Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son (2794 Views)

Mob Beat And Strips Tipper Driver Unclad For Beating Wife / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos / NFL Player Knocks Out His Fiancee - What Do You Think?(Viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 17, 2014
And this is the translation of the American law in Texas:

When Abuse Is Not Abuse

Don’t expect Adrian Peterson to go to prison. In much of America, beating your kids is perfectly legal.

The Texas statute under which Peterson was charged criminalizes “bodily injury” to a child “recklessly, or with criminal negligence.” But Texas courts have held that parents may still physically punish their children with a limited degree of force when such punishment is “necessary to discipline [the] child or to safeguard or promote his welfare.”

When is force “necessary to discipline” a child? That’s up to the jury. And juries in Texas have interpreted the statute rather generously: Parents who slap or whip their children in what might be deemed the “traditional” way tend to get off scot-free.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2014/09/adrian_peterson_and_corporal_punishment_in_america_it_s_largely_legal.2.html
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 17, 2014
Your bitter emotional outburst disgust me!
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by soulglo: 6:07am On Sep 17, 2014
shymexx:

Back to spouting more tripes, based on innuendos. You're a funny character, and it's pity you sound ridiculously unintelligent, because I actually thought you were more intelligent than this - my bad. What's your level of education?

1). Where did I ever call both players my role model? Heck, I posited on the other thread that sportsmen shouldn't be role models to anyone. Just because I love a particular sport for entertainment, that doesn't mean I look up them as my role model. I'd say you're like a gift that keeps on giving: (i) You clearly don't have an understanding of what a man is. (ii). You don't know what a role model is.

2). How do you know I'll hit my wife, when I've been more than one in long relationships, and I'm always around girls - but I've never hit any of them? Another illogical and emotional nonsense. You must be a psychic. Just stop spouting tosh about things you don't know.

Well, since logical reasoning is foreign to you: let me tell you a little me. I was raised by a mum and a nan who taught me from early never to touch or hurt any woman. And that's what governs how I deal with women. Hence I'm still best of friends with every chic I've ever been with, or had any type of fling with. And none of them will ever tell you that I'm a women beater. As for being a potential child abuser: why the fecky fvck will I ever be one, when I've already got a masterplan for my unborn kids, and the only reason why I've not started making babies now is because I want to be in a mental space that will allow me give them the best life has to offer?

Folks like you are ridiculous and you disgust me. You just read everything backwards, and translate the simplest things based on emotional impulses, and not logical reasoning. I guess it has more to do with your past than anything else. Regardless, don't read whatever I posit, based on whatever residual emotions you carried over from your past, read it with an open mind. I'm not your past!

And why the fvck will I defend ra.pe? You have lost it!

Good night child

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 17, 2014
soulglo:

Good night child

Ciao village kid trying to get funky.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2014
Shymexx, why r u wasting your passion and energy in trying to explain what should be bread and butter to the little girl? Her mentality is like that of a person who is seriously hurting.
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
kindabigg: Shymexx, why r u wasting your passion and energy in trying to explain what should be bread and butter to the little girl? Her mentality is like that of a person who is seriously hurting.

My bad. I just wasted a few hours of my life trying to educate an ignorant and unintelligent kid.

Her skewed understanding is typical of those naija villagers who make opinions based on TV and what they read and not a general understanding of anything.
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by 2CatWoman: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
shymexx: Let me post the ages of the two guys, so you will be able to come-back with a better retort:

Adrian Peterson: 28 years old and that was his first offence.

Ray Rice: 27 years old and that was also his first offence.

So, basically because they both made mistakes, in which they have apologised for, they ought to be destroyed, no? Despite still young and just starting out in life. I bet the "men" you run around with don't make mistakes, yes? Perfect and clean as snow in grandiose delusions.

As for what you said about making excuses: I guess you came to that conclusion based on what I posted on babe3's thread this morning. And anyone who has taken time to study the fundamental problems of black people in diaspora would agree with me.

Perhaps you should focus on why black women are the least achieving group on the planet. At least black men dominate a lot of things. What do black women dominate apart from being loutish and leading a fake lifestyle trying to be like white women?

The first offence where they were caught out perhaps? They shouldn't lose everything just like that but

Americans take sporting role models very seriously so anything like cheating on wife(not girlfriend), doing drugs, assaults are

frowned upon by sponsors so clubs need to look like they are doing something.

Shymmex, why all this now sad ??
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
2CatWoman:
The first offence where they were caught out perhaps? They shouldn't lose everything just like that but

Americans take sporting role models very seriously so anything like cheating on wife(not girlfriend), doing drugs, assaults are

frowned upon by sponsors so clubs need to look like they are doing something.

Shymmex, why all this now sad ??

However, why can't they do same with those folks who are actually meant to be role models - those who ought to lead by example? Bill Clinton cheated on his wife but he never lost his job as the president. Heck, he's still the most celebrated American president alive. Ditto all the American Pastors caught molesting children, and catholic priests.

