Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,885 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

THE WEB - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (117188 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2014
I dey feel for tobi, it's not his fault.
Bolu should try and understand.

Candy u are d best, I just like d way u are twisting d story.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2014
D9ty7:

No matter how busy I am, I still find time to check out every three days. I am loving the twists and turns.
I trust you bro! You are always there to encourage others. Thanks.
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 9:52am On Dec 08, 2014
I can't blame Bolu for acting that way, she was there with her mum while she struggled 2 raise her, she just cudnt take it all in that she's going thru this nw,and as for Tobi, mrs seriki got him in a wooden dummy so can't blame him much. Just hope madam ty comes out of this. ...............Candy thanx for da update
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2014
zyzxx:
I dey feel for tobi, it's not his fault.
Bolu should try and understand.

Candy u are d best, I just like d way u are twisting d story.
I'm glad you are enjoying it.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 10:17am On Dec 08, 2014
candy:

I'm glad you are enjoying it.
tanks ma'am, u are d best
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 10:42am On Dec 08, 2014
still following
candy nice updates
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2014
candy:

Ruffhandu, service was awesome...family is good to the glory of God. Hope ur good too.

I am, just standing behind you.
Re: THE WEB by emyrald91(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2014
I have never spent more time on any other topic on nl. I have never followed a topic this long. I have never been this captivated by a story. this is simply worth the cinemas.
u did it candy. u can still do more because u r unlimited. … simply outstanding
Re: THE WEB by sammyomotola: 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
Candy, ur story got all attention
No 1 is blame but mrs. Seriki making d case more serious
Re: THE WEB by Uthman51(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2014
Where is my olugbohun I feel like cursing dat aje Mrs seriki...candy u 100 much..
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
@tomayira, tescoleps and others, thanks for your votes on the 'N5000 for writers' thread. Keep voting @all!
Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
For once, I never thought of reading a story here on NL that we make me feels like, its happening to me, but candy really got me on this. I felt for madam TY, this is totally "a sorrow of motherhood". Tobi is not also to be blame, at least it Is claer that he was under some sort of juju which is compelling him to forget his biological mother and even his sister.

I really wish someone is there to knock down that yeye Mrs. Seriki,( but candy has answer to that) I'm looking forward to how she will lose all that's she has laboured for.

Bolu should please take it easy with her twins brother oo, so as not to complicate the issue (why are they so blind to notice that, the situation around tobi was not ordinary, even when her friend told them how Mrs. Seriki has given her a portion to use on tobi?)

I will keep my arm cross shaa

Madam Candy, welldone... Don't you really think this can be put up as a DRAMA?

Jah bless you!!!!
Re: THE WEB by Calmdove(f): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
Welldone Candy... i so much love dis story
Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
Hmmm...I just hope the therapy works. Kudos dearie
Re: THE WEB by mariemummy(f): 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
Candy, Candy, Candy. You toooo much ooooo
Re: THE WEB by SexySapphire(f): 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2014
As they overcome one problem, they encounter another. I just hope Madam TY comes out of this trauma soon enough cos she has suffered so much to continue in it. I can't wait for the everybody to knw Mrs Seriki's secret.
Nice and lovely updates Candy, keep up with the good work.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
Madam ty,please get well soon. Tobi has really changed. Can I get an alleluia sambarry! Lolz

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2014
emyrald91:
I have never spent more time on any other topic on nl. I have never followed a topic this long. I have never been this captivated by a story. this is simply worth the cinemas.
u did it candy. u can still do more because u r unlimited. … simply outstanding
Your comment put a big smile on ma face, thanks!

sammyomotola:

No 1 is blame but mrs. Seriki making d case more serious
Mrs Seriki is just trying to make herself happy o.
Uthman51, sey u don curse am? We dey wait d effect o lols

@the only Calmdove, thanks.
@missviva, believe me I hope it works too...right now, we can only hope!

@mariemummy, thanks for the love.
Jennimma:
Madam ty,please get well soon. Tobi has really changed. Can I get an alleluia sambarry! Lolz
He changed after causing trouble...hian!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2014
harjibolar10:
For once, I never thought of reading a story here on NL that we make me feels like, its happening to me, but candy really got me on this. I felt for madam TY, this is totally "a sorrow of motherhood". Tobi is not also to be blame, at least it Is claer that he was under some sort of juju which is compelling him to forget his biological mother and even his sister.

I really wish someone is there to knock down that yeye Mrs. Seriki,( but candy has answer to that) I'm looking forward to how she will lose all that's she has laboured for.

Bolu should please take it easy with her twins brother oo, so as not to complicate the issue (why are they so blind to notice that, the situation around tobi was not ordinary, even when her friend told them how Mrs. Seriki has given her a portion to use on tobi?)

I will keep my arm cross shaa

Madam Candy, welldone... Don't you really think this can be put up as a DRAMA?

