Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195340 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by heykims(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
My question is 'are u a medical doctor?'
If u re, then u re a disgrace to d profession for opening a thread ds..
However, I'm pretty sure a medical doctor won't descend ds low at least for d mere sake of his silence.
Assessment: u most likely a Joh_s_ite, feel d doctor's breeze mimentrily dude..
differential: a morally nd ethically decayed med doctor
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by mztubsy(f): 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
Doctor,is there any cure for strabismus?....I'd like to know cuz someon close to me is going tru psychological trauma due to this "deformity".I've done quite a few research on strabismus and I found out that surgery can be done.tho it can be complicated @ times.please dr,I'd like you to enlighten me more on this issue.its quite depressing.thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mrfils:
I find it difficult to open my eyes wide wen it's sunny . my eyes doesn't jst adjust well to d light. Also itching n teary from time to time. Av used some eyedrops in d past. Wasn't born with white clear eyes too, kinda red.. Any help?
Sounds like either allergy or astigmatism. Have u done checked ur eye before in a clinic What eyedrops r u using
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Codedboy95(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Are u using any eyedrop or eye ointment
i don't
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
mztubsy:
Doctor,is there any cure for strabismus?....I'd like to know cuz someon close to me is going tru psychological trauma due to this "deformity".I've done quite a few research on strabismus and I found out that surgery can be done.tho it can be complicated @ times.please dr,I'd like you to enlighten me more on this issue.its quite depressing.thanks in anticipation of your reply.
Surgery can be done but not in Nigeria tho. Secondly how old is the person ? Visual training can be helpful for younger patients.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Obinnio: 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Great work Doc, please I know you've said about red eyes but I want to detail my case so that you look into it,
I once had a hit on one of my eye by my bro while playing like 5years back,heavy hit which swelled the eye .and the problem now is
1) I do have red eyes every time I sleep and wake up and more especially in the morning but the eye I got the hit is usually more red and brings more discharge, even without sleeping my eyes at times becomes red and people will be asking if I smoked.
2) I use laptop heavily and at times I will have heavy eyes while using it or even while reading but I can read clearly both far and near. so I haven't totally concluded what is the cause for heavy and red eyes,Take note,one is always more red,and even phones gives me heavy eyes
3) I have tried glasses but immediately I put it on I'll start having tears and pains,my eyes will be drawing me,what do I do to correct it or what can I do about it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Rooneyboy(m): 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good day doctor !

I've done series of eye tests in the last two months and in the three different eye hospitals they said what I'm presently experiencing is a "chalazion" , I've been given some eye drops and ointment in all of these hospitals and noticed a little positive effect.

Lately I went to maxivision and they also gave me their eyedrops and ointment and I noticed the chalazion leaving the affected eye(left eye) to the second eye(right eye); now what I have is a black patch on the the first (troubled eye)that is, the black patch has taken the place of the once reddish chalazion,while the second eye seem to be the one experiencing the chalazion right ontop of the eyebrow.

I was given an injection on both eyes on monday last week and was advised to massage the chalazion daily from time to time that they were going to disappear naturally.

Now, what I would really like to know is if we do have natural foods / fruits that are good for the eyes ?

Again, I changed environment mid this year(MAY precisely, from lagos to the north) and started experiencing all these eye wahala shortly after my move. Could my move to the north have any effect on what I'm presently experiencing cos I reside in a very DUSTY environment in the north, as I'm made to understand that the chalazion is an eye infection?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Codedboy95(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
Jasboi:
dear doc, I have dis tiny lump on the upper lid of my right eye (very close to the lashes}although its painless and doesn't increase in size buh it can be a bit uncomfortable at times.what could be the cause, and aw can I possibly get rid of it?
i think it's a chalazion i have the same
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
heykims:
However, I'm pretty sure a medical doctor won't descend ds low at least for d mere sake of his silence.
What's the one saying

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
kellyJames5:
Dear Dr.
Please what can be done to re-position the eye position,I mean;when I'm looking at someone,the person would think I'm looking at another I.e 4 o'clock eye.
Please help,because it's really embracing me.
Thanks.
good day bro,wot u re having is tropia/strabismus..the. Treatment option available now is orthoptic training which must be done by an orthoptist..dis training will help allign the eyes by working on the eye muscles..surgery is better if it was diagnosed earlier and when stil young..try visit an eye clinic or govt hospitals were eycare services re offered so that u can be directed to an orthoptist
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
Codedboy95:
i don't
Chalazion is very stubborn to manage n treat. You will need to massage it (warm compress) and use eye ointment every night. It might take weeks or months to resolve tho.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
john4reala:

i cnt remember because av given up, i stoped using them for the past 2weeks, all i know is that some of their names ends with ....xyn
Send me an email.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by sekzy99(m): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@ gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by idu1(m): 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
People r taking there eye for granted in this country.........
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Obinnio:
Great work Doc, please I know you've said about red eyes but I want to detail my case so that you look into it,
I once had a hit on one of my eye by my bro while playing like 5years back,heavy hit which swelled the eye .and the problem now is
1) I do have red eyes every time I sleep and wake up and more especially in the morning but the eye I got the hit is usually more red and brings more discharge, even without sleeping my eyes at times becomes red and people will be asking if I smoked.
2) I use laptop heavily and at times I will have heavy eyes while using it or even while reading but I can read clearly both far and near. so I haven't totally concluded what is the cause for heavy and red eyes,Take note,one is always more red,and even phones gives me heavy eyes
3) I have tried glasses but immediately I put it on I'll start having tears and pains,my eyes will be drawing me,what do I do to correct it or what can I do about it
did u visit any eye clinic wen d trauma happened 5years ago? For the discharge,its as a result of infections,I advise u visit an eye clinic 4 a comprehensive eye test as soon as possible..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Rooneyboy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Codedboy95:
i think it's a chalazion i have the same

We seem to be so many of us experiencing the problem.

Are u on any drug ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marvelling(m): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
marvelling:

Pls Dr. anytime I close my eyes (mostly especially at night when I feel sleepy) I feel that there is something coarse under my eyelids. It doesn't itch, but I feel something is there when I close my eyes and move my head sideways or up & down. I tried to take a look under my eyelid using a mirror but there is nothing there except blood vessels. Pls Dr. what's the problem?

@jauntty & drsteroid pls answer this question too.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by abduldope(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Yes Sir. You might have myopia or myopic astigmatism. See an eye doctor.
@doc wit tym will I gt my fomer vision back...
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=marvelling post=27464736][/quote] Do u experience tearing? Are there discharge associated with that coarse feeling?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marvelling(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Do u experience tearing? Are there discharge associated with that coarse feeling?

Yes. But, tearing mostly occurs early in the morning or whenever I wake up from sleep. I don't experience any discharge of any sort.

@jauntty and drsteroid
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by sadiku95(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
Pls. How much does cataract surgery cost.. And pls can one treat cataract with drugs?? Or is a surgery needed.. Cos I have a blurry vission and I think it's cataract..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ameer2: 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
Is it true dat too much masturbation can cause myopia?

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
abduldope:
@doc wit tym will I gt my fomer vision back...
Refractive errors such as myopia means dat light does not focus properly on your retina. The glasses will push the light to d retina so that u see clearly and comfortably. It doesn't cure the errors. The corrections is ONLY wen u r putting on the glasses.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
heykims:
please try read the first page of this thread if u don't know what this thread is 4...tanx

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by diji04(m): 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
drsteroid:
good day bro,wot u re having is tropia/strabismus..the. Treatment option available now is orthoptic training which must be done by an orthoptist..dis training will help allign the eyes by working on the eye muscles..surgery is better if it was diagnosed earlier and when stil young..try visit an eye clinic or govt hospitals were eycare services re offered so that u can be directed to an orthoptist
Dr pls can de surgery been done 4someone above 25 yrs of age?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by StreamerBlogger: 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
I prescibe u use Acid...Two drops morning and nite... ur eyes will bcome as white as snow shocked
Prodigee:
Abeg hw I fit make ma eye whiter...it's quite red? Wetin I fit apply or take to achieve whiter eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Codedboy95(m): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
jauntty:
Chalazion is very stubborn to manage n treat. You will need to massage it (warm compress) and use eye ointment every night. It might take weeks or months to resolve tho.
okay thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
ameer2:
Is it true dat too much masturbation can cause myopia?
No sir. Although some might experience momentarily blackout for some microseconds @ d point of expulsion.

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Cogent: 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
heykims:

You need to get that chip off your shoulder. The eye doctors on this thread are only trying to help and they have good intentions so please stop insulting them. As for the statement in bold, please read this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/1875196/health-advice-doctors-online

A medical doctor started a similar thread to this one so your claim is fallacious.

@all those having glaucoma or having family members with glaucoma: you all need to get all the members of your family tested for glaucoma and check to see if your eye pressures are normal because glaucoma is a hereditary condition and it runs in families. If a member of a family has the condition, then it is likely that another member will develop it. Note that I said likely, and not certainly.
So get your family members tested to ensure that their eye pressures are within the normal range.

3 Likes

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Abdull300(m): 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
Sir,,, please i need help, my eyes dont' blink's and i noticed my sight always decreasing, what i will do?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jauntty: 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
sadiku95:
Pls. How much does cataract surgery cost.. And pls can one treat cataract with drugs?? Or is a surgery needed.. Cos I have a blurry vission and I think it's cataract..
Have u been diagnosed of cataracts ? Because plenty things can cause blur vision. Things like refractive errors, corneal issues or even high blood sugar. Drugs don't cure cataracts, it can help minimize d progression. When the cataracts is matured u will need to do cataract extraction.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Codedboy95(m): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
Rooneyboy:

We seem to be so many of us experiencing the problem.

Are u on any drug ?
no i only use warm water to press it, and it started itching me of recent sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.