delusions.

As for what you said about making excuses: I guess you came to that conclusion based on what I posted on babe3's thread this morning. And anyone who has taken time to study the fundamental problems of black people in diaspora would agree with me.

Perhaps you should focus on why black women are the least achieving group on the planet. At least black men dominate a lot of things. What do black women dominate apart from being loutish and leading a fake lifestyle trying to be like white women?

Yawn. Shymexx add this post to the other ones were you reference black women. It's like you're in a competition in your head. For the record the Perterson guy left a scar on the head of another 4 year old son of his last year. Your role models are so impressive. As for other things in your head I don't know what babe3 thread you're talking about. In fact you have combined the NFL thread and this one together. Your anger on this thread is my condemnation of a major league football player beating a 4 year old child to the point of leaving marks on his back, legs and scrotum. Your anger at me on the NFL thread was for condemning a major league football player for sucker punching his wife. You are clearly misguided and I actually feel sorry for you. You will hit your wife and this I know for sure. Ask anybody who is married. Male or female. see how much people have to overcome before they settle into a marriage that can withstand the ups and downs of life. With your attitude you will beat your wife and children and convince yourself that it is manly and you're not sissified. You just don't get it. I have not been able to look into the backgrounds of this men but I can bet they had dis functional backgrounds. They'd have to. You are Nigerian so I am guessing there's a high chance that you grew up with both parents but your mentality is one of someone who is clearly dysfunctional. I'm waiting to see your thread were you defend rape. I'm sure there's already one floating around
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 17, 2014
soulglo:
Shymexx you sound roughly between the age of 16 and 22. You simply sound like you have not experienced enough to see beyond your nose. You keep referring to yourself as a real man and then you shoot off at the mouth without thinking. You use words like mangina, sissified, over emotional etc to describe any man who does not reason like you. The whole time you're using those words you sound exactly like you're describing. You are so overly emotional but any chance you get you state that you're not some tampin wearing over emotional woman. The part that just blows my mind is that you don't see it. Your nurturing has somehow left you with this mentality that men who do not behave like you are feminine in behavior and not only that they are feminine but they are also very irrational. As far as men being docile, you pulled that right out of your arse right? Because nowhere did I say a simple minded or docile man is the definition of masculity. You assume that because you have convinced yourself that when a woman has a preference for an intelligent gentleman then she must want a man who is brain dead. I can't speak for you or the type if women you like. I like intelligent men. I do not like pushovers. I don't like men who bounce of the walls with ideas that are outlandish. I like a man this I can learn from and one who could learn from me. In fact I can honestly say I have never dated a stoopeed man.

I asked you simple questions, however, rather than provide answers - you went on a tangent, with another utterly disrespectful rant.

Well, it's typical for those who always try to mask their medieval mentality with pseudo-society-speaks, just because they feel it's the cool thing to be in today's world, without necessarily understanding that different factors contribute to the actions of an individual. And when someone isn't a serial offender - and in a one-off situation, where the person has owned up to his obvious mistake - he deserves a second chance. Especially, when it involves a career that's built on what's about to be taken from that person. That's basically what I've been telling you. However, because you're stuck on that linear mentality - defined by public opinions, anyone that disagrees with you isn't a man.

Listen, I'll never bend over to your opinions because they're myopic. Any man that would do that, is definitely not a man, based on what a real man should be. And like I said earlier: only manginas, docile, and sissified men bend over to women. Real men analyse things, get better understanding, and look at the bigger picture - before making decisions. A real man knows that with both incidents, if you're to take away the careers of these two men - something they love doing and that pays their bills, then you're going to destroy them. And even the victims, who're also part of their immediate families, will also be affected in the process - because they're the bread-winners. That's logical reasoning right there, based on wider understanding of the whole situation - something that's foreign to you. Now, tell me who's emotional here?

Honestly, I don't care about how old you think I'm. Whatever you think is inconsequential because you're no different from folks with the African meet pseudo-western mentality that I stay away from as far as possible. Due to myopic understanding of things; definition of things in the most illogical manners; and the superficial outlook to everything. Making folks like that understand anything is basically like talking to a table, due to an innate mentality that's somewhat medieval, but masked with all kinds of innuendos. The way folks who are like that understand things is bizarre and most times it's about parroting public opinions, without any logical input whatsoever.

