Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

THE WEB - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116966 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
queentolpatx stop quoting the the op's story!!!! hian.. na wa oooo
Re: THE WEB by mizkeleke(f): 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
We waiting for updates. Wanna see how ugly it will get with Mrs Seriki. Meanwhile am loving the twists. Nice one Candy.
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 7:49am On Dec 11, 2014
booqee:
queentolpatx stop quoting the the op's story!!!! hian.. na wa oooo

I guess we all can comment the way we want ryt?...
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 11, 2014
QueenTolpatx:

I guess we all can comment the way we want ryt?...
no its inconvenient for some pple who are using a smaller device and u av to press and press the scroll down button for like forever. no it isn't fair
Re: THE WEB by SexySapphire(f): 9:48am On Dec 11, 2014
Nice updates candy. I'm happy Madam Ty is on the road to recovery and I can't wait to see Mrs Seriki's reaction when it dawns on her that she's exposed.
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2014
So Dat good man z d father to Dat good for nothing doctor? Maybe if adebimpe z taken bk to her huz at felele nd all wia they've been to. She might remember well. Helen would soon b exposed. I luv Bolu mother in-law. Thank god she's nt smother in-law cos she undstand
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
booqee:
no its inconvenient for some pple who are using a smaller device and u av to press and press the scroll down button for like forever. no it isn't fair

U shld av said that in a better way my dear. "Hian....nawa o" isn't necessary. Enjoy the page
Re: THE WEB by tsodjete: 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
You're too good ma'am. In fact you're the best. I dey your back, following you like kilode.

Should we be expecting another story after this?
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
Wow... This is good.
Sorry Candy..been busy lately.
Thanks for the mentions.
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
I am learning to write from candy.
Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2014
Candy dearie,sorry 4 commenting late but please I'd rather ‎​you don't rush it cos if ‎​you do,it might lose its intrigue... ‎​you can use the next story as ur xmas gift 2 us *winks...back 2 the matter,I think the charm will lose its complete potency if Мα∂αм ty comes face 2 face with helen,so,going 2 his office is a brilliant idea since they might meet helen there
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
missviva:
Candy dearie,sorry 4 commenting late but please I'd rather ‎​you don't rush it cos if ‎​you do,it might lose its intrigue... ‎​you can use the next story as ur xmas gift 2 us *winks...back 2 the matter,I think the charm will lose its complete potency if Мα∂αм ty comes face 2 face with helen,so,going 2 his office is a brilliant idea since they might meet helen there
Thanks for commenting dear. I'll take things in its stride like you suggested, no unnecessary rush...I'm planning to wrap it up soon, all the same.
ruffhandu:
I am learning to write from candy.
Emi ke? I'm a learner maself o cheesy
tsodjete:
You're too good ma'am. In fact you're the best. I dey your back, following you like kilode.
Should we be expecting another story after this?
God sparing our lives, I will take a short break after this...but you guys have inspired me enough to come up with another story.

debdave:
Wow... This is good.
Sorry Candy..been busy lately.
Thanks for the mentions.
The truth is; I miss your comments my sister. Glad to have you back!
SexySapphire:
Nice updates candy. I'm happy Madam Ty is on the road to recovery and I can't wait to see Mrs Seriki's reaction when it dawns on her that she's exposed.
We are almost there, my sister...thanks for your lovely comments.
Hameenat94:
So Dat good man z d father to Dat good for nothing doctor? Maybe if adebimpe z taken bk to her huz at felele nd all wia they've been to. She might remember well. Helen would soon b exposed. I luv Bolu mother in-law. Thank god she's nt smother in-law cos she undstand
Missed your comments loads.

Yea, the good man is the father of da badt doctor o!
She's been to felele, she remebers felele now, just the connection as Tobi's birth mum is all she needs now...someone or something she'll see that'll strike her instantly.
booqee:
it will be very bad and selfish of me if I don't drop dis comment today today. Cos I've been following this awesome piece for close to a month now FREE OF CHARGE...and I've never been disappointed. You're a prolific writer candy! the twist and turns are just in the right places.. Your last post ended with a mind blowing suspense dat no one could've written better! mehnnn tiri gbosa for you!!!!
may ur ink and source of inspiration never run dry amen!
Amen to your prayer. Your comment made my day!
@Lenmafon, thanks a bunch!
@MoriYanu(e mi naa ri yanu IJN!), thanks loaads
@Mizkeleke, keep following...we are almost there

@Yinksaid, we will all see the end of the story by God's grace. Keep following!
QueenTolpatx:

Hmmmm, candy u'v never let me down with the way the story always turn out............more ink 2 ur pen
I know I can always count on you! Thanks for your soul lifting comments.

@All my lovely fans, thanks for your sweet comments. Keep them coming.

