Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

THE WEB - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116943 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by mariamferanmi(f): 9:48am On Nov 10, 2014
My sweet candy whr are thou now!!! *sad* face I hope all is well sha
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
Where art thou o candy
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 11, 2014
Ah ahn! Candy,no update yet? Come and update,i'm back.
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
Wia u CANDY?
Re: THE WEB by arabaribiti(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Candy pls update ghost mode gone
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
I just hope You're okay.
#still here#
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
Wow...thanks ya all for your love and concern! Here is me saying sorry for not updating for sometime. Unfortunately, my last few updates were typed on hubby's tab and he traveled with it.

My work schedule coupled with taking care of ma kids didn't afford me the opportunity to type over again, I just had to wait it out. Ma man is back and he sends his apology...will update in the morning by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by lenmafon: 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
ok ma. greet ur husie and pikins 4 me o! gudi gudi nite
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2014

"It was hell", madam ty sighed and looked at her daughter who had been listening to her story silently. Bolu stood up from the expensive reclining leather sofa, their most prized possession, a gift from Ade.

"At least, you have me and you can see Tobi anytime," Bolu consoled her mother.
"Hmm, I can't fight Mrs Seriki and I can't confront your brother". Tears welled up her eyes and she wiped them with the tip of her wrapper. Bolu placed her arm around her mother's shoulders and tried to console her without letting her see her own tears.

"So, did you see Mr Emma after the day he was sent packing?", she asked out of curiosity. In her mind, she couldn't rule out the possibility of him being their father, though she dared not ask for fear of her mother feeling bad that she doubted her.

"I've not seen Oga Emma since, but I made a promise that if I ever have enough money to trace him, I will", she said.

Bolu jumped on her feet, elated, "now you can, mum!"
"Yes, I will. He is from Ekpoma, his father was a soldier, and I still remember his surname".
"Good, mum, good. Me, you and Ade can go look for him using the information you have..."
Her mother looked at her with surprise, before asking, "Boluwatife, why are you so interested in locating Oga Emma?"
"Nothing mum", she lied. "He was nice to you, besides, he lost his job because your boss didn't believe your story"

She looked her daughter straight in the eye, both eyes red with tears, "mrs seriki didn't believe me, do you?"
Bolu felt like a kid caught hands in the cooky jar. She never lied to her mother. "I'm sorry mum, just that the issue of our father is bothering me"

Madam ty sobbed into her wrapper for sometime, then wiped her face and faced her daughter. The moment of truth had come, she thought.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2014

She was sixteen again, hidden in the cramped closet of the master's bedroom, peering through the inch-wide crack between the door and the jamb. Waiting for the footsteps to recede.

Heart thundering and afraid, she moved closer to the silver of space, anxious to see his back out the door. The waiting was interminable. Finally, she heard his voice. Barrister smart's voice. Deep, silky and smooth. Her heart leaped, she burrowed deeper into the already cramped closet, breathing heavily.

"I can see you, adebimpe. Come out of the closet". He opened the door and dragged her out.
"Please sir, I've never done it before", she pleaded for mercy, crying.
"I won't hurt you my dear, and I will give you plenty of money", the barrister said, her tears and plea for mercy fell on deaf hears. He was desperate to have the beautiful, raw beauty standing before him.

Her madam had dropped her off earlier on her way to a party with Dr Smart and her daughter. Once every week, she tidied the Smarts' large house, usually on saturdays. She was cleaning their daughter's bedroom when bar. Smart grabbed her from behind.

Usually, he goes to the country club with Mr Seriki on saturdays while his wife supervised her cleaning. However, for whatever reason, he stayed back on the saturday his wife was not around with her.

She turned to him in shock as he grabbed her, her hand flew to her mouth in shock.
"You are a beautiful girl", he told her, "let me take care of you". He attempted to grab her again and that was when she fled to the masters' bedroom.

He caught her as she made for the door and pushed her roughly on the king-sized bed in the room. She struggled but soon became weak.

