Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? (5722 Views)

Should I Leave Or Stay? / Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / Do I Leave Or Remain In This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by zboyd: 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Would you leave your BF/GF/Fiance/Fiancee/Husband/Wife if s/he hit you ONE TIME or would you stay?

If you stay, what if it happened a SECOND TIME, even if they promised it would NEVER happen again?

Would you leave then?

How many times would it take him or her hitting you, before you leave, IF you decide to leave?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by snazzylove: 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
I gort married to stay married. If he hits me first time, I will not leave, second time, no I will still not leave, (this is if am ver certain my hussy is not the abusive type). Rather I will try to find out the root cause of the hitting, maybe its something am doing or saying, or something is having an influence on him e.g alcohol. Leaving is a last resort when every option has been exhausted and its glaring that he ain't stopping, that no matter what I do or say or not say he will hit me. Then I think I'll take the walk.
Don't want to die untimely, this life too sweet grin.

4 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by laidol(f): 4:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
If you partner hits you just once, my dear then it means he /she has violent tendencies and that hardly ever changes. If you are still dating you better take a walk immediately but if u are married, it wont be that easy to walk out. Once is enough to decide

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
snazzylove: I gort married to stay married. If he hits me first time, I will not leave, second time, no I will still not leave, (this is if am ver certain my hussy is not the abusive type). Rather I will try to find out the root cause of the hitting, maybe its something am doing or saying, or something is having an influence on him e.g alcohol. Leaving is a last resort when every option has been exhausted and its glaring that he ain't stopping, that no matter what I do or say or not say he will hit me. Then I think I'll take the walk.

So alcohol is an excuse now?

7 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
laidol: If you partner hits you just once, my dear then it means he /she has violent tendencies and that hardly ever changes. If you are still dating you better take a walk immediately but if u are married, it wont be that easy to walk out. Once is enough to decide

I don't see why it is not easy to walk away from a violent partner because you are married.

I would not hesitate. It is the peak of disrespect to hit your spouse.

4 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by aljharem(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
I will stay embarassed
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by kreamidiva(f): 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
snazzylove: I gort married to stay married. If he hits me first time, I will not leave, second time, no I will still not leave, (this is if am ver certain my hussy is not the abusive type). Rather I will try to find out the root cause of the hitting, maybe its something am doing or saying, or something is having an influence on him e.g alcohol. Leaving is a last resort when every option has been exhausted and its glaring that he ain't stopping, that no matter what I do or say or not say he will hit me. Then I think I'll take the walk.

What if it's the second time he hits u that would cause the untimely death or cause serious bodily harm or brain damage?

7 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
aljharem: I will stay embarassed

What will you do when she hits you?

What if it happens again?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by aljharem(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What will you do when she hits you?

What if it happens again?

I will still stay and hope for the best provided I was the one that married her.

Try talking to her or even hit her back if needed
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
aljharem:

I will still stay and hope for the best provided I was the one that married her.

Try talking to her or even hit her back if needed

In conclusion, you would choose to stay in a violent marriage.

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by aljharem(m): 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:
In conclusion, you would choose to stay in a violent marriage.

Its better than going back to my vomit. So long as I chose her, I have to stick with it.

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
smiley smiley
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
aljharem:

Its better than going back to my vomit. So long as I chose her, I have to stick with it.

What does going back to your vomit mean?

So the woman you chose can do whatever she wants because you chose her?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Tval(m): 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: smiley smiley

I won't try it wink
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by aljharem(m): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What does going back to your vomit mean?

So the woman you chose can do whatever she wants because you chose her?

That's not the case. I should have seen the character of the woman before marrying.

Since I have made the discussion , I have to follow through with it.

That why you must pray and listen to good advice before marrying.

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
aljharem:

That's not the case. I should have seen the character of the woman before marrying.

Since I have made the discussion , I have to follow through with it.

That why you must pray and listen to good advice before marrying.

Wise words but people can change, sometimes for the negative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by snazzylove: 5:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
@carefreewannabe, read my post again. No, alcohol is not an excuse.
@kreamidiva, am talking about a husband here not some boyfriend or fiance. And NO again, I will not walk out on my hussy cos he hit me once. If you go thru my post again, I s said if am sure my hussy is not d abusive type. For instance if in a 7yrs old marriage hussy just hit you once, so instead of finding out what led to that you pack your bags and go? No, I will not do that.