Where is my tescoleps I miss your comments o! fragilegal and farheeda, where are you?
Re: THE WEB by bolajJP007: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2014
Hmmm. Candy, I was just thinking, since the title is WEB, and you have been mesmerizing us with enough twist and turns, that, Madam Seriki(Helen) and Madam TY might be related in someways.
Because, one cannot know what angle you will introduce to the story again.
Since we know that everybody will meet face to face soon, maybe another twist will be introduced.
Re: THE WEB by emyrald91(m): 11:59am On Dec 12, 2014
candy.... am seriously jealous. I wish I Am such a Good story teller like u.
d most amazing and lovely thing about ur story is d continuity. u are really talented in doing dis and Am so glad u found passion with ur talent.
I Am awarding u a Nobel prize in literature.
better u I pray.
better u I pray
Re: THE WEB by emyrald91(m): 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
bolajJP007:
Hmmm. Candy, I was just thinking, since the title is WEB, and you have been mesmerizing us with enough twist and turns, that, Madam Seriki(Helen) and Madam TY might be related in someways.
Because, one cannot know what angle you will introduce to the story again.
Since we know that everybody will meet face to face soon, maybe another twist will be introduced.
no I rather think Dr Emma's wife is related to madam ty. and she knows everything about tobi n madam ty.
candy it's up to u. we r waiting...
Re: THE WEB by zyzxx(m): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
wao candy u are d best, i enjoy d twist, more wisdom ma'am. thanks for time & effort.

moriyanu, i love ur name bro.
Re: THE WEB by MoriYanu(m): 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
zyzxx:
wao candy u are d best, i enjoy d twist, more wisdom ma'am. thanks for time & effort.

moriyanu, i love ur name bro.
oops! I'm flattered, thanks.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by JoseWael(m): 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2014
Candylicious Candy, Yhu are quite a piece. A very gud Writer; Yhu are. Yhur brilliance is extraordinary. More Ink to Yhur Pen and Wrist to Type !
Re: THE WEB by Debbysky(f): 8:23pm On Dec 12, 2014
All these annoying readers that will be quoting the whole update nd end up occupying the spaces that a new update is supozd 2 b.. What is ur problem ehn.. Cant u jst comment nd leave? Must u quote d whole update? Mtchww.. Candy welldone jare.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by Debbysky(f): 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
Plz stop quoting the whole update na, e dy occupy space abeg... Candy welldone jare.
Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
Debbysky:
Plz stop quoting the whole update na, e dy occupy space abeg... Candy welldone jare.
Really!!!!

And, do you really think that's Annoying, compare to when someone will quote and won't write even a letter?

But, seriously, occupying space is one of the most essential factor here. The more the page, the more the... (someone finish the for me jhoor

Thanks for the advice thou
Re: THE WEB by Olaitan3784(f): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
Miss candy where art thou
Re: THE WEB by MoriYanu(m): 11:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
common sweet candy, kindly update. abi shey make I drop my email make you help me drop the update ni. can't wait!
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 7:27am On Dec 13, 2014
Update! update!! update!!! Shouting here candy
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 13, 2014

"Chief, how are you? I've called your office over five times. Your secretary kept saying you were in a meeting." Mrs Seriki said.

"Yes, I just finished now. Conference call, actually."
Chief was very upset, it took all his will power to restrain himself from lashing out to this woman.

She stood behind him and looked through the documents on his table. "Sit down, Helen. I don't like it when you stand over my shoulder like that."

"Aw, ok o." She moved to the other side and sat down.
"What do you want, Helen?" Chief asked quietly.
"Chief, where is your son? I haven't seen him in three days now." She looked serious.
"My son is fine. He is busy with the affairs of TOSK Oil."

Mrs Seriki thrust the paper she held in his face. "Look at this. He gave out N5,000 to the managers as bonus and N2000 to each of the staff. In all the servicing stations of TOSK oil!"

Chief smiled. "Do you know the meaning of TOSK? It means TOBI SERIKI. The oil and gas part of my business is my son's and he is a good manager! Please leave him."

Mrs Seriki was angry. She stood up and waved the paper before chief. "What kind of stupid generosity is that? I'm on the board of TOSK and I won't have that." She said, fuming. "Besides, he is my son too!"

"I don't know about that, Helen. But I know he is my son and he is in charge." Chief regretted saying that, but he had to spite her somehow.

"Wh...what do you mean you don't know about that?" She looked shocked.

Chief opened his mouth to say something, but before he did, his intercom rang.
"Kemi, what is it?" He asked his secretary. He wasn't expecting anybody till 2pm on that saturday.

"It's Mr Tobi, sir." Kemi told him
"Oh, send him in now! Why are you calling to ask?"
"I'm sorry sir, I didn't know you were through with the meeting."
"Ok, just send my son in." He dropped the receiver and smiled at his wife, "speak of the devil."

