Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

THE WEB - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (117048 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by stuff46(m): 9:16am On Dec 10, 2014
ts woman eh, you never wan repent...
dont worry candy go soon make make em nab you

nice updates aunty candy na you get us
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
Candy,you must be vanilla flavoured. Your story is way too sweet. Keep them coming.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
"Good morning ma." Bolu greeted her mother-in-law on her knees.

"Boluwatife, how are you my daughter? Mummy bolu, good morning ma." Dr Mrs Thomas greeted them as she ushered them into her palatable private sitting room. She had been helping with the therapy sessions free of charge and she was glad doing it.

"Ekaaro ma. Thanks for your care ma, God will continue to bless you ma." Madam ty greeted in return.

The sessions seemed to be yielding results at last. Dr Thomas had tried hypnosis during their last session and she made progress. She had to stop in order not to get forced information from her, one of the downsides of treating dissociative amnesia with Hypnosis.

"So, how is Tobi?" She directed the question at madam ty. She was able to remember meeting Tobi and all about felele. The only hitch was remembering that she actually had twins and that Tobi was her son.

"Tobi is fine, he's a good boy." She smiled. She had warmed up to Tobi's charms and she really was determined to remember giving birth to him.

"Madam ty, like I told you earlier, you can't remember having Tobi. He was taken away from you by Mrs Seriki, at birth." Dr Thomas told her.

Madam ty shook her head and sadly and said, "I took that woman like my sister, how could she have done that to me?"

Dr Thomas held her hands in hers as she cried. The tears helped. Tobi and Bolu had taken her to Top one, even dressed her in the jeans and top she wore the day Ade proposed to her. So far, her progress was remarkable. On her score sheet, Dr Thomas rated her recovery sixty percent.

"Madam ty, you are so lucky. You got your son back." She told her, "some people are not that lucky."

She smiled through the tears and wiped her face with a kleenex. "I am lucky indeed."

Bolu was not part of the session, she was in the kitchen helping the maid prepare lunch. Her phone rang, it was Tobi.
"Hello, Tobiloba." She said playfully.
"Bolu, how are you? Is my mother there?" He asked.

He had never been happier in his life. He had even managed to start talking to Mrs Seriki. They were waiting for Madam ty to recover fully before meeting chief seriki officially.

"Your mother is still having her session."

"Hmmm...ok, I'll see you guys later...lest I forget, do you think bringing her to my office will help?"

Bolu thought over Tobi's suggestion for some time, then she agreed. That was the only place they've not touched. Dr Thomas had suggested it earlier. Maybe even meeting Mrs Seriki wasn't a bad idea, she thought.

"I'll discuss it with my mum in law."

"Please do, sis. Talk to you later." They bade each other goodbye and they were both happy they could talk now without hating each other. All thanks to Dr Thomas and their mother's determination.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2014

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Uthman51(m): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
Uthman51 my bro, me no fit read your sign language na!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2014
Jaymina,JoseWael,tsodjete,
Ronke001,limlim25,bolajJP007,
Xdunamis, chikkyberry, cestmoi1,fhemyxXx,emyrald91,
deain1,Rosytonia, mariemummy,Olivers2J, Sammyomotola,franklin000,
teamanbastos,MaBuk,calmdove,
sleekyshuga,stuff46,
Pelumzie,highlyfavouredo, mariaben, Almadrey,seehow,mizkeleke, hassan85,lenmafon, Mariamferanmi, Yinksaid, Harjibolar10,
Stonecoldcafe,Bblacky,Jennimma,Zyzxx,
Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Missviva
Plaitex,Missmossy, tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,farheeda, QueenTolpatx, Queenxtar, tescoleps,debdave. Hameenat94, ruffhandu, kingphilip, D9ty7, Moriyanu, portable31

Over to you guys! I'm planning on rushing this story, just a few more updates...make we finish am together o. I have another one lined up by God's grace.
Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
Madam Candy!!!!!
I'm lost in words, I don't know how to commend you anymore. Infact, you are a proffessional in this line, you are born to write thou.

For sometimes now,(before Madam Ty was disorganised) I've been Contemplating on, may be madam TY has forgotten OGA EMMA or not, and may be you won't mention him again, Now, I'm flabbergasted on how you just introduced Oga Emma back to this story, I don't see it coming at all, I don't (for once) even think of it the ways you've come out to present oga Emma again. I can't wait to read the part where Mrs. Helen Seriki(the Hot tempered Oga, that's dating her own 'Sacked' employee's SON) and Pa Emmanuel Utomi(the gate keeper turn, THE DOCTOR'S FATHER) will meet once again ooo

Sister Candyyyyyy!!!!, this story is so unpredictable, and you are A BomB(but not BH ooo)

Ma'am, please let the great work continue....
I will follow you to the end of this story, even if it won't end in 20years to come.#wink