These folks are paid to do sports and entertain people, not role models.

Sorry about that. The girl attacked black men, and I had to question the achievements of black women. My bad.
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by 2CatWoman: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yes but the players are endorsed by sponsors who pay large sums of MONEY to advertise/promote their products. Usually millions of dollars. If the offence goes against public sentiment then sponsors pull the plug.

You don't want your kiddies breakfast cereal advertised by a perceived thug or druggie?

I don't know anything about NFL but I presume these guys are hot property otherwise the team owners wouldn't have sat on the the Ray Rice video for so long.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
2CatWoman: Yes but the players are endorsed by sponsors who pay large sums of MONEY to advertise/promote their products. Usually millions of dollars. If the offence goes against public sentiment then sponsors pull the plug.

You don't want your kiddies breakfast cereal advertised by a perceived thug or druggie?

I don't know anything about NFL but I presume these guys are hot property otherwise the team owners wouldn't have sat on the the Ray Rice video for so long.

Very logical and I completely agree with you about the sponsors. And I honestly don't have problems with them pulling the plugs on endorsements, in which most of them have done.

However, what I have got a problem with is media frenzy all over trivial incidents by sportsmen who aren't even meant to be role models in the first place - and the suggestions that their means to livelihood should be taken away from them. Most of these guys are from all kinds of dysfunctional backgrounds, and the sports they do are just for entertainment purpose and that's the only thing they have got. If they commit any crime, the law should deal with that, and give them the adequate punishments - not the media blowing things out of proportions for ratings. However, when you start campaigning for the destruction of folks over mistakes that are more of a societal thing, then it becomes problematic.

Also, as someone who knows imperfection is what makes us human - I just want to see these guys learn from their mistakes (which they have done) and get back on the football field, to put a smile of people's faces. That's my fantasy team right there lol.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by pickabeau1: 11:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Damn..some NL women are so angry

If its not side chic vs main chic, its man hating

If not that its who has the better relationship or is more mouthed.

Damn..

Topic..

This is an issue that crosses a spectrum
This guy went too far..does it include span king too?
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Here I was thinking I was the only one who seeing this madness going on TV.

Ronaldo is a great footballer then suddenly he should be angel gabe. Any parent who thinks their kids should get more than a wasn't that an awesome goal from a sports man ought to be locked up.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiii angry angry
Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Nobody: 3:28am On Sep 18, 2014
I hope it's okay if I butt in a bit

People always get extremely sensitive when it comes to children because they are defenseless. Most people you will find screaming are women,mothers who know the pain of childbirth..
The problem with beating is that some people are not able to control themselves ,and then the line blurs from discipline to brutality.
A 4 year old is still a very small child in his formative years,still forming his personality ,still inquisitive and innocent. You have to ask what a 4 year old would do to warrant beatings,beatings that left him bleeding.
You do understand that a lot of force must have been exerted to achieve that goal.
I keep wondering whether there's any satisfaction in watching a child scream in agony?How can someone be comfortable while inflicting pain on a child for something that may be corrected in a less distressing manner.

This Adrian guy used a branch,stuffed the boys mouth with leaves and flogged him till he bled.To all the males here,a tug on your balls or a tight squeeze would make you screech in pain,please imagine this small boy caned on his scrotum??
The thought is unbearable to me.

This same man has also beaten another kid and the kid hit his head probably while trying to dodge and sustained an injury.These are just the ones that have been reported.Im pretty sure he's done more.
For how long will this sort of thing go on? is it till he beats another kid to coma or death that he will get stopped?
When you want to hit a man,hit him where it hurts most..his pocket.that will make him take a step back and re evaluate his actions.
If this is what it takes to save his kids,so be it.

The other day,a woman made a child sit on an electric stove and it burnt her skin off.Someone also talked of a woman who put pepper in her sons privates..Where does it stop?If you ask them,they feel it's all part of discipline.

My mother practised tae kwando on all of us her kids,we all turned out well yes but I believe there's a better way,my mom beat cos she believed that's the best she knew.I know I can correct without raining blows on my child.Yes,the kid drives me mad sometimes but I try to restrain myself.Smack on bombom,a tap on the hand,5 strokes of cane? To each his own but where will the line be drawn?How do we stop these from turning into full blown brutality

Cheers and sorry for the epistle.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Yemlizzy(f): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2014
pickabeau1: Damn..some NL women are so angry

If its not side chic vs main chic, its man hating

If not that its who has the better relationship or is more mouthed.

Damn..

Topic..

This is an issue that crosses a spectrum
This guy went too far..does it include span king too?
Lol...it happenscheesy NL is usually very dramatic these days.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Beat Your Child?- NFL Player Deactivated For Beating His Son by Quirekoon: 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2020
This is acceptable in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help. The Yams I Bought Very Expensive. They Are Now Rotting Away / I Have Been Hearing My Name 2am Every Night / Please People Is It Compulsory To Greet Everyone Around You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.