3 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
snazzylove: @carefreewannabe, read my post again. No, alcohol is not an excuse.
@kreamidiva, am talking about a husband here not some boyfriend or fiance. And NO again, I will not walk out on my hussy cos he hit me once. If you go thru my post again, I s said if am sure my hussy is not d abusive type. For instance if in a 7yrs old marriage hussy just hit you once, so instead of finding out what led to that you pack your bags and go? No, I will not do that.

Everyone can make a mistake and forgiveness is divine so I understand if someone forgives something like this once. If it happens twice, then it will most likely happen again and nobody should have to endure it in the name of marriage. My two cents.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
hmmmm....really tough question...

If we are still dating and he hits me...Am gonna call it a quit....It shows he is gonna do more than that if we finally tie the knot...

If we are married already and he hits me the first time...Am gonna feel so so bad....really bad...

But i ll make sure it wont repeat itself...I ll study him more and withdraw or leave whenever he is getting angry again....I ll call his attention to it and we ll talk about it...

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
temigracie: hmmmm....really tough question...

If we are still dating and he hits me...Am gonna call it a quit....It shows he is gonna do more than that if we finally tie the knot...

If we are married already and he hits me the first time...Am gonna feel so so bad....really bad...

But i ll make sure it wont repeat itself...I ll study him more and withdraw or leave whenever he is getting angry again....I ll call his attention to it and we ll talk about it...

@bold

It sounds like life in fear.

3 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

It sounds like life in fear.

well, maybe...I simply hate violence.....

I ll do evrything possible to avoid it...

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
temigracie:

well, maybe...I simply hate violence.....

I ll evrything possible to avoid it...

Would leaving someone with violent tendencies not be the better choice then?

1 Like

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Would leaving someone with violent tendencies not be the better choice then?

Like i said earlier, if we are not married...Thats the first thing i ll do...

But if we are married and he slapped me.....I ll believe maybe i pushed him to the wall..Or maybe he is going through some really challenging period...Maybe he has changed...maybe something is wrong somewhere....

I think staying with him and helping him tackle the situation on ground is the best....since you didnt notice it while courting....

I call his attention to it....ask him to tell me what i have done wrong...I ll also pray about it....
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
temigracie:

Like i said earlier, if we are not married...Thats the first thing i ll do...

But if we are married and he slapped me.....I ll believe maybe i pushed him to the wall..Or maybe he is going through some really challenging period...Maybe he has changed...maybe something is wrong somewhere....

I think staying with him and helping him tackle the situation on ground is the best....since you didnt notice it while courting....

I call his attention to it....ask him to tell me what i have done wrong...I ll also pray about it....

You sound like a person with a good heart.

I am someone who is quite forgiving too but I would never tolerate violence in my home. I can forgive it once but I cannot forgive it twice. And I cannot recommend anyone, be it a man or a woman, to endure violence in the name of marriage. I neither want my children to grow up in such an environment.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tval:

I won't try it wink
then prove it
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You sound like a person with a good heart.

I am someone who is quite forgiving too but I would never tolerate violence in my home. I can forgive it once but I cannot forgive it twice. And I cannot recommend anyone, be it a man or a woman, to endure violence in the name of marriage. I neither want my children to grow up in such an environment.

lol..tanks alot, sis....

No-one loves violence...No-one prays or wish for it....since marriage is for enjoyment not endurance....
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Tval(m): 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: then prove it

Just do anything that could make me get angry.
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
temigracie:

lol..tanks alot, sis....

No-one loves violence...No-one prays or wish for it....since marriage is for enjoyment not endurance....

Exactly wink
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 14, 2014
Tval:

Just do anything that could make me get angry.
really?
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Tval(m): 6:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
Almeria: really?
Of course
Re: If Your Partner Hits You ONE Time, Would You Leave Or Stay? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Anybody that hits u once would do it again...
A violent man is a violent man, he was probably just restraining himself before, he'd lose his head again...

Best advice, flee from such men, it don't matter whether u got married in the vatican...
D next blow might kill you... A word is enough..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

And My Baby Arrived. / Can You Address Your Husband As "SIR" Or "DADDY"? / For Those Trying To Conceive; the other alternative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.