Na your Back I dey gidigba
Keep 'em Coming
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
Candy,may your inspiration bank never run dry. Iseee! *pats her back softly with my royal sceptre*
Re: THE WEB by sammyomotola: 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
Candy caught me speechless
Oga to feature again as big man not a old man
O2tvseries is not better than u
Re: THE WEB by Tobilastik(m): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
it will be a sin if I refuse to comment on this great WORK!!

miss/Mrs./mummy CANDY ....Nice work so far, ve been reading dz story since 9:30am ...more power to ur elbow!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
Guys, ur just reading na...no comments? Ok o, update coming after 30 comments lol.
Re: THE WEB by Olaitan3784(f): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
Thumbs up 2 u candy,great story u've got
Re: THE WEB by Calmdove(f): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
candy:
Jaymina,JoseWael,tsodjete,
Ronke001,limlim25,bolajJP007,
Xdunamis, chikkyberry, cestmoi1,fhemyxXx,emyrald91,
deain1,Rosytonia, mariemummy,Olivers2J, Sammyomotola,franklin000,
teamanbastos,MaBuk,calmdove,
sleekyshuga,stuff46,
Pelumzie,highlyfavouredo, mariaben, Almadrey,seehow,mizkeleke, hassan85,lenmafon, Mariamferanmi, Yinksaid, Harjibolar10,
Stonecoldcafe,Bblacky,Jennimma,Zyzxx,
Thinezy,Boladex1,Amiablejudy,Missviva
Plaitex,Missmossy, tfabu,Manuel180,gal10,farheeda, QueenTolpatx, Queenxtar, tescoleps,debdave. Hameenat94, ruffhandu, kingphilip, D9ty7, Moriyanu, portable31
Over to you guys! I'm planning on rushing this story, just a few more updates...make we finish am together o. I have another one lined up by God's grace.
*lolzz God wil help us to finish it together,all thanks to candy for sharing with us dis interesting story* what a disgrace to mrs seriki 4 her dating oga emma son!!
Re: THE WEB by bolajJP007: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
Candy, you are a world class storyteller. The twist and turns makes a story wonderful. It's so intriguing. Big up to you. Lots of love.
Re: THE WEB by amiablejudy(f): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
Go Candy, Go Candy Go,'cheers on with smiles'.To say you are good is an understatement this is excellent o,magnificent o,insightful o and ooooooooo.Girl its a master piece and your consistency speaks volumes. Keep the great work on
Re: THE WEB by harjibolar10(m): 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
candy:
Guys, ur just reading na...no comments? Ok o, update coming after 30 comments lol.

30 kee!!!
Come update jhoor
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
Candy!!!, wow! I'm speechless, as in d twists in d story made me speechless. I so much luv it. Thanks 4 d updates. Keep it flowing.
Re: THE WEB by xdunamis(m): 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mrs seriki - this woman doesn't deserve to live till d end. Dr emma, maybe his part should be over in d story after bringing his dad. Temi is already lost, she need to find a way back in d story....just my thoughts though. Candy I must be sincere with you, 'The Web' is already a novel and i believe u shld work on publishing it. I'm honored, I mean, being able to read it here on nairaland without paying a dime. You are a great writer.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
xdunamis:
Mrs seriki - this woman doesn't deserve to live till d end. Dr emma, maybe his part should be over in d story after bringing his dad. Temi is already lost, she need to find a way back in d story....just my thoughts though. Candy I must be sincere with you, 'The Web' is already a novel and i believe u shld work on publishing it. I'm honored, I mean, being able to read it here on nairaland without paying a dime. You are a great writer.
Thanks for your spirit lifting comment. I'm actually not killing any character, if not, mrs seriki for hear am lol.

Trust me, Dr Emma's character was introduced for a reason. Purpose is almost served, then he fades.

Temi still coming!

Keep the comments coming, love u all.
Re: THE WEB by sammyomotola: 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
xdunamis:
That's what I told her, she is d best.
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
Jennimma:
Candy,may your inspiration bank never run dry. Iseee! *pats her back softly with my royal sceptre*
u No serious o
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
Wow candy always dishing candilicious updates since 1880
ride on dear will surely b here When u r done
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
kingphilip:

u No serious o
O gini? undecided
Re: THE WEB by Rosytonia(f): 8:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
Glad Madam Ty is getting beta. With the introduction of Pa Emma again, I hope she gets to meet him again as she always wished. Keep it coming Candy! More ink to ur pen. Am following religiously....
Re: THE WEB by Uthman51(m): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
candy:
Uthman51 my bro, me no fit read your sign language na!

It means well done ma'am
Re: THE WEB by lenmafon: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
thank you candy sweeti you are a born writer. hope you will publish this as a novel and hope u will pass this great talent to one of ur kids? cant wait to see helen cry out her eyes.
Re: THE WEB by joliej(f): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
Candy you're a prolific writer indeed.
I love the twists and the unpredictive nature
Of events cool.
The suspence is scintillating. grin
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
candy:

"Take a seat." Chief Seriki pointed towards the guests section of his large office.