I'd say this: I'm more of a man than any guy you ever met. Perhaps, one day, when you actually meet a real man, who became a man at age 16 and started taking responsibilities for himself, at the same age. Living alone. Did everything by himself for over a decade, with astute decision making - and took himself to a position where most of his peers look up to him. Someone who can never be broken mentally. Then you will understand what a real man is. I don't bend over for no one - and I stand my ground at all times.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 17, 2014
soulglo:
Yawn. Shymexx add this post to the other ones were you reference black women. It's like you're in a competition in your head. For the record the Perterson guy left a scar on the head of another 4 year old son of his last year. Your role models are so impressive. As for other things in your head I don't know what babe3 thread you're talking about. In fact you have combined the NFL thread and this one together. Your anger on this thread is my condemnation of a major league football player beating a 4 year old child to the point of leaving marks on his back, legs and scrotum. Your anger at me on the NFL thread was for condemning a major league football player for sucker punching his wife. You are clearly misguided and I actually feel sorry for you. You will hit your wife and this I know for sure. Ask anybody who is married. Male or female. see how much people have to overcome before they settle into a marriage that can withstand the ups and downs of life. With your attitude you will beat your wife and children and convince yourself that it is manly and you're not sissified. You just don't get it. I have not been able to look into the backgrounds of this men but I can bet they had dis functional backgrounds. They'd have to. You are Nigerian so I am guessing there's a high chance that you grew up with both parents but your mentality is one of someone who is clearly dysfunctional. I'm waiting to see your thread were you defend rape. I'm sure there's already one floating around

Back to spouting more tripes, based on innuendos. You're a funny character, and it's pity you sound ridiculously unintelligent, because I actually thought you were more intelligent than this - my bad. What's your level of education?

1). Where did I ever call both players my role model? Heck, I posited on the other thread that sportsmen shouldn't be role models to anyone. Just because I love a particular sport for entertainment, that doesn't mean I look up them as my role model. I'd say you're like a gift that keeps on giving: (i) You clearly don't have an understanding of what a man is. (ii). You don't know what a role model is.

2). How do you know I'll hit my wife, when I've been more than one in long relationships, and I'm always around girls - but I've never hit any of them? Another illogical and emotional nonsense. You must be a psychic. Just stop spouting tosh about things you don't know.

Well, since logical reasoning is foreign to you: let me tell you a little me. I was raised by a mum and a nan who taught me from early never to touch or hurt any woman. And that's what governs how I deal with women. Hence I'm still best of friends with every chic I've ever been with, or had any type of fling with. And none of them will ever tell you that I'm a women beater. As for being a potential child abuser: why the fecky fvck will I ever be one, when I've already got a masterplan for my unborn kids, and the only reason why I've not started making babies now is because I want to be in a mental space that will allow me give them the best life has to offer?

Folks like you are ridiculous and you disgust me. You just read everything backwards, and translate the simplest things based on emotional impulses, and not logical reasoning. I guess it has more to do with your past than anything else. Regardless, don't read whatever I posit, based on whatever residual emotions you carried over from your past, read it with an open mind. I'm not your past!

And why the fvck will I defend ra.pe? You have lost it!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 17, 2014
I guess Charles Barkley is also not a man based on your bitter mentality, for saying the truth:

'Every black parent in the South whips their child': Charles Barkley defends Adrian Peterson days after football star is indicted on charges of child abuse

Barkley is claiming however that he believes this to be perfectly acceptable, and he went through much the same when he was a child.

'I’ve had many welts on my legs. I’ve gotten beat with switches – and I don’t even like the term,' Barkley stated.

'When the media talks about it, ‘beating a child,’ … we called it "spanking" or "whipping" our kids.'

He then added, 'I think we have to really be careful trying to teach other parents how to discipline their kids. That’s a very fine line.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756671/Every-black-parent-South-whips-child-Charles-Barkley-defends-Adrian-Peterson-days-football-star-indicted-charges-child-abuse.html#ixzz3DXJ8NfjT

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

There's Nothing Sinful About Having A Caesarean Section! / How Would You Feel If Your Child Replicated Your Lifestyle? / How Do I Convince My Wife I Appreciate Her And Love Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.