The door swung open. Tobi strolled in, preceded by Bolu. Mrs Seriki felt like disappearing. Embarrassment was clearly written on her face. Why is she here? She asked herself. Just two days ago, she had paid the sum of N50000 into baba's account when he assured her he had fixed everything and that Tobi won't ever think of madam ty or even Bolu again.

"Good morning ma, morning sir." Bolu greeted.
Chief stood up, a blend of shock and shame written on his face. "How are you?" All the while looking at Bolu. "Boluwatife?" He called.

"Yes, sir! You still remember me?" She asked.

He managed to restrain himself from rushing to hug her, "Bolu!" He kept calling and staring into her beautiful face.

"What's going on here?" Mrs Seriki asked. Bolu almost asked the same question. Tobi just kept smiling, he was happy.

"Bolu's mother is waiting outside." He told chief. "Can I bring her in?"

"Adebimpe? Please! Bring her." He said and almost went to the door to bring her himself.

"Helen, I believe you remember Bolu, your corper?" Chief faced his wife.

"I do, Ade Thomas' wife, so?" She asked

"Apparently, we have a deeper history." He said, grinning from ear to ear.

Mrs Seriki's mouth hung open, eyes bulged.
"Yes, Helen. But of course you know." Chief looked at his wife.

The door flew open and madam ty entered. She had on a simple ankara skirt and blouse, elegantly sown. Her hair was neatly braided with attachments and she wore light make up. She looked beautiful and young. Chief gasped when he saw her.

Mrs Seriki turned to look at the unwelcome guest.

"Mrs Seriki!" madam ty suddenly felt weak, almost fainted, as if she saw a ghost. "Tobi!"
"I'm here" tobi said, surprised at her mother's action. "What is it?"

She quietly sat down, held her head as if in pain. Then it all came back to her. The hospital, mrs seriki's confession, tobi's visits, his denial in his office, the fears, the tears.

She stood up abruptly, "I remember now. I remember everything now." She was sobbing loudly now. Mrs Seriki was too shocked to utter a word. She could have killed baba if he had been around.

"Dad, sorry about this. Bolu is my twin sister..."

"I'm shamefully aware of that, Tobi." Chief stared at his feet shamefully. "I was waiting for the right moment."

"It's ok, sir." Bolu walked up to him and held his hands. She couldn't work up the courage to hug him just yet. Somehow, she still didn't feel the connection.

Tobi shrugged his shoulders and continued, "My birth mother had been through some problems lately; from shock to depression then amnesia. We decided to bring her here to see if the environment will jolt her memory."

"It's working I presume." Chief smiled, barely able to restrain himself from getting emotional.

Madam ty couldn't stop the tears. "Mrs Seriki, why?" She sobbed.

"What do you mean? She managed to ask as she stood up. "Chief, I'm going back to my office.

"Not so fast, helen. I have known about this for a couple of weeks now. Do you know anything about what we are saying here?"

"I'm sorry, chief. I don't know what to say right now. Adebimpe, I'm sorry for everything you've been through. Chief, can we talk about this at home?"

"Please let's all go home and sort this out." Chief faced them all.

"Can we sort this out, you and I?" Mrs Seriki eyed chief angrily.

"No, Helen." Chief held her by her shoulders, "we sort this out at home-as a family."

He rang his secretary, she quickly rushed back to her desk to pick his call. She had stuck her ear to the door since madam ty entered the office. Luckily for her, the eavesdropping paid off- she had enough to start a wild round of rumor.

"Hello sir."
"Get my driver." Chief instructed her.

Madam ty suddenly stood to her feet. "I'm not going to your house, chief. I have a church program."
Chief moved closer to her and held her limp hands. She appeared drained by her tears. "Adebimpe, I am terribly sorry for everything I put you through. Give me the chance to make amends." He pleaded.

She sighed. Bolu and Tobi were by her side. "Maami, let's go. Afterwards, I will drop you in church." Bolu pleaded too.

Mrs Seriki felt anger rising within her continuously but she had to keep her cool. She was unmoved by the drama and didn't want to be any part of it.

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 13, 2014
God don catch helen..I knew it

Congrats to adebimpe and her kids...nyc update candy
Re: THE WEB by MaBuk(f): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2014
Candy when is the next update coming up please? Monday or Tuesday?
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2014
MaBuk:
Candy when is the next update coming up please? Monday or Tuesday?
God willing, I will give another update later today. Thought I could finish it before the whole army woke up, but they did before I finished the editing.
Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2014
A̶̲̥̅♍ a good guesser yipeee!!!!....tnk God 4 the wonderful reunion. Candy if na play stop A̶̲̥̅♍ o y ‎​you go give me 1 update after the whole marathon wait? Tnx all the same dear
Re: THE WEB by sammyomotola: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2014
Candy thanks 4 d update but let's finish asap to start another
Re: THE WEB by sammyomotola: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2014
candy:

God willing, I will give another update later today. Thought I could finish it before the whole army woke up, but they did before I finished the editing.
Truly a whole army

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.