Jah bless you!!!!
Here comes another motivational feedback! When I read comments like this, I feel like writing more...let's just thank God for the grace for me to write, and the grace you all have to read! Thank you!

Madam ty has gone through a lot...the good thing is, she's still young. If she gets better, she'll enjoy.

As for Bolu, I think the whole thing just overwhelmed her. Believe me, it's sometimes better to just get it all out.

@SexySapphire...I can't wait for Mrs Seriki to meet her waterloo either. I wonder how she sleeps at night!

Let's see what happens sha...update coming 'morrow, God willing.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by drsolob2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
Weldon madam candy u are really talented.
Re: THE WEB by telad(m): 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
Candy drama. Make everybody rush here from front page. Dugbe drama, make Tobi sweat under ac. Juju drama, make Tobi behave like konji man. Pikin drama, make Madam Ty lost her memory. Web drama, bi page see n po lero n yapa...
Add yours abeg
I'm loving dis story so so much... grin

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by muhammad23(m): 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
The story ehn...is sweeter than candy...

No oooo....I don't mean your own candy ooo

I mean... sweet pongila...my Ibadan peeps would sure know this.... grin I can't sleep each night without checking for updates on this thread...

Pongila...oh sorry...I meant to say Candy... 'most nicest' writing...

God Bless your talent.
Re: THE WEB by mohjisolah(f): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2014
Nice one...
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 11:18am On Dec 09, 2014
This mrs seriki will soon hear it from me,make I go put on my fighting armour abi wetin make I do @ Candy?You r really doing great,thanks and more wisdom to you
Re: THE WEB by Peacefulness: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2014
Sis Candy, well done! Just registered back today after the tsunami, you are doing great. More oil to ur fingers. Ghost mode deactivated.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2014

It was eleven o'clock in the morning when Kelvin emerged from his car and
strolled confidently into the Dome hotel lobby, both hands in his pant pocket. He looked handsome and was dressed like a successful professional. The doormen welcomed him warmly and he nodded in response.

He proceeded to the stairway that lead to the guest rooms.

"Hello sir!" The receptionist called out after him.

He paused in his stride, then stopped and walked back to her. Her face was heavily made up, the light blue chiffon top she wore showed too much cleavage and it made her bra appear two cups smaller than her size. Her lipstick alone could paint a small clay pot, he thought. She didn't appeal to him in any way. But he was here for a reason.

Kelvin gazed at her for several moments, then smiled and said, "Hello ma'am." all smiles.
"Sir, do you have a room booked? I need to check you in." She said, business like.

Kelvin leaned closer to her, her cheap perfume repulsed him. He stood back straight and said, "I'm actually here to see a friend."

"Yea, but you can't just barge in like that, sir. We have to check you in."

"Hmm...I just saw a man walk straight in without hassle." He pointed out.

"He is a regular, sir." She told him. He was glad to hear that. For two weeks, he had been on Mrs Seriki's trail. five times in two weeks he had followed her to this hotel. On each occasion, she came in a white micra, the type commonly used for public transport in the city. On those five occasions, Dr Emma had come twenty minutes earlier or twenty minutes after her. Like today, he had watched Dr Emma park his Toyota Hylander about thirty minutes after Mrs Seriki got to the hotel.

As a private investigator, he knew his onions. He turned his charm on the annoying receptionist- anything to get the job done.

"Ma'am, has anyone told you how sexy you look?" He asked. More like slutty, he thought.

"Hmmm...thanks, I hear that a lot." She smiled, flashing brown teeth. She was desperate for attention and Kelvin was determined to exchange his charms for valuable information.

"I'm Kelvin, a business man, from Lagos." He stretched out his hand and she took it.

"Peace." She smiled ."So, what's that your friend's name?"

"Em, it's Damien." .

"Do you want me to look up his room number and notify him of your presence?" She asked.

"Nope. I'll prefer to surprise him, he's an old school mate. Another old school mate gave me this address. Let me wait here for him. Can't miss the opportunity to chat with a damsel like you." He touched her hands gently. She was flattered. The reception was deserted, making it easy for him to flirt.

He brought out his phone and held it towards her. "Sexy, can you punch your digits here?" He almost choked on the word sexy.

Gladly, she punched in her number and gave him the phone to save it. "Can I take pictures? This is a beautiful place." He had taken series of pictures of the couple on different occasions but none inside the hotel.

"Sure, snap away." Peace smiled.
"When do you close?" He asked
"My shift ends at 6pm."
"Good. Dinner in town?"
"Sure."

They agreed to meet at the newly opened heritage mall at Dugbe. They chatted for sometime and he saw Mrs Seriki walk down the stairs after about an hour. He took a few pictures of art works. she didn't respond to Peace's greeting.

Kelvin moved closer to her. "Not very friendly customer, han?"

"She's like that." Peace told him. He reserved all his questions till dinner. He needed inside help to really connect the dot. A few minutes later, Dr Emma walked out, he snapped the art works and the flowers, making sure Dr Emma was caught in the background. Mission accomplished, he stood up and bade Peace goodbye.