Madam ty pressed the heels of her hands to her eyes, fighting back the memory, knowing how it would end- with him taking her innocence. She didn't want to go there, not again. But she didn't have a choice. The past had
Sought her out.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hmmmmm.... Candy dear, tanx 4 update. I feel for Adebimpe. Child molestation is a big issue in ds country of ours. Back to d matter, dat means Bolu nd Tobi's father is........
The story continues....
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 11:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Btw, God bless you.
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
The past had Sought her out.
Hmmmmm this isn't nice from my POV but it's not a gud thing to say...
Meaning the doctor that conducted the paternity test might b wrong or something else happened which we r about to find out

nice comeback candy really missed u n da updates o

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
yaaaaaay! Mi Candy is back. welcome back dear,i missed you most.
Re: THE WEB by Emzypaz(m): 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
Its happening live this weekend. Catch the conversation live on Nairaland as our popular programme 'Nairaland celebrity interview' kicks off with more force.
Guess who we are bringing this weekend. She is not story writer, neither is she a poet. She is a Queen, our Queen. A beauty. I present to you, the most beautiful girl on Nairaland. Miss Jennimma, winner Miss Nairaland beauty contest 2014.
Do you have questions for her?
Do you want to know the secret behind her beauty?
Do you want to know more about her?
This weekend, join us and ask your questions. Everything will be answered by our guest.
Date: Saturday 15-11-2014
Time: 2pm-3pm
Venue: https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv/9#27964171.
Missing the action is like carrying over a course.
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 12:14am On Nov 13, 2014
This z really wonderful. I knew d kids dad z either Mr Seriki or Mr smart. Weldone dear nd plus takia of those lovely kids oh

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2014
Hmmmm.
Miss seriki will lost everything in a blink of an eye
Welldone ma'am
Re: THE WEB by Fatalveli(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2014
Nemesis will always catch up wit all evil doers, more ink 2 ur pen ma'am
Re: THE WEB by SexySapphire(f): 10:16am On Nov 13, 2014
Welcome back Candy. The update was worth the wait. So Adebimpe was molested by both Mr Smart and Seriki. Randy men.
Re: THE WEB by Fatalveli(m): 10:57am On Nov 13, 2014
[b]Its happening live this weekend. Catch the
conversation live on Nairaland as our
popular programme 'Nairaland celebrity
interview' kicks off with more force.
Guess who we are bringing this weekend.
She is not story writer, neither is she a
poet. She is a Queen, our Queen. A beauty to behold.
I present to you, the most beautiful girl on
Nairaland. Miss Jennimma, winner Miss
Nairaland beauty contest 2014.
Do you have questions for the damsel?
Do you want to know the secret behind
her breathtaking beauty?
Do you want to know more about her? The phases of listening in which we enjoy the beauty
of God's handiwork on the beauty queen, her response to such factors as the
simplicity, balance, and proportion of her speeches,
and the eloquence of their her pure heart, then why don't u all fall or rather troop in and let's bombard the beauty pageant with questions. And the observable characteristics of her personalities including age, gender, educational level, group
affiliations, and socio-cultural background we ought to take not of when adapting to our interviewee.... Let's make it lively and I'm sure you all have a lot of questions
This weekend, join us and ask your
questions. Everything will be answered by
our guest.
Date: Saturday 15-11-2014
Time: 2pm-3pm
Venue: http://
www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-
interview-thread-subsidiary-
dammysammytv/9#27964171.
Missing the action is like carrying over a
course! Lol.... U can't afford to miss it like "Papa AJasco"[/b]
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
Candy, thanks 4 d update... Really appreciate it. Nw I can eat after all dis days of dry fasting nd prayers,cos of ur story. Keep it flowing.
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2014
Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that some writers are born with the pen. Others grew up to have the pen, a considerable amount of other accidentally grew up to have the pen.
You fall in the category of those who were born with the pen. You professionalism is just superb and out of this world. I just hope I can write like you one day.
I sight you Kingphilip, Adeh39 and Hameenat94.
Kip up the good work candy.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Thanks 4 sighting me.... Pls can u help us beg Candy 2 update 2day? Ehn....??
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
Lemme go to her house. She lives in my area unknown to her.
adeh39:
Thanks 4 sighting me.... Pls can u help us beg Candy 2 update 2day? Ehn....??
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 12:05am On Nov 15, 2014
Lovely
Re: THE WEB by Abuklaw(m): 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
Thanks for giving us this updates out of your busy time. Like d9ty7 said above, you are born with the pen.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2014
D9ty7, you are indeed an inspiration. Thanks for your words of encouragement my brother...I respect you loads.

