Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195358 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kadree(m): 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
Pls doc,laterly I started noticing some wetness on my eyes,though I av history of IOP which is accompanied by itches and a eye drop drug(ivetim*l) was prescribe by a doc but dis wetness doesn't come wit itches,its painless too...
I avnt used d drug for some months now pls what is ur advise for me
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
ba7man:
I was struck in my eye with a metal object about a month ago.

Its healed and though the sight is not perfect as it used to be (I sometimes have to close the eye to focus better with the other and sudden eye movement takes time to focus).

The main concern is a flash of light.......like light caught in a drop of water that flashes past a corner of my sight at intervals. Its quite distracting.

Pls, What could it be??
Flashes of light is something that require quick assessment and proper management. Flashes usually have when anything touches or tug on ur retina. You could have had vitreous detachment or retinal detachment. Pls take that seriously and visit a good eye clinic. Do u also experience floaters ??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thunder04:
I have been using Getamincin eye drop ;for red eye and itchy, which is also anti-bacteria drug and it works for me. What i need now is to tell me drug to use for permanet cure. Give me your email please.
the drug u mentioned are drugs 4 bacteria infection,and itchy eye and red eyes can't be bacterial infection if there is no discharge. It can possibly due to allergic reactions if no refractive error is present..u can get sparsallerg,ivycrom or antallerge eye drop and use 2drops 3x daily for 28days...tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Blackchampion(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
please I need a proper and detailed information about the kind of lump.does it comes with pain or its painless,affects your vision,increasing in size,or any e.t.c;so that a I won't be misdiagnosing it.Thank you
Blackchampion:
Yeah @ drsteroid & jauntty dis is happening to me, exactly as u stated above. Whats d way forward sir cos it pains my left eye n blurs my vision most times.
Attention needed above. Thanks

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ba7man(m): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Flashes of light is something that require quick assessment and proper management. Flashes usually have when anything touches or tug on ur retina. You could have had vitreous detachment or retinal detachment. Pls take that seriously and visit a good eye clinic. Do u also experience floaters ??
If its the microscopic strands floating infront of my view........yes. cry
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by peleson: 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
What causes redness and rarely sometimes iching. And how can I get night vision goggle or glasses for person with difficulties seeing in dark places? Email kempetservices@gmail.com
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
dear doc, I have dis tiny lump on the upper lid of my right eye (very close to the lashes}although its painless and doesn't increase in size buh it can be a bit uncomfortable at times.what could be the cause, and aw can I possibly get rid of it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kellyJames5(m): 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
Dear Dr.
Please what can be done to re-position the eye position,I mean;when I'm looking at someone,the person would think I'm looking at another I.e 4 o'clock eye.
Please help,because it's really embracing me.
Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
kadree:
Pls doc,laterly I started noticing some wetness on my eyes,though I av history of IOP which is accompanied by itches and a eye drop drug(ivetim*l) was prescribe by a doc but dis wetness doesn't come wit itches,its painless too...
Wetness or tearing could result from dry eye, viral infection or even Astigmatism. Do u experience that everyday or when u perform certain activities that require detailed visual task Secondly, if u have history of IOP, then u MUST use ur drugs, go every month for IOP test, cus you can be at risk of developing glaucoma which is a sight-threatening condition. Contact me.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marvelling(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed

Pls Dr. anytime I close my eyes (mostly especially at night when I feel sleepy) I feel that there is something coarse under my eyelids. It doesn't itch, but I feel something is there when I close my eyes and move my head sideways or up & down. I tried to take a look under my eyelid using a mirror but there is nothing there except blood vessels. Pls Dr. what's the problem?

@jauntty pls answer this question too.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by prettyjo(f): 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
I am short sighted and have been wearing an eye glass for the past six years. the most frustrating part is that the eye is not correcting.my point moved from -4 to -7. and the doctor said its getting worse.please can you tell me what to do. av changed eye glasses thrice
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
My eyes is always itching me... and i always scratch it whenever the itching starts, and after then my eyes will be so redish , pple starts suspecting if Am smoking
i have gone to many hospitals nd yet nothing, i have used more than 50 eye drops
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by mecussey(m): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Ocular pressure is one major risk factor for glaucoma but it doesn't mean every high ocular pressure is glaucoma. Some pressure can be low and the eye can still dev glaucoma. Secondly alcohol doesn't cause floaters. Floaters indicates that something is not so right inside the eye. It might not be serious tho. So answer this 3 Questions. 1. Do u see sudden flashes of light. 2. Are the floaters increasing at a fast rate. 3. Do u have pain?