"Mr Kelvin. Are you not waiting for mr Damien again?"
"I better go. Who knows when he'll come downstairs?" He smiled.

Peace chuckled. "You are right sha." She said, sad that he had to leave so soon.

"6.30pm?"
"Yes, I'll see you then."

He gave her a business card he'd designed for this job.

She smiled as she watched him walk out through the door.

"You don catch big fish." Sogo, one of the doormen who had watched them flirt told him.

"You no well, Sogo. Face your work." She smiled and continued with her paper work.

Outside, Kelvin picked his phone and dialed frantically. Feedback time.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2014

"Are you sure of what you are saying, Mrs Utomi?" Chief asked the woman who sat opposite him in his office. She sat with one arm on her laps, fingers twisting a loose strand of lint from her grey pants while the other hand fumbled with the buttons of her wine sleeveless top which was buttoned to the neck. She was in obvious discomfort.

"I'm sure sir." She said with voice so low Chief Bode Seriki strained his ears to hear her words. "I'm sure it was uncle Tobi, your son."

Chief never saw that coming. He was shocked. For sometime, he had suspected his wife of adultery, even had her followed. But stealing a child souunded farfetched. He never thought she could be this deceptive.

Chief wiped his face with a clean handkerchief, then said, "Thank you so much. I appreciate your coming to tell me."
The woman took it as a hint for the end of discussion and stood up. "You've been good to my family, I couldn't but tell you. I just hope my name will not be mentioned" She said and picked her bag.

Chief stood up and smiled. "I understand, and I assure you, your name will not be mentioned at all, or even your sister's name. Just give me the address in Oshogbo."

She said the address and he scribbled it on his notepad. He dipped his hand in the side pocket of his native men's ankara 'buba' and pulled out a few thousands. He counted out twenty thousand and stretched it towards her. "Fuel your car with this, madam."

"Never," she shook her head. "I didn't come for monetary reward, chief. I came because you've been too good to my husband and I." She grabbed the door handle, turned it and left quickly.

She didn't feel relieved in any way. She was glad when her sister told her about Tobi and Bolu's visit. She had come here to destroy the woman who had deprived her of her husband's attention. Too bad, revenge didn't taste so good.

She walked briskly towards the car park, lowering her gaze to avoid eye contact with anybody. It was a covert mission, she even used a big scarf and dark sunglasses. Just as she stepped on the lowest rung of the stair, she almost bumped into Mrs Seriki.

Mrs Seriki stopped and looked at the woman who walked briskly past her. She had a flash of recognition despite the scarf and sunglasses.

"Mrs Utomi." She called out to her.
Shocked, she stopped in her stride and said, "Good morning ma." She greeted her, barely able to look at her face.

"What are you doing here?"

"A...a...a...I...I actually ca...came to see chief. My husband is angry with me and I need him to help us settle it." She managed to say the first thing that came to her mouth, scratching her hair through the scarf. She hated the woman's gut and almost told her so. She knew she dared not.

Sensing her discomfort, Mrs Seriki twisted her mouth and frowned, staring hard at the younger woman, as if she could see through her lies.
"Ok. Give my regards to your husband, it's been long since I last saw him." She said and walked away, almost shoving her out of her way.

"Mtcheew." Mrs Utomi hissed under her breath. "Like there is any day you don't see him. Whatever you get from chief, serves you right" She muttered to herself and continued to the car park without looking back.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
can't wait to See hw Mrs seriki ends
Emma too

hw madam ty recovers
n hw bolu n ha twin enjoys the perfect ever after

candy great update... awaiting the nxt
Re: THE WEB by kingflav(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2014
Nemesis will catch up with Mrs. Seriki eventually.
I admire ur writing skills, Great story
#stillfollowing
Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2014
kingphilip:
can't wait to See hw Mrs seriki ends
Emma too

hw madam ty recovers
n hw bolu n ha twin enjoys the perfect ever after

candy great update... awaiting the nxt

You've almost talk am finish, but make I add your left outs...

Waiting for how Tobi will confront his adopted(or abducted) mother when the cat is finally out of the bag

And how Mr. Seriki will virtually bring down her friend Dr. Smart on her way going down

Candy, Nice work you are doing here thou... KEep it up

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
Chei!!!!!!!!! Nemesis finally catching up wif mrs seriki, candy na u o, I just love the way the twist is I guess Dr emma's wife can't take it anymore abi who be Utomi?..... More strength to ur thumb oooo CANDY!!!! wink wink
Re: THE WEB by yinksaid(m): 4:01am On Dec 10, 2014
Have been a guest on this story 4 awhile now, reading frm page to page n hoping it would have been fully updated before I get to d last page. Now, am here and lonely without your updates hopefully CANDY will look my way and update my anxiety. love u CANDY.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.