Abklaw, thanks man! Good to have you back after a long abscence

Tescoleps ma sis, r*ape is an issue they don't take seriously in naija...may God help us.

Seunviju, adeh39, fatalveli, ma sexysaphire, zyzxx and ma honourable kingphilip...thanks to you all for your comments.

To the latest queen on da block, my own queen jennimma, your crown will last on your head o (ade a pe lori tongue)

Thanks to others too numerous to mention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 16, 2014

Once again, Tobi had overheard words not meant for his ears- words that hurt him deeply and changed his life. This time around, the door was open, but he chose not to interrupt the story. He had left the office and headed for Felele. From the story mrs seriki told him, his biological mother was not at fault, hence he had decided to meet her and his twin and to know who their father was.

Bolu had been absent from the office and he was happy when Ade told him mother and daughter were at home.
"Hello, mother", he prostrated to greet madam ty.

Both women were so shocked they almost passed out. They didn't even know which was more shocking: meeting them discussing paternity or the fact that he said 'mother'. Madam ty couldn't care less, she stood up and gave her long-lost son a warm embrace and buried her face in his broad shoulder. Mother and son locked in a tight embrace. Bolu was beyond herself with joy.

"Hello twinny", he drew Bolu into the embrace. They all got emotional. After a while, bolu broke them up and cleared her throat before asking, "what...I mean who...how did you know?"
"I overheard everything yesterday, Bolu"
"That was God at work, my son", madam ty said. "I wouldn't have had the courage to tell you and the silence wouldve killed me", she smiled and blew her nose into the hanky Tobi used to wipe her tears earlier.

"That brings me to the second thing I overheard, the one I just heard today", he shifted on his legs. "Em, are you saying Senator Smart is our dad?"

Their mother was downcast, shame enveloped her as she answered, "I'm not sure my son". She stared at her feet as she continued, "he forced me, once, and two days later, another man repeated the cycle, it could have been either of them"
"Oh no!", Bolu screamed.
"And you didn't report the r*pes?" Tobi asked, shocked and angry, moved to pity at whAt his mum had endured.

"No, I didn't report out of fear. senator Smart specifically threatened to kill me if I mentioned it"
"So you kept it all these years? The impression I got from my mum was that my real father was the gatekeeper, Mr Emma. Infact, I came so we could go find him"
"Emma was a gentleman, like my big brother, he never looked at me that way", madam ty assured them.
"I dated Amber Smart seriously for two years. This is killing me", tobi said, agitated, scared.

"Who is the second ra*pist maami, he could be our father"
"How will you know?" Madam ty looked at her children
"Dna test ma", tobi supplied the answer, "just tell me who he is, we'll find a way to get the swab for dna"
"And what is dna, my son?", she asked
"It's a new technology. They take something from us and the two men and test the samples in the lab", it was Bolu's turn to explain. "The test will show who our father is", she concluded.

Now perched at the edge of the coffee table in the center of the sitting room, Tobi asked his mother once again who the second person likely to be their father was.

Madam ty sighed and looked at her children, both grown into good looking, well disciplined adults. In a strange way now, she was grateful to Mrs Seriki for taking some pressure off her- she had a tough time raising Bolu, it would have been near impossible giving both of them a good upbringing.
One look at her son, and she knew he needed an answer to the question he asked earlier. As if on cue, he repeated his question, this time standing up from the coffee table to show his seriousness.