Yea...when I move my eye ball up or down, left or right, I see a flashs sometimes like a circle. I never noticed it until I was diagnosed with those eye drops. I told the doc..he said it has sth to do with the retina but its is not serious yet. I don't have pains, but the floaters increased then but no longer increasing that much. I also see rainbow around bright lights at night. The doc said its due to the pressure and glaucoma. My question again is ...is the rainbow thing sign that I have not treated the glaucoma well? All these symptoms are worse when I drink which I have reduced by all means. I read somewhere that weed (marijuana) helps those with glaucoma, pls have you confirmed that in Nigeria?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by justsmile(f): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good day doc

My eyes hurt whenever I am under the sun. What is the cause?!

Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
ba7man:
If its the microscopic strands floating infront of my view........yes. cry
There is a high chance that u have vitreous or retinal detachment due to the injury.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by abduldope(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
@doctor pls wt do recommend for me... Am having blur vision viewn tins frm far I.e tv,black-board. Do I nid glasses ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
kadree:
i gess d drug u re tryin 2 mention is ivytimol..if u ve been diagnosed of having high intraocular pressure,u nid 2 use ur drugs everyday until u re told 2 stop by ur eye doctor...so u nid take dis serius as constant raised intraocular pressure is a risk factor 4 glaucoma.tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
john4reala:
My eyes is always itching me... and i always scratch it whenever the itching starts, and after then my eyes will be so redish , pple starts suspecting if Am smoking
i have gone to many hospitals nd yet nothing, i have used more than 50 eye drops
wat r the name of some of the eyedrops u have used?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kadree(m): 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Wetness or tearing could result from dry eye, viral infection or even Astigmatism. Do u experience that everyday or when u perform certain activities that require detailed visual task Secondly, if u have history of IOP, then u MUST use ur drugs, go every month for IOP test, cus you can be at risk of developing glaucoma which is a sight-threatening condition. Contact me.
Okaay doc.tnk u so much.shud d drug b used everyday? Still gona get intouch though.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by stevebent(m): 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
I cant see written objects that are far away.. what can I do?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ba7man(m): 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
There is a high chance that u have vitreous or retinal detachment due to the injury.
God bless you. I'll have it checked out A.S.A.P.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
abduldope:
@doctor pls wt do recommend for me... Am having blur vision viewn tins frm far I.e tv,black-board. Do I nid glasses ?
Yes Sir. You might have myopia or myopic astigmatism. See an eye doctor.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
kadree:

Okaay doc.tnk u so much.shud d drug b used everyday? Still gona get intouch though.
Yes. Depending on the doctor's instruction. Do it religiously.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kadree(m): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
i gess d drug u re tryin 2 mention is ivytimol..if u ve been diagnosed of having high intraocular pressure,u nid 2 use ur drugs everyday until u re told 2 stop by ur eye doctor...so u nid take dis serius as constant raised intraocular pressure is a risk factor 4 glaucoma.tanx
oh! I jst av to get it tomoro.tnks n God bless
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by SexyRihanna(f): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
is this a post or advert?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
justsmile:
Good day doc

My eyes hurt whenever I am under the sun. What is the cause?!

Thanks
do u feel comfortable whenever u use a sunshade?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mrfils(m): 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
I find it difficult to open my eyes wide wen it's sunny . my eyes doesn't jst adjust well to d light. Also itching n teary from time to time. Av used some eyedrops in d past. Wasn't born with white clear eyes too, kinda red.. Any help?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kadree(m): 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Yes. Depending on the doctor's instruction. Do it religiously.
I will.tnks so much
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Codedboy95(m): 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
hello doc, there has been a chalazion in my left eye for over 4months now and it refuses to go. it's neither getter big nor smaller, please what can i do to get rid of it ?
p.s i have been using warm water to press it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
prettyjo:
I am short sighted and have been wearing an eye glass for the past six years. the most frustrating part is that the eye is not correcting.my point moved from -4 to -7. and the doctor said its getting worse.please can you tell me what to do. av changed eye glasses thrice
My response will be abit lengthy and I might need to ask a few questions. Send me a mail or contact me. I will get back to u.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
wat r the name of some of the eyedrops u have used?
i cnt remember because av given up, i stoped using them for the past 2weeks, all i know is that some of their names ends with ....xyn
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
Codedboy95:
hello doc, there has been a chalazion in my left eye for over 4months now and it refuses to go. it's neither getter big nor smaller, please what can i do to get rid of it ?
p.s i have been using warm water to press it
Are u using any eyedrop or eye ointment

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.