"Ok, sir." Dr Emma said politely.

He watched him stride over to one of the comfortable sofas.
"I'll just shut down and join you." He dialed his secretary. She was there in seconds.

"Get something for the good doctor, from the fridge." He instructed the secretary.

"Ok sir." She asked him what he wanted and she offered just that.

Chief cleared his throat soon as she left. "Dr Emmanuel Utomi." He called out dr Emma's name. Dr Emma became uneasy.

"Is everything alright sir? You said you needed to see me urgently." Dr Emma sat straight in his chair and kept his drink on the glass coffee table. He was dressed in jeans and t-shirt. He was on his way to the recreational club when he got chief's call.

Chief hesitated. Dr Emma was young, brilliant and hard working. He had encouraged him to go into private practice, even bankrolled the clinic business as a share holder to encourage him when he complained about capital.

"I have a friend, doctor," he began slowly, "he's in a kind of a tight spot." Chief said, still trying to figure out the best way to tell him.

Dr Emma rubbed his sweaty palms together continuously.
"Is it medical, sir?" He asked. In the past, chiief had introduced him to a bunch of his wealthy friends.

"This friend of mine just caught his wife and a close family friend having an affair."

The hand rubbing motion stopped abruptly and he suddenly sat straight. "How did he catch them sir?" His voice had lost its strength.

Chief smiled and slapped his shoulder playfully, "he sent someone after them."

Dr Emma liked to think of himself as very intelligent, but chief's little maneuver had shaken his self confidence. "I...I'm ...I'm sorry about your friend sir.."

"Are you? " Chief asked him. "I need you to make suggestions on how best he can punish him." A mischievous smile played around the corners of his lips as he stared directly into the younger man's wide opened eyes and dropped jaw.

Dr Emma stood up, all shaken.

"Do you have something you want to tell me, Dr Utomi?" Chief asked. He placed printed copies of him and his wife's photos on a corner of the coffee table.

Without thinking twice, one look at the pictures and he prostrated flat on the floor. He knew chief's wrath was better imagined than experienced.

"It's not what you think sir." He stuttered. Tears flowed freely from his eyes. "We were just discussing the issue of Tobi and his mother."

"So, you knew?"
"I just got wind of it sir."
"That's another betrayal on your part, man!" Chief shook his head sadly for the young man. He had always been the cool, calm and coordinated man. He never believed in using thugs and he hated violence.

Chief stared at him. He didn't know what to do to him. Earlier in the day, while doing background check on Dr Emma, he had discovered that his father's name was also Emmanuel Utomi, his one time loyal gate keeper's name. He had been so shocked when he called Mrs Utomi and she confirmed her father in law was actually Pa Emmanuel Utomi, who worked as gate keeper in his house over twenty six years ago.

Though a gate keeper, they were friends. Oga Emma, like they all called him, except his wife of course, was a few years older than him when he worked for them. But he was a wonderful man. A man he had vowed to repay for his kindness whenever they met. He had felt bad about the way his wife treated Emma and Adebimpe, but he never really had a say.

Chief let out an exasperated sigh. "Emma, why did you do it?"

Dr Emma laid flat on the floor, still in tears, like a child caught with his hands in the cookie jar. "I'm So...so...so..rr...yy sir." Was all he managed to say over and over again.

"I want to see your father." He stood up from his chair and headed toward his desk. "Get out and close the door. When I see your father I will talk to you like a man."

Dr Emma quickly stood up, dusted his hands and knees. Luckily, his father was visiting with his new wife the following day. He understood chief well enough to know the meeting was over.

"Ok sir, thank you sir. I'm sorry sir." He said over and over till he turned the knob and left the office.

Chief had his head in his palms. He hadn't discussed the issue with his wife of over thirty years. "Where is the woman I married?" He muttered under his breath. He was yet to deal with the issue of Adebimpe and his daughter. He had been to Oshogbo to see them but was told they were both in ibadan. somehow, he was too scared to confront them. He needed more time and strength. For the first time in his life, he felt like committing a murder.

Just then, his door creaked and opened. Helen Seriki, the woman he wished he never met, stood there in all her glory.

Hmmmm, candy u'v never let me down with the way the story always turn out............more ink 2 ur pen
Re: THE WEB by yinksaid(m): 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
when you think u have an idea of where this story is playing to, another twist jst pump up into another direction with more suspense. I must see d end of this story...
Re: THE WEB by MoriYanu(m): 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
nice update! can't wait to know the end of Mrs seriki oniranu!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2014
it will be very bad and selfish of me if I don't drop dis comment today today. Cos I've been following this awesome piece for close to a month now FREE OF CHARGE...and I've never been disappointed. You're a prolific writer candy! the twist and turns are just in the right places.. Your last post ended with a mind blowing suspense dat no one could've written better! mehnnn tiri gbosa for you!!!!

may ur ink and source of inspiration never run dry amen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.