She heaved a big sigh, rubbed her palms together in panic and said "The man you live with. Chief Olabode Seriki"

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 16, 2014

Mrs Seriki sat down dejectedly at the edge of the bed she had shared with her husband for years. She stood up and paced the room. Things were definitely taking a turn for the worse, she could feel it.

Unable to hold it back any longer, she busted into fresh tears, without caring if her husband heard or not. He was downstairs having dinner and she had refused to join him. However unusual, Chief Bode Seriki was too starved to protest. He had gone ahead to eat alone as Tobi was also absent.

Unable to bear the tension any more, she went downstairs to the porch. She sat at one end of the screened-in porch of their mansion that over looked the well lit garden. The porch was un lit, she sat in the dark, in a comfortable upholstered chair and sipped her third glass of wine.

After her discussion with Tobi earlier in the day, she had spent the rest of the day receiving congratulations and goodwill messages from friends and colleagues over a state beautification contract she had won for the company. She had received the adulation with the knowledge that very soon, when the whole baby stealing story gets out, she would be viewed, no longer as a goddess but as a fallen angel-or even the devil himself.

She took another swallow of her red wine and placed the glass on the small stool beside her.
"Helen." Chief stood in the porch doorway, silhouetted by the garden light. "Why are you drinking so much?" He asked tentatively, inching a few steps towards his wife.

"Its all complicated, chief," she answered sullenly as a tear trickled down one cheek and she muffled a sob. "A lot is going on with me right now."

Chief drew the empty chair beside her and sat down. He had watched her descend the stairs dejectedly and picked a bottle of wine from the wine rack without saying a word to him.
"You should be happy today, Helen. You just won a contract worth millions of naira"

Helen flinched and reached for the bottle of wine, but chief moved it out of her reach. "Chief, how will you feel if you get to know Tobi is not your son?" She asked starring straight into the garden.

The question shocked chief Bode Seriki but not as much as it would've shocked him if he had heard it before he received the text message earlier . He never had reasons to suspect his wife of over thirty years of infidelity really, but since the day he received the anonymous text message he had been thinking about the time she got pregnant with Tobi and the fact that he was not in the country around that time.

Relieved at least, that he had the DNA result as a proof that he fathered Tobi and regardless of if she cheated on him or not, he drew her closer to himself. "I assure you my dear, Tobi is my son."

Mrs Seriki suddenly stood up from the chair and faced her husband. "How...I mean how can you be so sure?" She asked him.
"Let's go and talk about this in the room dear, you never know who might be lurking behind the bushes, listening in." He stood up and drew her closer. Reluctantly, she followed him inside and they went upstairs. Somehow, she had suddenly become afraid. Afraid of the way her thought was spiraling. If chief is Tobi and Bolu's father...she thought the worst.

Chief rummaged through his briefcase, searching for the envelope among his other vital documents. "Eureka." He said jokingly as he touched it. "Here, woman. This is proof that Tobi is my son." He handed the envelope to her. Stunned, she opened it and saw the result in ink.

She stood up angrily, her fear confirmed. "Chief, do you remember Adebimpe, the maid that stayed with us?"
"Yes, I even saw her yesterday at the hospital. I was surprised to hear she's Bolu's mother." He told her.

How do I handle this? She thought to herself. Obviously, chief had slept with Adebimpe under her nose. Getting angry with Chief meant exposing her sin of stealing Adebimpe's baby. On a second thought, the story was bound to get to him soon.

She allowed her mind to wander twenty five years back as she sobbed gently into her handkerchief.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 16, 2014
Na Chief Seriki get d twins... Wat will happen 2 Mrs Seriki nw? Thanks 4 d update... More ink 2 ur pen
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 7:38am On Nov 16, 2014
My worst fears av been confirmed.. I jst hope Mrs Seriki doesnt lose at d end. Tnx for d update candy. btw, happy sunday.
Re: THE WEB by Omoakin5(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2014
Tank u mrs candy,my God wil protect u amen.pls give me another update 2day o o

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.